Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 46 47
Well, I've got a few different ideas for Firefly, based on my own dragons! I just finished geneing this guy, and I love his Capsule, I feel like it makes him more robotic. But with Firefly... (And I did make the picture clickable so it goes to his actual page) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37397237][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=98&bodygene=20&breed=5&element=5&gender=0&tert=105&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=112&auth=6342fbc5fd0334e111a4b3f097bed5e99c94227d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] ...kinda looks like he's got little drones. I think they could also be... Hmm, maybe particles is the word I'm looking for? That kind of "overflowed" from the dragon and took form--whether it's a magical particle or something else, it's a neat idea. They could also be like Runes, just magical markings that have the potential to come to life as if they were written on paper. Were they gifted by a higher being? Or are they a curse? You decide. I do currently have two girls I know for SURE I want to give the gene to, but I haven't quite decided what their lore purpose will be. Sephtis is our "guide" since we arrived in Wind, though she was but a hatchling fresh from the egg as soon as we stepped foot in the territory (she literally hatched as soon as we got to Wind xD ), so maybe these fireflies are literal ones that are attracted to her in some way, and may help lead lost dragons back to the clan, or lead them through Windsinger's trials? Who knows. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35034761] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=83&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=97&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=83&auth=fe4f91bcefe59153a8a8bc48353faadb92f8ed2d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url] And then this girl, I have no idea xD It's just the only tertiary that works for her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40381013] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=135&bodygene=22&breed=6&element=5&gender=1&tert=51&tertgene=22&winggene=17&wings=135&auth=43ed26b9c3a9a000be7d4d290d3cbcd0d0583e1d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url]
Well, I've got a few different ideas for Firefly, based on my own dragons!

I just finished geneing this guy, and I love his Capsule, I feel like it makes him more robotic. But with Firefly... (And I did make the picture clickable so it goes to his actual page)
dragon?age=0&body=98&bodygene=20&breed=5&element=5&gender=0&tert=105&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=112&auth=6342fbc5fd0334e111a4b3f097bed5e99c94227d&dummyext=prev.png

...kinda looks like he's got little drones.

I think they could also be... Hmm, maybe particles is the word I'm looking for? That kind of "overflowed" from the dragon and took form--whether it's a magical particle or something else, it's a neat idea.

They could also be like Runes, just magical markings that have the potential to come to life as if they were written on paper. Were they gifted by a higher being? Or are they a curse? You decide.

I do currently have two girls I know for SURE I want to give the gene to, but I haven't quite decided what their lore purpose will be. Sephtis is our "guide" since we arrived in Wind, though she was but a hatchling fresh from the egg as soon as we stepped foot in the territory (she literally hatched as soon as we got to Wind xD ), so maybe these fireflies are literal ones that are attracted to her in some way, and may help lead lost dragons back to the clan, or lead them through Windsinger's trials? Who knows.

dragon?age=1&body=83&bodygene=10&breed=13&element=3&gender=1&tert=97&tertgene=22&winggene=20&wings=83&auth=fe4f91bcefe59153a8a8bc48353faadb92f8ed2d&dummyext=prev.png

And then this girl, I have no idea xD It's just the only tertiary that works for her.

dragon?age=1&body=135&bodygene=22&breed=6&element=5&gender=1&tert=51&tertgene=22&winggene=17&wings=135&auth=43ed26b9c3a9a000be7d4d290d3cbcd0d0583e1d&dummyext=prev.png
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41117038] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411171/41117038_350.png[/img] [/url] In little Eli's case, it's definitely magic! He's powerful for his age, and his magic manifests in the "fireflies" that dance around his body. He can send them to do his bidding, though they're not particularly... effective. They mostly can just land on things, touch things, maybe have very small magical effects on things. He can summon different numbers of them and, with enough concentration, will them away as well. Most of the time he has a few circling around him or on his body somewhere. I think this is definitely a gene open to interpretation - which is why it's so great that we have this thread! I love seeing everyone's different ideas!

41117038_350.png

In little Eli's case, it's definitely magic! He's powerful for his age, and his magic manifests in the "fireflies" that dance around his body. He can send them to do his bidding, though they're not particularly... effective. They mostly can just land on things, touch things, maybe have very small magical effects on things. He can summon different numbers of them and, with enough concentration, will them away as well. Most of the time he has a few circling around him or on his body somewhere.

I think this is definitely a gene open to interpretation - which is why it's so great that we have this thread! I love seeing everyone's different ideas!
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
My feeling about Firefly is that it definitely is magic related. I like to think that it is a Beastclan inspired gene. If you look at the official site lore, the Beastclans inhabitted the world first, and the dragons kind of took over afterwards. So I like to think of this as a return of Beastclan magic.

As for what it literally is, I don't see them as literal bugs. But, rather, your own internal magic manifested physically as tiny fairies. But these fairies aren't separate entities. They're a part of *you*. A part of your soul that is physically manifested.
My feeling about Firefly is that it definitely is magic related. I like to think that it is a Beastclan inspired gene. If you look at the official site lore, the Beastclans inhabitted the world first, and the dragons kind of took over afterwards. So I like to think of this as a return of Beastclan magic.

As for what it literally is, I don't see them as literal bugs. But, rather, your own internal magic manifested physically as tiny fairies. But these fairies aren't separate entities. They're a part of *you*. A part of your soul that is physically manifested.
[center][size=6]{Site Lore} What do you think exists beyond Sornieth? Is Sornieth a continent or a planet?[/size] Anonymous Submission[/center] [quote="The Submitter"] What do you think exists beyond Sornieth? Is Sornieth a continent or planet? Especially since the release of the Miniature Sornieth Globe familiar, there leaves some room for some cool headcanons of other continents. If it's only a continent, are there other sentient beings on the rest of the planet besides dragons and beastclans (like the lore for the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/9]Focal Point[/url] seems to suggest)? Or is Sornieth the entire planet and the world map is a 2D representation of it? What have your dragons discovered while travelling and exploring? [/quote] All excellent questions! I don’t even know if I have any to add; this was quite thorough! ^^ I wholeheartedly approve. Go wild with headcanons and analysis, bounce ideas off of one another, and have fun, everyone! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/Sornieth-Globe.png[/img] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] Personally, I headcanon that Sornieth is a continent (or at least a pretty large set of islands) as opposed to the entire planet that Flight Rising dragons inhabit! It’s something I hadn’t really considered in depth until this prompt, but now I really enjoy it as an idea. Here are a few of the reasons why! [LIST] [*]For world maps of real-world planets (most commonly Earth, but there are ones for Mars as well), a projection of the whole planet is generally done in a rectangular or ellipsoid manner with the long sides spanning to show the west to the east. Flight Rising’s World Map is rectangular, but the long sides span from north to south, and even then, it’s much closer to a square than IRL world maps are. I personally think that’s an odd choice unless the map is being applied to only a particular section of a wider globular planet (such as a continent). [LIST] [*]I understand that this implies that Sornieth’s planet must be roughly spherical in nature. If real life physics can be applied to Flight Rising, it would have to be so according to the nature of gravity for Sornieth’s world to be technically called a [i]planet[/i] -- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=6]which it is[/url]! But, of course, it’s also a fictional world governed by magic with dragons, so... yeah. XD [/LIST] [*]You know how there’s one unified “Flight Rising Time” that happens to coordinate with PST for us humans? Well, I headcanon that this means the events on Sornieth are taking place in a specific timezone! ^^ [*]I recognize that this is wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like it would open a lot of cool lore possibilities if there were wide tracts of unexplored continents or regions in the world of Flight Rising. To put on a tinfoil hat for a second: what if the “world map” is dracocentric and operates under the (perhaps false) assumption that other lands on Sornieth’s planet don’t exist? Similar to how the general populace of Eurasia had no idea the Americas were a thing for centuries, what if these dragons stay primarily in their own little world -- which they would need to in order to breed -- while other civilizations emerged elsewhere? Life can and has existed on Sornieth without the gods’ intervention, after all. [/LIST] I’m not personally sure how I would fit the Sornieth Globe familiar into this headcanon. I don’t see it as a “true map” as much as the main Flight Rising World Map -- partially because it’s a familiar and partially because of the whole dracocentric thing I was talking about earlier. Then again, this is something I haven’t considered as hard as the other bits of my headcanon, so there could be some clues hidden in this familiar that I hadn’t considered. As such, I’m extremely curious to see what you all think about 1) the relative reliability of the Sornieth Globe familiar as a map and 2) how to account for the discrepancies between it and the World Map. :D Whew... I spent so much time thinking about the planet vs. continent debate that I didn’t really get much of a chance to consider what else may be out there. ^^; Sorry about that, anon! But I can say I like to think other Beastclans may be on as-of-now undocumented continents. Perhaps maybe humanoid beings like elves and dwarves could be around! Then, of course, there are the extraterrestrial life forms that seem to gravitate towards the Arcane territories, according to the Focal Point’s lore... hmm. That could honestly be a prompt all its own. [center][size=2]Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
{Site Lore} What do you think exists beyond Sornieth? Is Sornieth a continent or a planet?
Anonymous Submission

The Submitter wrote:
What do you think exists beyond Sornieth? Is Sornieth a continent or planet? Especially since the release of the Miniature Sornieth Globe familiar, there leaves some room for some cool headcanons of other continents. If it's only a continent, are there other sentient beings on the rest of the planet besides dragons and beastclans (like the lore for the Focal Point seems to suggest)? Or is Sornieth the entire planet and the world map is a 2D representation of it? What have your dragons discovered while travelling and exploring?

All excellent questions! I don’t even know if I have any to add; this was quite thorough! ^^ I wholeheartedly approve.

Go wild with headcanons and analysis, bounce ideas off of one another, and have fun, everyone!

Sornieth-Globe.png

{*}

Some Thoughts:

Personally, I headcanon that Sornieth is a continent (or at least a pretty large set of islands) as opposed to the entire planet that Flight Rising dragons inhabit! It’s something I hadn’t really considered in depth until this prompt, but now I really enjoy it as an idea. Here are a few of the reasons why!

• For world maps of real-world planets (most commonly Earth, but there are ones for Mars as well), a projection of the whole planet is generally done in a rectangular or ellipsoid manner with the long sides spanning to show the west to the east. Flight Rising’s World Map is rectangular, but the long sides span from north to south, and even then, it’s much closer to a square than IRL world maps are. I personally think that’s an odd choice unless the map is being applied to only a particular section of a wider globular planet (such as a continent).

• I understand that this implies that Sornieth’s planet must be roughly spherical in nature. If real life physics can be applied to Flight Rising, it would have to be so according to the nature of gravity for Sornieth’s world to be technically called a planet -- which it is! But, of course, it’s also a fictional world governed by magic with dragons, so... yeah. XD

• You know how there’s one unified “Flight Rising Time” that happens to coordinate with PST for us humans? Well, I headcanon that this means the events on Sornieth are taking place in a specific timezone! ^^

• I recognize that this is wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like it would open a lot of cool lore possibilities if there were wide tracts of unexplored continents or regions in the world of Flight Rising. To put on a tinfoil hat for a second: what if the “world map” is dracocentric and operates under the (perhaps false) assumption that other lands on Sornieth’s planet don’t exist? Similar to how the general populace of Eurasia had no idea the Americas were a thing for centuries, what if these dragons stay primarily in their own little world -- which they would need to in order to breed -- while other civilizations emerged elsewhere? Life can and has existed on Sornieth without the gods’ intervention, after all.

I’m not personally sure how I would fit the Sornieth Globe familiar into this headcanon. I don’t see it as a “true map” as much as the main Flight Rising World Map -- partially because it’s a familiar and partially because of the whole dracocentric thing I was talking about earlier. Then again, this is something I haven’t considered as hard as the other bits of my headcanon, so there could be some clues hidden in this familiar that I hadn’t considered. As such, I’m extremely curious to see what you all think about 1) the relative reliability of the Sornieth Globe familiar as a map and 2) how to account for the discrepancies between it and the World Map. :D

Whew... I spent so much time thinking about the planet vs. continent debate that I didn’t really get much of a chance to consider what else may be out there. ^^; Sorry about that, anon! But I can say I like to think other Beastclans may be on as-of-now undocumented continents. Perhaps maybe humanoid beings like elves and dwarves could be around! Then, of course, there are the extraterrestrial life forms that seem to gravitate towards the Arcane territories, according to the Focal Point’s lore... hmm. That could honestly be a prompt all its own.

Pinglist was here.
I think Sornieth is a continent personally! Like, a very large one, but I bet there's stuff beyond the oceans surrounding it. In some of my dragons' lore, they try to gain information of what else is out there, but no luck so far; none of them can fly far enough to see what's beyond the horizon. None of us have boats, either xD
I suppose I could build some though... e-e
If lore allows, I want to move back to Nature, but we'll probably transplant some bamboo to grow there :v

Technically, Sornieth COULD be like Pangaea, but that'd be...boring.
I think Sornieth is a continent personally! Like, a very large one, but I bet there's stuff beyond the oceans surrounding it. In some of my dragons' lore, they try to gain information of what else is out there, but no luck so far; none of them can fly far enough to see what's beyond the horizon. None of us have boats, either xD
I suppose I could build some though... e-e
If lore allows, I want to move back to Nature, but we'll probably transplant some bamboo to grow there :v

Technically, Sornieth COULD be like Pangaea, but that'd be...boring.
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
I haven’t thought that much about this one. I just kind of assumed it was 2-3 continents on a planet, though not necessarily a spherical planet. Why? The opening of Chapter 1: The First Age describes the formation of the solar system that contains Sornieth and there we learn that the fourth planet is held together in part with magic.
Quote:
In the beginning of time, a great chaos rang out in the darkness, shining brilliantly in the form of a billion small star fragments. Amidst the emptiness, a handful of these shards combined and churned themselves into a series of heavenly bodies, quietly floating around a young sun.

It did not stop there, however. The fourth-furthest world in this celestial family appeared to be having troubles forming. While the other bodies were solidifying, it remained calamitous, suffering from years upon years of explosive tumult.

Magic.

Unlike its brother and sister realms, this fledgling planet teemed with unimaginable energies. As chunks of stone and dust smashed against one another, they prevented the perfect astronomic harmony needed to truly form a world.

We know it still has tectonic activity of some kind from the BotE Fire entry’s active volcano. So very slowly, some of the regions maybe moving apart or smashing together. The Ice domain is unconnected to any other realm, so I think of it as a separate continent like Antarctica. I am not sure if Nature & Earth are connected, so that’s why 2-3 and not a solid 2 or solid 3.

Really cool prompt, looking forward to trying out new ideas!
I haven’t thought that much about this one. I just kind of assumed it was 2-3 continents on a planet, though not necessarily a spherical planet. Why? The opening of Chapter 1: The First Age describes the formation of the solar system that contains Sornieth and there we learn that the fourth planet is held together in part with magic.
Quote:
In the beginning of time, a great chaos rang out in the darkness, shining brilliantly in the form of a billion small star fragments. Amidst the emptiness, a handful of these shards combined and churned themselves into a series of heavenly bodies, quietly floating around a young sun.

It did not stop there, however. The fourth-furthest world in this celestial family appeared to be having troubles forming. While the other bodies were solidifying, it remained calamitous, suffering from years upon years of explosive tumult.

Magic.

Unlike its brother and sister realms, this fledgling planet teemed with unimaginable energies. As chunks of stone and dust smashed against one another, they prevented the perfect astronomic harmony needed to truly form a world.

We know it still has tectonic activity of some kind from the BotE Fire entry’s active volcano. So very slowly, some of the regions maybe moving apart or smashing together. The Ice domain is unconnected to any other realm, so I think of it as a separate continent like Antarctica. I am not sure if Nature & Earth are connected, so that’s why 2-3 and not a solid 2 or solid 3.

Really cool prompt, looking forward to trying out new ideas!
UYU9v2z.jpg
Using the map as a reference, there may possibly be only wind, considering the wind is coming from the other side of the globe.

Or, what other users are thinking, there is a huge unexplored ocean.
Using the map as a reference, there may possibly be only wind, considering the wind is coming from the other side of the globe.

Or, what other users are thinking, there is a huge unexplored ocean.
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
I look at the Sornieth map like I would with old maps that just show a country and its surroundings, its definitely dracocentric, since it is made by someone from these very regions (and nearly all maps are centered around the country they come from).
The regions we see would definitely also be at least one continent, though I rather would agree with FeDog that it would be 2 or 3. Yet out of different reasons. Islands dont need to be a seperate continent (like with britain which is still on euroasia continent or island which is half-euroasia, half-american if I remember right), but the southern icefield most likely is.

Also the huge bonus that they can extend their map whenever they need to and show new regions with new dragon species and beastclans etc
I look at the Sornieth map like I would with old maps that just show a country and its surroundings, its definitely dracocentric, since it is made by someone from these very regions (and nearly all maps are centered around the country they come from).
The regions we see would definitely also be at least one continent, though I rather would agree with FeDog that it would be 2 or 3. Yet out of different reasons. Islands dont need to be a seperate continent (like with britain which is still on euroasia continent or island which is half-euroasia, half-american if I remember right), but the southern icefield most likely is.

Also the huge bonus that they can extend their map whenever they need to and show new regions with new dragon species and beastclans etc
ukDKhF5.png
Every time I look at the Sornieth map, I just can't imagine it being the entire planet. The map shape, as you mentioned, isn't elliptical as a world map would be, and the globe familiar..... really can't be depended on for anything in my opinion, ahaha!

DeFog pretty much nailed it on the head with the idea of 2-3 continents and the tectonic activity - I hadn't heard about the whole solar system thing, though - which is totally fascinating to me! I wonder what the other planets are like, or if there's life on them and if there is, what kinds......

But I digress, that's off topic and another discussion entirely. The map definitely does look dracocentric - I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot more to Sornieth than just the 'known world' as it were.
Every time I look at the Sornieth map, I just can't imagine it being the entire planet. The map shape, as you mentioned, isn't elliptical as a world map would be, and the globe familiar..... really can't be depended on for anything in my opinion, ahaha!

DeFog pretty much nailed it on the head with the idea of 2-3 continents and the tectonic activity - I hadn't heard about the whole solar system thing, though - which is totally fascinating to me! I wonder what the other planets are like, or if there's life on them and if there is, what kinds......

But I digress, that's off topic and another discussion entirely. The map definitely does look dracocentric - I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot more to Sornieth than just the 'known world' as it were.
i think sornieth is just a really small planet. maybe around the same size as pluto. not much for me to say tbh
i think sornieth is just a really small planet. maybe around the same size as pluto. not much for me to say tbh
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 46 47