Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 151 152
[quote name="@micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] I was going to write a post expressing my opinion on this, but this response said it better than I ever could. Well said!
@micahjaguar wrote on 2018-06-13 18:02:07:
I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip*

Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.)

The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.'

After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way.

Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future.

Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/

tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money.

I was going to write a post expressing my opinion on this, but this response said it better than I ever could. Well said!
I’m still not so happy about my expensive and time consuming breeding projects maybe turning out with funky eyes, with yet another expensive item needed to change them. I still think treating it genetically would have been a much better choice. But that’s just my two cents and I don’t even play that much anymore (though I was mostly playing to complete a project and feel rather discouraged about that now)
I’m still not so happy about my expensive and time consuming breeding projects maybe turning out with funky eyes, with yet another expensive item needed to change them. I still think treating it genetically would have been a much better choice. But that’s just my two cents and I don’t even play that much anymore (though I was mostly playing to complete a project and feel rather discouraged about that now)
B9_L2.pngiSuPyTT.pngo82-d4-Nrogara.pngm29-02-book.pngyK9tsxy.pngbibrHzP.pngo82-d3-Nrogara.pngB9_R2.pngm30-01-book.pngo82-d2-Nrogara.pnguisysIG.pngoKTlA9t.pngm29-04-book.pngT16.pngm30-02-book.pngWkyw2V9.png
[quote name="ToxieToxie" date="2018-06-11 21:09:57" ] @reginaRenegade As far as I can tell, the eyes are on a different layer. It's certainly the case for Ludis here (bit of a warning: he's got the Multi-eyes)! [/quote] oh, thanks for the confirmation and the warning! it's cool to see that layer theory in effect (also, i love him, he's a very good and handsome boy)
ToxieToxie wrote on 2018-06-11 21:09:57:
@reginaRenegade As far as I can tell, the eyes are on a different layer. It's certainly the case for Ludis here (bit of a warning: he's got the Multi-eyes)!

oh, thanks for the confirmation and the warning!

it's cool to see that layer theory in effect (also, i love him, he's a very good and handsome boy)
FVWH4jZ.gif5cx1lc.jpgD1KtWxp.gifFVWH4jZ.gif
Yep, what micahjaguar wrote, again. My voice for all the above PR-is-important talk, too.

Though I will be happy to note that I am personally not miffed (rather, I'm excited) about anything that's been implemented-- except I would like to see scattervials come back, for my personal customization quest.... Although, granted, I am not the most invested player (been around for almost 2 years, casually.)
Yep, what micahjaguar wrote, again. My voice for all the above PR-is-important talk, too.

Though I will be happy to note that I am personally not miffed (rather, I'm excited) about anything that's been implemented-- except I would like to see scattervials come back, for my personal customization quest.... Although, granted, I am not the most invested player (been around for almost 2 years, casually.)
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] Adding my agreement to this post. Communication is key when it comes to situations such as this. The way it was handled was not the greatest, and not responding to the criticism promptly was not a smart idea. This sort of situation [i]needs[/i] to be avoided in the future.
micahjaguar wrote on 2018-06-13 18:02:07:
tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money.

Adding my agreement to this post. Communication is key when it comes to situations such as this. The way it was handled was not the greatest, and not responding to the criticism promptly was not a smart idea.

This sort of situation needs to be avoided in the future.
photofunky.gif
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. [b]Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/[/b] tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] every. single. thing. here. saw this on tumblr and followed the link here and it deserves to be quoted. because i am absolutely 100% done. bolded mine. flight rising really does NOT care. they don't care. at all. the ONLY thing they care about is their paychecks, the work and effort and compassion for it and their user base isn't ANYWHERE on their radar. over the years they've made it PAINFULLY obvious EXACTLY how they feel about their community: [size=4][b]they don't fucking care.[/b][/size] nothing is going to change. i sincerely hope @/micahjaguar's post is listened to, [i]but it won't be.[/i] from flight rising's perspective, there's no need to change. there will ALWAYS be more newbies ready to pay with their parents' money for more gems, there will ALWAYS be users who haven't hit their tolerance ceiling (surprise, newbies and 2016 players! that cap is 4-5 years! you'll hit it.) and believe the BEST thing they can do is continue to praise and blindly defend the staff for their "efforts" when there CLEARLY AREN'T ANY. they need to take @/micahjaguar's advice. and they won't.
I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip*

Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.)

The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.'

After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way.

Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future.

Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/

every. single. thing. here.

saw this on tumblr and followed the link here and it deserves to be quoted. because i am absolutely 100% done.

bolded mine. flight rising really does NOT care. they don't care. at all. the ONLY thing they care about is their paychecks, the work and effort and compassion for it and their user base isn't ANYWHERE on their radar. over the years they've made it PAINFULLY obvious EXACTLY how they feel about their community: they don't ******* care.

nothing is going to change. i sincerely hope @/micahjaguar's post is listened to, but it won't be.

from flight rising's perspective, there's no need to change. there will ALWAYS be more newbies ready to pay with their parents' money for more gems, there will ALWAYS be users who haven't hit their tolerance ceiling (surprise, newbies and 2016 players! that cap is 4-5 years! you'll hit it.) and believe the BEST thing they can do is continue to praise and blindly defend the staff for their "efforts" when there CLEARLY AREN'T ANY.

they need to take @/micahjaguar's advice. and they won't.
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] I have yet to see the problem outlined as perfectly as in this post. Very well worded and entirely spot on!

I have yet to see the problem outlined as perfectly as in this post. Very well worded and entirely spot on!
[quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] I am not just seconding this, but thirding and fourthing and however many I am late to this. It's hard for ME to explain because words are my weakest point, but I am a customer service representative by nature and Security is in my blood, and communication will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be the thing that keeps this from happening. Thank you micahjaguar for putting this into eloquent, direct words in a constructive, critiquing format, I can't thank you enough. ♥

I am not just seconding this, but thirding and fourthing and however many I am late to this. It's hard for ME to explain because words are my weakest point, but I am a customer service representative by nature and Security is in my blood, and communication will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be the thing that keeps this from happening. Thank you micahjaguar for putting this into eloquent, direct words in a constructive, critiquing format, I can't thank you enough. ♥
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
Thank you for the update staff and thank you for releasing a 'revert to common' option.

Though this assuaged most of my worries, I'm still wondering about the updated common eyes. I understand why colors were standardized across the board. However I don't understand why the actual art of some eyes were changed. Was it simply an art mistake? Or is there something I'm missing?

Is there a chance that:
  • Imperials, Guardians, Skydancers and others will get their pupils back?
  • Fae eyes will revert to the more "crisp" pupil with higher contrast so it looks like an actual pupil, and not simply shading on the iris?
  • Fae eyes will regain their highlight?
  • Tundras go back to having a white sclera, instead of it being colored in?
  • The new common eyes stay and we'll get a "Legacy" vial?
  • etc. etc.

I understand that some enjoy the new common eyes, but I personally want my dragons to go back to looking like themselves. So, to me the best option is some sort of Legacy vial.

But really, my question is: can I hold out any hope of this happening, or should I just assume this is now 'the way it is' and my dragons will forever look 'different'?
Thank you for the update staff and thank you for releasing a 'revert to common' option.

Though this assuaged most of my worries, I'm still wondering about the updated common eyes. I understand why colors were standardized across the board. However I don't understand why the actual art of some eyes were changed. Was it simply an art mistake? Or is there something I'm missing?

Is there a chance that:
  • Imperials, Guardians, Skydancers and others will get their pupils back?
  • Fae eyes will revert to the more "crisp" pupil with higher contrast so it looks like an actual pupil, and not simply shading on the iris?
  • Fae eyes will regain their highlight?
  • Tundras go back to having a white sclera, instead of it being colored in?
  • The new common eyes stay and we'll get a "Legacy" vial?
  • etc. etc.

I understand that some enjoy the new common eyes, but I personally want my dragons to go back to looking like themselves. So, to me the best option is some sort of Legacy vial.

But really, my question is: can I hold out any hope of this happening, or should I just assume this is now 'the way it is' and my dragons will forever look 'different'?
[quote name="@micahjaguar" date="2018-06-13 18:02:07" ] I think the idea of having new eyes is cool, and as a mechanic it scores high on the 'game-changing and thus appropriate for a five year anniversary' metric. Really good brainstorming. I find it interesting to hatch eggs again, and curious to see what future eye enhancements you're planning. *hat-tip* Your celebratory implementation was bizarre, however, and your communications afterwards, baffling. I feel as if you have no PR or marketing people on your staff who understand how to interact with and manage customer relations. (Maybe you don't? I can recommend some books on the topic.) The moment the userbase started responding to your Big Huge Celebratory Announcements with an explosion of pain points, you should have immediately made a post that said: "We have overlooked some gameplay styles that are negatively impacted by our decision. We want this event to be exciting for all our players, and we'd like to hear how we can address your concerns. Please post to this official thread, and tell us how we could do this better.' After reading--and managing--that thread, you would have had enough data to make decisions, and without causing the mass hysteria and anger that resulted because of your silence. Communication is key when you've upset your customers. It's the only thing. And having collected all this data in a less emotionally charged manner by heading off your userbase's upset before it could build, I think you would probably have made different decisions. As it is, you present the image of having been backed into a corner, and politely showing your teeth and warning everyone from trying for you. Probably because you feel that way. Y'all, FR is your income and your job, and we're your customers. You consistently don't handle your customers well. I don't mean *user* management--I'm not talking about 'how do I keep my users from trespassing on the site rules and making abusive forum threads.' I mean *customer* management, where you understand how to interact with people who pay you in a way that makes them happy to pay you, and more willing to keep paying you in the future. Right now, you often give the impression that we're impositions on your vision, and that if you could have the site not have any people while making your money, you would probably prefer that. :/ tl;dr: You really need to research marketing and learn how to communicate with your customers. Your tone deafness in this arena is costing you money. [/quote] Very well said, I applaud you. I'm really frustrated with this situation. Even now, they say this thread is for questions and comments but the only questions they've answered are ones even I could've answered. They're still not responding to the constructive criticism and legitimate questions about how this event was handled.
@micahjaguar wrote on 2018-06-13 18:02:07:

Very well said, I applaud you. I'm really frustrated with this situation. Even now, they say this thread is for questions and comments but the only questions they've answered are ones even I could've answered. They're still not responding to the constructive criticism and legitimate questions about how this event was handled.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 151 152