Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Rising Team Update
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 63 64
[quote name="Berkshire" date="2018-06-18 16:48:39" ] will gathering turns be refreshed at 6? [/quote] This is a good question. How is gathering festival currency and chests gonna work if they're put in at some arbitrarily random time of day rather than at rollover when everyone gets their gathering turns back? To be perfectly honest, this whole thing smacks of terrible time management on your guys' part. It's been five years now--why are festivals, of which there are eleven each year, on a regular and very predictable schedule, not largely automated and have all of their content into the system at least a day ahead of time instead of being hastily crammed in in the middle of the night? Is there also going to be an additional period of downtime at 6 server time when the festivals start and end? I have all the sympathy in the world for Undel, don't take it the wrong way, but changing how festivals work after five years of the same schedule wouldn't have to happen if you got everything important done more than half an hour before the site comes back up after rollover, that way you wouldn't need all hands on deck in the middle of the night and could probably manage with just one person or eventually no one at all. Also, pretty disappointed to see Ask the Team go, since this is your, what, third or fourth attempt at a thing like that? They're really not even worth trying to participate in anymore, honestly, since there's no effort being made to keep a consistent schedule with them and they keep getting replaced with something new every year or so.
Berkshire wrote on 2018-06-18 16:48:39:
will gathering turns be refreshed at 6?

This is a good question. How is gathering festival currency and chests gonna work if they're put in at some arbitrarily random time of day rather than at rollover when everyone gets their gathering turns back?

To be perfectly honest, this whole thing smacks of terrible time management on your guys' part. It's been five years now--why are festivals, of which there are eleven each year, on a regular and very predictable schedule, not largely automated and have all of their content into the system at least a day ahead of time instead of being hastily crammed in in the middle of the night? Is there also going to be an additional period of downtime at 6 server time when the festivals start and end?

I have all the sympathy in the world for Undel, don't take it the wrong way, but changing how festivals work after five years of the same schedule wouldn't have to happen if you got everything important done more than half an hour before the site comes back up after rollover, that way you wouldn't need all hands on deck in the middle of the night and could probably manage with just one person or eventually no one at all.

Also, pretty disappointed to see Ask the Team go, since this is your, what, third or fourth attempt at a thing like that? They're really not even worth trying to participate in anymore, honestly, since there's no effort being made to keep a consistent schedule with them and they keep getting replaced with something new every year or so.
Warmest Wishes, Ms. Undel! You're always a pleasure to see around the site, and I hope you recover as soon as possible! We all appreciate all your hard work! Lots of love and well wishes<3
Warmest Wishes, Ms. Undel! You're always a pleasure to see around the site, and I hope you recover as soon as possible! We all appreciate all your hard work! Lots of love and well wishes<3
5f7rvmv.png Lumidae
Lady of the Moon
She/Her + He/Him
FR +3 || EST
True Neutral
Sending a stack of minor healing potions to Undel.
Sending a stack of minor healing potions to Undel.
uDNAbBS.png
Ouch, poor Undel! Best wishes for your recovery <3
Ouch, poor Undel! Best wishes for your recovery <3
oof, take it easy for your back's sake, @Undel!
oof, take it easy for your back's sake, @Undel!
a pixelated cut-in of toropiamon, a plant dinosaur digimon, as seen on the pendulum z wind guardians device. faust, they/he, fr +3
small lair enthusiast
[color=#006ab8]Best wishes and prayers on your recovery, Undel! ~ ♥ [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-06-18 13:37:14" ] When the site first began, we implemented and kicked off holidays during the rollover period as a matter of technical necessity. We were a young site, and in case there were issues with the deployment, we wanted to make sure we utilized the already-scheduled maintenance to take care of it. As we've grown, the technical reason for deploying the holiday at rollover has become less necessary, as those processes have become more defined, more routine, and our site is that much more stable. That being said, implementing a holiday still requires manual work, and that work (as Aequorin mentioned) is being conducted at what amounts to 3:00am (EST) for most of our team. That's not a great time slot for those that don't normally work a night shift, so we are looking to bring the festivals into a more comfortable time period for our team to be present, engaged, and have a night's rest beforehand. While we certainly don't [i]mind[/i] launching the holidays at rollover, this is going to be a healthier move for us as a team to better support the site and Undel through her recovery. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]I honestly thought that rollover was automated...it's actually manual? Are the dailies, outside of festivals and updates, also done manually? Man, if so, I feel you guys for being up that late all the time. It's gonna be odd to have rollover be 9am (my time), but I'll quickly get used to it. ^^ What is gonna be most weird, though, is if festival "stuff" is only adjusted and done outside of when dailies are added (i.e. dailies and festival not being done at the same time); I can see a lot of people misusing their gathering turns on the first day of a festival, since their turns would be reset before the festival starts.
Best wishes and prayers on your recovery, Undel! ~ ♥

Xhaztol wrote on 2018-06-18 13:37:14:
When the site first began, we implemented and kicked off holidays during the rollover period as a matter of technical necessity. We were a young site, and in case there were issues with the deployment, we wanted to make sure we utilized the already-scheduled maintenance to take care of it.

As we've grown, the technical reason for deploying the holiday at rollover has become less necessary, as those processes have become more defined, more routine, and our site is that much more stable. That being said, implementing a holiday still requires manual work, and that work (as Aequorin mentioned) is being conducted at what amounts to 3:00am (EST) for most of our team. That's not a great time slot for those that don't normally work a night shift, so we are looking to bring the festivals into a more comfortable time period for our team to be present, engaged, and have a night's rest beforehand. While we certainly don't mind launching the holidays at rollover, this is going to be a healthier move for us as a team to better support the site and Undel through her recovery.
I honestly thought that rollover was automated...it's actually manual? Are the dailies, outside of festivals and updates, also done manually? Man, if so, I feel you guys for being up that late all the time. It's gonna be odd to have rollover be 9am (my time), but I'll quickly get used to it. ^^ What is gonna be most weird, though, is if festival "stuff" is only adjusted and done outside of when dailies are added (i.e. dailies and festival not being done at the same time); I can see a lot of people misusing their gathering turns on the first day of a festival, since their turns would be reset before the festival starts.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Back injuries are the worst! Get well soon, Undel!
Back injuries are the worst! Get well soon, Undel!
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
Best wishes for your recovery, Undel! <3
Best wishes for your recovery, Undel! <3
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
Hope Undel has a smooth recovery and take all the time she needs for it <3
Hope Undel has a smooth recovery and take all the time she needs for it <3
eLAndXa.png4WrVM.png z3tnOVC.png
Ahhh! Get well my dude. Back problems are the worst.
Ahhh! Get well my dude. Back problems are the worst.
- order
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 63 64