Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's up with the threads?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="AlkorDuskwing" date="2018-06-11 15:11:39" ] But instead like.. leave everything up for speculation? everyone loves conspiracy theories and all sorts of stories, this is FR, it was prone to happen. [/quote] True but at the same time chances are they are either waiting for an official answer or they just don't have one yet. 3 days ago (or less) the dev and mod team saw themselves expanding and adding to the site; the backlash wasn't planned for so chances are they are reeling working out what to resolve and how to resolve it in a manner that is positive. Patience is sometimes the only thing we can have in situations like this.
AlkorDuskwing wrote on 2018-06-11 15:11:39:

But instead like.. leave everything up for speculation? everyone loves conspiracy theories and all sorts of stories, this is FR, it was prone to happen.

True but at the same time chances are they are either waiting for an official answer or they just don't have one yet. 3 days ago (or less) the dev and mod team saw themselves expanding and adding to the site; the backlash wasn't planned for so chances are they are reeling working out what to resolve and how to resolve it in a manner that is positive.

Patience is sometimes the only thing we can have in situations like this.
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
I feel like at least some kind of response from them, anything that lets us know that they are looking into what to do, or at least that they're aware that we're displeased with current events would go a really long way. Rather than deleting civilized threads that have done no harm without any warning before whatsoever.

This thread's probably going to be deleted real fast too, I guarantee it. And that's disheartening.
I feel like at least some kind of response from them, anything that lets us know that they are looking into what to do, or at least that they're aware that we're displeased with current events would go a really long way. Rather than deleting civilized threads that have done no harm without any warning before whatsoever.

This thread's probably going to be deleted real fast too, I guarantee it. And that's disheartening.
FR... I trusted you. But this event? It’s bringing up the bad stuff and I don’t feel as comfortable here anymore. Everyone needs to accept criticism. It makes you better, it improves you, and people like you and your work more. I accept it, my teacher accepts it, everyone accepts it.

And you need to let people hash out their difficulties. Once they do, there’s a bigger chance that they’ll settle and be less negative. But you silence them? That takes away the right to free speech, makes us feel like we don’t matter, makes us nervous, trust you less, and just adds to the anger.

PLEASE LISTEN TO US. WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS. AT THE VERY LEAST, WE SHOULD BE APPEASED BECAUSE WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPLY THE PAY CHECKS.
FR... I trusted you. But this event? It’s bringing up the bad stuff and I don’t feel as comfortable here anymore. Everyone needs to accept criticism. It makes you better, it improves you, and people like you and your work more. I accept it, my teacher accepts it, everyone accepts it.

And you need to let people hash out their difficulties. Once they do, there’s a bigger chance that they’ll settle and be less negative. But you silence them? That takes away the right to free speech, makes us feel like we don’t matter, makes us nervous, trust you less, and just adds to the anger.

PLEASE LISTEN TO US. WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS. AT THE VERY LEAST, WE SHOULD BE APPEASED BECAUSE WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SUPPLY THE PAY CHECKS.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
I am glad people are starting to notice this.
Had several topics I was posting in got taken down without explanation.
It is like any negative or constructive feedback of the event is deleted.

Should we pretend the event never happened now? Like they are?
I am glad people are starting to notice this.
Had several topics I was posting in got taken down without explanation.
It is like any negative or constructive feedback of the event is deleted.

Should we pretend the event never happened now? Like they are?
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:10:05" ] [quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2018-06-11 15:08:55" ] Shutting down threads in advance is EXACTLY how you get people angry. No one likes getting silenced. Thread closing because "it's getting out of hand" is okay, the posts are still there, nuking the thread removes its existence unless you took screenshot. It's not very confidence inspiring. [/quote] Aye but with the number of threads it would fast have the site looking like a warzone. I agree that its not ideal, but I can sympathise with a mod team caught in the middle being overwhelmed by a membership operating on anger and emotion more than reason and patience. [/quote] Yeah, I'm agreeing with what Overread had been saying in this thread. While it may not be good to delete a bunch of threads, it'd be worse for the team to act on emotion. Everyone got pretty heated and even hostile this weekend, and I think everyone (players, staff, mods, [i]everyone[/i]) needs a bit of a break and a breather before they/we start doing stuff to fix stuff. Otherwise everything will just end up being a big hostile mess again.
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:10:05:
MulberryScroll wrote on 2018-06-11 15:08:55:
Shutting down threads in advance is EXACTLY how you get people angry. No one likes getting silenced. Thread closing because "it's getting out of hand" is okay, the posts are still there, nuking the thread removes its existence unless you took screenshot. It's not very confidence inspiring.

Aye but with the number of threads it would fast have the site looking like a warzone.

I agree that its not ideal, but I can sympathise with a mod team caught in the middle being overwhelmed by a membership operating on anger and emotion more than reason and patience.

Yeah, I'm agreeing with what Overread had been saying in this thread. While it may not be good to delete a bunch of threads, it'd be worse for the team to act on emotion. Everyone got pretty heated and even hostile this weekend, and I think everyone (players, staff, mods, everyone) needs a bit of a break and a breather before they/we start doing stuff to fix stuff. Otherwise everything will just end up being a big hostile mess again.
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
[quote name="ElvenArtist" date="2018-06-11 14:48:36" ] [b]It's odd though, because discussing how they handle communicating with the site users as a whole has nothing really to do with forum moderation[/b], though questioning about deleting posts does. They could just be shutting them down to prevent potential fights, but at this point it's unlikely that people are going to be at each other's throats. [/quote] Exactly why I am so upset right now.
ElvenArtist wrote on 2018-06-11 14:48:36:
It's odd though, because discussing how they handle communicating with the site users as a whole has nothing really to do with forum moderation, though questioning about deleting posts does.

They could just be shutting them down to prevent potential fights, but at this point it's unlikely that people are going to be at each other's throats.

Exactly why I am so upset right now.
XriSV9h.gif
It just was a perfect storm. People being excited about the event, led to disappointment about how it was executed, led to stress. Couple this with it being a weekend, and the few staff responses we DID get were either memes or jokes, or answering minor things (check the announcement thread), created a lot of unrest. And then it escalated when people were being silenced for it overspilling.
It just was a perfect storm. People being excited about the event, led to disappointment about how it was executed, led to stress. Couple this with it being a weekend, and the few staff responses we DID get were either memes or jokes, or answering minor things (check the announcement thread), created a lot of unrest. And then it escalated when people were being silenced for it overspilling.
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:14:28" ] [quote name="AlkorDuskwing" date="2018-06-11 15:11:39" ] But instead like.. leave everything up for speculation? everyone loves conspiracy theories and all sorts of stories, this is FR, it was prone to happen. [/quote] True but at the same time chances are they are either waiting for an official answer or they just don't have one yet. 3 days ago (or less) the dev and mod team saw themselves expanding and adding to the site; the backlash wasn't planned for so chances are they are reeling working out what to resolve and how to resolve it in a manner that is positive. Patience is sometimes the only thing we can have in situations like this. [/quote] Fuck patience. I burned all my patience at the altar of coli captchas and forum superbright mode. They need to say [i]something[/i].
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:14:28:
AlkorDuskwing wrote on 2018-06-11 15:11:39:

But instead like.. leave everything up for speculation? everyone loves conspiracy theories and all sorts of stories, this is FR, it was prone to happen.

True but at the same time chances are they are either waiting for an official answer or they just don't have one yet. 3 days ago (or less) the dev and mod team saw themselves expanding and adding to the site; the backlash wasn't planned for so chances are they are reeling working out what to resolve and how to resolve it in a manner that is positive.

Patience is sometimes the only thing we can have in situations like this.

**** patience. I burned all my patience at the altar of coli captchas and forum superbright mode. They need to say something.
wq9PoXA.png
@ The devs: There is nothing wrong with admitting that, as human beings, you made a mistake. There is nothing wrong with apologizing to your userbase. There is nothing wrong with owning up to a mistake. There is nothing wrong with a userbase standing their ground and expressing their opinion about a feature. There is nothing wrong with people noticing your faults and pointing them out. That is how you guys are supposed to improve the way you manage the site and what kind of features you implement/how you implement them. If you don't listen to the userbase, you're pretty much saying clear and loud that you want to act like dictators.

Start listening, fam.
@ The devs: There is nothing wrong with admitting that, as human beings, you made a mistake. There is nothing wrong with apologizing to your userbase. There is nothing wrong with owning up to a mistake. There is nothing wrong with a userbase standing their ground and expressing their opinion about a feature. There is nothing wrong with people noticing your faults and pointing them out. That is how you guys are supposed to improve the way you manage the site and what kind of features you implement/how you implement them. If you don't listen to the userbase, you're pretty much saying clear and loud that you want to act like dictators.

Start listening, fam.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward.

Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset.

But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone?
We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward.

Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset.

But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone?
jZHajod.gif 346apl1.png
Collecting moth food and familiars.

Have a great day!
4kxwnl.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10