Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's up with the threads?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="GhostSlugs" date="2018-06-11 14:51:27" ] [quote name="HersheyNation" date="2018-06-11 14:46:29" ] atypicalpickle But... what if people say positive things about moderation?? Is that stopped, or do they let that happen? [/quote] nope. those are left up. they love being told they're doing a good job. it's really, really disgusting. [/quote] Personally, I'm now sending these to Contact Us. The rule isn't "No discussion of negative moderation", it's "No discussion of moderation"
GhostSlugs wrote on 2018-06-11 14:51:27:
HersheyNation wrote on 2018-06-11 14:46:29:
atypicalpickle

But... what if people say positive things about moderation?? Is that stopped, or do they let that happen?

nope. those are left up. they love being told they're doing a good job.

it's really, really disgusting.
Personally, I'm now sending these to Contact Us. The rule isn't "No discussion of negative moderation", it's "No discussion of moderation"
[quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2018-06-11 14:52:19" ] It sends a bad message, but that's the rules, they're avaliable even if you're not signed up. We can expect this thread to disappear soon too because it's questioning a choice they made, instead of concerned users going to Support and getting an automated message or something. [/quote] i don't mean this as a personal attack, but like, if your/people's reaction to a STRICT rule BANNING CRITICISM is "that's the rules there's no changing them!" then we MAY be in a YA scifi dystopian novel.
MulberryScroll wrote on 2018-06-11 14:52:19:
It sends a bad message, but that's the rules, they're avaliable even if you're not signed up. We can expect this thread to disappear soon too because it's questioning a choice they made, instead of concerned users going to Support and getting an automated message or something.

i don't mean this as a personal attack, but like, if your/people's reaction to a STRICT rule BANNING CRITICISM is "that's the rules there's no changing them!" then we MAY be in a YA scifi dystopian novel.
5.png
STAFF needs to FIX MULTI-GAZE
comment if you can.
let staff know exactly how abhorrently unprofessional this kind of quality is.

yUJyALg.png
I agree with what GhostSlugs has been saying. At this point, this issue has expanded far past "muh items going away boohoo" and its into far more serious stuff. Such as how the site is run and operated, and its really dredging a bunch of hideous stuff to the surface for a lot of people.
I agree with what GhostSlugs has been saying. At this point, this issue has expanded far past "muh items going away boohoo" and its into far more serious stuff. Such as how the site is run and operated, and its really dredging a bunch of hideous stuff to the surface for a lot of people.
People have complained about this for such a long time, I seriously doubt it'll ever change. But maybe since it's been getting worse and worse, there's hope? Maybe? Who knows, not like they'd tell us if there was a change anyway.
People have complained about this for such a long time, I seriously doubt it'll ever change. But maybe since it's been getting worse and worse, there's hope? Maybe? Who knows, not like they'd tell us if there was a change anyway.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
[quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-11 14:56:10" ] I agree with what GhostSlugs has been saying. At this point, this issue has expanded far past "muh items going away boohoo" and its into far more serious stuff. Such as how the site is run and operated, and its really dredging a bunch of hideous stuff to the surface for a lot of people. [/quote] yeah. i didnt realize this was how the forums were modded. that's just.. gross.
Ashrahn wrote on 2018-06-11 14:56:10:

yeah. i didnt realize this was how the forums were modded. that's just.. gross.
... I think people are confusing mods and admins again? The mods have nothing to do with creation of content or how an event goes, they are the forum police.

If you don't like how an event goes, thats not up to the mods. That posts are going up that they like the eyes and stuff, is not a matter of moderation, its that they like what the admins did, and as such, is not discussing moderation, and stays up.

If someone posted something along the lines of 'I like how you banned [player] for [action]'. That would be removed, as it is discussing a 'positive moderation'.
... I think people are confusing mods and admins again? The mods have nothing to do with creation of content or how an event goes, they are the forum police.

If you don't like how an event goes, thats not up to the mods. That posts are going up that they like the eyes and stuff, is not a matter of moderation, its that they like what the admins did, and as such, is not discussing moderation, and stays up.

If someone posted something along the lines of 'I like how you banned [player] for [action]'. That would be removed, as it is discussing a 'positive moderation'.
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
That's interesting.. I was in a thread as well, and nobody ever talked about forum moderation, bans or anything. Just the event.

This is very disheartening and disappointing to see happen. I remember this place being much friendlier and open to things, did FR become ironclad and secretive the moment they decided to open registration to anybody?
That's interesting.. I was in a thread as well, and nobody ever talked about forum moderation, bans or anything. Just the event.

This is very disheartening and disappointing to see happen. I remember this place being much friendlier and open to things, did FR become ironclad and secretive the moment they decided to open registration to anybody?
[quote name="HersheyNation" date="2018-06-11 14:52:46" ] jeez. i didnt realize how bad this was. this legit makes me feel weird. like. that sorta thing just throws me.... [/quote] It's kind of like a malicious ghost, peering over your shoulder. Your stomach turns in unease... What awaits when you turn around to see what it is? That's how I'm beginning to feel anyway x.x
HersheyNation wrote on 2018-06-11 14:52:46:
jeez. i didnt realize how bad this was.
this legit makes me feel weird. like. that sorta thing just throws me....
It's kind of like a malicious ghost, peering over your shoulder. Your stomach turns in unease... What awaits when you turn around to see what it is?

That's how I'm beginning to feel anyway x.x
o667-d01-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d05-R-Reithya.pnggP1RBPa.gifo667-d05-L-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d03-Reithya.pngo667-d04-Reithya.pngo667-d02-Reithya.pngo667-d01-R-Reithya.png
I didn't know you can't talk about about the moderation, that rule is....frighteningly shady. As far as deleting the posts and threads, in the words of a friend who's been here since the beginning "They've always done this, delete posts. They refuse to take criticism."

Every game developer is susceptible to it, including the Team. :/ to say otherwise is just wrong
I didn't know you can't talk about about the moderation, that rule is....frighteningly shady. As far as deleting the posts and threads, in the words of a friend who's been here since the beginning "They've always done this, delete posts. They refuse to take criticism."

Every game developer is susceptible to it, including the Team. :/ to say otherwise is just wrong
Still, the admins control how the mods moderate the threads. It's trickling down, and blends lines.
Still, the admins control how the mods moderate the threads. It's trickling down, and blends lines.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10