Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I'm very conflicted...
1 2 3
[center]I'm really conflicted... Don't get me wrong, I love Nature so much, and would recommend switching to Nature 10000% to anybody. And there have been days where I do want to switch to other flights and get over it, but this is different, I know it is! Ok, so...I kinda want to switch to Water!!! (Because I live by a lake, the aesthetic is nice, etc.) but I'm in Nature currently, and love it! The only thing I really don't like about Nature is the possibilities for individual nature-based lore, whereas in Water I have many ideas for different water-based positions and lore. I also don't like the whole idea of the Tidelord being so...mysterious and closed off, at least compared to the Gladekeeper's lore, which I think is kinda cool. I'm also in a lot of nature-based forums; including an actual guild, and it might be hard for me to adjust to a new guild, new forums, new apparel, new...everything! And nature folks are so sweet; I'm scared water forums will be scary or empty or something! I also have a lot of nature apparel and nature flight dragons, and I would have to buy new blue water-flight dragons since that is very important to me, (I have two already, but...) My nature clan leader is also level 25 already, and I feel like it would be rude to trade her for another dragon or sell her since somebody else leveled her...I could keep her as a Nature rep or some other plant-based position up front which I could live with, but then having her level 25 wouldn't make sense if she wasn't a warrior or clan leader, and I'd be expensive to level up another level 1 to 25 heh. I could maybe just..."vacation" there, but vacationing is expensive and long, and if I don't like Water i'd be 6 months before I could go back...I also have a real life connection with Nature (I love to garden, live by a forest as well as a lake, I love plants in general) more so than Water, but I don't know how important that really is to me at this point! Just...can I have some opinions? I could probably switch today (because my flight change is available) if I sold all my Nature-y stuff that I know I wouldn't need, so...should I? (And hey, if I go with your opinion and I hate it, it's ok! Thank you, everyone who wants to help me, I'm sure if I switch it'll at least be a fun vacation! :D EDIT: Wouldn't switch flights today because [i]the one time[/i] I set up nests I want to switch flights...I guess I could buy those egg-hatching things? Because I'm an impatient bum [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/nature_small.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/revamp/banners/water_small.png[/img][/center]
I'm really conflicted...

Don't get me wrong, I love Nature so much, and would recommend switching to Nature 10000% to anybody. And there have been days where I do want to switch to other flights and get over it, but this is different, I know it is!

Ok, so...I kinda want to switch to Water!!! (Because I live by a lake, the aesthetic is nice, etc.) but I'm in Nature currently, and love it! The only thing I really don't like about Nature is the possibilities for individual nature-based lore, whereas in Water I have many ideas for different water-based positions and lore. I also don't like the whole idea of the Tidelord being so...mysterious and closed off, at least compared to the Gladekeeper's lore, which I think is kinda cool. I'm also in a lot of nature-based forums; including an actual guild, and it might be hard for me to adjust to a new guild, new forums, new apparel, new...everything! And nature folks are so sweet; I'm scared water forums will be scary or empty or something! I also have a lot of nature apparel and nature flight dragons, and I would have to buy new blue water-flight dragons since that is very important to me, (I have two already, but...) My nature clan leader is also level 25 already, and I feel like it would be rude to trade her for another dragon or sell her since somebody else leveled her...I could keep her as a Nature rep or some other plant-based position up front which I could live with, but then having her level 25 wouldn't make sense if she wasn't a warrior or clan leader, and I'd be expensive to level up another level 1 to 25 heh. I could maybe just..."vacation" there, but vacationing is expensive and long, and if I don't like Water i'd be 6 months before I could go back...I also have a real life connection with Nature (I love to garden, live by a forest as well as a lake, I love plants in general) more so than Water, but I don't know how important that really is to me at this point! Just...can I have some opinions? I could probably switch today (because my flight change is available) if I sold all my Nature-y stuff that I know I wouldn't need, so...should I? (And hey, if I go with your opinion and I hate it, it's ok! Thank you, everyone who wants to help me, I'm sure if I switch it'll at least be a fun vacation! :D

EDIT: Wouldn't switch flights today because the one time I set up nests I want to switch flights...I guess I could buy those egg-hatching things? Because I'm an impatient bum

nature_small.png water_small.png
swip.png - hi! i'm cassie.
- my pronouns are she/her.
- my timezone is fr+3.
Water forums move slow, but everyone is super nice (and will inundate you with puns)!
Water forums move slow, but everyone is super nice (and will inundate you with puns)!
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
@Lemonie

This is quite tough! My sister (BirdOfParadise) is in Nature, but started off as Wind - she doesn't want to switch any time soon now! I personally also love the Nature aesthetic, and it might be very hard to leave a Flight you have a connection to and love so much. I have a few suggestions/ideas to perhaps help?

1) Duo-Flight lair

Some people do this, have a double flight lair. You can keep both your nature dragons (or at least some) and you can obtain new Water dergs! Of course, this isn't something everyone enjoys, but I have some Lore-based ideas of how this could work out for you.

When going into Water, in your lore your home area may have an island/islands, but water dragons don't want to live there as they prefer the currents, but it's needed to go on land for gathering plants, hunting and etc. So, they set up and alliance with Nature flight dragons, they protect them from an attackers and guard the island(s) while the Nature dragons give them resources.

2) Ask about

Ask Water flight members about how it is in their flight. How active are their forums? Anything fun going on currently? Etc.

3) Get someone as your dragon-sitter

Not as silly as it sounds; get someone to keep and hold your dragons in case you want to go back to Nature and continue with your previous lore and etc.

4) Grind in coli

If you do want to go back, grind in coli for the time you're in Water, surely after 6 months you'll obtain the amount needed for transfer? I'd suggest changing treasure into gems if you want quick gem income for the peroid. Once you have the amount needed just store it in your vault and do whatever you please next!

That's all I have so far~
@Lemonie

This is quite tough! My sister (BirdOfParadise) is in Nature, but started off as Wind - she doesn't want to switch any time soon now! I personally also love the Nature aesthetic, and it might be very hard to leave a Flight you have a connection to and love so much. I have a few suggestions/ideas to perhaps help?

1) Duo-Flight lair

Some people do this, have a double flight lair. You can keep both your nature dragons (or at least some) and you can obtain new Water dergs! Of course, this isn't something everyone enjoys, but I have some Lore-based ideas of how this could work out for you.

When going into Water, in your lore your home area may have an island/islands, but water dragons don't want to live there as they prefer the currents, but it's needed to go on land for gathering plants, hunting and etc. So, they set up and alliance with Nature flight dragons, they protect them from an attackers and guard the island(s) while the Nature dragons give them resources.

2) Ask about

Ask Water flight members about how it is in their flight. How active are their forums? Anything fun going on currently? Etc.

3) Get someone as your dragon-sitter

Not as silly as it sounds; get someone to keep and hold your dragons in case you want to go back to Nature and continue with your previous lore and etc.

4) Grind in coli

If you do want to go back, grind in coli for the time you're in Water, surely after 6 months you'll obtain the amount needed for transfer? I'd suggest changing treasure into gems if you want quick gem income for the peroid. Once you have the amount needed just store it in your vault and do whatever you please next!

That's all I have so far~
HeTWB.gif TPCw6.gif
@mithrel

Puns are fun, yus~ I can never think of any though haha ;0 you're obviously a master with puns omggggg

@Uvarovite

Thank you for all the ideas! That is...actually a really good idea, the dual-flight lair! I was unsure about it before, but I might do something kinda like that! All your other ideas are really great too, thank you! I'll most likely copy the lore I have right now onto a google document in the case that I switch, so thank you for that idea too! :D
@mithrel

Puns are fun, yus~ I can never think of any though haha ;0 you're obviously a master with puns omggggg

@Uvarovite

Thank you for all the ideas! That is...actually a really good idea, the dual-flight lair! I was unsure about it before, but I might do something kinda like that! All your other ideas are really great too, thank you! I'll most likely copy the lore I have right now onto a google document in the case that I switch, so thank you for that idea too! :D
- my timezone is fr+3.
@Lemonie

I'm glad I could help! I actually quite like the Water-Nature flight duo as it seems to match so well!

I also have another idea for a dual-flight lair: it's similar to my previous idea but instead it's Nature dragons in the woods and Water dragons living in the surrounding lakes, rivers etc. They protect the Water dergs from any predators and the water dragons provide them with Seafood and transportation over water (such as transporting loads of goods or injured/flightless dragons) but I thought that would suit more a Nature lair with the water side instead of a Water lair with the Nature side.
@Lemonie

I'm glad I could help! I actually quite like the Water-Nature flight duo as it seems to match so well!

I also have another idea for a dual-flight lair: it's similar to my previous idea but instead it's Nature dragons in the woods and Water dragons living in the surrounding lakes, rivers etc. They protect the Water dergs from any predators and the water dragons provide them with Seafood and transportation over water (such as transporting loads of goods or injured/flightless dragons) but I thought that would suit more a Nature lair with the water side instead of a Water lair with the Nature side.
HeTWB.gif TPCw6.gif
@Uvarovite

That is also a good idea! I kinda do like the first idea more, but honestly?? Either way, i'm loving the potential for lore in either flight! You really have been a help! It makes me feel better about the lore part of my decision, now that I have an idea or two to fall back on <3
I'm leaning into the idea of switching now, so I might ask around a bit about the Water forums! (If anybody in Water has some propaganda for me i'd be glad to see it lol)
@Uvarovite

That is also a good idea! I kinda do like the first idea more, but honestly?? Either way, i'm loving the potential for lore in either flight! You really have been a help! It makes me feel better about the lore part of my decision, now that I have an idea or two to fall back on <3
I'm leaning into the idea of switching now, so I might ask around a bit about the Water forums! (If anybody in Water has some propaganda for me i'd be glad to see it lol)
- my timezone is fr+3.
@Lemonie

I'm so glad! Hope your transition comes along well, I'd imagine at first it'd be pretty weird to be in a different flight - but my sister said she didn't find it weird and just felt more at home than in Wind, maybe it'll be the same thing and Water was your dream flight all along? Who knows. Safe moving!
@Lemonie

I'm so glad! Hope your transition comes along well, I'd imagine at first it'd be pretty weird to be in a different flight - but my sister said she didn't find it weird and just felt more at home than in Wind, maybe it'll be the same thing and Water was your dream flight all along? Who knows. Safe moving!
HeTWB.gif TPCw6.gif
I'd personally suggest a Nature/Water duo lair, though now thinking about the area positions on the map, I'm not sure it'd be possible with Shadow territory in the way lol.

As for how Water flight is, we don't exist we're small, but close knit! And Tidepotato might be secluded, but he does care about the dragons in his domain, enough to send a massive tidal wave to the Tsunami Flats if he needed too. In hindsight, that might actually be bad for non-mono water lairs.

Though with the recent Bounty of the Elements event that passed, Prophecies are harder to come by, or non-existent in some clans. Oracles are probably stressing, and the Tsunami Flats is probably still pretty messed up from the enormous hurricane that hit it. Here's to hoping Tidelord announces Wavecrest so we can party with relief, but then again I kinda don't want him to since some of the Wavecrest events revolve around gathering prophecies.
I'd personally suggest a Nature/Water duo lair, though now thinking about the area positions on the map, I'm not sure it'd be possible with Shadow territory in the way lol.

As for how Water flight is, we don't exist we're small, but close knit! And Tidepotato might be secluded, but he does care about the dragons in his domain, enough to send a massive tidal wave to the Tsunami Flats if he needed too. In hindsight, that might actually be bad for non-mono water lairs.

Though with the recent Bounty of the Elements event that passed, Prophecies are harder to come by, or non-existent in some clans. Oracles are probably stressing, and the Tsunami Flats is probably still pretty messed up from the enormous hurricane that hit it. Here's to hoping Tidelord announces Wavecrest so we can party with relief, but then again I kinda don't want him to since some of the Wavecrest events revolve around gathering prophecies.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
@TheWhiteTigerGod

True...heh...I'll figure out something c; And the lore seems cool! I'm thinking for a new clan leader to make her more...relaxed and fun since I love anything tropical and fun! So not many oracles yet x3

WAIT

TIDEPOTATO?? IM IN-
@TheWhiteTigerGod

True...heh...I'll figure out something c; And the lore seems cool! I'm thinking for a new clan leader to make her more...relaxed and fun since I love anything tropical and fun! So not many oracles yet x3

WAIT

TIDEPOTATO?? IM IN-
- my timezone is fr+3.
@Lemonie

We have many names for Tidelord, including and not limited to:

Tidepotato (my favorite)
Tideloaf
Tidepapa
Tiderex (because his arms in his art look quite short, like a t-rex)
Lord of Blue Gatorade
Timelord

And good luck to you on finding a new clan leader! Hope you have some fun in Water ouo
@Lemonie

We have many names for Tidelord, including and not limited to:

Tidepotato (my favorite)
Tideloaf
Tidepapa
Tiderex (because his arms in his art look quite short, like a t-rex)
Lord of Blue Gatorade
Timelord

And good luck to you on finding a new clan leader! Hope you have some fun in Water ouo
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
1 2 3