Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LIGHT DOM] Brightshine Jubilee Hub
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I really enjoyed today's story, the mystery continues! Johona's behaviour made me suspicious, I'm glad Ming noticed as well. She's not good at hiding these things and probably knows, which is why she wanted to get away. Or she knew Yanaha would be there.

The introduction of Yanaha was quite the twist. I love her trickster personality and how she knows what's going on, but won't tell. I suspect she might not be the only one... I have some theories, but I can't wait to read how the story continues.
I really enjoyed today's story, the mystery continues! Johona's behaviour made me suspicious, I'm glad Ming noticed as well. She's not good at hiding these things and probably knows, which is why she wanted to get away. Or she knew Yanaha would be there.

The introduction of Yanaha was quite the twist. I love her trickster personality and how she knows what's going on, but won't tell. I suspect she might not be the only one... I have some theories, but I can't wait to read how the story continues.
hnTz61J.png7ChmKWg.pngD6HJ1f0.pngcaX19pV.pngG6nKgD0.png
@jinian

Story pings please! Also I really want some red bean sesame balls now, but my pancakes will have to suffice. :>
@jinian

Story pings please! Also I really want some red bean sesame balls now, but my pancakes will have to suffice. :>
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
@jinian, I fell behind on this ADORABLE READING, could I get a ping with everyone pleeeeeaaaase? :D <3

(large imperial walking by, obstructing everything? Why, my clan knows nothing about that, we have no clue what that's like at all)
@jinian, I fell behind on this ADORABLE READING, could I get a ping with everyone pleeeeeaaaase? :D <3

(large imperial walking by, obstructing everything? Why, my clan knows nothing about that, we have no clue what that's like at all)
light_small.pngbonsai_shikoire_1_by_auricolor-dai3h65.png

light_small.png59TgHaL.pngvck81oc.png
[quote=New Events Only] @birdfairy @Eialyne[/quote] Additional Brightshine events are now open! [size=4][color= #afb87d ][i][b]New![/b][/i][/color][/size] [center][size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424]Design Your Own Light Rep[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] A Light-themed triple basic G1 dragon will be provided, and each day players will be given a different creative challenge for the dragon. [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2462250]Hatch Madness Guessing Game[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] Looks like the nesting mother meetup at the cafe is bigger than usual because so many mothers wanted to have special nests that hatch during the Brightshine Jubilee! But what will their hatchlings look like? [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462812]Frosting Frenzy Coloring Competition[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] A coloring competition where participants can color or “frost” a cake template according to the theme of that day. [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2465418]A Confusion of Cakes[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] Three different couples have put in three different orders for wedding cakes, but their precise orders have been lost. Players must match the correct couple to the correct cake using provided clues! [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2467328]The Garment Gauntlet[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] Dress-up challenges related to Light, baking, or both! Challenges and restrictions will make things more interesting.
New Events Only wrote:

Additional Brightshine events are now open!

New!
Design Your Own Light Rep
24 ~ 30 June
A Light-themed triple basic G1 dragon will be provided, and each day
players will be given a different creative challenge for the dragon.

Hatch Madness Guessing Game
24 ~ 30 June
Looks like the nesting mother meetup at the cafe is bigger than usual
because so many mothers wanted to have special nests that hatch
during the Brightshine Jubilee! But what will their hatchlings look like?

Frosting Frenzy Coloring Competition
24 ~ 30 June
A coloring competition where participants can color or “frost” a cake template
according to the theme of that day.

A Confusion of Cakes
24 ~ 30 June
Three different couples have put in three different orders for wedding cakes,
but their precise orders have been lost. Players must match the correct couple
to the correct cake using provided clues!

The Garment Gauntlet
24 ~ 30 June
Dress-up challenges related to Light, baking, or both! Challenges
and restrictions will make things more interesting.
Happy Brightshine everyone!
Happy Brightshine everyone!
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
[center][color=#d4ab86]• [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2461742#post_33725176]The story so far[/url] •[/color] [b][color=#d58586]See below for Brightshine events opening today![/color][/b][/center] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Ming supposed he was at least adjusting to uncertainty. Despite knowing something peculiar was going on in the bakery, he was much less ruffled about it, and having that lovely load of fresh fruit to play with helped a lot. He wasn't as relaxed as he preferred, but he actually enjoyed baking again this morning, and it was an excellent feeling.[/columns] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]When Ming emerged from the kitchen in the late morning, Nuru and Desta were in the cafe along with a few customers. [i]Well, I know better than to ask Nuru anything else. She could think anything, and I'd have no way to tell.[/i] "Hey, Desta? Can you come into the kitchen to try this for me?" Desta bounded over energetically. "Sure, Ming!" "Great, thanks! I haven't made it since last year, and I wanted a second opinion." He really did; these berries weren't the same variety he'd used in the recipe before. Ming liked them, but Desta preferred sweeter pastries, and calibration was important.[nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/jQ5DCTi.png[/img] [/columns] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Ming plated a pudding for Desta, including a small cup of custard, and offered the plate and a fork. Desta carefully tried a bite without custard, then added the custard and tasted another bite. Then they poured on the entire rest of the custard and finished the plate so quickly their fork was almost a blur. It would have been impressive even without a mask in the way. "Thank you! Wow, it's refreshing. Very summery. I think that's enough sugar! Even without the custard, it's good." Desta handed the plate back to Ming. "Good to hear, thanks, Desta. One more question?" "Okay!" "Have you noticed anything happening in the kitchen after hours?" Desta froze for a moment, then their hind leg thumped lightly. "I, er, no?" "Really? Because it seems like maybe you have." "Nope! I definitely don't know anything about anybody being in here at night. No secret baking going on at all." They definitely knew something. Maybe Ming could find out more by investigating Desta. He'd certainly discovered something interesting about Johona yesterday.[/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/39Jjvmo.png[/img] [nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][color=#775849][size=4]"All right, let's get back to work, then," Ming said. Desta bounced out of the kitchen, pausing in the doorway for just a moment before returning to waiting tables. Ming followed them out and saw his smiling customer at the counter. "Oh! Hello again, Archivist..." Ming was mortified to have forgotten the customer's name, but the archivist's wry look told him he was forgiven. "Prakash, Baker Ming. I'm glad to see you, as I have a favor to ask."[/columns] [center] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [size=4][color=#775849][b]Today's recipe: [url=https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/glorious-summer-gooseberry-recipes-a7704106.html]Gooseberry Pudding[/url][/b][/size] [color=#afb87d][i](sweet-tart)[/i][/color] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [color=#d58586][i]This story will update daily. Would you like a ping when it does? Just post in this thread and ping me, @jinian.[/i][/center] [quote=Story Updates]@Neroli @Lichtdrache @Cheshly @GeriVl @alagasianflame @tigressRising @uniquelykenn @Katsuokai @cheyinka @heavylobster @Xirei @modernIcarus @Jaspernoir @twotone @heartcrusher1 @Gravebloom @Tufira @OverTheWolf @Saraceaser @Delleska @Stellatrix13 @LaparaLaela @HSoup @IvyLight @ShadeOfChaos @Alastriona1 @fitz @Lhethi @GardenWyrm @Elisse @Reroad @Lundlaeva @Argante @Shikoire [/quote] [size=4][color= #afb87d ][i][b]New events![/b][/i][/color][/size] [center][size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462424]Design Your Own Light Rep[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] A Light-themed triple basic G1 dragon will be provided, and each day players will be given a different creative challenge for the dragon. [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2462250]Hatch Madness Guessing Game[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] Looks like the nesting mother meetup at the cafe is bigger than usual because so many mothers wanted to have special nests that hatch during the Brightshine Jubilee! But what will their hatchlings look like? [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2462812]Frosting Frenzy Coloring Competition[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] A coloring competition where participants can color or “frost” a cake template according to the theme of that day. [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2465418]A Confusion of Cakes[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] Three different couples have put in three different orders for wedding cakes, but their precise orders have been lost. Players must match the correct couple to the correct cake using provided clues! [size=4][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2467328]The Garment Gauntlet[/url][/b][/size] [color= #d48f70 ]24 ~ 30 June[/color] Dress-up challenges related to Light, baking, or both! Challenges and restrictions will make things more interesting.
The story so far

See below for Brightshine events opening today!
Ming supposed he was at least adjusting to uncertainty. Despite knowing something peculiar was going on in the bakery, he was much less ruffled about it, and having that lovely load of fresh fruit to play with helped a lot. He wasn't as relaxed as he preferred, but he actually enjoyed baking again this morning, and it was an excellent feeling.

When Ming emerged from the kitchen in the late morning, Nuru and Desta were in the cafe along with a few customers. Well, I know better than to ask Nuru anything else. She could think anything, and I'd have no way to tell. "Hey, Desta? Can you come into the kitchen to try this for me?"

Desta bounded over energetically. "Sure, Ming!"

"Great, thanks! I haven't made it since last year, and I wanted a second opinion."

He really did; these berries weren't the same variety he'd used in the recipe before. Ming liked them, but Desta preferred sweeter pastries, and calibration was important.
__ jQ5DCTi.png

Ming plated a pudding for Desta, including a small cup of custard, and offered the plate and a fork. Desta carefully tried a bite without custard, then added the custard and tasted another bite. Then they poured on the entire rest of the custard and finished the plate so quickly their fork was almost a blur. It would have been impressive even without a mask in the way.

"Thank you! Wow, it's refreshing. Very summery. I think that's enough sugar! Even without the custard, it's good." Desta handed the plate back to Ming.

"Good to hear, thanks, Desta. One more question?"

"Okay!"

"Have you noticed anything happening in the kitchen after hours?"

Desta froze for a moment, then their hind leg thumped lightly. "I, er, no?"

"Really? Because it seems like maybe you have."

"Nope! I definitely don't know anything about anybody being in here at night. No secret baking going on at all."

They definitely knew something. Maybe Ming could find out more by investigating Desta. He'd certainly discovered something interesting about Johona yesterday.

39Jjvmo.png __ "All right, let's get back to work, then," Ming said. Desta bounced out of the kitchen, pausing in the doorway for just a moment before returning to waiting tables. Ming followed them out and saw his smiling customer at the counter.

"Oh! Hello again, Archivist..." Ming was mortified to have forgotten the customer's name, but the archivist's wry look told him he was forgiven.

"Prakash, Baker Ming. I'm glad to see you, as I have a favor to ask."

XLuYPiZ.png

Today's recipe:
Gooseberry Pudding

(sweet-tart)

XLuYPiZ.png

This story will update daily. Would you like a ping when it does?
Just post in this thread and ping me, @jinian.

New events!
Design Your Own Light Rep
24 ~ 30 June
A Light-themed triple basic G1 dragon will be provided, and each day
players will be given a different creative challenge for the dragon.

Hatch Madness Guessing Game
24 ~ 30 June
Looks like the nesting mother meetup at the cafe is bigger than usual
because so many mothers wanted to have special nests that hatch
during the Brightshine Jubilee! But what will their hatchlings look like?

Frosting Frenzy Coloring Competition
24 ~ 30 June
A coloring competition where participants can color or “frost” a cake template
according to the theme of that day.

A Confusion of Cakes
24 ~ 30 June
Three different couples have put in three different orders for wedding cakes,
but their precise orders have been lost. Players must match the correct couple
to the correct cake using provided clues!

The Garment Gauntlet
24 ~ 30 June
Dress-up challenges related to Light, baking, or both! Challenges
and restrictions will make things more interesting.
This story is on a roll, haha. I love logging in and seeing the updates!
This story is on a roll, haha. I love logging in and seeing the updates!
I don’t bite.
I am enjoying this story so much. :D

@Lichtdrache, your illustrations are so lovely and cute, they really add to the story! ^-^ Actually, all your artwork for Brightshine is gorgeous - the badges and signatures stole my heart. <3
I am enjoying this story so much. :D

@Lichtdrache, your illustrations are so lovely and cute, they really add to the story! ^-^ Actually, all your artwork for Brightshine is gorgeous - the badges and signatures stole my heart. <3
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Lundlaeva
Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate it a lot! I enjoyed making the art for this event, I just love drawing cute familiars and sweets. And I'm more than happy to know others like them as well :)

On another note, I enjoyed today's story! I think Desta might be my favourite character. They are so cheerful and full of energy, it's refreshing. Also, bunnies are adorable.
@Lundlaeva
Thank you so much for your kind words, I appreciate it a lot! I enjoyed making the art for this event, I just love drawing cute familiars and sweets. And I'm more than happy to know others like them as well :)

On another note, I enjoyed today's story! I think Desta might be my favourite character. They are so cheerful and full of energy, it's refreshing. Also, bunnies are adorable.
hnTz61J.png7ChmKWg.pngD6HJ1f0.pngcaX19pV.pngG6nKgD0.png
Ah, this story just keeps getting more mysterious!
I need to know already and so does Baker Ming! On another note, am I the only one lowkey shipping Ming and Prakash?! Yes? Alright, I'll leave for now >.>

Happy Brightshine to everyone! \o/

Ah, this story just keeps getting more mysterious!
I need to know already and so does Baker Ming! On another note, am I the only one lowkey shipping Ming and Prakash?! Yes? Alright, I'll leave for now >.>

Happy Brightshine to everyone! \o/

Used to be GeriVl of the Lightning Flight
WvWPineappleGeriVI.png
Used to be GeriVl of the Lightning Flight
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13