Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47
Ooh, clan leaders! -rubs hands together- Technically, I have...9 clan leaders But that's because we run a council! I'm sharing the "head" of the council, those who have been here the longest; Nitesh technically "inherited" the clan and became its leader many centuries ago when we were still in the Arcane territory, but as we grew and moved to new territories, it was increasingly obvious he and his mate couldn't manage everything alone. Upon discovering the other seasonal sprites and their mates, all of whom gained respect and loyalty from the clan and rose to a position of leadership as the clan always turned to them for that anyway. I haven't quite decided which council member takes care of what (for example, not sure who manages resources, our hoard, among other things...) but when it comes to a meeting involving voting or something and there's a tie, the clan speaker acts as a tie breaker, and this is the only time she is a part of the council 8D Anywho, my "clan leaders" are Nitesh and Kozue: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17429976] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174300/17429976_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18697237] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/186973/18697237_350.png[/img] [/url] And then the rest of the council is Chenoa, Hinun, Quilo, Lunette, Zelena, Haru, and the clan speaker is Nemoni! 8D
Ooh, clan leaders! -rubs hands together-

Technically, I have...9 clan leaders
But that's because we run a council! I'm sharing the "head" of the council, those who have been here the longest; Nitesh technically "inherited" the clan and became its leader many centuries ago when we were still in the Arcane territory, but as we grew and moved to new territories, it was increasingly obvious he and his mate couldn't manage everything alone. Upon discovering the other seasonal sprites and their mates, all of whom gained respect and loyalty from the clan and rose to a position of leadership as the clan always turned to them for that anyway.

I haven't quite decided which council member takes care of what (for example, not sure who manages resources, our hoard, among other things...) but when it comes to a meeting involving voting or something and there's a tie, the clan speaker acts as a tie breaker, and this is the only time she is a part of the council 8D

Anywho, my "clan leaders" are Nitesh and Kozue:

17429976_350.png

18697237_350.png

And then the rest of the council is Chenoa, Hinun, Quilo, Lunette, Zelena, Haru, and the clan speaker is Nemoni! 8D
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[center][size=6]Announcement[/size][/center] Lorenieth’s prompts will only be posted once a week. [b]As of now, I do not plan for this to be a permanent arrangement;[/b] however, my life has gotten hectic and stressful as of late (over both good and bad things) and I need to be able to step back a little bit. While I do love Lorenieth and working on prompts for it, I feel like my free time right now may be better suited to preparing for real life contingencies or doing other activities that will help reduce my general stress levels. Additionally, I want to feel like my time working on Lorenieth prompts is spent refining them and the Some Thoughts sections instead of feeling like they’re rushed… which, sadly, is sort of how I feel about this one. D: I’m really sorry, guys. :c I hope you understand. All this said, I nonetheless hope that you’ll enjoy considering and/or responding to prompt. Have an excellent Brightshine Jubilee! ^^ ----- [center][size=6]{Site Lore} How do you think the Coliseum works?[/size] Suggested by @Tox[/center] [quote=The Prompt] To expand on that - how does the coliseum work? Every venue [seems to take] place in a different location across the map. Are there specific flights paths to each flown exclusively by fighters? Are there portals? Is it all just one big arena based around different places? I have my own ideas for this that I would love to share, and I'd love to see what other people say! :D [/quote] Great follow-up questions, and I agree -- I’m really looking forward to seeing what others have to say about this one. :D (And, of course, if you want to share any dragons with lore relevant to this prompt, you can show up to three!) [center][img]https://snag.gy/lTqz8V.jpg[/img] [i]Sorry for another super short prompt![/i] [size=2]Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
Announcement

Lorenieth’s prompts will only be posted once a week. As of now, I do not plan for this to be a permanent arrangement; however, my life has gotten hectic and stressful as of late (over both good and bad things) and I need to be able to step back a little bit. While I do love Lorenieth and working on prompts for it, I feel like my free time right now may be better suited to preparing for real life contingencies or doing other activities that will help reduce my general stress levels.

Additionally, I want to feel like my time working on Lorenieth prompts is spent refining them and the Some Thoughts sections instead of feeling like they’re rushed… which, sadly, is sort of how I feel about this one. D:

I’m really sorry, guys. :c I hope you understand.

All this said, I nonetheless hope that you’ll enjoy considering and/or responding to prompt. Have an excellent Brightshine Jubilee! ^^

{Site Lore} How do you think the Coliseum works?
Suggested by @Tox

The Prompt wrote:
To expand on that - how does the coliseum work? Every venue [seems to take] place in a different location across the map. Are there specific flights paths to each flown exclusively by fighters? Are there portals? Is it all just one big arena based around different places? I have my own ideas for this that I would love to share, and I'd love to see what other people say! :D

Great follow-up questions, and I agree -- I’m really looking forward to seeing what others have to say about this one. :D

(And, of course, if you want to share any dragons with lore relevant to this prompt, you can show up to three!)

lTqz8V.jpg

Sorry for another super short prompt!

Pinglist was here.
@Dreamnorn

Do you need any help managing the thread? I'm always on! c:
@Dreamnorn

Do you need any help managing the thread? I'm always on! c:
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
You go to the wilderness/Wherever a venue is.Then you're assaulted by the wildlife/beastclans.It’s a common sporting/resource gathering practice among dragons to intentionally draw the aggression of the wildlife/beastclans to themselves then defeat said wildlife/beastclan(s)
You go to the wilderness/Wherever a venue is.Then you're assaulted by the wildlife/beastclans.It’s a common sporting/resource gathering practice among dragons to intentionally draw the aggression of the wildlife/beastclans to themselves then defeat said wildlife/beastclan(s)
1086ef29feb805a7b493f37586de5f42a0c51429.jpghttps://flamecaller-terracotta-figurine.tumblr.com/
If my clan was technologically advanced, I'd say it's a simulation, and there's an organization that sends the clan any "rewards" they earned during that time. It seems a little ridiculous to me to assume that the population of all these species are strong enough to survive being utterly demolished by dragonkind xD

However, I could definitely see that some of these are locations across Sornieth, and each flight would have one that is "native" to their region, a hunting grounds of sorts! They might have access to different hunting grounds of the other flights, but traveling there isn't just instantaneous, especially with the new "camping" feature in the Coliseum. If I wrote about my Coliseum warriors, they would likely spend most of their time fighting in Bamboo Falls as that region seems to be the most "Windy" to me, but in reality, I spend my Coli time as of late in Sandswept Delta or Blooming Grove.

I do think every flight has a "Training Grounds" though, it's just that not every flight's TG would look like the Coliseum example, and I don't think we could request the staff to make 11 different versions of TG based on the flight the user is in xD

I have theories behind some of the venues--invaders to the Golem Workshop and the Lightning dragons are fighting to take it back, recent volcanic activity split the Fire territory and animals and dragons alike are fighting over it as they try to adjust to the new landscape, stuff like that!

Though I still wonder how we ended up with a sewer system...
If my clan was technologically advanced, I'd say it's a simulation, and there's an organization that sends the clan any "rewards" they earned during that time. It seems a little ridiculous to me to assume that the population of all these species are strong enough to survive being utterly demolished by dragonkind xD

However, I could definitely see that some of these are locations across Sornieth, and each flight would have one that is "native" to their region, a hunting grounds of sorts! They might have access to different hunting grounds of the other flights, but traveling there isn't just instantaneous, especially with the new "camping" feature in the Coliseum. If I wrote about my Coliseum warriors, they would likely spend most of their time fighting in Bamboo Falls as that region seems to be the most "Windy" to me, but in reality, I spend my Coli time as of late in Sandswept Delta or Blooming Grove.

I do think every flight has a "Training Grounds" though, it's just that not every flight's TG would look like the Coliseum example, and I don't think we could request the staff to make 11 different versions of TG based on the flight the user is in xD

I have theories behind some of the venues--invaders to the Golem Workshop and the Lightning dragons are fighting to take it back, recent volcanic activity split the Fire territory and animals and dragons alike are fighting over it as they try to adjust to the new landscape, stuff like that!

Though I still wonder how we ended up with a sewer system...
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
This is a really good point; why does every flight follow the same path when they first start in the coliseum? Maybe it's a list of places where every flight has called a truce to train. Considering the order of the venues and their associated elements, I would assume those locations are chosen based on what the given flight has agreed to designate as their battling space(s), and the levels represent what difficulty happens to be associated with that location.

Given it's called "The Coliseum" we only have so many options for what this might mean. Either there's a HUGE coliseum on the map encompassing all of these locations that we can't see (somehow), or the path taken - which I would indeed guess to be a flight path, given the weird zigzagging - is nicknamed "the coliseum" or something of the like. The Encyclopedia refers to battling in the Coli as a "journey", and implies these are the native homes of the creatures you're fighting, so it would make sense that they're a collection of different locations.

As for why they call it The Coliseum, my headcanon is that Arena was the original coliseum; as the flight path started to form, dragons started referring to the overall flight path as "the coliseum" and took to calling the coliseum itself the "arena".

I guess portals vs. flight paths is up for debate, but if it was portals, I don't think the shadow story from Bounty of the Elements would be as big of a deal. There'd also be no need for camping if you could just teleport home and back... A flight path would just make more sense.
This is a really good point; why does every flight follow the same path when they first start in the coliseum? Maybe it's a list of places where every flight has called a truce to train. Considering the order of the venues and their associated elements, I would assume those locations are chosen based on what the given flight has agreed to designate as their battling space(s), and the levels represent what difficulty happens to be associated with that location.

Given it's called "The Coliseum" we only have so many options for what this might mean. Either there's a HUGE coliseum on the map encompassing all of these locations that we can't see (somehow), or the path taken - which I would indeed guess to be a flight path, given the weird zigzagging - is nicknamed "the coliseum" or something of the like. The Encyclopedia refers to battling in the Coli as a "journey", and implies these are the native homes of the creatures you're fighting, so it would make sense that they're a collection of different locations.

As for why they call it The Coliseum, my headcanon is that Arena was the original coliseum; as the flight path started to form, dragons started referring to the overall flight path as "the coliseum" and took to calling the coliseum itself the "arena".

I guess portals vs. flight paths is up for debate, but if it was portals, I don't think the shadow story from Bounty of the Elements would be as big of a deal. There'd also be no need for camping if you could just teleport home and back... A flight path would just make more sense.
shadow_small.png
utKo3i2.png
ImLwTCX.png
I like to imagine it's dragons going out to explore and reconquer the surrounding lands from the Beastclans. Or they are taking young ones on their first journey away from the clan, either to prepare them to one day fight and work for their deity or to one day train up other dragons like them
I like to imagine it's dragons going out to explore and reconquer the surrounding lands from the Beastclans. Or they are taking young ones on their first journey away from the clan, either to prepare them to one day fight and work for their deity or to one day train up other dragons like them
RPMyHZU.pngMUYNhfy.pngRPMyHZU.png

WKtl2lb.pngUU9vIu2.pngkBHm00y.pngrix3ppo.png
Since they take place in different sections and they are coliseums I believe while dragons were settling in the area beast clans were captured and put into this large arena like a place that each different level has.IT isn't visible to our eyes but perhaps the sectioned area is so wide that it's almost like a small habitat at like a zoo. Dragons then take said paths to get to the arenas and are then given the opportunity to enter and fight the creatures that are kept captive in there and forced to fight. It really isn't something light-hearted but it would make sense since technically based on the origin chapters/videos dragons are the villains as they are the ones destroying beast clans and attacking them despite them being there first. So, in my opinion, it would only make sense for dragons to capture and force the native species to battle the dragons.
Since they take place in different sections and they are coliseums I believe while dragons were settling in the area beast clans were captured and put into this large arena like a place that each different level has.IT isn't visible to our eyes but perhaps the sectioned area is so wide that it's almost like a small habitat at like a zoo. Dragons then take said paths to get to the arenas and are then given the opportunity to enter and fight the creatures that are kept captive in there and forced to fight. It really isn't something light-hearted but it would make sense since technically based on the origin chapters/videos dragons are the villains as they are the ones destroying beast clans and attacking them despite them being there first. So, in my opinion, it would only make sense for dragons to capture and force the native species to battle the dragons.
UZVTEBc.png
My headcanon is that my clan has a treaty with the Beastclans, and that fights in the coli aren't "to the death," but are actually training sessions. The dragons fly to wherever the Beastclan members are who want to spar that day, with each venue being a different part of Sornieth. The dragons started meeting on the Beastclans' territories as a show of good faith (they're not luring them into their home territory so the entire dragon clan can jump and slaughter them), and now that the Crystal Pools venue exists, I imagine that's when the Beastclans come to meet my clan in their home territory. :)

But I guess that only briefly answers the prompt-- I do see each venue as a different area or region around Sornieth. I think the dragons get there just with good old-fashioned flying, then head home after. I do think some of the areas are probably close to each other, maybe even connected (maybe the Woodland Path leads off of the Training Fields?).
My headcanon is that my clan has a treaty with the Beastclans, and that fights in the coli aren't "to the death," but are actually training sessions. The dragons fly to wherever the Beastclan members are who want to spar that day, with each venue being a different part of Sornieth. The dragons started meeting on the Beastclans' territories as a show of good faith (they're not luring them into their home territory so the entire dragon clan can jump and slaughter them), and now that the Crystal Pools venue exists, I imagine that's when the Beastclans come to meet my clan in their home territory. :)

But I guess that only briefly answers the prompt-- I do see each venue as a different area or region around Sornieth. I think the dragons get there just with good old-fashioned flying, then head home after. I do think some of the areas are probably close to each other, maybe even connected (maybe the Woodland Path leads off of the Training Fields?).
b6M3VPH.png
I think that the coliseum is kind of like a montage of fighting, with all the boring bits of searching around and walking cut out. Each venue is not necessarily a specific place, but rather a representation of the types of areas that the dragons might go through. For example, ghost light ruins is not a specific ruin called "The Ghostlit Ruin" but rather a bunch of different ruins scattered across Sorienth that have that general feel. I also don't think that every single battle is cannon because that would completely devestate all of the beastclan populations, but instead is more supposed to just imply "yeah at some point the dragons battled these creatures".
I think that the coliseum is kind of like a montage of fighting, with all the boring bits of searching around and walking cut out. Each venue is not necessarily a specific place, but rather a representation of the types of areas that the dragons might go through. For example, ghost light ruins is not a specific ruin called "The Ghostlit Ruin" but rather a bunch of different ruins scattered across Sorienth that have that general feel. I also don't think that every single battle is cannon because that would completely devestate all of the beastclan populations, but instead is more supposed to just imply "yeah at some point the dragons battled these creatures".
T4KrBf3.png
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47