Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Oracle variation by Flight
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-18 12:57:19" ] [quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2018-06-18 12:56:36" ] Also light dragons literally just stare into the sun to get their prophecies. [/quote] Well, that explains why all their philosophers wear blindfolds. [/quote] Rare footage of light oracles receiving a vision: [img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mye.gif[/img]
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-18 12:57:19:
MurkyDepths wrote on 2018-06-18 12:56:36:
Also light dragons literally just stare into the sun to get their prophecies.
Well, that explains why all their philosophers wear blindfolds.

Rare footage of light oracles receiving a vision:

mye.gif
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
[quote name="Levengale" date="2018-06-18 12:49:45" ] Lightning probably built an all-knowing computer or something. [/quote] "Computer, will I ever find love?" "Brzztt... NOT LIKELY Brrzt...NOW BACK TO WORK." I can't help but imagine it would be like a sassy 8-ball lol.
Levengale wrote on 2018-06-18 12:49:45:
Lightning probably built an all-knowing computer or something.

"Computer, will I ever find love?"

"Brzztt... NOT LIKELY Brrzt...NOW BACK TO WORK."

I can't help but imagine it would be like a sassy 8-ball lol.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
[quote name="Levengale" date="2018-06-18 12:49:45" ] Ooh, that's a neat idea. [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-18 12:47:22" ] I wonder if Plague oracles would intentionally sicken themselves and then interpret their fever dreams? [/quote] Or like the witches in Stardust who read from entrails? That's...quite a bit darker, though. Lightning probably built an all-knowing computer or something. [/quote] Lightning built a dragon version of Google.
Levengale wrote on 2018-06-18 12:49:45:
Ooh, that's a neat idea.
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-18 12:47:22:
I wonder if Plague oracles would intentionally sicken themselves and then interpret their fever dreams?

Or like the witches in Stardust who read from entrails? That's...quite a bit darker, though.

Lightning probably built an all-knowing computer or something.

Lightning built a dragon version of Google.
She/Her FR Time +1YVJY8Ut.png I hoard 1013.pngWaBL9Eh.png
[quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2018-06-18 12:56:36" ] Also light dragons literally just stare into the sun to get their prophecies. [/quote] They answer every questions with "GAAAH IT BURNS" Conversely, Shadow dragons read the stars/phases of the moon

They answer every questions with "GAAAH IT BURNS"

Conversely, Shadow dragons read the stars/phases of the moon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif

[*] Fodder Trading
[*] Wishlist
[*]Hatchery
x
x
x
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
I think Light would have an organized and well-documented (but still very secret from outsiders) system of fortunetelling/prophesying. It would most likely involve watching the position of sunbeams (or the sun itself) relative to landmarks- the Beacon would be the focal point (no matter where they are, a bit like how irl Muslims pray toward Mecca), but an individual seer would have secondary reference points unique to themselves or their location, potentially including the residence of the deity of the territory they are currently in, a unique rock formation or plant growth, or a mundane boulder that holds no other significance. These seers will work by moonlight if they have to provide immediate answers at night, but view cloudy times, or nights with no moon, as deeply unlucky and will not take important actions until there is light once more. Regarding night divination, Sornieth has two moons right? They use the position of only the brightest, but the light from the other moon can add imprecision to the signs- that's why if given a choice they will work during the day. Seers and prophets pass information from one another, but only invite non-prophetic dragons into this collaboration if many of them forsee catastrophic events that require preemptive action- otherwise they simply work among themselves, recording and documenting all their works and working closely with the historians to ensure that the historical records and the major prophecies are recorded together appropriately.
I think Light would have an organized and well-documented (but still very secret from outsiders) system of fortunetelling/prophesying. It would most likely involve watching the position of sunbeams (or the sun itself) relative to landmarks- the Beacon would be the focal point (no matter where they are, a bit like how irl Muslims pray toward Mecca), but an individual seer would have secondary reference points unique to themselves or their location, potentially including the residence of the deity of the territory they are currently in, a unique rock formation or plant growth, or a mundane boulder that holds no other significance. These seers will work by moonlight if they have to provide immediate answers at night, but view cloudy times, or nights with no moon, as deeply unlucky and will not take important actions until there is light once more. Regarding night divination, Sornieth has two moons right? They use the position of only the brightest, but the light from the other moon can add imprecision to the signs- that's why if given a choice they will work during the day. Seers and prophets pass information from one another, but only invite non-prophetic dragons into this collaboration if many of them forsee catastrophic events that require preemptive action- otherwise they simply work among themselves, recording and documenting all their works and working closely with the historians to ensure that the historical records and the major prophecies are recorded together appropriately.
wq9PoXA.png
i have a seer from ice - empire on page 2 - and he asks uses icicles (enchanted to never melt completely away) kind of like dice, or for bigger visions, sits in a pool of water from a glacier.

i dont have a wind seer yet, but mine would use chimes for fortune telling (the melodies they make when the question is asked) and watch the clouds as they move for prophecies.
i have a seer from ice - empire on page 2 - and he asks uses icicles (enchanted to never melt completely away) kind of like dice, or for bigger visions, sits in a pool of water from a glacier.

i dont have a wind seer yet, but mine would use chimes for fortune telling (the melodies they make when the question is asked) and watch the clouds as they move for prophecies.
[quote name="chimmy" date="2018-06-18 13:21:38" ] i have a seer from ice - empire on page 2 - and he asks uses icicles (enchanted to never melt completely away) kind of like dice, or for bigger visions, sits in a pool of water from a glacier. i dont have a wind seer yet, but mine would use chimes for fortune telling (the melodies they make when the question is asked) and watch the clouds as they move for prophecies. [/quote] I love that idea for Wind Seers, especially since I have one of my own. And Empire looks amazing, and usually I don't like male Ridges, but I'm a sucker for blue dragons lol. [quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2018-06-18 12:58:52" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2018-06-18 12:57:19" ] [quote name="MurkyDepths" date="2018-06-18 12:56:36" ] Also light dragons literally just stare into the sun to get their prophecies. [/quote] Well, that explains why all their philosophers wear blindfolds. [/quote] Rare footage of light oracles receiving a vision: [img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mye.gif[/img] [/quote] This is glorious and if I ever get a Light oracle, this is how they'll foretell the future.
chimmy wrote on 2018-06-18 13:21:38:

I love that idea for Wind Seers, especially since I have one of my own. And Empire looks amazing, and usually I don't like male Ridges, but I'm a sucker for blue dragons lol.
MurkyDepths wrote on 2018-06-18 12:58:52:
Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-18 12:57:19:
Well, that explains why all their philosophers wear blindfolds.

Rare footage of light oracles receiving a vision:

mye.gif

This is glorious and if I ever get a Light oracle, this is how they'll foretell the future.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
Light oracles could do readings based on the sun spots (is the local star named in the canon?)

Earth oracles could observe the shape of fragments or how the rock fragments are arrayed after smashing a rock.

Lightning oracles could look for shapes and patterns within Lichtenberg patterns after lightning strikes or produce them on materials with a charge.

Fire oracles could observe the flames when burning things or maybe look at the ashes after burning something.
Light oracles could do readings based on the sun spots (is the local star named in the canon?)

Earth oracles could observe the shape of fragments or how the rock fragments are arrayed after smashing a rock.

Lightning oracles could look for shapes and patterns within Lichtenberg patterns after lightning strikes or produce them on materials with a charge.

Fire oracles could observe the flames when burning things or maybe look at the ashes after burning something.
[quote name="@Laluzi" date="2018-06-18 12:47:22" ] Ooh, that's a neat idea. I think you're on point with all of those. I wonder if Plague oracles would intentionally sicken themselves and then interpret their fever dreams? And they're highly respected in their clans for braving the Plaguebringer's brood time and time again to glean whispers of her intent. Pocketing that lore idea. [/quote] Oh my gods I want a plague seer now so I can write that. Can I use that? OMG so many possibilities!
@Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-18 12:47:22:
Ooh, that's a neat idea. I think you're on point with all of those. I wonder if Plague oracles would intentionally sicken themselves and then interpret their fever dreams? And they're highly respected in their clans for braving the Plaguebringer's brood time and time again to glean whispers of her intent.

Pocketing that lore idea.
Oh my gods I want a plague seer now so I can write that. Can I use that? OMG so many possibilities!
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
@ObsidianMage Go for it! I just tried my hand at it, and I think I'll go back and make it better later.

Ooh, that was a neat idea for Lightning dragons. What about drawing magnets over ferrous material?
@ObsidianMage Go for it! I just tried my hand at it, and I think I'll go back and make it better later.

Ooh, that was a neat idea for Lightning dragons. What about drawing magnets over ferrous material?
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
1 2 3 4 5 6