Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [WC] Letters from the Exalted
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@tigressRising
Oh, this is a wonderful idea!! May I be added to the pinglist?
@tigressRising
Oh, this is a wonderful idea!! May I be added to the pinglist?
reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there
@SilentRiver @Taiyou @CoralGrove @thistlestars
You've all been added to the pinglist!
@SilentRiver @Taiyou @CoralGrove @thistlestars
You've all been added to the pinglist!
Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising this is Good pls add me to the pinglist! qwq
@tigressRising this is Good pls add me to the pinglist! qwq
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@tigreeRising May I be added to the pinglist please?
@tigreeRising May I be added to the pinglist please?
V27Q7od.png
Add me to the pinglist please!
Add me to the pinglist please!
Wishlist here!
*strums ukulele in a terrible rendition of Wonderwall*
Life & Death Reborn
Oh hey I have a hatchery now!
-
Uh oh, guess who has a Skin Shop now too
@tigressRising I’d love to be on the ping list!
@tigressRising I’d love to be on the ping list!
6MRN2CB.png
@KairinRose @Wildtail @InkedMyths @britonro All of you have been added to the pinglist! Thank you for the support!
@KairinRose @Wildtail @InkedMyths @britonro All of you have been added to the pinglist! Thank you for the support!
Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising
Please add me to the pinglist
@tigressRising
Please add me to the pinglist
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
@tigressRising I love this, please add me to the pingliat! You're a very talented writer, and this is a.really cool idea
@tigressRising I love this, please add me to the pingliat! You're a very talented writer, and this is a.really cool idea
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/kfxJOlL.png[/img][color=976733][size=6][u][b]~Earth~[/b][/u][/size][img]https://i.imgur.com/kfxJOlL.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=162&bodygene=21&breed=9&element=1&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=4&winggene=14&wings=83&auth=0f56d7526e41018f23edeec91cc3c8d8ca838c9d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Dear Earth Flight, Salutations! My name is Simall Stonecarver, son of Ridark Stonecarver, son of Binael Stonecarver… Oh, but if I listed my entire lineage we’d be here all day. I’m one of the oldest Exalts in the Tidelord’s service, which is why Ryppal asked me if I would write a letter to my previous Flight on what service to the Tidelord is like. No doubt she thought that my experience and ancient wisdom should be preserved and passed down to the younger generation, so naturally I agreed. I exalted myself to the Tidelord when I was but a young dragon, just entering the bloom of adulthood. Before then I had grown up upon the shattered plains of Dragonhome, raised by a small but tight-knit clan consisting entirely of my immediate and extended family. Life in Dragonhome was pleasant, but in my youth I craved adventure. So I packed my things, and set off on a journey to see Sornieth. Throughout my travels I saw many beautiful sights, but the most striking one of all was the sight of the Sea of a Thousand Currents crashing against the coast - sometimes lapping gently against sandy shores, sometimes crashing against rocky cliffs, sometimes blue or green or gray but always changing - so unlike the steady Earth I had known. I suppose that is why I chose to exalt myself to the Tidelord at the end of my journey - so that I could stay by the sea forever. The Tidelord’s Exalts work in many different professions - mine is lair excavation and road repair. While obviously most dragons travel across the Sea through swimming or flight, there are still roads that stretch along the beaches and coastlines at the edge of Water’s territory. I am one of the many Exalts who work to maintain these pathways, repairing old and damaged roads as well as constructing new ones. We’ve been especially busy since the hurricane hit, as the waves washed away most of the roads in the north side of the Sea and new ones had to be built. How we build a road is: once a new road has been planned out, any obstacles in the path are removed and the land is levelled using a combination of Earth magic and special construction machines made in the Shifting Expanse. We spray the exposed surface - usually a mixture of sand and dirt - down with water, and then compact it as much as possible. After that we would normally cover the road with gravel, wooden planks, or stone bricks, depending on the location and expected amount of traffic so that the roads won’t turn into mud when they get wet. However, after the hurricane, we’ve been looking into more permanent ways of paving roads should another storm like that ever happen again. I’m most excited about a new substance an Exalt I work with has created called “concrete.” He says he invented it by crushing limestone, seashells, sand, and other rocks and combining the powdered mixture with water. Concrete starts out as something similar to wet mud, but once it dries it turns as hard as stone. We’re still figuring out what proportion of ingredients creates the best concrete, but once we do our roads will be stronger and sturdier than ever. Many Earth dragons who are exalted to the Tidelord often find themselves in my division. This is no surprise - carving stone, tamping down soil, and digging in dirt is something that comes naturally to most Earth dragons, and many of them find it quite soothing to do something so familiar. Some of them assist with road construction and repair, either with paving roads or with digging out ditches and sewers for water drainage. Others help clans build and renovate their lairs - sometimes the newest clans lack the skill or labor needed to expand their own lairs, so when they pay their expansion fees to one of Tidelord’s shrines, the shrine attendants will send us to assist as government-sponsored construction workers. Building a lair is hard work, especially when hollowing out caves or carving buildings into the face of a cliff. But it is satisfying work, and when the last wall is lifted into place and a project is finished, I do not see one face who isn’t smiling from a job well done. Some Exalts serve their flight by fighting off invaders, or using their Foresight to anticipate future threats. We serve our flight by creating homes and pathways - and we are proud to do so. Unfortunately it seems that I’ve run out of paper, so I must end things here. I hope you enjoyed my explanation on road building and construction. (Of course you do - who couldn’t be interested by such fascinating topics?) I wish you all a happy Wavecrest - and when you travel along a road built and maintained by Exalts, hopefully you will be able to appreciate the hard work that went into helping you travel to your next destination. Sincerely, Simall Stonecarver [/center]
kfxJOlL.png~Earth~kfxJOlL.png

dragon?age=1&body=162&bodygene=21&breed=9&element=1&gender=0&tert=140&tertgene=4&winggene=14&wings=83&auth=0f56d7526e41018f23edeec91cc3c8d8ca838c9d&dummyext=prev.png

Dear Earth Flight,

Salutations! My name is Simall Stonecarver, son of Ridark Stonecarver, son of Binael Stonecarver… Oh, but if I listed my entire lineage we’d be here all day. I’m one of the oldest Exalts in the Tidelord’s service, which is why Ryppal asked me if I would write a letter to my previous Flight on what service to the Tidelord is like. No doubt she thought that my experience and ancient wisdom should be preserved and passed down to the younger generation, so naturally I agreed. I exalted myself to the Tidelord when I was but a young dragon, just entering the bloom of adulthood. Before then I had grown up upon the shattered plains of Dragonhome, raised by a small but tight-knit clan consisting entirely of my immediate and extended family. Life in Dragonhome was pleasant, but in my youth I craved adventure. So I packed my things, and set off on a journey to see Sornieth. Throughout my travels I saw many beautiful sights, but the most striking one of all was the sight of the Sea of a Thousand Currents crashing against the coast - sometimes lapping gently against sandy shores, sometimes crashing against rocky cliffs, sometimes blue or green or gray but always changing - so unlike the steady Earth I had known. I suppose that is why I chose to exalt myself to the Tidelord at the end of my journey - so that I could stay by the sea forever.

The Tidelord’s Exalts work in many different professions - mine is lair excavation and road repair. While obviously most dragons travel across the Sea through swimming or flight, there are still roads that stretch along the beaches and coastlines at the edge of Water’s territory. I am one of the many Exalts who work to maintain these pathways, repairing old and damaged roads as well as constructing new ones. We’ve been especially busy since the hurricane hit, as the waves washed away most of the roads in the north side of the Sea and new ones had to be built. How we build a road is: once a new road has been planned out, any obstacles in the path are removed and the land is levelled using a combination of Earth magic and special construction machines made in the Shifting Expanse. We spray the exposed surface - usually a mixture of sand and dirt - down with water, and then compact it as much as possible. After that we would normally cover the road with gravel, wooden planks, or stone bricks, depending on the location and expected amount of traffic so that the roads won’t turn into mud when they get wet. However, after the hurricane, we’ve been looking into more permanent ways of paving roads should another storm like that ever happen again. I’m most excited about a new substance an Exalt I work with has created called “concrete.” He says he invented it by crushing limestone, seashells, sand, and other rocks and combining the powdered mixture with water. Concrete starts out as something similar to wet mud, but once it dries it turns as hard as stone. We’re still figuring out what proportion of ingredients creates the best concrete, but once we do our roads will be stronger and sturdier than ever.

Many Earth dragons who are exalted to the Tidelord often find themselves in my division. This is no surprise - carving stone, tamping down soil, and digging in dirt is something that comes naturally to most Earth dragons, and many of them find it quite soothing to do something so familiar. Some of them assist with road construction and repair, either with paving roads or with digging out ditches and sewers for water drainage. Others help clans build and renovate their lairs - sometimes the newest clans lack the skill or labor needed to expand their own lairs, so when they pay their expansion fees to one of Tidelord’s shrines, the shrine attendants will send us to assist as government-sponsored construction workers. Building a lair is hard work, especially when hollowing out caves or carving buildings into the face of a cliff. But it is satisfying work, and when the last wall is lifted into place and a project is finished, I do not see one face who isn’t smiling from a job well done. Some Exalts serve their flight by fighting off invaders, or using their Foresight to anticipate future threats. We serve our flight by creating homes and pathways - and we are proud to do so.

Unfortunately it seems that I’ve run out of paper, so I must end things here. I hope you enjoyed my explanation on road building and construction. (Of course you do - who couldn’t be interested by such fascinating topics?) I wish you all a happy Wavecrest - and when you travel along a road built and maintained by Exalts, hopefully you will be able to appreciate the hard work that went into helping you travel to your next destination.

Sincerely,
Simall Stonecarver
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9