Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's up with the threads?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Gosuto Yeah that’s what I was thinking as well.

I really do wish they would tell us something. Just a simple “We’ve been reading your feedback and we’ll be releasing a response in a few days time” kind of a thing. =
@Gosuto Yeah that’s what I was thinking as well.

I really do wish they would tell us something. Just a simple “We’ve been reading your feedback and we’ll be releasing a response in a few days time” kind of a thing. =
earthshieldr.pngQhY7AgE.png
I'm just afraid this will simmer down, with no official word, and so many people will continue on having lost their trust in the people behind the site.
I'm just afraid this will simmer down, with no official word, and so many people will continue on having lost their trust in the people behind the site.
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2018-06-11 15:15:31" ] I am glad people are starting to notice this. Had several topics I was posting in got taken down without explanation. It is like any negative or constructive feedback of the event is deleted. Should we pretend the event never happened now? Like they are? [/quote] No, but a thousand threads that fast end up with people getting more hyped up doesn't help matters either. People get agitated, replies pour in fast (this thread is already 6 pages in a tiny span of time and is only one thread of many). People expect a reply fast to their posts; a thread a day old is already OOOLD and yet a day or two is likely what's needed before there is a concrete reply to be had. FR staff are still the very same people they were on Friday bfore the update; the FR Dev team are still the same people; the whole site hasn't changed; only a small addition and change to the visual element has changed. It's sparked some emotions and people have gotten a bit riled up. Cooling heads and chilling and waiting is what's needed. We've trusted FR staff for years ; this weekends event doesn't change that one bit.
FallenAngel wrote on 2018-06-11 15:15:31:
I am glad people are starting to notice this.
Had several topics I was posting in got taken down without explanation.
It is like any negative or constructive feedback of the event is deleted.

Should we pretend the event never happened now? Like they are?

No, but a thousand threads that fast end up with people getting more hyped up doesn't help matters either.

People get agitated, replies pour in fast (this thread is already 6 pages in a tiny span of time and is only one thread of many). People expect a reply fast to their posts; a thread a day old is already OOOLD and yet a day or two is likely what's needed before there is a concrete reply to be had.

FR staff are still the very same people they were on Friday bfore the update; the FR Dev team are still the same people; the whole site hasn't changed; only a small addition and change to the visual element has changed. It's sparked some emotions and people have gotten a bit riled up.

Cooling heads and chilling and waiting is what's needed. We've trusted FR staff for years ; this weekends event doesn't change that one bit.
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
[quote name="Elisse" date="2018-06-11 15:18:36" ] We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward. Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset. But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone? [/quote] I put in for Contact Us on the 9th, it is now the 11th. Tick Tock.
Elisse wrote on 2018-06-11 15:18:36:
We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward.

Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset.

But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone?

I put in for Contact Us on the 9th, it is now the 11th. Tick Tock.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
[quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-11 15:19:33" ] I'm just afraid this will simmer down, with no official word, and so many people will continue on having lost their trust in the people behind the site. [/quote] Unlikely, but its likely a reply will not come fast. you see this in video games and many other companies. Big or small things take time to sort through. It takes time to read comments; sift the good from the bad; study the issue; see how many of the membership really are complaining etc.... These thins take time but the net lets us reply fast; it lets people all over the world reply which can keep conversations going for days almost at a non-stop speed. That's fast; that's super scary when you're a mod against a tidal wave of emotion and blind panic.
Ashrahn wrote on 2018-06-11 15:19:33:

Unlikely, but its likely a reply will not come fast. you see this in video games and many other companies. Big or small things take time to sort through. It takes time to read comments; sift the good from the bad; study the issue; see how many of the membership really are complaining etc....

These thins take time but the net lets us reply fast; it lets people all over the world reply which can keep conversations going for days almost at a non-stop speed. That's fast; that's super scary when you're a mod against a tidal wave of emotion and blind panic.
The Great Library
Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution".
Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution".
I'm with Overread on this one, forums were getting out of hand, no matter how civil a discussion looked, most of the time it was passive-aggressive anyway and often degenerated.

I saw it in most if not all the threads that were swarming the FRD, it was getting upsetting to me, let alone for the admins

With all the discussion I feel like the only ones that enjoyed the event were the ones that don't use the forums
I started out loving it and ended up under a pile of salt - mine, but mostly from all the other users
I'm with Overread on this one, forums were getting out of hand, no matter how civil a discussion looked, most of the time it was passive-aggressive anyway and often degenerated.

I saw it in most if not all the threads that were swarming the FRD, it was getting upsetting to me, let alone for the admins

With all the discussion I feel like the only ones that enjoyed the event were the ones that don't use the forums
I started out loving it and ended up under a pile of salt - mine, but mostly from all the other users
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
[quote] I put in for Contact Us on the 9th, it is now the 11th. Tick Tock.[/quote] Let me remind everyone else that we were TOLD to use Contact Us, because our respective threads, which were polite and non-argumentative were deleted. FallenAngel didn't get an answer in time, and personally, this isn't good. Their question KINDA had to be answered BEFORE today [quote]We've trusted FR staff for years ; this weekends event doesn't change that one bit.[/quote] There are things I trust them with, but I will not say I'm satisfied with the level of communication we're getting - and this isn't new!
Quote:

Let me remind everyone else that we were TOLD to use Contact Us, because our respective threads, which were polite and non-argumentative were deleted.

FallenAngel didn't get an answer in time, and personally, this isn't good. Their question KINDA had to be answered BEFORE today
Quote:
We've trusted FR staff for years ; this weekends event doesn't change that one bit.

There are things I trust them with, but I will not say I'm satisfied with the level of communication we're getting - and this isn't new!
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2018-06-11 15:20:06" ] [quote name="Elisse" date="2018-06-11 15:18:36" ] We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward. Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset. But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone? [/quote] I put in for Contact Us on the 9th, it is now the 11th. Tick Tock. [/quote] A saturday then a sunday - not all staff will have been prepared to be around. Eyes on FR isn't a massive game update like it is for video games. So there isn't need to have lots of key staff ready. Heck chances are they only need someone in tech. Add into that that FR is likely not their main job; many of the staff likely had to get up this morning, see the problems and then go do a full 9-5 work before coming home to try and help settle this. So whilst we've had 3 days they've not had anywhere near that in Work time on FR itself to debate and discuss this. Plus their Contact us likely has lot of emails; and many of them might be repeats as well so that's a huge backlog to work through too
FallenAngel wrote on 2018-06-11 15:20:06:
Elisse wrote on 2018-06-11 15:18:36:
We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward.

Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset.

But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone?

A saturday then a sunday - not all staff will have been prepared to be around. Eyes on FR isn't a massive game update like it is for video games. So there isn't need to have lots of key staff ready. Heck chances are they only need someone in tech.
Add into that that FR is likely not their main job; many of the staff likely had to get up this morning, see the problems and then go do a full 9-5 work before coming home to try and help settle this. So whilst we've had 3 days they've not had anywhere near that in Work time on FR itself to debate and discuss this.

Plus their Contact us likely has lot of emails; and many of them might be repeats as well so that's a huge backlog to work through too
The Great Library
It's sort of scary to think that this thread will probably be gone in minutes..
It's sort of scary to think that this thread will probably be gone in minutes..
I have a scarf problem. Send scarves help.
Aviator ScarfFlair ScarfSilk Scarf
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10