Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what is exalting to you in your lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
exalted adults moved out of the clan for whatever reason, pretty generic. exalted hatchies never existed to begin with, i just retcon them right out.
exalted adults moved out of the clan for whatever reason, pretty generic. exalted hatchies never existed to begin with, i just retcon them right out.
tumblr_onqz86NEs81sl68fro1_500.png
Dragons who come to my clan specifically to be trained & exalted because they want to serve. Kind of like voluntary military service.
Dragons who come to my clan specifically to be trained & exalted because they want to serve. Kind of like voluntary military service.
3PxlXSK.png
Most of the time it's just going off to serve the deities. The clan runs a college that trains acolytes: the price paid for them is their scholarship, and the price I get from exalting is a payment from the given god's cult.

Occasionally it's been used to mean death and rescuing someone from being unwillingly exalted is a heroic act.
Most of the time it's just going off to serve the deities. The clan runs a college that trains acolytes: the price paid for them is their scholarship, and the price I get from exalting is a payment from the given god's cult.

Occasionally it's been used to mean death and rescuing someone from being unwillingly exalted is a heroic act.
jtgoRWq.png
Standard "off to join the army" fare. My whole clan's lore concept is that they're an order of paladins in service to the Lightweaver and I do a decent amount of fodder leveling (both with my own hatchlings and occasionally bought fodder). So the exalted dragons get trained for combat and then leave the temple to serve the Lightweaver as her champions.
Standard "off to join the army" fare. My whole clan's lore concept is that they're an order of paladins in service to the Lightweaver and I do a decent amount of fodder leveling (both with my own hatchlings and occasionally bought fodder). So the exalted dragons get trained for combat and then leave the temple to serve the Lightweaver as her champions.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
My dragons train their exaltees to do battle in the name of the Lightweaver! Makes sense, since my lair is supposed to be like a Roman Legion.
My dragons train their exaltees to do battle in the name of the Lightweaver! Makes sense, since my lair is supposed to be like a Roman Legion.
For me, exalting a dragon means that they died, disappeared in mysterious ways or left for their own reasons - e.g. they weren't happy with the way the clan operates, they want to see the world, found their own clan ... stuff like that.
For me, exalting a dragon means that they died, disappeared in mysterious ways or left for their own reasons - e.g. they weren't happy with the way the clan operates, they want to see the world, found their own clan ... stuff like that.
iIrk1Wj.png
In my lore, it's technically 'death', although it's really a rite of passage that the dragon undertakes - they leave the clan completely to go to the Behemoth once they feel their time is up, under the understanding that they'll never come back.
In my lore, it's technically 'death', although it's really a rite of passage that the dragon undertakes - they leave the clan completely to go to the Behemoth once they feel their time is up, under the understanding that they'll never come back.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
My clan in particular just straight up sacrifices dragons in a ritual, because they're Extra(tm).
My clan in particular just straight up sacrifices dragons in a ritual, because they're Extra(tm).
There will be something here. Eventually.
It's death

If someone comes back from exalting they are now undead
and clan may have necromancer running around...
It's death

If someone comes back from exalting they are now undead
and clan may have necromancer running around...
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
From what I have established so far (I'm not very far in my lore), exalting's going to fight for Plaguebringer. Fodder comes to the clan for training due to its central location in the Abiding Boneyard, which makes it the perfect place for foreign dragons to adapt to life servicing Plaguemom.
From what I have established so far (I'm not very far in my lore), exalting's going to fight for Plaguebringer. Fodder comes to the clan for training due to its central location in the Abiding Boneyard, which makes it the perfect place for foreign dragons to adapt to life servicing Plaguemom.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8