Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite vs. Least Favorite Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
I like tundra dragons and pearlcatchers the most. I like tundra dragons ecause they seem to be like gentle fuzzy giants who can be stoic OR wise looking. All of their colours and combinations seem to work on some level. I also like pearl catchers equally because they look very regal and elegant.

My least favourite are wildclaws because as adults they look like lame velociraptor/lizard kangaroos but as babies they look like half-human baby gremlins mized with old people. Even slightly creepy/maliceful looking ones like ridgebacks or nocturnes don't give me the weirds as much as wildclaw babies. A Ridgeback or nocturne would just eat me. A wildclaw would gain my trust and affection despite its weird yoda eyes and then murder me in the most painful way possible.
I like tundra dragons and pearlcatchers the most. I like tundra dragons ecause they seem to be like gentle fuzzy giants who can be stoic OR wise looking. All of their colours and combinations seem to work on some level. I also like pearl catchers equally because they look very regal and elegant.

My least favourite are wildclaws because as adults they look like lame velociraptor/lizard kangaroos but as babies they look like half-human baby gremlins mized with old people. Even slightly creepy/maliceful looking ones like ridgebacks or nocturnes don't give me the weirds as much as wildclaw babies. A Ridgeback or nocturne would just eat me. A wildclaw would gain my trust and affection despite its weird yoda eyes and then murder me in the most painful way possible.
@ImaKuno Oh my gosh!!!! That was quite the roast, definitely seen a new perspective with that comment haha!
@ImaKuno Oh my gosh!!!! That was quite the roast, definitely seen a new perspective with that comment haha!
PzWJccB.pngXBhgPWa.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvmdpmL1qlye38.gif
@katsrule64 Wildclaws look like the lenny face. ( ?° ?? ?°)
@katsrule64 Wildclaws look like the lenny face. ( ?° ?? ?°)
@katsrule64 apparently that's how that face appears on flightrising.
@katsrule64 apparently that's how that face appears on flightrising.
Most favorite is skydancers, not because they're my favorite look (that would be guardians) but because they're hardly ever susceptible to "omg this would look much better on x breed" scenarios. SDs generally look pretty good, and ofc there are times when their gene combo would look nicer on a diff breed, but its rarer than most I find. Or at least a lot more rare than guardians, who just have...some rly messed up color schemes on their wings sometimes?? Like why is shimmer so diff I don't...

My most hated is prob tundras. Hard choice between them and snappers, neither of which I'll ever own & tbf I've seen some tundras look good, esp cus of their manes, while I've never seen a snapper that wouldn't look better as something else. But I generally hate the whole "soft cinnamon roll" aesthetic tundras have going. Overly friendly, or something...They're like my antithesis. Makes me want to fight them.
Most favorite is skydancers, not because they're my favorite look (that would be guardians) but because they're hardly ever susceptible to "omg this would look much better on x breed" scenarios. SDs generally look pretty good, and ofc there are times when their gene combo would look nicer on a diff breed, but its rarer than most I find. Or at least a lot more rare than guardians, who just have...some rly messed up color schemes on their wings sometimes?? Like why is shimmer so diff I don't...

My most hated is prob tundras. Hard choice between them and snappers, neither of which I'll ever own & tbf I've seen some tundras look good, esp cus of their manes, while I've never seen a snapper that wouldn't look better as something else. But I generally hate the whole "soft cinnamon roll" aesthetic tundras have going. Overly friendly, or something...They're like my antithesis. Makes me want to fight them.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
I like mirrors the best. I just love their four eyes, and their general ferociousness, and idk I just love them. Skydancers are probably second? They're very elegant and they look good in ALMOST every gene combo.

Least favorite...might be Bogsneaks actually. I WANT to like them but I just. Their necks are too long for me. That said I do have three of them. And I like their lore.
I like mirrors the best. I just love their four eyes, and their general ferociousness, and idk I just love them. Skydancers are probably second? They're very elegant and they look good in ALMOST every gene combo.

Least favorite...might be Bogsneaks actually. I WANT to like them but I just. Their necks are too long for me. That said I do have three of them. And I like their lore.
My most favorite are Pearlcatchers and guardians. I can't really choose JUST one now lol. They're both so great! You can make them both look regal and elegant or menacing and fierce. I feel they've way more versatility in that regard than most breeds (Mirrors/ridgebacks/etc.) That and something about pearlcatchers are just so charming to me and I can't quite place it...Nocs are pretty high up there too!

My least favorite is again a tie. I just can't seem to like Bogsneaks and Snappers? Everytime I look at snapper adults I just feel they don't belong. They don't look draconic at all compared to the other breeds. And the males are just ???. Like the way they look at the camera with that derpy face is just...no. And most apparel is awful on them. :( Bogsneaks on the other hand I can tolerate a bit more, I even bought some at one point but just couldn't hold onto them. It's just their weird long jug like necks and unfocused eyes that really bother me and keeps me away from the breed.

Whoops this got long! sorry :c
My most favorite are Pearlcatchers and guardians. I can't really choose JUST one now lol. They're both so great! You can make them both look regal and elegant or menacing and fierce. I feel they've way more versatility in that regard than most breeds (Mirrors/ridgebacks/etc.) That and something about pearlcatchers are just so charming to me and I can't quite place it...Nocs are pretty high up there too!

My least favorite is again a tie. I just can't seem to like Bogsneaks and Snappers? Everytime I look at snapper adults I just feel they don't belong. They don't look draconic at all compared to the other breeds. And the males are just ???. Like the way they look at the camera with that derpy face is just...no. And most apparel is awful on them. :( Bogsneaks on the other hand I can tolerate a bit more, I even bought some at one point but just couldn't hold onto them. It's just their weird long jug like necks and unfocused eyes that really bother me and keeps me away from the breed.

Whoops this got long! sorry :c
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Favorite: Mirrors. They're kinda vicious, but the males also look a little silly with their tongues hanging out.

Least favorite: Snappers, probably. The males is just... not pleasant to look at unless there's something covering their face. The females are ok, but at bit uninteresting. I also don't know how'd I'd incorporate one into my lore without them being boring.
Favorite: Mirrors. They're kinda vicious, but the males also look a little silly with their tongues hanging out.

Least favorite: Snappers, probably. The males is just... not pleasant to look at unless there's something covering their face. The females are ok, but at bit uninteresting. I also don't know how'd I'd incorporate one into my lore without them being boring.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
My faves are Coatls and Mirrors. The first ones are chubby feathered snakes, I like them cuz aesthetics? and the second ones are murderpuppies!! I like mirrors cuz the energy they portray, like chasing or stalking a prey, or screaming or screeching incoherently in an amusing way.

My leas fav are Imps: too edgelords majestic and unapproachable, there's something that I can't connect with them, or too many things I can't connect with them. Still one of my most beloved dragons is an Imp male but beside him I avoid them. (Or maybe he controls me to avoid adding more Imps to my lairs b'cuz of all that "imps prefer to avoid their own kind -bcuz of emperors-" so I believe I don't like them but is just a brain-washing spell he used in me... D:!)
My faves are Coatls and Mirrors. The first ones are chubby feathered snakes, I like them cuz aesthetics? and the second ones are murderpuppies!! I like mirrors cuz the energy they portray, like chasing or stalking a prey, or screaming or screeching incoherently in an amusing way.

My leas fav are Imps: too edgelords majestic and unapproachable, there's something that I can't connect with them, or too many things I can't connect with them. Still one of my most beloved dragons is an Imp male but beside him I avoid them. (Or maybe he controls me to avoid adding more Imps to my lairs b'cuz of all that "imps prefer to avoid their own kind -bcuz of emperors-" so I believe I don't like them but is just a brain-washing spell he used in me... D:!)
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

[quote name="ImaKuno" date="2018-06-17 17:47:32" ] ... A wildclaw would gain my trust and affection despite its weird yoda eyes and then murder me in the most painful way possible. [/quote] Wildclaws are my favorite. Maybe this is why. [size=2]*wheeze* I love my Yoda eyes lizard kangaroos-[/size] My least favorite have to be Faes and Snappers. I have nothing against them, but they just don't have much going for them in the first place. They're both pretty cute, but not really my style. Some Snappers I really like though. But most are ehhh at best.
ImaKuno wrote on 2018-06-17 17:47:32:
... A wildclaw would gain my trust and affection despite its weird yoda eyes and then murder me in the most painful way possible.
Wildclaws are my favorite. Maybe this is why.
*wheeze* I love my Yoda eyes lizard kangaroos-

My least favorite have to be Faes and Snappers. I have nothing against them, but they just don't have much going for them in the first place. They're both pretty cute, but not really my style. Some Snappers I really like though. But most are ehhh at best.
pretend some cool art is here
1 2 3 4 5 6