Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Revived Eye Poll
1 2 3
Click here for the survey.

Hello again, everyone! You might remember me as 'that one crazy user who kept making poll after poll about the eyes'. I'm back, and now that scattersights have been around for a bit see: almost a week after they've been retired I'd like to do another poll to reflect how scattersights are settling into the community.

I've done my best to build this as cleanly as possible, but I anticipate a lot of changes for the next poll I do. I apologize for questions which are hard to understand or a bit too complex.

Any information gathered from this poll will be used to update my Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread, which you can find a link to in my signature, to reflect the attitude of the community now that the update has passed and had some time to settle in.

Thank you for your help!

Catradora

Pinglist
@/PixelSpiral @/ElvenArtist @/Auraea @/Heart @/SporkLord @/AquariusStudios @/Firtarian @/LibraryWhale @/BlueJaysFeather @/Sanati @/nika

-RESULTS-
from 218 responses. Please note that these stats are unofficial, and that information from this poll is likely to have significant bias.
Q1: Which Flight are you in?
Light - 19.4%
Ice - 12.4%
Wind - 10.6%
Lightning - 10.1%
Nature - 9.7%
Arcane - 8.8%
Plague - 8.3%
Shadow - 6.9%
Earth - 6%
Water - 4.6%
Fire - 3.2%

Q2: What, for you, is the biggest draw of FR?

Dragon Projects - 55.5%
Breeding/Hatcheries, The Community/Forums - 30.3%
Art/Skins/Accents - 28%
Coliseum - 25.7%
I'm not quite sure why I play - 20.2%
All of this - 13.8%
Lore - 15 votes (~6.9%)
Roleplay - 1.4%

Other mentioned subjects:
Apparel/Customization
Festivals/Events
Collecting (Familiars, etc)

Q3: How do you feel about the eye types?
I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 38.5%
I like it - 21.6%
I love it - 17%
I love some, hate some - 14.2%
I'm indifferent - 6%
I dislike it - ~0.5%

There were no votes for 'I hate it' and most expressed the fact that they like it, but that it needs improvement/was more enjoyable after the event.

Q4: Which Eye Type(s) are your favourite?

Depends on the dragon - 58.7%
Primal - 50.5%
Rare - 42.2%
Unusual - 30.7%
Glowing - 26.1%
Faceted - 25.7%
Original - 25.2%
Multi-gaze - 24.3%
Uncommon - 20.2%
Common - 17%
All of them - 5%
Don't know yet - 4.1%
I haven't really thought about it - 2.8%
None of them - 0.5%

Q5: If you answered 'Primal', which Primals are your favourite?
Fire - 59.9%
Shadow - 53.3%
Lightning - 52.6%
Arcane - 50.7%
Wind - 46.1%
Ice - 39.5%
Nature - 25.7%
Plague, Light - 20.4%
Earth - 11.8%
Water - 8.6%

Q6: Which eye type(s) are your least favourite?
Depends on the dragon - 39.4%
Multi-gaze - 38.5%
Primal - 26.6%
Faceted - 14.2%
Glowing - 11.9%
Common - 10.6%
None of them - 10.1%
Uncommon - 7.8%
Don't know yet - 6%
I haven't really thought about it - 5.5%
Unusual - 4.1%
Rare - 2.8%
Original - 2.3%

Q7: If you answered Primal, which Primals are your least favourite?

Plague - 62.8%
Light - 49.6%
Water - 45.5%
Earth - 43.8%
Shadow - 23.1%
Nature - 16.5%
Ice - 11.6%
Wind - 6.6%
Arcane - 5%
Fire - 3.3%
Lightning - 2.5%

Q8: What do you like most about the eye update?
New tints - 46.3%
Exciting hatchers - 44.5%
The familiar - 41.3%
New 'shapes' (Primal, Multigaze, etc) - 33.9%
Everything! - 22.5%
I can't think of something I like - 1.4%

Other users commented they liked the part where they made lots of money on scattersights. (I... don't really know what to say to that, other than, 'good for you!')

Q9: What is your least favourite part about this update?
I can't get the eyes I want due to low odds - 47.2%
I can't revert to common - 34.4%
I think light primal was slighted/done badly - 32.6%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons - 28.4%
I can't get the pre-update eyes back - 25.7%
I feel insulted/upset because the eyes were changed without warning - 22.5%
I don't like the random aspect - 21.1%
I have no issues with this update - 13.8%
I'm sensitive to body horror from a Primal eye type - 8.3%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Multigaze - 6%
I'm sensitive to body horror from an eye type not listed here - 0.5%

Other users expressed that they were upset about the scattersight retiring and the community backlash.

MORE TO COME SOON

FAQ

Why does this not include much on the community reaction?

I agree that the community reaction was surprisingly chaotic for the FR community (at least, the community I've encountered). However, I also don't see how the FR Team could 'solve' this. People will be people, and there will be negative reactions. It's not in their power to force FR Users to be nice and happy all the time. Since this poll is designed to provide me with information to use in a 'changes and suggestions' thread, and there is no change I can think of which would solve such a problem, I didn't include it in the poll.

If you have a suggestion which could solve this issue, I will be more than willing to debate it with you, and I will absolutely take your thoughts into consideration.

This poll is biased towards people who didn't like it!

Yes, I'm aware - that's just my personal opinion bleeding through, but I'll add some further explanation.

As stated before, this poll is specifically designed to identify the changes and suggestions the community wants. If there was nothing the community felt wrong, then there would be nothing to suggest, and this poll wouldn't exist. With that said, I've done my best to give people who genuinely loved everything this update had to offer an out, allowing them to skip questions, state that they liked it, etc. I appreciate their input, and with every poll I've made I've gotten closer to the true neutral I'm aiming for. Nonetheless, I'm happy people bring this to my attention, and would love to hear which parts you felt were biased so I can change them in the next poll. ^^
Click here for the survey.

Hello again, everyone! You might remember me as 'that one crazy user who kept making poll after poll about the eyes'. I'm back, and now that scattersights have been around for a bit see: almost a week after they've been retired I'd like to do another poll to reflect how scattersights are settling into the community.

I've done my best to build this as cleanly as possible, but I anticipate a lot of changes for the next poll I do. I apologize for questions which are hard to understand or a bit too complex.

Any information gathered from this poll will be used to update my Eye Changes and Suggestions Thread, which you can find a link to in my signature, to reflect the attitude of the community now that the update has passed and had some time to settle in.

Thank you for your help!

Catradora

Pinglist
@/PixelSpiral @/ElvenArtist @/Auraea @/Heart @/SporkLord @/AquariusStudios @/Firtarian @/LibraryWhale @/BlueJaysFeather @/Sanati @/nika

-RESULTS-
from 218 responses. Please note that these stats are unofficial, and that information from this poll is likely to have significant bias.
Q1: Which Flight are you in?
Light - 19.4%
Ice - 12.4%
Wind - 10.6%
Lightning - 10.1%
Nature - 9.7%
Arcane - 8.8%
Plague - 8.3%
Shadow - 6.9%
Earth - 6%
Water - 4.6%
Fire - 3.2%

Q2: What, for you, is the biggest draw of FR?

Dragon Projects - 55.5%
Breeding/Hatcheries, The Community/Forums - 30.3%
Art/Skins/Accents - 28%
Coliseum - 25.7%
I'm not quite sure why I play - 20.2%
All of this - 13.8%
Lore - 15 votes (~6.9%)
Roleplay - 1.4%

Other mentioned subjects:
Apparel/Customization
Festivals/Events
Collecting (Familiars, etc)

Q3: How do you feel about the eye types?
I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 38.5%
I like it - 21.6%
I love it - 17%
I love some, hate some - 14.2%
I'm indifferent - 6%
I dislike it - ~0.5%

There were no votes for 'I hate it' and most expressed the fact that they like it, but that it needs improvement/was more enjoyable after the event.

Q4: Which Eye Type(s) are your favourite?

Depends on the dragon - 58.7%
Primal - 50.5%
Rare - 42.2%
Unusual - 30.7%
Glowing - 26.1%
Faceted - 25.7%
Original - 25.2%
Multi-gaze - 24.3%
Uncommon - 20.2%
Common - 17%
All of them - 5%
Don't know yet - 4.1%
I haven't really thought about it - 2.8%
None of them - 0.5%

Q5: If you answered 'Primal', which Primals are your favourite?
Fire - 59.9%
Shadow - 53.3%
Lightning - 52.6%
Arcane - 50.7%
Wind - 46.1%
Ice - 39.5%
Nature - 25.7%
Plague, Light - 20.4%
Earth - 11.8%
Water - 8.6%

Q6: Which eye type(s) are your least favourite?
Depends on the dragon - 39.4%
Multi-gaze - 38.5%
Primal - 26.6%
Faceted - 14.2%
Glowing - 11.9%
Common - 10.6%
None of them - 10.1%
Uncommon - 7.8%
Don't know yet - 6%
I haven't really thought about it - 5.5%
Unusual - 4.1%
Rare - 2.8%
Original - 2.3%

Q7: If you answered Primal, which Primals are your least favourite?

Plague - 62.8%
Light - 49.6%
Water - 45.5%
Earth - 43.8%
Shadow - 23.1%
Nature - 16.5%
Ice - 11.6%
Wind - 6.6%
Arcane - 5%
Fire - 3.3%
Lightning - 2.5%

Q8: What do you like most about the eye update?
New tints - 46.3%
Exciting hatchers - 44.5%
The familiar - 41.3%
New 'shapes' (Primal, Multigaze, etc) - 33.9%
Everything! - 22.5%
I can't think of something I like - 1.4%

Other users commented they liked the part where they made lots of money on scattersights. (I... don't really know what to say to that, other than, 'good for you!')

Q9: What is your least favourite part about this update?
I can't get the eyes I want due to low odds - 47.2%
I can't revert to common - 34.4%
I think light primal was slighted/done badly - 32.6%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons - 28.4%
I can't get the pre-update eyes back - 25.7%
I feel insulted/upset because the eyes were changed without warning - 22.5%
I don't like the random aspect - 21.1%
I have no issues with this update - 13.8%
I'm sensitive to body horror from a Primal eye type - 8.3%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Multigaze - 6%
I'm sensitive to body horror from an eye type not listed here - 0.5%

Other users expressed that they were upset about the scattersight retiring and the community backlash.

MORE TO COME SOON

FAQ

Why does this not include much on the community reaction?

I agree that the community reaction was surprisingly chaotic for the FR community (at least, the community I've encountered). However, I also don't see how the FR Team could 'solve' this. People will be people, and there will be negative reactions. It's not in their power to force FR Users to be nice and happy all the time. Since this poll is designed to provide me with information to use in a 'changes and suggestions' thread, and there is no change I can think of which would solve such a problem, I didn't include it in the poll.

If you have a suggestion which could solve this issue, I will be more than willing to debate it with you, and I will absolutely take your thoughts into consideration.

This poll is biased towards people who didn't like it!

Yes, I'm aware - that's just my personal opinion bleeding through, but I'll add some further explanation.

As stated before, this poll is specifically designed to identify the changes and suggestions the community wants. If there was nothing the community felt wrong, then there would be nothing to suggest, and this poll wouldn't exist. With that said, I've done my best to give people who genuinely loved everything this update had to offer an out, allowing them to skip questions, state that they liked it, etc. I appreciate their input, and with every poll I've made I've gotten closer to the true neutral I'm aiming for. Nonetheless, I'm happy people bring this to my attention, and would love to hear which parts you felt were biased so I can change them in the next poll. ^^
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Excellent job! I liked how it listed both favorite and least favorite primals, and had a support/neutral/oppose for most of the various solutions that have been floated around by the community.
Excellent job! I liked how it listed both favorite and least favorite primals, and had a support/neutral/oppose for most of the various solutions that have been floated around by the community.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
pinglist again?
also great how much effort youre putting into the eye feedback thing, very good and nice
pinglist again?
also great how much effort youre putting into the eye feedback thing, very good and nice
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I'd like a ping when this is complete, thanks for making so many of these!
I'd like a ping when this is complete, thanks for making so many of these!
3 hours ahead of FR time
This let me submit an answer twice, so it isn't really accurate because someone could just spam it.
This let me submit an answer twice, so it isn't really accurate because someone could just spam it.
@Purveyor While true, there's not really any way to stop that? It would take a petty individual, and for no particular gain, at that.
@Purveyor While true, there's not really any way to stop that? It would take a petty individual, and for no particular gain, at that.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
@Purveyor

Yeah, I know. This is a known problem but if I'm being honest here I don't know how I can fix it without forcing people to sign into their emails and collecting those emails.

On that note... if someone does have a solution I'd love to know about it because I'm at a loss for what to do here

edit:
@Laluzi I think all it would take is a sufficiently miffed user and enough time. It's definitely a worry, but equally, I've found FR to be one of the best sites as far as community. So I'm not going to worry about it too much, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for any telling patterns...
@Purveyor

Yeah, I know. This is a known problem but if I'm being honest here I don't know how I can fix it without forcing people to sign into their emails and collecting those emails.

On that note... if someone does have a solution I'd love to know about it because I'm at a loss for what to do here

edit:
@Laluzi I think all it would take is a sufficiently miffed user and enough time. It's definitely a worry, but equally, I've found FR to be one of the best sites as far as community. So I'm not going to worry about it too much, but I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for any telling patterns...
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Laluzi

Yes there's an option to only allow one response per person. Which can still be gotten around if you really want to, but makes it much more difficult, especially to spam.

And also online polls are notorious for people spam voting so I don't think it really takes maliciousness just a desire to see your result win
@Laluzi

Yes there's an option to only allow one response per person. Which can still be gotten around if you really want to, but makes it much more difficult, especially to spam.

And also online polls are notorious for people spam voting so I don't think it really takes maliciousness just a desire to see your result win
Pretty good survey, man!
Pretty good survey, man!
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
I'd love a ping for the results! Nice survey :)
I'd love a ping for the results! Nice survey :)
1 2 3