Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's up with the threads?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2018-06-11 15:28:11" ] As Sopheroo mentioned, the event is now over, so technically it doesn't matter what I get back now. They won't compensate me. At best I will get a copypasted message "we are sorry for the inconvenience but this is how the game is." [/quote] if i may add: i had a similar issue a while ago and it took over five weeks for the same response. that being said, why are we told to use contact us when all staff could say is "we're working on a solution" or something to that effect. super quick and simple, instead of telling us to submit a ticket that will likely never be answered or even seen by the public.
FallenAngel wrote on 2018-06-11 15:28:11:
As Sopheroo mentioned, the event is now over, so technically it doesn't matter what I get back now. They won't compensate me. At best I will get a copypasted message "we are sorry for the inconvenience but this is how the game is."

if i may add: i had a similar issue a while ago and it took over five weeks for the same response.

that being said, why are we told to use contact us when all staff could say is "we're working on a solution" or something to that effect. super quick and simple, instead of telling us to submit a ticket that will likely never be answered or even seen by the public.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism.
The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism.
[quote name="SleepyChipmunk" date="2018-06-11 15:33:19" ] The rule against talking about moderation isn't ideal, but I can understand why it's there. I've seen places without it devolve very quickly, people make constant threads about it, etc, when nothing shifty was going on and the original post was a clear violation of rules. It's not about avoiding criticism. [/quote] ^^^^^^^^^
SleepyChipmunk wrote on 2018-06-11 15:33:19:
^^^^^^^^^
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
@Alight - its likely not ghosting, just their current means to try and ease the tide they are under. I agree there are better approaches, but this is them likely dealing with their first big outrage. It's a learning curve when you consider that being a mod is, well, typically just voluntary free time you give to a forum site to help it along. Most of it is moving threads, removing spam and sorting out exceptionally rare altercations between members.

Big dramatic events like this are scary. Heck i've moderated some decently sized sites for years and wouldn't want to deal with this; dozenes of threads; lots of emotion; lots of facts and missinformation flying around etc... not nice at all and can be rather soul crushing (mods often are not all in an office; you're out alone at home dealing with this best as you can -esp if you're the only mod online at the time things go sour
@Alight - its likely not ghosting, just their current means to try and ease the tide they are under. I agree there are better approaches, but this is them likely dealing with their first big outrage. It's a learning curve when you consider that being a mod is, well, typically just voluntary free time you give to a forum site to help it along. Most of it is moving threads, removing spam and sorting out exceptionally rare altercations between members.

Big dramatic events like this are scary. Heck i've moderated some decently sized sites for years and wouldn't want to deal with this; dozenes of threads; lots of emotion; lots of facts and missinformation flying around etc... not nice at all and can be rather soul crushing (mods often are not all in an office; you're out alone at home dealing with this best as you can -esp if you're the only mod online at the time things go sour
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
@CrazyRedFire

I hear ya, pal! I'm not incredibly angered at the staff, but from what I've seen, they could be managing this a lot better. Pulling support seems like a big part of community response.
@CrazyRedFire

I hear ya, pal! I'm not incredibly angered at the staff, but from what I've seen, they could be managing this a lot better. Pulling support seems like a big part of community response.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
you know what would even be a better alternative to just completely nuking threads that dare to mention things aren't as okay as they should be? just lock the damn thread.

they have the ability to lock threads and are actively choosing to instead silently delete them, to shut everyone up as if it never happened.

and i'm gonna say it. that's *******up. they don't lock threads because it'd keep their actions VISIBLE. it'd keep their silencing VISIBLE, it keep their choice to ignore their user base visible to every other player.

i hope someone is screenshotting this thread.
you know what would even be a better alternative to just completely nuking threads that dare to mention things aren't as okay as they should be? just lock the damn thread.

they have the ability to lock threads and are actively choosing to instead silently delete them, to shut everyone up as if it never happened.

and i'm gonna say it. that's *******up. they don't lock threads because it'd keep their actions VISIBLE. it'd keep their silencing VISIBLE, it keep their choice to ignore their user base visible to every other player.

i hope someone is screenshotting this thread.
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
The rule about discussing moderation sounds bad, but frankly it’s necessary. For the first year or two we were allowed to discuss staff decisions, but it always ended in drama. As for why staff doesn’t post that they’ve heard the concerns and are considering them? Because it sets expectations. If they say that, then come back and say “We’re not changing anything,” that just restarts aaaallll the drama all over again. I doubt most people would hear that and say “Oh well, guess it’s not happening.” It’s just easier to let the issue die.
The rule about discussing moderation sounds bad, but frankly it’s necessary. For the first year or two we were allowed to discuss staff decisions, but it always ended in drama. As for why staff doesn’t post that they’ve heard the concerns and are considering them? Because it sets expectations. If they say that, then come back and say “We’re not changing anything,” that just restarts aaaallll the drama all over again. I doubt most people would hear that and say “Oh well, guess it’s not happening.” It’s just easier to let the issue die.
jeez louise this got quite the response
the more i hear about fr staff the worse i feel about the way they maintain the forums and handle communication /:
jeez louise this got quite the response
the more i hear about fr staff the worse i feel about the way they maintain the forums and handle communication /:
@Ghostslugs
Why screenshot when you can archive? c:
god this is hard
@Ghostslugs
Why screenshot when you can archive? c:
god this is hard
@GhostSlugs aye but some users make repeat threads; they've already tried locks and the threads keep coming. Trying to close and hide them isn't about hiding the problem. Mods are not fools; but they are trying to handle something that is swamping the forums.
Removing threads at least attempts to allow users engaging in the site in other ways to retain their use of the site without the first page of the forums being all locked threads on this topic.
@GhostSlugs aye but some users make repeat threads; they've already tried locks and the threads keep coming. Trying to close and hide them isn't about hiding the problem. Mods are not fools; but they are trying to handle something that is swamping the forums.
Removing threads at least attempts to allow users engaging in the site in other ways to retain their use of the site without the first page of the forums being all locked threads on this topic.
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10