Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what is exalting to you in your lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A large part of my lair is the university and training barracks.

Dragons come from all over Sornieth to learn a trade, to get a formal education, and/or learn to fight. When they are finished, many go along to serve The Lightweaver or another god if they call for aid during a conflict.
(Or in game terms: I buy up a ton of fodder, raise them, level them, and either exalt or sell them on competitive weeks.)

When I sell my own hatchlings I just imagine it's a similar thing, only their interests were outside my clan's scope or in another region.

When it's a former perma-dragon I got tired of, it varies. Some died, others traveled, some disappeared, and some have just done the normal exalted thing and gone to serve a god.
A large part of my lair is the university and training barracks.

Dragons come from all over Sornieth to learn a trade, to get a formal education, and/or learn to fight. When they are finished, many go along to serve The Lightweaver or another god if they call for aid during a conflict.
(Or in game terms: I buy up a ton of fodder, raise them, level them, and either exalt or sell them on competitive weeks.)

When I sell my own hatchlings I just imagine it's a similar thing, only their interests were outside my clan's scope or in another region.

When it's a former perma-dragon I got tired of, it varies. Some died, others traveled, some disappeared, and some have just done the normal exalted thing and gone to serve a god.
[quote name="@EndraPhoenix" date="2018-04-18 12:54:41" ] Pretty much the same thing. Death/travelling/missing/actually serving a deity/etc. Also can I say I love your signature nu you changed it as soon as I said that rofl [/quote] aww thank you! it changes to a different pic with every refresh ;)
@EndraPhoenix wrote on 2018-04-18 12:54:41:
Pretty much the same thing. Death/travelling/missing/actually serving a deity/etc.

Also can I say I love your signature
nu you changed it as soon as I said that rofl
aww thank you! it changes to a different pic with every refresh ;)
xulc4O8.png
Killing, exiling, and drafting to the deity army
Killing, exiling, and drafting to the deity army
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
[quote name="FrozenBarioth" date="2018-04-18 14:50:34" ] [quote name="EndraPhoenix" date="2018-04-18 12:54:41" ] Pretty much the same thing. Death/travelling/missing/actually serving a deity/etc. Also can I say I love your signature nu you changed it as soon as I said that rofl [/quote] aww thank you! it changes to a different pic with every refresh ;) [/quote] Ooooh ok I see that's cool!
FrozenBarioth wrote on 2018-04-18 14:50:34:
EndraPhoenix wrote on 2018-04-18 12:54:41:
Pretty much the same thing. Death/travelling/missing/actually serving a deity/etc.

Also can I say I love your signature
nu you changed it as soon as I said that rofl
aww thank you! it changes to a different pic with every refresh ;)
Ooooh ok I see that's cool!
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
Rexos... disposes... of them. And no one knows what happens to them but him. And possibly Kaz.
Rexos... disposes... of them. And no one knows what happens to them but him. And possibly Kaz.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
I haven't thought about this much, but other then something generically about death/serving in the fortress of ends or something (one way or the other)
it could be just... a dragon trying to leave with little to no trace, leaving most of their stuff in their past home so as to not be tracked or something, whether they go to another territory, clan, or just... explore somewhere (if I wanted to go deeper into this idea I probably would, just not right now)
I haven't thought about this much, but other then something generically about death/serving in the fortress of ends or something (one way or the other)
it could be just... a dragon trying to leave with little to no trace, leaving most of their stuff in their past home so as to not be tracked or something, whether they go to another territory, clan, or just... explore somewhere (if I wanted to go deeper into this idea I probably would, just not right now)
unknown.png
I don’t have exalted dragons in my lore yet, I just think they traveled to another dimension, but in one of my friend’s lore, exalting means becoming mindless robots of whoever they’re exalted to.
I don’t have exalted dragons in my lore yet, I just think they traveled to another dimension, but in one of my friend’s lore, exalting means becoming mindless robots of whoever they’re exalted to.
[quote name="Mediumdee" date="2018-04-18 16:13:00" ] I haven't thought about this much, but other then something generically about death/serving in the fortress of ends or something (one way or the other) it could be just... a dragon trying to leave with little to no trace, leaving most of their stuff in their past home so as to not be tracked or something, whether they go to another territory, clan, or just... explore somewhere (if I wanted to go deeper into this idea I probably would, just not right now) [/quote] Very interesting, haven't thought of this before.
Mediumdee wrote on 2018-04-18 16:13:00:
Very interesting, haven't thought of this before.
tumblr_papfgyiEtt1vvc1jno3_500.png
My lore/headcanon is a little....odd. And not canonical. Oh well.

In my lore, 'exalting' is usually a funerary purification ritual, done upon the death of a dragon by other causes. It is meant to hasten and protect the dragon's spirit during its journey to the gods, where it will be changed, either to become part of the magic underlying all the elements of Sornieth, or perhaps reincarnate into a form that the god finds useful. That is, as the deity's entourage, acolyte, guardian, essence, collector, or eyes (sprite, elemental, bear, spirit animal, nymph, or goblin).

Some dragons, during times of strife or for specific magic festivals and rituals, are also 'exalted' before their time...
My lore/headcanon is a little....odd. And not canonical. Oh well.

In my lore, 'exalting' is usually a funerary purification ritual, done upon the death of a dragon by other causes. It is meant to hasten and protect the dragon's spirit during its journey to the gods, where it will be changed, either to become part of the magic underlying all the elements of Sornieth, or perhaps reincarnate into a form that the god finds useful. That is, as the deity's entourage, acolyte, guardian, essence, collector, or eyes (sprite, elemental, bear, spirit animal, nymph, or goblin).

Some dragons, during times of strife or for specific magic festivals and rituals, are also 'exalted' before their time...
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
It's a form of undeath. Dead dragons get their brains removed so they can't think for themselves in the afterlife and have their spirits trapped in their bodies to keep them animated. Then they're sent off to serve the deity's every whim until they finish crumbling to dust, bones and all. Whether this is how it's supposed to go or the work of a secretly corrupted dragon is up in the air.

It's mostly just written that way because I like Dead Leaf Mantises and wanted a reason for one of my dragons to collect them.
It's a form of undeath. Dead dragons get their brains removed so they can't think for themselves in the afterlife and have their spirits trapped in their bodies to keep them animated. Then they're sent off to serve the deity's every whim until they finish crumbling to dust, bones and all. Whether this is how it's supposed to go or the work of a secretly corrupted dragon is up in the air.

It's mostly just written that way because I like Dead Leaf Mantises and wanted a reason for one of my dragons to collect them.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8