Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much will scatter sights increase
1 2 3
@ClockworkEclipse Actually, the prices are raised now, so you'd probably be better off selling them now, anyways
@ClockworkEclipse Actually, the prices are raised now, so you'd probably be better off selling them now, anyways
4fhnuyq.gif.................

- Serena - she/her - ENTJ - author-
Hi, I love the stars and I'm not in Arcane, shocker.
Dragon Search Thread
Wishlist
FR time +2
mK4Wrg9.giftGcXdLv.gif
F8WMfQz.pngeGiN2Xv.png
Honestly, I think they'll stay around the same price or even fall; Aequorin has already said there'll be new unnatural eye types in the future - in fact, I would be surprised if we don't get eyes to replace vistas for this year's fest cycle - and the most desirable eyes obtainable via scattersights are very rare anyway, so people'll likely just opt for unnatural eye types should they wish to change their old dragons.
Honestly, I think they'll stay around the same price or even fall; Aequorin has already said there'll be new unnatural eye types in the future - in fact, I would be surprised if we don't get eyes to replace vistas for this year's fest cycle - and the most desirable eyes obtainable via scattersights are very rare anyway, so people'll likely just opt for unnatural eye types should they wish to change their old dragons.
they may go up slowly, but then again, people know they are limited, so there will be more people hoarding them/playing the market

so it will probably take longer for the prices to get really high, some years probably
they may go up slowly, but then again, people know they are limited, so there will be more people hoarding them/playing the market

so it will probably take longer for the prices to get really high, some years probably
ZRFPHFU.pngdagsvSj.gifDaxXxIb.png
Even if they reach 300G it will be worth selling them imho XD
Even if they reach 300G it will be worth selling them imho XD
X0JktGl.png
i’m scared that they’ll drop

materials during their time for the event were astounding
i’m scared that they’ll drop

materials during their time for the event were astounding
Uq1cq4S.png
I'm gonna wait like 4 or 6 years and hope they'll be rare enough by then that I could buy an eliminate with one.

don't feel bad for me; I'm rich enough to buy an eliminate now, I'm just cheap
I'm gonna wait like 4 or 6 years and hope they'll be rare enough by then that I could buy an eliminate with one.

don't feel bad for me; I'm rich enough to buy an eliminate now, I'm just cheap
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
I doubt they'll drop too far, considering they're retired and consumable items.

It's just a matter of how much people are willing to risk on a roll of the dice. Even if the most popular options are rare chances I could see people being willing to spend a fair bit to have the bragging rights of a progen with unique eyes to set it apart (since progens can't get natural eye types other than common without scattering) or other older dragons.

Since they're consumable, I can really only see it going up over time. It's the random factor that will determine where it plateaus.
I doubt they'll drop too far, considering they're retired and consumable items.

It's just a matter of how much people are willing to risk on a roll of the dice. Even if the most popular options are rare chances I could see people being willing to spend a fair bit to have the bragging rights of a progen with unique eyes to set it apart (since progens can't get natural eye types other than common without scattering) or other older dragons.

Since they're consumable, I can really only see it going up over time. It's the random factor that will determine where it plateaus.
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
When new eyes are released, their value will no doubt drop. Consider retired apparel items. Though they'll never go away, they're the closest thing I think we can get to an example when something retired gets something to replace it put in place. While Light Sprites continue to be very high, their price actually hasn't budged that much these past two years and when Joxar was introduced, we saw a plummet in apparel prices as substitutes were released.

The same will probably happen with the eyes; when new ones are introduced, they'll supplant the old ones and unless people really, really want primal and are really willing to sink tons of money into it, there won't be that much demand.

I'm still holding out that the new festival items won't include eyes so that their prices do go up a little for the time being.
When new eyes are released, their value will no doubt drop. Consider retired apparel items. Though they'll never go away, they're the closest thing I think we can get to an example when something retired gets something to replace it put in place. While Light Sprites continue to be very high, their price actually hasn't budged that much these past two years and when Joxar was introduced, we saw a plummet in apparel prices as substitutes were released.

The same will probably happen with the eyes; when new ones are introduced, they'll supplant the old ones and unless people really, really want primal and are really willing to sink tons of money into it, there won't be that much demand.

I'm still holding out that the new festival items won't include eyes so that their prices do go up a little for the time being.
uCR5SCW.png
People keep saying “when new eyes come out” like those eyes aren’t going to be breeding-only too.

Vials are going to up and up, because the only comparable item is Imperial Scrolls, and they are the ONLY method for existing dragons to interact with the new eye system at all.
People keep saying “when new eyes come out” like those eyes aren’t going to be breeding-only too.

Vials are going to up and up, because the only comparable item is Imperial Scrolls, and they are the ONLY method for existing dragons to interact with the new eye system at all.
sBdLZtA.png
@Contaminate Aequorin said there will be new eyes that are "obtainable through the Marketplace (and more)!"

I'm not sure if the vial prices will inflate as much as people are expecting them to, people have hoarded a lot of them and when new eyes are out the hype for the older ones will likely go down. I've stored 50 away just in case they do go up though (and in case I need pastelly eyes on a dragon in the future).
@Contaminate Aequorin said there will be new eyes that are "obtainable through the Marketplace (and more)!"

I'm not sure if the vial prices will inflate as much as people are expecting them to, people have hoarded a lot of them and when new eyes are out the hype for the older ones will likely go down. I've stored 50 away just in case they do go up though (and in case I need pastelly eyes on a dragon in the future).
1 2 3