Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [WC] Letters from the Exalted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/MptuxxL.png[/img][color=9ACD32][size=6][u][b]~Wind~[/b][/u][/size][img]https://i.imgur.com/MptuxxL.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=101&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&gender=0&tert=31&tertgene=6&winggene=1&wings=100&auth=02704f8561e3a06daa11c2af47e498013a509ffb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Dear Wind Flight, Hi there! My name’s Zeph. Well, technically my birth name is Noodle, but when I first joined the Tidelord’s services they said that I could pick a new name if I wanted to, so I took the name Zeph because I like zephyrs so now I’m Zeph Noodle, but everyone calls me Speedtalker because I talk really fast. Where was I? Oh yeah, I’m one of Tidelord’s Exalts, and as you can probably guess from my picture I’m originally from Wind Flight. Now I love serving the Tidelord, but that wasn’t always the case. I joined the Tidelord’s service because Water was having a dominance battle with some other flight a while back ago (don’t remember which one) and my clan thought that being exalted would be good for me. (Didn’t hurt that the Exalts would pay them a lot of treasure in exchange for me signing up.) At first I was like, “oh noooo, I don’t wanna be an Exalt and fight in dominance battles like other Exalts do, I’m bad at fighting and I just ran and hid while the trainers did all the fighting for me, please don’t make me fight oh noooooo.” But then I found out that I didn’t have to fight if I didn’t want to - there were a whole bunch of other jobs I could have if I wanted them. And when I told my supervisor how I much I loved flying, and how I used to race my friends back in the Reedcleft Ascent to see who could fly farthest and fastest, he found the perfect place for me - the SoaTC Postal Service. Now I know what you guys are thinking - “Zeph, there are already courier dragons. What does the Sea of a Thousand Currents need a postal service for?” Well you see, the courier dragons mainly deal with delivering packages to and from the Auction House. If a clan wants to send a letter or package to another clan, and they don’t have their own messenger dragon or it’s too far, they call on us! We pick up their mail and deliver it to wherever it needs to go! Er, so long as it’s within the Sea, of course. If mail needs to go somewhere else, we usually drop it off with the Exalts in that territory, and pick up mail headed to Water territory. It’s also a great chance to exchange gossip with other flights, and catch up on the news. We also do a lot of messenger work for other Exalts - usually it’s relaying orders from one base to another, or delivering prophecies to whoever needs them, and other important Exalt information and such. Where was I? Oh right, what your Exalts are up to. We get a lot of Wind dragons in the postal service, for obvious reasons. We’re one of the few elements who can make underwater deliveries (and there are a lot of underwater deliveries) by wrapping air currents in a bubble around us so we can breathe underwater, we’re great flyers so deliveries get done quickly and with no (well, few) mishaps, and we love adventure - to most Wind dragons, flying all over the Sea of a Thousand Currents sounds like fun! As one of the best maildragons in the service, naturally I get the honor of showing newcomers the ropes. I teach them how to seal their mail pouches properly so water doesn’t leak in and ruin the mail, how to sort and deliver mail, and of course how to remember their mail route so that everybody gets their mail on time. That last one is especially tricky - Water may be one of the smaller flights, but the Sea is still huge! But don’t worry, they’ll figure it out soon enough. I remember back when I first started, I had no idea how I was supposed to deliver a letter addressed to Fishspine Reef, Rainbow Atoll, Green Staghorn Coral, 3rd Cave from the Left, but now I can totally find that place in my sleep! (I actually have delivered mail in my sleep. But don’t tell my supervisor that; he’d have my head on a trident if he knew.) Anyways I’ve been rambling on for a long time now and I still have a bunch of mail I need to deliver so I need to cut this short. Thanks for sending Exalts from Wind Flight! And if you ever see me or another maildragon doing our rounds while you’re in Water celebrating Wavecrest, feel free to wave and say hi! We’ll probably say hi back! Best wishes! Zeph “Speedtalker” Noodle [/center]
MptuxxL.png~Wind~MptuxxL.png

dragon?age=1&body=101&bodygene=1&breed=7&element=3&gender=0&tert=31&tertgene=6&winggene=1&wings=100&auth=02704f8561e3a06daa11c2af47e498013a509ffb&dummyext=prev.png

Dear Wind Flight,

Hi there! My name’s Zeph. Well, technically my birth name is Noodle, but when I first joined the Tidelord’s services they said that I could pick a new name if I wanted to, so I took the name Zeph because I like zephyrs so now I’m Zeph Noodle, but everyone calls me Speedtalker because I talk really fast. Where was I? Oh yeah, I’m one of Tidelord’s Exalts, and as you can probably guess from my picture I’m originally from Wind Flight. Now I love serving the Tidelord, but that wasn’t always the case. I joined the Tidelord’s service because Water was having a dominance battle with some other flight a while back ago (don’t remember which one) and my clan thought that being exalted would be good for me. (Didn’t hurt that the Exalts would pay them a lot of treasure in exchange for me signing up.) At first I was like, “oh noooo, I don’t wanna be an Exalt and fight in dominance battles like other Exalts do, I’m bad at fighting and I just ran and hid while the trainers did all the fighting for me, please don’t make me fight oh noooooo.” But then I found out that I didn’t have to fight if I didn’t want to - there were a whole bunch of other jobs I could have if I wanted them. And when I told my supervisor how I much I loved flying, and how I used to race my friends back in the Reedcleft Ascent to see who could fly farthest and fastest, he found the perfect place for me - the SoaTC Postal Service.

Now I know what you guys are thinking - “Zeph, there are already courier dragons. What does the Sea of a Thousand Currents need a postal service for?” Well you see, the courier dragons mainly deal with delivering packages to and from the Auction House. If a clan wants to send a letter or package to another clan, and they don’t have their own messenger dragon or it’s too far, they call on us! We pick up their mail and deliver it to wherever it needs to go! Er, so long as it’s within the Sea, of course. If mail needs to go somewhere else, we usually drop it off with the Exalts in that territory, and pick up mail headed to Water territory. It’s also a great chance to exchange gossip with other flights, and catch up on the news. We also do a lot of messenger work for other Exalts - usually it’s relaying orders from one base to another, or delivering prophecies to whoever needs them, and other important Exalt information and such.

Where was I? Oh right, what your Exalts are up to. We get a lot of Wind dragons in the postal service, for obvious reasons. We’re one of the few elements who can make underwater deliveries (and there are a lot of underwater deliveries) by wrapping air currents in a bubble around us so we can breathe underwater, we’re great flyers so deliveries get done quickly and with no (well, few) mishaps, and we love adventure - to most Wind dragons, flying all over the Sea of a Thousand Currents sounds like fun! As one of the best maildragons in the service, naturally I get the honor of showing newcomers the ropes. I teach them how to seal their mail pouches properly so water doesn’t leak in and ruin the mail, how to sort and deliver mail, and of course how to remember their mail route so that everybody gets their mail on time. That last one is especially tricky - Water may be one of the smaller flights, but the Sea is still huge! But don’t worry, they’ll figure it out soon enough. I remember back when I first started, I had no idea how I was supposed to deliver a letter addressed to Fishspine Reef, Rainbow Atoll, Green Staghorn Coral, 3rd Cave from the Left, but now I can totally find that place in my sleep! (I actually have delivered mail in my sleep. But don’t tell my supervisor that; he’d have my head on a trident if he knew.)

Anyways I’ve been rambling on for a long time now and I still have a bunch of mail I need to deliver so I need to cut this short. Thanks for sending Exalts from Wind Flight! And if you ever see me or another maildragon doing our rounds while you’re in Water celebrating Wavecrest, feel free to wave and say hi! We’ll probably say hi back!

Best wishes!
Zeph “Speedtalker” Noodle

Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising Pinglist, please!
@tigressRising Pinglist, please!
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
@Lightningwind @Hokayse @RaiStarDragon @Chaosarceus @FaeWolfling @DazzlingSnek @Hexingisfun @HeyPiezanos @fuwafuwa @MoonEclispe @SilentRiver @Taiyou @CoralGrove @thistlestars @KairinRose @Wildtail @InkedMyths @britonro

Two new messages in bottles have washed ashore - Earth and Wind have sent their letters!

@SnoringHyena @AnnieBee @GreatLordHades Thank you so much! You've been added to the pinglist!
@Lightningwind @Hokayse @RaiStarDragon @Chaosarceus @FaeWolfling @DazzlingSnek @Hexingisfun @HeyPiezanos @fuwafuwa @MoonEclispe @SilentRiver @Taiyou @CoralGrove @thistlestars @KairinRose @Wildtail @InkedMyths @britonro

Two new messages in bottles have washed ashore - Earth and Wind have sent their letters!

@SnoringHyena @AnnieBee @GreatLordHades Thank you so much! You've been added to the pinglist!
Na5WGHa.png
Aww I love Zeph and Simall! The entries so far have been amazing and the way their flight is incorporated into their job is such a nice touch.
Aww I love Zeph and Simall! The entries so far have been amazing and the way their flight is incorporated into their job is such a nice touch.
PAo2UkJ.png > Kneph/Worm

> He/They/It

> +3 FR
@tigressRising

This is such a clever idea and I am thoroughly enjoying your writing style! Please add me to the pinglist for new letters.
@tigressRising

This is such a clever idea and I am thoroughly enjoying your writing style! Please add me to the pinglist for new letters.
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
@Lonefox Thank you! You've been added to the pinglist.
@Lonefox Thank you! You've been added to the pinglist.
Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising I second everything @Lonefox says! I struggle a lot with exalt lore and this gives me a ton of great ideas! And it's super fun to read! Thank you for sharing and if you could add me to the pinglist I would be delighted~

As an Arcanite I cannot wait to see what our guys do.

hopefully not just blowing things up and making life hard...
@tigressRising I second everything @Lonefox says! I struggle a lot with exalt lore and this gives me a ton of great ideas! And it's super fun to read! Thank you for sharing and if you could add me to the pinglist I would be delighted~

As an Arcanite I cannot wait to see what our guys do.

hopefully not just blowing things up and making life hard...
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
@tigressRising

I'm loving these letters! May I be added to the pinglist? Can't wait to see the rest!
@tigressRising

I'm loving these letters! May I be added to the pinglist? Can't wait to see the rest!
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
these letters are super cute and a v v v good idea <33 i love how they're written in character and give a glimpse into the life of an exalt from various flights
why do i relate to zeph so much
excited for the nature and light letters so i can see how my exalts to the tidelord are doin!!
these letters are super cute and a v v v good idea <33 i love how they're written in character and give a glimpse into the life of an exalt from various flights
why do i relate to zeph so much
excited for the nature and light letters so i can see how my exalts to the tidelord are doin!!
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@Jeevas @TheWhiteTigerGod Thanks for your interest! Adding you two to the pinglist.
@Jeevas @TheWhiteTigerGod Thanks for your interest! Adding you two to the pinglist.
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9