Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eyes: To Clear Things Up
1 2 3 4
[center] [b]PSA:[/b] Everyone perceives colour differently, thus meaning that some of you may see a difference here while others may not. I am creating this thread to, hopefully, clear up some troubles. Personally, I don't notice much a difference in colour except for shadow and plague eyes (plague mostly because I love those eyes but I do adore the dark bloody red). Regardless, these are colour swatches taken from the main colours of the old and new eyes. [b]All swatches are arranged with the old swatch first and the new common colour to its right.[/b] [quote] [img]https://imgur.com/hGxXCr8.png[/img] [/quote] Honestly, I can understand the shadow eye complaints. That's one drastic change. The rest? I personally don't see enough a difference to care. I like all the new eye stuff anyways. My only complaint is that we can't choose what new common colour our dragons get (and that we don't have enough time). I feel like this ought to be a choice for those with too many dragons to outright scatter (and, even then, getting the common colour you want can be almost abysmal it seems). I suggest letting us choose a specific common eye colour for existing dragons (they are [i]common[/i] after all) and use the scatters to get the others. This, I feel, would clear up some of the hate and disappointment since the original eye colours are, technically, still out there (albeit through crappy and unreliable methods if you ask me). This is just a summary of my opinion, though. I think it's a fantastic idea that was a bit poorly executed. While I'm not particularly caring for any eyes that are common (or rare... or faceted...), I do wish (above all else) they had added a way to get the eyes after these eye scatters go away. It feels a bit unfair, but whatever. I mostly care about the glowing eyes (though I do really want the rare eyes on my Plague babies because that gradient is really nice). Also, I'm going to plop this down for those of you that don't see much a difference in the new eye shades (like me). Images are pulled from one that @Khepri provided (I hope you don't mind). [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/d11cdc8794cdff3c58624b888eef215b/tumblr_pa044sbMhK1rl6xvzo1_1280.png[/img]
PSA: Everyone perceives colour differently, thus meaning that some of you may see a difference here while others may not.

I am creating this thread to, hopefully, clear up some troubles. Personally, I don't notice much a difference in colour except for shadow and plague eyes (plague mostly because I love those eyes but I do adore the dark bloody red). Regardless, these are colour swatches taken from the main colours of the old and new eyes.

All swatches are arranged with the old swatch first and the new common colour to its right.
Quote:
hGxXCr8.png

Honestly, I can understand the shadow eye complaints. That's one drastic change. The rest? I personally don't see enough a difference to care. I like all the new eye stuff anyways.

My only complaint is that we can't choose what new common colour our dragons get (and that we don't have enough time). I feel like this ought to be a choice for those with too many dragons to outright scatter (and, even then, getting the common colour you want can be almost abysmal it seems). I suggest letting us choose a specific common eye colour for existing dragons (they are common after all) and use the scatters to get the others. This, I feel, would clear up some of the hate and disappointment since the original eye colours are, technically, still out there (albeit through crappy and unreliable methods if you ask me).

This is just a summary of my opinion, though. I think it's a fantastic idea that was a bit poorly executed. While I'm not particularly caring for any eyes that are common (or rare... or faceted...), I do wish (above all else) they had added a way to get the eyes after these eye scatters go away. It feels a bit unfair, but whatever. I mostly care about the glowing eyes (though I do really want the rare eyes on my Plague babies because that gradient is really nice).

Also, I'm going to plop this down for those of you that don't see much a difference in the new eye shades (like me). Images are pulled from one that @Khepri provided (I hope you don't mind).

tumblr_pa044sbMhK1rl6xvzo1_1280.png
Bumping this for reference because this is hella appreciated.
Bumping this for reference because this is hella appreciated.
+3 FR time, forum frequenter, always up for a chat!
Very helpful! Thank you!!!
Very helpful! Thank you!!!
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
No problem. ^^
No problem. ^^
Oh, this is an excellent post!
Oh, this is an excellent post!
nel | they/them or he/him | nb butch lesbian | +3 FRT
Seal Mane Rose Quartz Copper Pocketwatch Moonstone Morganite
Thank you for putting this together! Definitely a bit bothered by the changes to Ice eyes, especially considering that the Multi-Gaze ones still resemble the original tones, but this is still very helpful.
Thank you for putting this together! Definitely a bit bothered by the changes to Ice eyes, especially considering that the Multi-Gaze ones still resemble the original tones, but this is still very helpful.
CwvG2K8.gifu1yQTa6.gifF3LFtO5.gif6v7Mvy4.gif
i think the common colours were standardised more than anything else. it's like how some old colours changed slightly with the new colour wheel introduction. the eye colours used to vary quite a bit between breeds. i remember specifically that water guardian hatchlings always looked like shadow to me.
i think the common colours were standardised more than anything else. it's like how some old colours changed slightly with the new colour wheel introduction. the eye colours used to vary quite a bit between breeds. i remember specifically that water guardian hatchlings always looked like shadow to me.
VWPWMZp.png
Thank you for posting this! I was really baffled when some people were saying they didn't see a difference.
Thank you for posting this! I was really baffled when some people were saying they didn't see a difference.
6zNcd7H.pngBazwLZ8.png6zNcd7H.pngtWH342p.png5gGbdPu.pngtWH342p.png
@Lykos i actually got that pic from tumblr but i forgot the original source! apologies! i cant find it in my history heres a good comparison @weenyah linked earlier [img]http://www.ezimba.com/work/180608C/ezimba17509640319100.gif[/img]
@Lykos

i actually got that pic from tumblr but i forgot the original source! apologies! i cant find it in my history

heres a good comparison @weenyah linked earlier

ezimba17509640319100.gif
JD4sPWX.gif
Yeah while I definitely see a difference, the only ones I think were changed the most drastically were the shadow and ice.

I actually like some of the changes here. I like how Earth, light, lightning, nature, arcane, water and shadow are lighter. i DON'T like how much darker ice, plague, and wind is. I also don't like the new fire color.

That being said, I don't think this is as big as a problem as the fact that the newer colors are being randomized on us. So I don't care as much. I think people who are complaining have a right to be upset, but... I think we will all get used to this, just like we got used to the color wheel update except I'm still mad about seafoam and sky
Yeah while I definitely see a difference, the only ones I think were changed the most drastically were the shadow and ice.

I actually like some of the changes here. I like how Earth, light, lightning, nature, arcane, water and shadow are lighter. i DON'T like how much darker ice, plague, and wind is. I also don't like the new fire color.

That being said, I don't think this is as big as a problem as the fact that the newer colors are being randomized on us. So I don't care as much. I think people who are complaining have a right to be upset, but... I think we will all get used to this, just like we got used to the color wheel update except I'm still mad about seafoam and sky
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
1 2 3 4