Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LIGHT DOM] Brightshine Jubilee Hub
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[center][color=#d4ab86]• [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2461742#post_33725176]The story so far[/url] •[/color][/center] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Ming was preoccupied and grouchy as he walked to the bakery the next morning. His failed outing as a secret agent was still frustrating, and not having slept much was definitely not helping. Baking cheered him up as usual, though. Today, he needed to use up the last of the fruit from market day, so he started by roasting the figs with rosemary honey from a beekeeper near the Beacon. Next was puff pastry, and beating the butter flat with a rolling pin was perfect for his mood. Satisfied, he moved on to the rest of the day's baking with a better attitude. He kept his eyes open for clues as he worked, but the mystery baker had improved at putting things away, and there was really nothing out of place. He did find a bit of shed fur, but it looked basically like his, and it was in a corner where Desta's sweeping could easily have missed it yesterday. There was nothing to go on, and no one he'd asked would tell him. Was there anyone else he could ask?[/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/788OsA4.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][color=#775849][size=4]He thought about it as he assembled the fig pastries. [i]I've asked everyone who would reasonably know, and I can't stay up every night trying to catch them. I don't know! Maybe it's time to ask people who[/i] wouldn't [i]reasonably know.[/i] When Ming finished the day's baking, he asked Nuru for a coffee for Prakash and a tea for himself, and he headed over to the Archives. As the cafe door closed behind him, he heard Desta starting to talk excitedly about something. Prakash's office door was mostly closed this time. Ming tapped on it, awkwardly, with the hand holding his tea. "Come in!" Prakash called. Ming pushed the door open, feeling uncertain. "Er, hello, Prakash. I brought coffee." "Ming! I'm glad to see you. You don't have to bring me anything, but it smells delicious. Nuru is excellent at her work."[/columns] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]"Well, I wanted to ask you a question, so it seemed fair. And like it would be a good reason to take a break." "Of course! Let's go outdoors and warm up." Prakash brought his bag, but they didn't go out the main doors. He led the way to a courtyard in the Archives that was full of herbs. "I thought you might enjoy this spot." Fat, fuzzy yellow bees buzzed all around, visiting the lavender, oregano, and rosemary blossoms. "It's lovely! I was using rosemary honey just this morning." They sat together on a plain stone bench in the sunshine and sipped their drinks companionably for a few minutes.[/columns] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Ming took a deep breath, and Prakash gave him a sideways glance and a little smile. It was distracting, but Ming persisted. "I wanted to ask you... well, something really strange. There's no reason you should know about it, but no one else will tell me, so maybe you can help me figure it out?" "Of course." "Something odd has been going on at the bakery..." Ming told Prakash the whole story, including all his adventures and frustrations. "And in a way, it's been great, finding out more about everyone, but it's [i]my[/i] bakery, and I want to know what's happening there. Do you have any ideas?"[nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/Hk93Zll.png[/img][/columns] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Prakash looked away, but yet another smile was tugging at his face. "I have more than an idea, Ming. I'm sorry for the trouble, though. You weren't meant to notice." "You know? Will you tell me? Unlike the rest of the world?" Ming laughed incredulously. "I will, yes. Though it's not how I'd planned it." Prakash opened his bag and pulled out a small wrapped package, which he handed to Ming. "I think this will make things clear." Flummoxed, Ming accepted the package. He carefully opened the end and slid the box out, then opened the box. It held... chocolate chip cookies? Ming stared at them, smelling the sweet, caramelized aroma from the bakery last night.[/columns] [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rIm1LEU.png[/img][/center] [columns][color=#775849][size=4]Prakash stammered a little. "I, er. I [i]am[/i] sorry, Ming. I wanted to surprise you so you would... want to know me. Baking seemed like the only thing you cared about. Then the box of cooking items showed up, and I got to know you without all this. But it turned out that baking was fun, and I wanted to get these right and give them to you even so." Ming was quiet for a long moment, staring at the cookies, his tail twitching with indecision. Then he picked up a cookie and bit into it. He chewed it slowly, then smiled and looked at Prakash. "It's good. A good choice for a beginner, and you read enough to know the dough should be rested overnight." "Thank you."[/columns] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/SqKNFrH.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][color=#775849][size=4]"The other thing... Prakash, of course I want to know you. You're amazing. I..." Ming didn't know what to say. He reached for Prakash's hand. Prakash held Ming's hand gently. "Thank you again." Ming looked back at the cookies, started laughing, and looked back up at Prakash. "But if you ever use my kitchen again without permission...!" "I definitely will not, Ming. I promise."[/columns] [center] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [size=4][color=#775849][b]Today's recipe: [url=https://www.handletheheat.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-chocolate-chip-cookies/]Chocolate Chip Cookies[/url][/b][/size] [color=#9c7967][i](absolute beginners)[/i][/color] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [color=#d58586][i]This story will update just once more. Would you like a ping when it does? Just post in this thread and ping me, @jinian.[/i][/center] [quote=Story Updates]@Neroli @Lichtdrache @Cheshly @GeriVl @alagasianflame @tigressRising @uniquelykenn @Katsuokai @cheyinka @heavylobster @Xirei @modernIcarus @Jaspernoir @twotone @heartcrusher1 @Gravebloom @Tufira @OverTheWolf @Saraceaser @Delleska @Stellatrix13 @LaparaLaela @HSoup @IvyLight @ShadeOfChaos @Alastriona1 @fitz @Lhethi @GardenWyrm @Elisse @Reroad @Lundlaeva @Argante @Shikoire @fidothehoarder @CharlieWeasleyy @tialanderrol @BrookInTheMeadow[/quote]
Ming was preoccupied and grouchy as he walked to the bakery the next morning. His failed outing as a secret agent was still frustrating, and not having slept much was definitely not helping. Baking cheered him up as usual, though. Today, he needed to use up the last of the fruit from market day, so he started by roasting the figs with rosemary honey from a beekeeper near the Beacon. Next was puff pastry, and beating the butter flat with a rolling pin was perfect for his mood. Satisfied, he moved on to the rest of the day's baking with a better attitude.

He kept his eyes open for clues as he worked, but the mystery baker had improved at putting things away, and there was really nothing out of place. He did find a bit of shed fur, but it looked basically like his, and it was in a corner where Desta's sweeping could easily have missed it yesterday. There was nothing to go on, and no one he'd asked would tell him. Was there anyone else he could ask?

788OsA4.png __ He thought about it as he assembled the fig pastries. I've asked everyone who would reasonably know, and I can't stay up every night trying to catch them. I don't know! Maybe it's time to ask people who wouldn't reasonably know.

When Ming finished the day's baking, he asked Nuru for a coffee for Prakash and a tea for himself, and he headed over to the Archives. As the cafe door closed behind him, he heard Desta starting to talk excitedly about something.

Prakash's office door was mostly closed this time. Ming tapped on it, awkwardly, with the hand holding his tea.

"Come in!" Prakash called.

Ming pushed the door open, feeling uncertain. "Er, hello, Prakash. I brought coffee."

"Ming! I'm glad to see you. You don't have to bring me anything, but it smells delicious. Nuru is excellent at her work."

"Well, I wanted to ask you a question, so it seemed fair. And like it would be a good reason to take a break."

"Of course! Let's go outdoors and warm up."

Prakash brought his bag, but they didn't go out the main doors. He led the way to a courtyard in the Archives that was full of herbs. "I thought you might enjoy this spot." Fat, fuzzy yellow bees buzzed all around, visiting the lavender, oregano, and rosemary blossoms.

"It's lovely! I was using rosemary honey just this morning." They sat together on a plain stone bench in the sunshine and sipped their drinks companionably for a few minutes.

Ming took a deep breath, and Prakash gave him a sideways glance and a little smile. It was distracting, but Ming persisted. "I wanted to ask you... well, something really strange. There's no reason you should know about it, but no one else will tell me, so maybe you can help me figure it out?"

"Of course."

"Something odd has been going on at the bakery..." Ming told Prakash the whole story, including all his adventures and frustrations. "And in a way, it's been great, finding out more about everyone, but it's my bakery, and I want to know what's happening there. Do you have any ideas?"
__ Hk93Zll.png

Prakash looked away, but yet another smile was tugging at his face. "I have more than an idea, Ming. I'm sorry for the trouble, though. You weren't meant to notice."

"You know? Will you tell me? Unlike the rest of the world?" Ming laughed incredulously.

"I will, yes. Though it's not how I'd planned it." Prakash opened his bag and pulled out a small wrapped package, which he handed to Ming. "I think this will make things clear."

Flummoxed, Ming accepted the package. He carefully opened the end and slid the box out, then opened the box. It held... chocolate chip cookies? Ming stared at them, smelling the sweet, caramelized aroma from the bakery last night.

rIm1LEU.png

Prakash stammered a little. "I, er. I am sorry, Ming. I wanted to surprise you so you would... want to know me. Baking seemed like the only thing you cared about. Then the box of cooking items showed up, and I got to know you without all this. But it turned out that baking was fun, and I wanted to get these right and give them to you even so."

Ming was quiet for a long moment, staring at the cookies, his tail twitching with indecision. Then he picked up a cookie and bit into it. He chewed it slowly, then smiled and looked at Prakash. "It's good. A good choice for a beginner, and you read enough to know the dough should be rested overnight."

"Thank you."

SqKNFrH.png __ "The other thing... Prakash, of course I want to know you. You're amazing. I..." Ming didn't know what to say. He reached for Prakash's hand.

Prakash held Ming's hand gently. "Thank you again."

Ming looked back at the cookies, started laughing, and looked back up at Prakash.
"But if you ever use my kitchen again without permission...!"

"I definitely will not, Ming. I promise."

XLuYPiZ.png

Today's recipe:
Chocolate Chip Cookies

(absolute beginners)

XLuYPiZ.png

This story will update just once more. Would you like a ping when it does?
Just post in this thread and ping me, @jinian.
Ahhh, this story!! Oh my absolute goodness. I ship it. This has been such a cute story to follow; Ming's curiousity and frustration with this mystery is so relatable, and all the characters are so cute and charming.

I can't believe I haven't gotten around to posting on this thread yet. Everyone put so much work into this festival, and I am just so impressed and grateful. <3 The graphics are beautiful, the story is adorable, and the events have been so fun and fantastic. Light is just such a great flight, I love all of you! I will have to try my hand at hosting an event (or helping to host one) too next year.

Thanks so much, to all of you! And to our out of flight friends, I hope you've all been having a blast too. Thanks for joining us!
Ahhh, this story!! Oh my absolute goodness. I ship it. This has been such a cute story to follow; Ming's curiousity and frustration with this mystery is so relatable, and all the characters are so cute and charming.

I can't believe I haven't gotten around to posting on this thread yet. Everyone put so much work into this festival, and I am just so impressed and grateful. <3 The graphics are beautiful, the story is adorable, and the events have been so fun and fantastic. Light is just such a great flight, I love all of you! I will have to try my hand at hosting an event (or helping to host one) too next year.

Thanks so much, to all of you! And to our out of flight friends, I hope you've all been having a blast too. Thanks for joining us!
event-sig-small-4.png
Ohhhhhh my gosh! Prakash! Ming! They're both so lovely and the culprit being who it was makes this it so much sweeter!
Ohhhhhh my gosh! Prakash! Ming! They're both so lovely and the culprit being who it was makes this it so much sweeter!
5hXmmlV.gif

It was exactly who I hoped it was! <33 What a cute and satisfying conclusion! Love the story, love the event, love that everyone's been having fun!
It was exactly who I hoped it was! <33 What a cute and satisfying conclusion! Love the story, love the event, love that everyone's been having fun!
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
GOOD SHIP OTP 10/10
GOOD SHIP OTP 10/10
frt+0 | she/her
wishlist
dragons wanted
quest hub
light2_zpshptxrzjv.gif
light_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciq9ph.gif
[center][color=#d4ab86]• [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2461742#post_33725176]The story so far[/url] •[/color] [b][i][color=#775849]Epilogue[/color][/i][/b][/center] [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/whDAYd4.png[/img][nextcol][color=transparent]__[/color][nextcol][color=#775849][size=4]Prakash bent down to peer at the small circles of batter on the parchment. He touched one gently with a claw. "They seem dry," he reported. Ming left the basil buttercream and padded over. "Yes, they look ready. Go ahead and put them into the oven carefully." Prakash grinned. "I think my arms may have turned to dough after beating all those eggs, but I will certainly do my best." The macarons made it into the oven safely, and Prakash came to peer over Ming's shoulder. "It smells wonderful. Baking is like magic sometimes." "That reminds me, did I tell you about the latest scroll I found at the market? All about new fruit flavors being developed in the Everbloom." "Your favorite thing! I look forward to hearing the details." "I might have more than one favorite thing now." Ming smiled affectionately. By the time the macaron halves had baked and cooled, the basil buttercream was ready, along with the lemon and vanilla, and even Ming's arms were a little tired. Ming and Prakash filled the strawberry cookies with all three, carefully keeping them separate since the buttercreams looked fairly similar. When they were finished, they each took a plate, and Prakash opened the door to the cafe. Nuru turned around and clapped her hands, and Desta leaped out from behind the doorway, tossing something into the air. Glittery confetti drifted down over the startled Ming and Prakash. "It's edible glitter, of course! Happy Brightshine Jubilee, Ming! Prakash too! And happy macaron day! What kinds, what kinds?" Ming laughed. "Thank you, Desta. Happy Brightshine to you." The sun shone brightly in the cafe windows, the macarons had perfect feet, and life was sweeter than ever at the Brightshine Bakery.[/columns] [center] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [size=4][color=#775849][b]Today's recipe: [url=https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-macaron-recipe-435221]Macarons[/url][/b][/size] [color=#afb87d][i](complementary partnership)[/i][/color] [img]https://imgur.com/XLuYPiZ.png[/img] [color=#d58586][i]This story is completed. Thank you so much for joining Light Flight and the Brightshine Bakery for our festival! We hope you've enjoyed playing with us.[/i][/center] [quote=Story Updates]@Neroli @Lichtdrache @Cheshly @GeriVl @alagasianflame @tigressRising @uniquelykenn @Katsuokai @cheyinka @heavylobster @Xirei @modernIcarus @Jaspernoir @twotone @heartcrusher1 @Gravebloom @Tufira @OverTheWolf @Saraceaser @Delleska @Stellatrix13 @LaparaLaela @HSoup @IvyLight @ShadeOfChaos @Alastriona1 @fitz @Lhethi @GardenWyrm @Elisse @Reroad @Lundlaeva @Argante @Shikoire @fidothehoarder @CharlieWeasleyy @tialanderrol @BrookInTheMeadow [/quote]
The story so far

Epilogue
whDAYd4.png __ Prakash bent down to peer at the small circles of batter on the parchment. He touched one gently with a claw. "They seem dry," he reported.

Ming left the basil buttercream and padded over. "Yes, they look ready. Go ahead and put them into the oven carefully."

Prakash grinned. "I think my arms may have turned to dough after beating all those eggs, but I will certainly do my best."

The macarons made it into the oven safely, and Prakash came to peer over Ming's shoulder. "It smells wonderful. Baking is like magic sometimes."

"That reminds me, did I tell you about the latest scroll I found at the market? All about new fruit flavors being developed in the Everbloom."

"Your favorite thing! I look forward to hearing the details."

"I might have more than one favorite thing now." Ming smiled affectionately.

By the time the macaron halves had baked and cooled, the basil buttercream was ready, along with the lemon and vanilla, and even Ming's arms were a little tired. Ming and Prakash filled the strawberry cookies with all three, carefully keeping them separate since the buttercreams looked fairly similar. When they were finished, they each took a plate, and Prakash opened the door to the cafe.

Nuru turned around and clapped her hands, and Desta leaped out from behind the doorway, tossing something into the air. Glittery confetti drifted down over the startled Ming and Prakash.

"It's edible glitter, of course! Happy Brightshine Jubilee, Ming! Prakash too! And happy macaron day! What kinds, what kinds?"

Ming laughed. "Thank you, Desta. Happy Brightshine to you."

The sun shone brightly in the cafe windows, the macarons had perfect feet, and life was sweeter than ever at the Brightshine Bakery.

XLuYPiZ.png

Today's recipe:
Macarons

(complementary partnership)

XLuYPiZ.png

This story is completed. Thank you so much for joining Light Flight and the Brightshine Bakery for our festival! We hope you've enjoyed playing with us.
This has been the most precious and sweet story ever! I had to catch up on the last two days, but I finally finished it and I love it so much! Seeing how the relationship between Ming and Prakash developed and all learning a little bit about everyone.

But mostly those two, they are so adorable <3 I was hoping the would get together by the end and it was even better than I expected when they finally did! ^^

Unrelated from the story itself, I really enjoyed the daily recipes, a couple of those are on my to do list now! Thank you for sharing them!
This has been the most precious and sweet story ever! I had to catch up on the last two days, but I finally finished it and I love it so much! Seeing how the relationship between Ming and Prakash developed and all learning a little bit about everyone.

But mostly those two, they are so adorable <3 I was hoping the would get together by the end and it was even better than I expected when they finally did! ^^

Unrelated from the story itself, I really enjoyed the daily recipes, a couple of those are on my to do list now! Thank you for sharing them!

Used to be GeriVl of the Lightning Flight
WvWPineappleGeriVI.png
Used to be GeriVl of the Lightning Flight
Thanks for the story and event guys! It's been a fun update to read every day. ^^
Hope everyone who put so much effort in had a wonderful festival!
Thanks for the story and event guys! It's been a fun update to read every day. ^^
Hope everyone who put so much effort in had a wonderful festival!
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
@jinian Aaaaaaaaa, this story was adorable, I just binge-read the last three updates and they absolutely did not disappoint. (I couldn't read as they were posted due to Offline Stuff getting in the way - though some of it was baking, maybe Ming would approve? I hope so!)

I have LOVED this story, start to finish - the mystery, Ming's attempts to work things out, the characters he (and we!) met along the way, and the totally sweet and lovely ending. Baking macarons together! How lovely! ^-^ My favourite cameo was probably Desta's relatives, haha. I love that Ming used his newfound knowledge about her to help her and her artist friends out, that was a really nice touch.

And the recipes, I haven't mentioned the recipes! I will definitely be bookmarking those to hopefully make for myself one day.

@Lichtdrache, I know I've already said this, but thank you again for providing such lovely art, for the story and the whole event. Prakash's portrait is possibly my favourite, but your depictions of all the characters really helped bring the story to life for me. <3
@jinian Aaaaaaaaa, this story was adorable, I just binge-read the last three updates and they absolutely did not disappoint. (I couldn't read as they were posted due to Offline Stuff getting in the way - though some of it was baking, maybe Ming would approve? I hope so!)

I have LOVED this story, start to finish - the mystery, Ming's attempts to work things out, the characters he (and we!) met along the way, and the totally sweet and lovely ending. Baking macarons together! How lovely! ^-^ My favourite cameo was probably Desta's relatives, haha. I love that Ming used his newfound knowledge about her to help her and her artist friends out, that was a really nice touch.

And the recipes, I haven't mentioned the recipes! I will definitely be bookmarking those to hopefully make for myself one day.

@Lichtdrache, I know I've already said this, but thank you again for providing such lovely art, for the story and the whole event. Prakash's portrait is possibly my favourite, but your depictions of all the characters really helped bring the story to life for me. <3
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@jinian

Hey just wanted to make sure, is Ming and Prakash both males? I haven't read the full story, but I seemed to see some comments about them becoming a couple sooo I just wanted to be sure I understand everything right xD

Well done by the way!
@jinian

Hey just wanted to make sure, is Ming and Prakash both males? I haven't read the full story, but I seemed to see some comments about them becoming a couple sooo I just wanted to be sure I understand everything right xD

Well done by the way!
szLFrpq.png
yZ46GGS.png
dBieivA.png
mmoRz30.png
OuP0IWM.png
4SzSxLW.png
E27J5Sp.png2aALZUV.png Looking for a KS familiar!
KNGiWy8.png
sjOWyhv.png
1WumNJq.png
7umcBmn.png
FObX7rS.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13