Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Anniversary guesses?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
The site rewrite isn't done, so we won't be getting Adventure Mode or a significant new feature on par with the Coli.

Predictions; first four are equally likely, then it goes in descending order:

Conclusion of BotE lore.
Tidelord returning with a new Water breed, to coincide with conclusion of BotE lore.
Art overhaul of bows, steampunk, simple jewellery, birdskulls, and other old non-fest/KS apparel I'm forgetting.
Opening of FR merch store.
Some fluff/hints to the site's future.
Teaser of new Joxbox items and/or something to replace vistas for the next round of festivals.
Return of Rated Match function.
An overhaul of dominance & exalting, the lair, or breeding as they're the central non-Coli features of FR.
Alternatively, admins are trolling & either give us a non-Water breed or something silly like a dolphin or a manatee with legs & tell us it's a Water breed.

... That said, I'm keeping my expectations low after last year, though I'm still hopeful they'll give us something worthy of a 5th Anniversary.
The site rewrite isn't done, so we won't be getting Adventure Mode or a significant new feature on par with the Coli.

Predictions; first four are equally likely, then it goes in descending order:

Conclusion of BotE lore.
Tidelord returning with a new Water breed, to coincide with conclusion of BotE lore.
Art overhaul of bows, steampunk, simple jewellery, birdskulls, and other old non-fest/KS apparel I'm forgetting.
Opening of FR merch store.
Some fluff/hints to the site's future.
Teaser of new Joxbox items and/or something to replace vistas for the next round of festivals.
Return of Rated Match function.
An overhaul of dominance & exalting, the lair, or breeding as they're the central non-Coli features of FR.
Alternatively, admins are trolling & either give us a non-Water breed or something silly like a dolphin or a manatee with legs & tell us it's a Water breed.

... That said, I'm keeping my expectations low after last year, though I'm still hopeful they'll give us something worthy of a 5th Anniversary.
Map update and a new breed, please
Map update and a new breed, please
unknown.png
The Tidelord will return and bring a new Water breed with him.
The Tidelord will return and bring a new Water breed with him.
WjyjP9T.pngtumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o2_100.png
It's been two years since we've gotten a new breed. Yes please
It's been two years since we've gotten a new breed. Yes please
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
chanting

new breed
new breed
new breed
chanting

new breed
new breed
new breed
Almost all of the ideas in this thread excite me greatly.

Hardly anyone called last year's though - it wouldn't surprise me if we get something perfectly logical and useful but unanticipated again this year.
Almost all of the ideas in this thread excite me greatly.

Hardly anyone called last year's though - it wouldn't surprise me if we get something perfectly logical and useful but unanticipated again this year.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I'm betting new breed or some kind of extra-special genes since those haven't been anniversary things yet, but what if: Adventure Mode.

Think about it. FR is turning 5 years old in less than a month. That's a pretty significant anniversary, wouldn't you say? And while a new breed does seem the proper way to celebrate it, there's also the potential for something more. In the past we've gotten big features, like Baldwin on the second anniversary, the colorwheel expansion on the third, and the dressing room last year. That's not to say we'll always get something like that on the anniversary of course, but it's worth noting.

Additionally, there's BotE. Every region in Sornieth just got majorly messed up somehow, and we've all been left wondering what's going to happen with that. I mean, one of our gods is missing, and there's an emperor rampaging across Light territory. You know what that sounds like to me? Quests. What better way to set up for adventure mode than by causing mayhem that we'll then get tossed into and have to solve?

I'm willing to bet that something big related to all of this is going to happen on the anniversary, and I don't see why this couldn't be it. As far as I know the feature hasn't been scrapped, and it's been something they've wanted to do since the beginning (since the link was still present for a while after the site opened). It might be a stretch, but wouldn't it be awesome?
I'm betting new breed or some kind of extra-special genes since those haven't been anniversary things yet, but what if: Adventure Mode.

Think about it. FR is turning 5 years old in less than a month. That's a pretty significant anniversary, wouldn't you say? And while a new breed does seem the proper way to celebrate it, there's also the potential for something more. In the past we've gotten big features, like Baldwin on the second anniversary, the colorwheel expansion on the third, and the dressing room last year. That's not to say we'll always get something like that on the anniversary of course, but it's worth noting.

Additionally, there's BotE. Every region in Sornieth just got majorly messed up somehow, and we've all been left wondering what's going to happen with that. I mean, one of our gods is missing, and there's an emperor rampaging across Light territory. You know what that sounds like to me? Quests. What better way to set up for adventure mode than by causing mayhem that we'll then get tossed into and have to solve?

I'm willing to bet that something big related to all of this is going to happen on the anniversary, and I don't see why this couldn't be it. As far as I know the feature hasn't been scrapped, and it's been something they've wanted to do since the beginning (since the link was still present for a while after the site opened). It might be a stretch, but wouldn't it be awesome?
[quote name="Prop" date="2018-05-14 14:51:26" ] [quote name="Twizzlet" date="2018-05-14 14:33:07" ] new breed NEW BREED NEW BREED [/quote] YES [/quote] Nay.
Prop wrote on 2018-05-14 14:51:26:
Twizzlet wrote on 2018-05-14 14:33:07:
new breed
NEW BREED
NEW BREED

YES

Nay.
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-05-15 12:52:46" ] [quote name="Prop" date="2018-05-14 14:51:26" ] [quote name="Twizzlet" date="2018-05-14 14:33:07" ] new breed NEW BREED NEW BREED [/quote] YES [/quote] Nay. [/quote] how D A R E
Aequorin wrote on 2018-05-15 12:52:46:
new breed
NEW BREED
NEW BREED

YES

Nay.
how D A R E
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-05-15 12:52:46" ] [quote name="Prop" date="2018-05-14 14:51:26" ] [quote name="Twizzlet" date="2018-05-14 14:33:07" ] new breed NEW BREED NEW BREED [/quote] YES [/quote] Nay. [/quote] :(
Aequorin wrote on 2018-05-15 12:52:46:
new breed
NEW BREED
NEW BREED

YES

Nay.

:(
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2