Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye Types Poll | Final Version!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=4][url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSqXHhaukLsEdXapbaRBc0PE_3kbjYg-vZc1UonLGA4gtlRg/viewform?usp=pp_url]Click here for the third and final survey.[/url][/size] This is my final survey (bet some of you are relieved about that XD) about this subject. I am collecting responses about how everyone feels about these new eye types in order to formulate a clear, concise, helpful and unbiased suggestions thread, which reflects the attitude of the flight rising userbase. FAQ [u]Why are you making this so soon?[/u] I'm making this now for several reasons. First, some people might [i]leave[/i] because of this feature (though I acknowledge wholeheartedly that this is a minority) and I want to be able to gather their beliefs before they end up leaving over it, thus removing them from the pool of reactions. Second, this is fresh in everyone's mind, including the FR team, and now is likely the best opportunity we'll get to grab their attention on the subject. Third and final reason I can think of right now is that it will probably be harder to change as time goes on; if we let it slide, new features will be layed on top of this, and if we decide we don't want it [i]then[/i], it will be far too late to change it. [u]What will this be used for?[/u] I'm going to use this information to build a suggestions thread which reflects as much of the userbase as I can get. I want this to be reflective of the whole, rather than a single faction, and provide potential solutions which satisfy as many users as possible. Currently, suggestions involve revoking the retirement of scattersight, altering multigaze and/or Plague primal, adding new items to replace the role of scattersight/revert the eyes to the common variant, and other alterations which will improve the FR experience. [u]Will you be doing another survey?[/u] I will be doing one again someday, but not today, and probably not this week. I'll likely do another when it's had a while to sink in for the playerbase - there will likely be different results and I'll be able to edit and improve the suggestion thread to reflect a new attitude. [size=2]PINGLIST @NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @ Luca20 @ EndraPhoenix @ SariStar @ Tubermelon @ Doughnut @ Murakali @ Keryth @ Pipqu @ ElvenArtist @ Zhombi @ Vulpess [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2452907] Click here for the second survey![/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2452804/1#post_2452804] Click here for the first survey![/url] [/size] RESULTS [quote name="Catradora" date="2018-06-08 19:27:55" ] Here are the results from poll 3 so far, gathered from 255 responses. Q1 - Which flight are you in? Light - 18% Wind - 11.8% Ice - 9.8% Shadow - 9.4% Arcane, Nature, Lightning - 8.2% Earth - 7.1% Plague, Fire - 6.7% Water - 5.9% Q2 - How long have you been on FR? Since 2014 - 22.4% Since 2015 - 24.8% Since 2016 - 17.7% Since 2017 - 13.8% Since 2013 - 12.6% This year - 6.7% Since Kickstarter - 2% Q3 - How do you feel about the eye types? I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 34.1% I love it, I like it - 21.2% I love some, hate some - 13.3% I hate it - 2.7% I'm indifferent - 2.4% I dislike it - 2% Not sure how I feel yet - 1.6% 4 additional votes have the general concept of "There is one aspect I particularly dislike/the vial shouldn't retire" (at least, that's what I gather from it). Q4 - Which eye type is your favourite? Depends on the Dragon - 50% Primal - 39.8% Rare - 33.1% Glowing - 29.9% Original - 26.8% Multi-gaze - 22.8% Faceted - 19.7% Unusual - 13.4% Uncommon - 7.9% Common - 7.1% All of them - 4.7% Don't know yet - 1.6% None of them - 0.4% Additional votes described it as depending on the flight, depending on the dragon, liking only specific primal eyes, and generally being unable to choose. Q5 - Which eye type is your least favourite? Multi-gaze - 37.7% Depends on the dragon - 34.5% Primal - 24.6% Faceted - 22.6% Glowing - 11.5% Common, Uncommon - 10.7% Don't know yet - 9.5% None of them - 7.5% Unusual - 7.1% Rare - 4% Original - 1.6% The majority of the other votes indicated that Plague Primal was their least favourite eye type. Others generally indicated Plague and shadow primal, multigaze, and specific primal eye types. Q6 - Which of the following changes do you like best? Have 'revert to common' item - 82% Don't retire the Scattersight item - 70.6% Change common to original - 31.4% Change Plague primal and/or multigaze - 12.5% Add 'no body horror' button - 11.8% Add 'display as original' button - 11% Keep everything as is - 4.3% Other votes indicated a desire to see common stay and the originals return as well, see multigaze become a baldwin item rather than/as well as a breeding result, add more 'vial of x sight' items, and other similar alterations. Q7 - What is your biggest issue with this update? I can't revert to common - 43.5% I can't get the eyes I want easily enough - 39.6% I can't get the original eyes back - 29.8% I feel insulted/upset by the fact that the original eyes were changed without warning - 27.8% The eye colour has screwed with my dragons(lemon light eyes, weird/'soulless') - 22.7% I'm sensitive to body horror from Plague Primal - 13.3% I have no issues with this update - 9% I'm sensitive to body horror from multigaze - 7.8% Other votes, of which there were quite a few, indicated that people felt upset by the lack of time and warning to change their dragons, and the decision to make the items so drastically limited. Some indicate that all of the above issues are troubling them, and yet others inidicated a lack of control over their dragon's eyes was the main issue they had. Comments will be added soon, stay tuned! [/quote]
Click here for the third and final survey.

This is my final survey (bet some of you are relieved about that XD) about this subject. I am collecting responses about how everyone feels about these new eye types in order to formulate a clear, concise, helpful and unbiased suggestions thread, which reflects the attitude of the flight rising userbase.

FAQ

Why are you making this so soon?
I'm making this now for several reasons. First, some people might leave because of this feature (though I acknowledge wholeheartedly that this is a minority) and I want to be able to gather their beliefs before they end up leaving over it, thus removing them from the pool of reactions. Second, this is fresh in everyone's mind, including the FR team, and now is likely the best opportunity we'll get to grab their attention on the subject. Third and final reason I can think of right now is that it will probably be harder to change as time goes on; if we let it slide, new features will be layed on top of this, and if we decide we don't want it then, it will be far too late to change it.

What will this be used for?
I'm going to use this information to build a suggestions thread which reflects as much of the userbase as I can get. I want this to be reflective of the whole, rather than a single faction, and provide potential solutions which satisfy as many users as possible. Currently, suggestions involve revoking the retirement of scattersight, altering multigaze and/or Plague primal, adding new items to replace the role of scattersight/revert the eyes to the common variant, and other alterations which will improve the FR experience.

Will you be doing another survey?
I will be doing one again someday, but not today, and probably not this week. I'll likely do another when it's had a while to sink in for the playerbase - there will likely be different results and I'll be able to edit and improve the suggestion thread to reflect a new attitude.

PINGLIST

@NoctisNix @Silver202 @GalopaWXY @Tynnk @Olkai @commoncomitatus @slp0001 @Celes @snappdragon @Frandoll @SunstonePhoenix @Foxofwonders @menghuancat @Scryzze @ReCremisi @Layenne90 @Rainhead @PixelSpiral @Nigiri @Grunty @Disillusionist @MollyMerula @ Luca20 @ EndraPhoenix @ SariStar @ Tubermelon @ Doughnut @ Murakali @ Keryth @ Pipqu @ ElvenArtist @ Zhombi @ Vulpess
Click here for the second survey!

Click here for the first survey!

RESULTS
Catradora wrote on 2018-06-08 19:27:55:
Here are the results from poll 3 so far, gathered from 255 responses.

Q1 - Which flight are you in?

Light - 18%
Wind - 11.8%
Ice - 9.8%
Shadow - 9.4%
Arcane, Nature, Lightning - 8.2%
Earth - 7.1%
Plague, Fire - 6.7%
Water - 5.9%

Q2 - How long have you been on FR?

Since 2014 - 22.4%
Since 2015 - 24.8%
Since 2016 - 17.7%
Since 2017 - 13.8%
Since 2013 - 12.6%
This year - 6.7%
Since Kickstarter - 2%

Q3 - How do you feel about the eye types?

I think it was executed badly but like the idea - 34.1%
I love it, I like it - 21.2%
I love some, hate some - 13.3%
I hate it - 2.7%
I'm indifferent - 2.4%
I dislike it - 2%
Not sure how I feel yet - 1.6%

4 additional votes have the general concept of "There is one aspect I particularly dislike/the vial shouldn't retire" (at least, that's what I gather from it).

Q4 - Which eye type is your favourite?

Depends on the Dragon - 50%
Primal - 39.8%
Rare - 33.1%
Glowing - 29.9%
Original - 26.8%
Multi-gaze - 22.8%
Faceted - 19.7%
Unusual - 13.4%
Uncommon - 7.9%
Common - 7.1%
All of them - 4.7%
Don't know yet - 1.6%
None of them - 0.4%

Additional votes described it as depending on the flight, depending on the dragon, liking only specific primal eyes, and generally being unable to choose.

Q5 - Which eye type is your least favourite?

Multi-gaze - 37.7%
Depends on the dragon - 34.5%
Primal - 24.6%
Faceted - 22.6%
Glowing - 11.5%
Common, Uncommon - 10.7%
Don't know yet - 9.5%
None of them - 7.5%
Unusual - 7.1%
Rare - 4%
Original - 1.6%

The majority of the other votes indicated that Plague Primal was their least favourite eye type. Others generally indicated Plague and shadow primal, multigaze, and specific primal eye types.

Q6 - Which of the following changes do you like best?

Have 'revert to common' item - 82%
Don't retire the Scattersight item - 70.6%
Change common to original - 31.4%
Change Plague primal and/or multigaze - 12.5%
Add 'no body horror' button - 11.8%
Add 'display as original' button - 11%
Keep everything as is - 4.3%

Other votes indicated a desire to see common stay and the originals return as well, see multigaze become a baldwin item rather than/as well as a breeding result, add more 'vial of x sight' items, and other similar alterations.

Q7 - What is your biggest issue with this update?

I can't revert to common - 43.5%
I can't get the eyes I want easily enough - 39.6%
I can't get the original eyes back - 29.8%
I feel insulted/upset by the fact that the original eyes were changed without warning - 27.8%
The eye colour has screwed with my dragons(lemon light eyes, weird/'soulless') - 22.7%
I'm sensitive to body horror from Plague Primal - 13.3%
I have no issues with this update - 9%
I'm sensitive to body horror from multigaze - 7.8%

Other votes, of which there were quite a few, indicated that people felt upset by the lack of time and warning to change their dragons, and the decision to make the items so drastically limited. Some indicate that all of the above issues are troubling them, and yet others inidicated a lack of control over their dragon's eyes was the main issue they had.

Comments will be added soon, stay tuned!
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
and answered once more!
and answered once more!
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Answered!
Answered!
they/them
FR+2
Art Shop
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif
Took the survey.
Took the survey.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
Took the survey!
Took the survey!
I have linked it to some of my friends.
I'm really interested in the results. Could I get a ping or something when you publish those?
I have linked it to some of my friends.
I'm really interested in the results. Could I get a ping or something when you publish those?
rairai_by_thecomposerrn-dbrohjs.pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame_me_by_thecomposerrn-dbrogh4.png
Sure thing Luca! Adding you to the pinglist now, I'll ping you when I add the results - plan on tallying in exactly 20 minutes.
Sure thing Luca! Adding you to the pinglist now, I'll ping you when I add the results - plan on tallying in exactly 20 minutes.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Just a quick heads up, I'm taking my time on this one so I may be a while as I work on my written parts to best explain views 'n stuff~
Just a quick heads up, I'm taking my time on this one so I may be a while as I work on my written parts to best explain views 'n stuff~
Answered~
Answered~
food_white_masked_dustbug_by_dogi_crimson-dahwix8.gif
answered!
answered!
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
1 2 3 4 5 6