Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what is exalting to you in your lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
the only thing that I know is that my clan's exalted dragons don't go to the Lightweaver.
the only thing that I know is that my clan's exalted dragons don't go to the Lightweaver.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
Usually its dragons leaving the clan of their own free will to study under the other deities (usually studying the deities themselves) even if they don't end up exactly where they want to be.
Usually its dragons leaving the clan of their own free will to study under the other deities (usually studying the deities themselves) even if they don't end up exactly where they want to be.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
DRAGON MILITARY!!!

Maybe this is more exciting to me than it should be because it implies cool dragon planes, but ye. I have a few cosmonauts who used to be pilots for said militaries, mostly Lightning (though most of said pilot-cosmonauts are civilians because my clan isn't sponsored by the state, and I suppose military cosmonauts are probably technically cosmonauts for a state-run agency who are training to fly this agency's spacecraft, but eh, no one cares about those details much but me...)
DRAGON MILITARY!!!

Maybe this is more exciting to me than it should be because it implies cool dragon planes, but ye. I have a few cosmonauts who used to be pilots for said militaries, mostly Lightning (though most of said pilot-cosmonauts are civilians because my clan isn't sponsored by the state, and I suppose military cosmonauts are probably technically cosmonauts for a state-run agency who are training to fly this agency's spacecraft, but eh, no one cares about those details much but me...)
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Military service (for territorial disputes or Beastclan conflicts) or errant running for the deity's mortal speakers (since I doubt gods need grooming themselves).
Military service (for territorial disputes or Beastclan conflicts) or errant running for the deity's mortal speakers (since I doubt gods need grooming themselves).
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
literally anything, including: death, serving the deities, exile, being kidnapped, running away, went into isolation, erased from existence, and also absolutely no change (still being alive and well and doing whatever they were doing before "exaltation").

i've exalted a lot of dragons that i still keep around in my lore, so. |D exaltation's mostly just a way to get them out of my lair so i can get new dragons, but still keep all of them on my account.
literally anything, including: death, serving the deities, exile, being kidnapped, running away, went into isolation, erased from existence, and also absolutely no change (still being alive and well and doing whatever they were doing before "exaltation").

i've exalted a lot of dragons that i still keep around in my lore, so. |D exaltation's mostly just a way to get them out of my lair so i can get new dragons, but still keep all of them on my account.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
All of my exalts are for more or less military service to plaguemom, as my clan is a combination fort/outpost keeping a hold on the border areas of the wandering contagion, as well as a training camp for those who wish to go into the service of the plaguebringer to add to her power. They're all very patriotic in this way, and extremely questionable, but at any rate a fair number of young dragons of all elements pass through regularly.
All of my exalts are for more or less military service to plaguemom, as my clan is a combination fort/outpost keeping a hold on the border areas of the wandering contagion, as well as a training camp for those who wish to go into the service of the plaguebringer to add to her power. They're all very patriotic in this way, and extremely questionable, but at any rate a fair number of young dragons of all elements pass through regularly.
PoMXwvX.pngTn4TEAZ.png
If it's permas, in lore it's most often death. Plague fodder gets sent as warriors for Plaguemom. For non-plague fodder, sacrifice or the next meal I guess cause a number of my dragons are cannibals 'u'
If it's permas, in lore it's most often death. Plague fodder gets sent as warriors for Plaguemom. For non-plague fodder, sacrifice or the next meal I guess cause a number of my dragons are cannibals 'u'
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
Exalting represents the dragon in question traveling to the Lightweaver wherever she might be, and serving her in whatever way is needed. I could see using it to represent a dragon has 'died', if I needed to.
Exalting represents the dragon in question traveling to the Lightweaver wherever she might be, and serving her in whatever way is needed. I could see using it to represent a dragon has 'died', if I needed to.
Death for a select few, but most often, it is an honor. My clan is very dedicated to their flight, and considers it an honor to guide pilgrims to the deity. Or where the deity's supposed to be, anyway.
Death for a select few, but most often, it is an honor. My clan is very dedicated to their flight, and considers it an honor to guide pilgrims to the deity. Or where the deity's supposed to be, anyway.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
For me they choose to go off to serve glademama, working to care for dragons rather than fighting for her.

As for fodder/snipped fodder i've adopted someone else's headcannon that they pay a clan to train them to better serve their deity and that who ever snipes them (whichever flight) was who they wanted to serve (makes me feel better about losing out on one lol)

Hatchlings though...they make me sad. I only exalt OOF raffle hatchies from other people. I think that they get sent off to live with Glademama as orphans and she/my exalted flight members take care of the babes.
For me they choose to go off to serve glademama, working to care for dragons rather than fighting for her.

As for fodder/snipped fodder i've adopted someone else's headcannon that they pay a clan to train them to better serve their deity and that who ever snipes them (whichever flight) was who they wanted to serve (makes me feel better about losing out on one lol)

Hatchlings though...they make me sad. I only exalt OOF raffle hatchies from other people. I think that they get sent off to live with Glademama as orphans and she/my exalted flight members take care of the babes.
f5uqMGJ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8