Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 151 152
I'm so glad the vials will stay retired! I'm also excited for future eye types and events tied to them! (Baldwin getting splashed in the eyes anyone? Swipp trading for contacts? Etc...)

Edit: also thank for the future Common eyes potion! I won't have to worry about my dream dragon now!
I'm so glad the vials will stay retired! I'm also excited for future eye types and events tied to them! (Baldwin getting splashed in the eyes anyone? Swipp trading for contacts? Etc...)

Edit: also thank for the future Common eyes potion! I won't have to worry about my dream dragon now!
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
<3 I'm excited for the eye changes. Glad to hear there will be a revert to common scroll, that was all I really wanted :D
<3 I'm excited for the eye changes. Glad to hear there will be a revert to common scroll, that was all I really wanted :D
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[quote name="disconcerto" date="2018-06-11 16:40:28" ] ALSO *Nick Fury voice* There was an eyedea... *Tony Stark voice* to bring together all the colors of the rainbow [/quote] YES
disconcerto wrote on 2018-06-11 16:40:28:
ALSO

*Nick Fury voice* There was an eyedea...
*Tony Stark voice* to bring together all the colors of the rainbow

YES
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
Thank you for the communication! I'm glad to hear a "revert to common" item is being discussed, and that the scattersights will remain retired. Thank you for the chance to "roll the dice"!
Thank you for the communication! I'm glad to hear a "revert to common" item is being discussed, and that the scattersights will remain retired. Thank you for the chance to "roll the dice"!
XwAOBEQ.png
Thank you team!! I think this is a great way to improve on the update and alleviate some frustration, though I hope that the more stubborn / rare eye types will someday be available through an item, especially the Primal ones as they're very specific to each element. :)
Thank you team!! I think this is a great way to improve on the update and alleviate some frustration, though I hope that the more stubborn / rare eye types will someday be available through an item, especially the Primal ones as they're very specific to each element. :)
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
I've heard people rallying for this, but is there any interest in a blacklist for dragons with multi-gaze or plague primal eyes? Some people find things like that very disturbing, and while I'm not included in that demographic, accessibility is a pretty important thing.
I've heard people rallying for this, but is there any interest in a blacklist for dragons with multi-gaze or plague primal eyes? Some people find things like that very disturbing, and while I'm not included in that demographic, accessibility is a pretty important thing.
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
[quote name="Deathtoll" date="2018-06-11 16:41:48" ] Exactly my feelings. The chance (mostly, with what scrolls are around left) being out of the players hands makes me like it all the more. Actual rare attribute dragons. [/quote] Really? That really stings to read. I mean, not everyone has weekends off. Just.. wow..
Deathtoll wrote on 2018-06-11 16:41:48:
Exactly my feelings.

The chance (mostly, with what scrolls are around left) being out of the players hands makes me like it all the more. Actual rare attribute dragons.
Really? That really stings to read. I mean, not everyone has weekends off. Just.. wow..
firstly, thank you for the update. it's good to know there will be more types in the future, including buyable ones. now i hate to complain again, however i still believe some major issues haven't been addressed. [quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-06-11 16:27:54" ] With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardise the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds. [/quote] i've said this before, and i'll say it again: i do not think this is necessary for common eyes. they have been this way for years, and i think it makes sense that different breeds have slightly different "reactions" to each flight's magic, because they were created by different deities. consistency in eye colour was never a problem before, and it's not a big importance for users from what i've seen. i mean, rare doesn't have consistency either? some eye types are dual toned and some are not. if this is acceptable, i can't see a reason for not having the old colours returned, especially considering some got really drastic hue changes (wind & light come to mind, but every flight was affected). you will not be providing another item to change eyes, so for users who want their dragons to look the way they did for [b]years[/b], this is terrible news. again, it's just punishing loyal players... i've had some my dragons since 2013. they have now been changed. i have no way to revert this. it's just.. straight up upsetting. i'm thankful for the update, i really am, i just can't get behind this. maybe at least release a "Legacy" eye type like someone's been suggesting in the forums, that changes the eyes to the old common colour. i hate that i would have to pay to get an old look back when i didn't consent to this change in the first place, but it's better than having a 100 of my dragons stuck the way they are.
firstly, thank you for the update. it's good to know there will be more types in the future, including buyable ones.

now i hate to complain again, however i still believe some major issues haven't been addressed.
Aequorin wrote on 2018-06-11 16:27:54:
With the release of Eye Types, we took the opportunity to standardise the Common Eye hue to be consistent across breeds.

i've said this before, and i'll say it again: i do not think this is necessary for common eyes. they have been this way for years, and i think it makes sense that different breeds have slightly different "reactions" to each flight's magic, because they were created by different deities. consistency in eye colour was never a problem before, and it's not a big importance for users from what i've seen.

i mean, rare doesn't have consistency either? some eye types are dual toned and some are not. if this is acceptable, i can't see a reason for not having the old colours returned, especially considering some got really drastic hue changes (wind & light come to mind, but every flight was affected).

you will not be providing another item to change eyes, so for users who want their dragons to look the way they did for years, this is terrible news. again, it's just punishing loyal players... i've had some my dragons since 2013. they have now been changed. i have no way to revert this. it's just.. straight up upsetting.

i'm thankful for the update, i really am, i just can't get behind this. maybe at least release a "Legacy" eye type like someone's been suggesting in the forums, that changes the eyes to the old common colour. i hate that i would have to pay to get an old look back when i didn't consent to this change in the first place, but it's better than having a 100 of my dragons stuck the way they are.
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
Thank you so much for this, I'm glad you finally found the time to give us an update on all of this ruckus, I know it couldn't have been easy to monitor the bugs, the forums, the implementation along with the panic and uprising that this update had caused.
We are all proud of you for considering our suggestions, understanding the problems with this feature and checking the feedback, you are still my personally favourite admins and developers, too bad this Anniversary turned out to be so stressful for so many people. I know you meant to give us the most pleasing experience but even the best sometimes make mistakes.

I am inexplicably glad you're planning on implementing a revert-scroll and various Marketplace (and more) Eye Vials, that would solve all the problems ♥
Thank you so much for this, I'm glad you finally found the time to give us an update on all of this ruckus, I know it couldn't have been easy to monitor the bugs, the forums, the implementation along with the panic and uprising that this update had caused.
We are all proud of you for considering our suggestions, understanding the problems with this feature and checking the feedback, you are still my personally favourite admins and developers, too bad this Anniversary turned out to be so stressful for so many people. I know you meant to give us the most pleasing experience but even the best sometimes make mistakes.

I am inexplicably glad you're planning on implementing a revert-scroll and various Marketplace (and more) Eye Vials, that would solve all the problems ♥
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Will the vial get fixed? I mean I got uncommon more than 5 times in a row... That is frustrating.
Will the vial get fixed? I mean I got uncommon more than 5 times in a row... That is frustrating.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 151 152