Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Familiar Giftbombing 1.0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][url=flightrising.com][/url] UPDATE: I've been super busy lately, and honestly too busy to keep this going at all; I barely have time to play Flight Rising. With this in mind, I'm planning on doing a mass giveaway soon to clear out my stock, which I'll handle in a new post. Thank you so much for all the support with this. I had a ton of fun doing it and hope to do it again sometime in the future, when I have more free time. [img]https://i.imgur.com/hFZbOZX.png[/img] [size=4][b]Number of people giftbombed: over 300[/b][/size] After the success of my [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2428092]original giftbombing experiment[/url], I've decided to keep going with this! I've made some changes to the process which you can read about below. [b]What's this?[/b] 'Giftbombing' is a term I've adopted for sending a message to a random player and gifting an item to them. I originally did this with food to be funny, and had intended to giftbomb 500 people - unfortunately, the spam block stopped me, and I ended up locked out of messages before I hit 70. I managed to edge my way up to 100 before deciding to rebuild it as this. [b]How it works[/b] Once a week, I'll send familiars from my own stores or from donations to 10 random players which I'll pluck off a list. I'll fill this list with users from the 'users online' tab (to ensure they're still somewhat active and will actually receive the present) as well as another method I'll state in a moment. These familiars will come primarily from the coliseum, but I DO accept donations for this, so familiars will also come from other users, however they wish to do so. Donated familiars will always be sent out before ones I've collected myself. [b]I want to do this too![/b] Go for it! Just don't forget that you'll be blocked from messaging for a few hours if you send too many at once. Whether you decide to help out me specifically or strike out on your own, I wish you luck! I'd be happy to hear about how giftbombing turned out for you c: [size=2]oh and if you want to help me specifically just ask and I'll add you to the pinglist :)[/size] [b]Changes[/b] I'll be sending out 10 per week on Saturdays, 20 during holidays if all goes well. This is to avoid the spam-blocker, as after the 'messaging rate' goes above a certain number the system just plain stops you sending messages. You can now recommend other players! @ me on this thread and give me a playername and why you recommend I add them to the list - maybe they were nice lately or had a bad day, or you just want to see them get something nice! I'll add them to the list of random players, giving them a chance of being selected for a giftbomb from me![size=1]if you suggest yourself I will send you a frowny face and I won't add you to the list[/size] Please note that you cannot recommend admins or moderators, as rules pertaining to their position mean it is unlikely they will be able to accept said gifts. Users who respond to giftbombs will be added to a list at the end of this post, in case they were confused or worried about the message. Players who do NOT want giftbombs can @ me on this thread or message me personally, and I will add them to a separate list which I will check to ensure they do not receive unwanted messages. [size=1][b]Pinglist[/b] @Keryth @Borkbean @GlassJungle @GeriVl @Stri ----- Big thanks to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=135979]Maevepanda[/url] for making the banners! [/size] Big thanks to silverein for making the signature icon! [/center]

UPDATE:
I've been super busy lately, and honestly too busy to keep this going at all; I barely have time to play Flight Rising. With this in mind, I'm planning on doing a mass giveaway soon to clear out my stock, which I'll handle in a new post.

Thank you so much for all the support with this. I had a ton of fun doing it and hope to do it again sometime in the future, when I have more free time.

hFZbOZX.png

Number of people giftbombed: over 300

After the success of my original giftbombing experiment, I've decided to keep going with this! I've made some changes to the process which you can read about below.

What's this?
'Giftbombing' is a term I've adopted for sending a message to a random player and gifting an item to them. I originally did this with food to be funny, and had intended to giftbomb 500 people - unfortunately, the spam block stopped me, and I ended up locked out of messages before I hit 70. I managed to edge my way up to 100 before deciding to rebuild it as this.

How it works
Once a week, I'll send familiars from my own stores or from donations to 10 random players which I'll pluck off a list. I'll fill this list with users from the 'users online' tab (to ensure they're still somewhat active and will actually receive the present) as well as another method I'll state in a moment.

These familiars will come primarily from the coliseum, but I DO accept donations for this, so familiars will also come from other users, however they wish to do so. Donated familiars will always be sent out before ones I've collected myself.

I want to do this too!
Go for it! Just don't forget that you'll be blocked from messaging for a few hours if you send too many at once. Whether you decide to help out me specifically or strike out on your own, I wish you luck! I'd be happy to hear about how giftbombing turned out for you c:
oh and if you want to help me specifically just ask and I'll add you to the pinglist :)

Changes

I'll be sending out 10 per week on Saturdays, 20 during holidays if all goes well. This is to avoid the spam-blocker, as after the 'messaging rate' goes above a certain number the system just plain stops you sending messages.

You can now recommend other players! @ me on this thread and give me a playername and why you recommend I add them to the list - maybe they were nice lately or had a bad day, or you just want to see them get something nice! I'll add them to the list of random players, giving them a chance of being selected for a giftbomb from me!if you suggest yourself I will send you a frowny face and I won't add you to the list
Please note that you cannot recommend admins or moderators, as rules pertaining to their position mean it is unlikely they will be able to accept said gifts.

Users who respond to giftbombs will be added to a list at the end of this post, in case they were confused or worried about the message.

Players who do NOT want giftbombs can @ me on this thread or message me personally, and I will add them to a separate list which I will check to ensure they do not receive unwanted messages.

Pinglist
@Keryth @Borkbean @GlassJungle @GeriVl @Stri

Big thanks to Maevepanda for making the banners!

Big thanks to silverein for making the signature icon!
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
[center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/t1b9c8D.png[/img] [u]Donated - TYSM![/u] [i]PS guys I love you all you're incredibly generous but if you're considering donating please maybe don't, I actually have too many and if I get any more I'll start struggling to keep track[/i] [item=Mossy Cerdae][item=Wasteland Collector][item=Storm Seeker][item=Wildwood Owl][item=Umbra Wolf][item=Emerald Cave Jewel][item=Elk][item=Ectoplasmime][item=Double-Tailed Warcat][item=Warcat Protector][item=Longneck Mender][item=Iridescent Scaleback][item=Scaleback][item=Sprangyroo][item=Sparkling Stinger][item=Sludge Sifter][item=Armored Greatowl][item=Armored Greatowl][item=Raptorik Bladedancer][item=Stormclaw Showman][item=Hulking Greatowl][item=Longneck Scrapper][item=Mirage Puffer][item=Boran Veteran][item=Baku][item=Heartred Croaker][item=Bumble][item=Gaseous Megashrimp][item=Moordwelling Trunker][item=Hippocampus][item=Sandshore Snipper][item=Fiendcat][item=Fiendcat][item=Firebelly Weaver][item=Chipskink][item=Spotted Faun][item=Barkskin Watcher][item=Hulking Greatowl][item=Scaleside Noggle][item=Creeping Tendril][item=Ball-jointed Bogsneak][item=Bogsneak puppet][item=Crystal Carrier][item=Glowing Globe][item=Masked Phantom][item=Veilved Vision][item=Blackwing Croaker][item=Serthis Potionmaster][item=Proto Manticore][item=Manticore Screamer][item=Extinguished Jackalope][item=Tatterwing Carcass][item=Shatterbone Vulture][item=Longneck Scholar][item=Relic Eel][item=Steam Gyre][item=Opheodrys Serthis][item=Wildwood Owl][item=Clown Charger][item=Fuiran][item=Noggle][item=Greatshell][item=Hooded dodo][item=Moordwelling Trunker][item=Kelp Tender][item=Nochnyr][item=Janustrap][item=Serthis Alchemist][item=Raptorik warrior][item=King Parda][item=Empress Beetle][item=Barred Skira][item=Depin][item=Crimson Emperor][item=Duskthicket Bonepicker][item=Brightwing Dwarf Hainu][item=Garden Watcher][item=hedgehog][item=Cursed Bat][item=Runic Bat][item=Bramble Guardian][item=Blue Dragon Reef Snail][item=Crimson Reef Snail][item=Citrine Cave Jewel][item=Citrine Cave Jewel][item=Red-Breasted Hainu][item=Southmarsh Podid][item=Common Podid][item=Venomous Toridae][item=Common Podid][item=Shalebuck][item=Blackwing Croaker][item=Moordwelling Trunker][item=Tigerblood Foo][item=Venomblade Assassin][item=Tufted Leaf Beetle][item=Fan Scorpion][item=Giant White Toridae][item=Sludge sifter][item=Riptide Clipper][item=Sparkling Stinger][item=Zeeba][item=Hippalectryon][item=Maned Cerdae][item=Sunbeam Dryad][item=Goliath Mountain Beetle][item=Harvest hardshell][item=Harvest hardshell][item=Plantation Pincher][item=Plantation pincher] If you sent me familiars and they aren't listed in any of the posts here, please poke me and ask about their fate - it's likely I simply forgot to count them up >.< If I don't have any others to send out I'll supplement the Giftbombing with familiars I have in my vault. I tried to calculate them all but tbh I have maybe 6-10 pages and my fingers would kill me if I listed them out ----- Note 10th July: I got [i]so many donations[/i] and I actually can't keep up with them at the moment because I'm really really sick. So if you donated and you don't see them here, it's because I'm kind of unable to get out of bed and sit at a computer ;-; [s]and also I am NOT listing all these on mobile[/s] Note 12th July: Phew, all listed! If yours didn't get on this list, please message me and I'll get to it just as soon as I can. Note 16th July: Missed the giftbombing... again... I'll do 20 or 30 when Thundercrack starts, I've been up for over 24 hours and don't have the brainpower for this right now. ;-; Note 24th July: RIP, missed it again. Will be giftbombing throughout the week instead, starting tonight.

t1b9c8D.png

Donated - TYSM!
PS guys I love you all you're incredibly generous but if you're considering donating please maybe don't, I actually have too many and if I get any more I'll start struggling to keep track

Mossy Cerdae Wasteland Collector Storm Seeker Wildwood Owl Umbra Wolf Emerald Cave Jewel Elk Ectoplasmime Double-Tailed Warcat Warcat Protector Longneck Mender Iridescent Scaleback Scaleback Sprangyroo Sparkling Stinger Sludge Sifter Armored Greatowl Armored Greatowl Raptorik Bladedancer Stormclaw Showman Hulking Greatowl Longneck Scrapper Mirage Puffer Boran Veteran Baku Heartred Croaker Bumble Gaseous Megashrimp Moordwelling Trunker Hippocampus Sandshore Snipper Fiendcat Fiendcat Firebelly Weaver Chipskink Spotted Faun Barkskin Watcher Hulking Greatowl Scaleside Noggle Creeping Tendril Ball-Jointed Bogsneak Bogsneak Puppet Crystal Carrier Glowing Globe Masked Phantom Blackwing Croaker Serthis Potionmaster Proto Manticore Manticore Screamer Extinguished Jackalope Tatterwing Carcass Shatterbone Vulture Longneck Scholar Relic Eel Steam Gyre Opheodrys Serthis Wildwood Owl Clown Charger Fuiran Noggle Greatshell Hooded Dodo Moordwelling Trunker Kelp Tender Nochnyr Janustrap Serthis Alchemist Raptorik Warrior King Parda Empress Beetle Barred Skira Depin Crimson Emperor Duskthicket Bonepicker Brightwing Dwarf Hainu Garden Watcher Hedgehog Cursed Bat Runic Bat Bramble Guardian Blue Dragon Reef Snail Crimson Reef Snail Citrine Cave Jewel Citrine Cave Jewel Red-Breasted Hainu Southmarsh Podid Common Podid Venomous Toridae Common Podid Shalebuck Blackwing Croaker Moordwelling Trunker Tigerblood Foo Venomblade Assassin Tufted Leaf Beetle Fan Scorpion Giant White Toridae Sludge Sifter Riptide Clipper Sparkling Stinger Zeeba Hippalectryon Maned Cerdae Sunbeam Dryad Goliath Mountain Beetle Harvest Hardshell Harvest Hardshell Plantation Pincher Plantation Pincher

If you sent me familiars and they aren't listed in any of the posts here, please poke me and ask about their fate - it's likely I simply forgot to count them up >.<

If I don't have any others to send out I'll supplement the Giftbombing with familiars I have in my vault. I tried to calculate them all but tbh I have maybe 6-10 pages and my fingers would kill me if I listed them out
Note 10th July: I got so many donations and I actually can't keep up with them at the moment because I'm really really sick. So if you donated and you don't see them here, it's because I'm kind of unable to get out of bed and sit at a computer ;-; and also I am NOT listing all these on mobile

Note 12th July: Phew, all listed! If yours didn't get on this list, please message me and I'll get to it just as soon as I can.

Note 16th July: Missed the giftbombing... again... I'll do 20 or 30 when Thundercrack starts, I've been up for over 24 hours and don't have the brainpower for this right now. ;-;

Note 24th July: RIP, missed it again. Will be giftbombing throughout the week instead, starting tonight.
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
[center][size=4][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1meb0no1MFCbon7Y67cvzmHevv9GfvQCASWlh82PSBAo/edit?usp=sharing]List of users to Giftbomb[/url] ~I find users by checking the "Users Online" page -- you can find it beneath the Flight Rising logo!~ ~Please @ me with the username of a friend you think should be giftbombed!~ [size=4] Funds: 84g | 161,100t[/size] Possible uses: -Purchase more familiars -Art for the thread (banner art, buttons, etc) ---- Art by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=122094]silverein![/url] (You'll see this if you get a giftbomb message or in the signatures of players who help me out and decide to use it.) [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/edfd5f7077751dd6b8ce8734cfb773c2/tumblr_pglmijdfIN1w18p86o3_r1_400.png[/img] [code] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/edfd5f7077751dd6b8ce8734cfb773c2/tumblr_pglmijdfIN1w18p86o3_r1_400.png[/img] [/code] Feel free to post here :) I'd love to hear from you!
List of users to Giftbomb

~I find users by checking the "Users Online" page -- you can find it beneath the Flight Rising logo!~

~Please @ me with the username of a friend you think should be giftbombed!~

Funds: 84g | 161,100t
Possible uses:
-Purchase more familiars
-Art for the thread (banner art, buttons, etc)
----

Art by silverein! (You'll see this if you get a giftbomb message or in the signatures of players who help me out and decide to use it.)
tumblr_pglmijdfIN1w18p86o3_r1_400.png
Code:
[img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/edfd5f7077751dd6b8ce8734cfb773c2/tumblr_pglmijdfIN1w18p86o3_r1_400.png[/img]
Feel free to post here :) I'd love to hear from you!
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Catadora this is blessed.

bless this thread.

@Phrixi @Emberlight @Blazexfyre @Brightshadow @Arctini @Wendy192837

bless this thread.

@Phrixi @Emberlight @Blazexfyre @Brightshadow @Arctini @Wendy192837
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
[quote name="Borkbean" date="2018-05-01 12:57:31" ] @Catadora this is blessed. [/quote] [size=1]psst @Borkbean it's Catradora hahaha[/size]
Borkbean wrote on 2018-05-01 12:57:31:

psst @Borkbean it's Catradora hahaha
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
also, catradora, will donate after goofing around in mire for a bit.. (ping once we're giftbombing?)
also, catradora, will donate after goofing around in mire for a bit.. (ping once we're giftbombing?)
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
^^^ YES!!! BLESS (AND THANK YOU WOW WHAT)

@Catradora you are a sweetheart, here is recommend:

@dragon564738

((I would tag more but Borkbean has already done so XD))
^^^ YES!!! BLESS (AND THANK YOU WOW WHAT)

@Catradora you are a sweetheart, here is recommend:

@dragon564738

((I would tag more but Borkbean has already done so XD))
forum_siggyyyyyy_by_lightningwingskye-dceazus.jpg
Sure, I'll ping you when the giftbombing begins! (psst, anyone think I should do this on the 4th as well for the May the 4th thing? That would be fun!)
Sure, I'll ping you when the giftbombing begins! (psst, anyone think I should do this on the 4th as well for the May the 4th thing? That would be fun!)
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Definitely do it on that date! May the 4th be with you XD
Definitely do it on that date! May the 4th be with you XD
forum_siggyyyyyy_by_lightningwingskye-dceazus.jpg
@Arctini Added your friend to the list :) (also added the list for people to view hehe)

And I think I will do one on May the 4th! I wonder if there are any starwars themed familiars...
@Arctini Added your friend to the list :) (also added the list for people to view hehe)

And I think I will do one on May the 4th! I wonder if there are any starwars themed familiars...
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9