Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 46 47
I've got a weird variety of dragons in my lair, all with a variety of jobs; most of them are still nature-themed, as we're a nature clan at heart, but we were forced to Wind for aesthetic by a sickness, so honestly, we don't have very many wind-y jobs. :')

The most important jobs would be gardeners, mages, and wind adepts, as the three combined are what allow the floating gardens to stay just that. After that would come our base jobs; hunters, gatherers, and warriors. If we can't feed or defend ourselves, we're not much of a clan, right?
While everyone in the clan is equal, we have the council that others look to for leadership, so I guess their jobs are pretty important too. (One dragon of each of the four pairs also helps bring about the changing of the seasons, so that's a big thing!)
After that, everyone's pretty much got miscellaneous jobs, and the clan itself is split into...4 different groups? 1 main clan, 2 subclans, and then a huge group of wanderers / nomads. (And then there's the rest of my lair, which I'm either undecided on, or they aren't canon).

Outsiders are probably confused by our lack of organization and traditional values, but the clan is content.

I'm currently in a state of desperately wanting to revamp my lair, but I find myself attached to the weird, non-cohesive collection of dragons I'm proud to own :')
I've got a weird variety of dragons in my lair, all with a variety of jobs; most of them are still nature-themed, as we're a nature clan at heart, but we were forced to Wind for aesthetic by a sickness, so honestly, we don't have very many wind-y jobs. :')

The most important jobs would be gardeners, mages, and wind adepts, as the three combined are what allow the floating gardens to stay just that. After that would come our base jobs; hunters, gatherers, and warriors. If we can't feed or defend ourselves, we're not much of a clan, right?
While everyone in the clan is equal, we have the council that others look to for leadership, so I guess their jobs are pretty important too. (One dragon of each of the four pairs also helps bring about the changing of the seasons, so that's a big thing!)
After that, everyone's pretty much got miscellaneous jobs, and the clan itself is split into...4 different groups? 1 main clan, 2 subclans, and then a huge group of wanderers / nomads. (And then there's the rest of my lair, which I'm either undecided on, or they aren't canon).

Outsiders are probably confused by our lack of organization and traditional values, but the clan is content.

I'm currently in a state of desperately wanting to revamp my lair, but I find myself attached to the weird, non-cohesive collection of dragons I'm proud to own :')
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
-rubs hands- my time to shine lads, I love having different jobs in my clan.

The most important jobs are those of the Council members. The clan leader and co-leader, Ara and Oras are arguably the most important, but Aura and Astrid help out as some extra level heads. The Flights Ambassadors are also part of the council. Each of them is responsible for communications with other clans from the particular flight they are beholden to.

Then there are the different "groups" of jobs.

The scouts are responsible for, well, scouting. Finding new resources, checking up on the state of their territory. As they are fast, the scouts are often messengers too. My two realtors also fall under the scouts grouping, focusing on helping budding clans find a nice place to live.

The gatherers are the largest grouping. They contain the forgers and hunters, and while controversial, the scavengers too. No one really wants to be associated with the scavenging team due to their rather shady practices. It's not uncommon for them to "scavenge" something that already has an owner. One of the scavengers also has a side job as a bounty hunter, although this role of hers is less known.

The traders are the other biggest grouping. My clan operates as a trading hub, so the traders have a very important role. Usually travelling clans and merchants will pass through to do business, but the traders are also responsible with going out to locations to discuss deals.

The warriors and fighters are important. They mostly serve their time as guards and sentries, but some dragons may serve as trainers too, for any passing wanderers looking for a path to serve their god.

The other "group" would be the cooks. They organise food, whether that involves cooking, or gardening.

The rest of the roles are a little more scattered and don't fall under any particular group, but all fit within the clan.

There are the entertainment dragons, who organise music and plays.
The academics, like scholars and teachers.
The crafters. This includes apparel/clothing making, architecture, and my two favourites, cushions making and candle making.
The electricians and blacksmiths, who also include my lovely glass-blower.
Some magic related roles, like my necromancer and witch doctor
Healing, whether it be potions or spells.

And a few other oddly spotted ones, like the vault-keeper, who keeps the vault safe. The alchemist, a beastclan-translator, a jeweler, a couple of treasurers. Body-modder (who does tattoos, piercings, and is in charge of gene and breed changes) , beast-keeper, mapmaker, a barista and even a sweet-maker!

It's a decent sized clan, so we've got a lot of roles covered.
-rubs hands- my time to shine lads, I love having different jobs in my clan.

The most important jobs are those of the Council members. The clan leader and co-leader, Ara and Oras are arguably the most important, but Aura and Astrid help out as some extra level heads. The Flights Ambassadors are also part of the council. Each of them is responsible for communications with other clans from the particular flight they are beholden to.

Then there are the different "groups" of jobs.

The scouts are responsible for, well, scouting. Finding new resources, checking up on the state of their territory. As they are fast, the scouts are often messengers too. My two realtors also fall under the scouts grouping, focusing on helping budding clans find a nice place to live.

The gatherers are the largest grouping. They contain the forgers and hunters, and while controversial, the scavengers too. No one really wants to be associated with the scavenging team due to their rather shady practices. It's not uncommon for them to "scavenge" something that already has an owner. One of the scavengers also has a side job as a bounty hunter, although this role of hers is less known.

The traders are the other biggest grouping. My clan operates as a trading hub, so the traders have a very important role. Usually travelling clans and merchants will pass through to do business, but the traders are also responsible with going out to locations to discuss deals.

The warriors and fighters are important. They mostly serve their time as guards and sentries, but some dragons may serve as trainers too, for any passing wanderers looking for a path to serve their god.

The other "group" would be the cooks. They organise food, whether that involves cooking, or gardening.

The rest of the roles are a little more scattered and don't fall under any particular group, but all fit within the clan.

There are the entertainment dragons, who organise music and plays.
The academics, like scholars and teachers.
The crafters. This includes apparel/clothing making, architecture, and my two favourites, cushions making and candle making.
The electricians and blacksmiths, who also include my lovely glass-blower.
Some magic related roles, like my necromancer and witch doctor
Healing, whether it be potions or spells.

And a few other oddly spotted ones, like the vault-keeper, who keeps the vault safe. The alchemist, a beastclan-translator, a jeweler, a couple of treasurers. Body-modder (who does tattoos, piercings, and is in charge of gene and breed changes) , beast-keeper, mapmaker, a barista and even a sweet-maker!

It's a decent sized clan, so we've got a lot of roles covered.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
Oh oh oh!! I'll actually answer one of these for once, since occupations in my clan and their implications are very, very important.

Some background information: In the Shrieking Wilds where my clan is settled, the Beastclans surrounding the area are very, very vicious and brutal to Clan Aquila. This means that anyone who can fight the Beastclans will fight the Beastclans. Other jobs are secondary and are only present to cater to the basic needs of the clan, plus a few specialties.

So! In Clan Aquila, you are one of three things: A warrior, a cultist, one of the few "normal" residents, or a representative from another clan that has integrated itself into our clan. These things tend to run together very easily, and the only strict job is warrior: the defenders can only be male Tundras and must swear off breeding. Of course, one can be more than a warrior: for example, Gyroscope is a warrior when needed but works as a jeweler in his free time. He makes some other metal trinkets besides just finery, though.

The cultists are the closest thing to freeloaders as you get. While, on one hand, they provide children to send to the gods (although it is against their beliefs, they're pretty chill) since they don't have breeding restrictions, they also don't protect the clan from invasion. It's a risky balance that Corvalon, the clan leader, pretty much only allows because he must keep up an image of a universally-accepting clan.

The few other "regular" residents do the rest of the tasks: gathering, record-keeping, and keeping the clan afloat while the warriors are off keeping the borders secure. The flight representatives sometimes help with this task, but their primary purpose is to serve in the Flowerbomb Squad, led by Marco.

The Squad is one of the most important groups in the clan; while not vital to the clan itself, the Squad frequently surprises other clans with bundles of flowers and occasionally other valuables. While Marco runs it just for fun, Corvalon likes to see the Squad as a diplomatic thing: they appear friendly and welcoming to to other clans around which greatly lessens any threat that's non-Beastclan. The warriors are already stretched thin and really don't need any other wars to fight currently.
Oh oh oh!! I'll actually answer one of these for once, since occupations in my clan and their implications are very, very important.

Some background information: In the Shrieking Wilds where my clan is settled, the Beastclans surrounding the area are very, very vicious and brutal to Clan Aquila. This means that anyone who can fight the Beastclans will fight the Beastclans. Other jobs are secondary and are only present to cater to the basic needs of the clan, plus a few specialties.

So! In Clan Aquila, you are one of three things: A warrior, a cultist, one of the few "normal" residents, or a representative from another clan that has integrated itself into our clan. These things tend to run together very easily, and the only strict job is warrior: the defenders can only be male Tundras and must swear off breeding. Of course, one can be more than a warrior: for example, Gyroscope is a warrior when needed but works as a jeweler in his free time. He makes some other metal trinkets besides just finery, though.

The cultists are the closest thing to freeloaders as you get. While, on one hand, they provide children to send to the gods (although it is against their beliefs, they're pretty chill) since they don't have breeding restrictions, they also don't protect the clan from invasion. It's a risky balance that Corvalon, the clan leader, pretty much only allows because he must keep up an image of a universally-accepting clan.

The few other "regular" residents do the rest of the tasks: gathering, record-keeping, and keeping the clan afloat while the warriors are off keeping the borders secure. The flight representatives sometimes help with this task, but their primary purpose is to serve in the Flowerbomb Squad, led by Marco.

The Squad is one of the most important groups in the clan; while not vital to the clan itself, the Squad frequently surprises other clans with bundles of flowers and occasionally other valuables. While Marco runs it just for fun, Corvalon likes to see the Squad as a diplomatic thing: they appear friendly and welcoming to to other clans around which greatly lessens any threat that's non-Beastclan. The warriors are already stretched thin and really don't need any other wars to fight currently.
corrosivedepin.gif

lore shop
clan lore
AIG1rOK.png
I'm still working on my clan's lore thread, but I have plans for a very extensive "factions" post that will feature such things as warriors, mages, healers, ambassadors, merchants, and a variety of other such things. A few notable workers in my clan: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20406832] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204069/20406832_350.png[/img] [/url] Anubis is the clan Undertaker; everything relating to death falls to him. His partner and associate, Anapa, is the Gravekeeper - together two two carefully organize everything when it comes to the death of a Toxic Wastes member. Most dragons are cremated or buried depending on the wishes of their family; graves are located in a large chamber with a very long tunnel between it and the rest of the system. Larger dragons like Guardians and Ridgebacks are almost always cremated, or buried elsewhere, and Imperials... well, Anubis and Anapa have strict instructions from King Andiron to make sure that Imperial bodies are properly disposed of. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7414635] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/74147/7414635_350.png[/img] [/url] Lues is the clan Priestess, a devoted Acolyte of Plague who teaches the values and lessons to be learned from the Plaguebringer. Not every dragon in the Wastes worships the Plaguebringer, and Lues accepts that, but her sermons are for Plaguebringer worship only. Unfortunately, as of late, she's had strange contenders for her position - Odol, another Acolyte and a powerful mystic, who strongly opposes her use of Necromancy; and Selvans, a strange Nature dragon who appeared not long after The Bloom (the event in which flora overtook much of the Wastes). Lues has always shrugged Odol off, but Selvans and the strange aura around him seem to genuinely unnerve her... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17523553] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/175236/17523553_350.png[/img] [/url] Skaldi is the clan Tailor! He's responsible for all outfits and accessories in the Wastes, not including jewelry because he has no idea how to polish stones or other such things. He's a nervous, anti-social dragon with a severe phobia of social interaction and a distinct stutter when he's nervous. Luckily he has his assistant, Elio, to keep him grounded. He has experience with fabrics and materials of all kinds, and gladly makes clothing for Faes and Imps alike! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19627313] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196274/19627313_350.png[/img] [/url] Yuto is the clan Warlord, though "General" or "Commander" might be more apt. He is in command of all the Toxic Wastes' soldiers, including Pollux, the local Exaltee Trainer who prepares dragons for a life of serving their deity. Andiron still has final say, but has given Yuto the authority to do just about anything he deems appropriate. Luckily Yuto is very responsible, though things can get a little tense between him and Zann, the "Warrior Prince" who was actually exiled from the Viridian Labyrinth. Zann thinks he should be the one in charge, which Yuto disagrees with. Zann also thinks Skaldi has a "great warrior" within him and keeps trying to "train" him, so his judgement may be skewed. Other jobs in the Toxic Wastes include: Blacksmith, Spymaster, Lookout, Alchemist, Medic, Engineer, and Medium. It's a fun place!
I'm still working on my clan's lore thread, but I have plans for a very extensive "factions" post that will feature such things as warriors, mages, healers, ambassadors, merchants, and a variety of other such things.

A few notable workers in my clan:

20406832_350.png

Anubis is the clan Undertaker; everything relating to death falls to him. His partner and associate, Anapa, is the Gravekeeper - together two two carefully organize everything when it comes to the death of a Toxic Wastes member. Most dragons are cremated or buried depending on the wishes of their family; graves are located in a large chamber with a very long tunnel between it and the rest of the system. Larger dragons like Guardians and Ridgebacks are almost always cremated, or buried elsewhere, and Imperials... well, Anubis and Anapa have strict instructions from King Andiron to make sure that Imperial bodies are properly disposed of.

7414635_350.png

Lues is the clan Priestess, a devoted Acolyte of Plague who teaches the values and lessons to be learned from the Plaguebringer. Not every dragon in the Wastes worships the Plaguebringer, and Lues accepts that, but her sermons are for Plaguebringer worship only. Unfortunately, as of late, she's had strange contenders for her position - Odol, another Acolyte and a powerful mystic, who strongly opposes her use of Necromancy; and Selvans, a strange Nature dragon who appeared not long after The Bloom (the event in which flora overtook much of the Wastes). Lues has always shrugged Odol off, but Selvans and the strange aura around him seem to genuinely unnerve her...

17523553_350.png

Skaldi is the clan Tailor! He's responsible for all outfits and accessories in the Wastes, not including jewelry because he has no idea how to polish stones or other such things. He's a nervous, anti-social dragon with a severe phobia of social interaction and a distinct stutter when he's nervous. Luckily he has his assistant, Elio, to keep him grounded. He has experience with fabrics and materials of all kinds, and gladly makes clothing for Faes and Imps alike!

19627313_350.png

Yuto is the clan Warlord, though "General" or "Commander" might be more apt. He is in command of all the Toxic Wastes' soldiers, including Pollux, the local Exaltee Trainer who prepares dragons for a life of serving their deity. Andiron still has final say, but has given Yuto the authority to do just about anything he deems appropriate. Luckily Yuto is very responsible, though things can get a little tense between him and Zann, the "Warrior Prince" who was actually exiled from the Viridian Labyrinth. Zann thinks he should be the one in charge, which Yuto disagrees with. Zann also thinks Skaldi has a "great warrior" within him and keeps trying to "train" him, so his judgement may be skewed.

Other jobs in the Toxic Wastes include: Blacksmith, Spymaster, Lookout, Alchemist, Medic, Engineer, and Medium. It's a fun place!
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
The most important job in my clan is recruiting new members...by stealing hatchlings from other clans and parents :)
The most important job in my clan is recruiting new members...by stealing hatchlings from other clans and parents :)
UZVTEBc.png
My dragons are pirates. Taki being the captain. Her husband, Scorn is the quartermaster. He is in charge of assessing punishments and boarding other ships. Some of my dragons have some non typical pirate jobs like Paradise the herbalist and Diane the ethereal oracle.
My dragons are pirates. Taki being the captain. Her husband, Scorn is the quartermaster. He is in charge of assessing punishments and boarding other ships. Some of my dragons have some non typical pirate jobs like Paradise the herbalist and Diane the ethereal oracle.
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
[center][size=6]{Gene Lore} What exactly is Firefly? What are some of the lore possibilities that come with it?[/size] Breaking News Prompt[/center] *insert Owl City joke here* Happy Greenskeeper Gathering, everybody! :D Perhaps this isn’t the most festive prompt to go with this celebration of the Nature Flight... but it could be, depending on how we interpret it. XD Flight Rising has just released its newest gene, and not only does it come from a unique place -- Swipp’s Swap Stand -- but it comes with a lot of lore-related questions that could use some answers. And that, my friends, is what we’ll be exploring today! What exactly is Firefly? Is it a gene in the conventional sense that only impacts physical markings? Is it a gene that doesn’t impact markings, but rather attracts literal or metaphorical glowing bugs to the dragons that inherit it? Or could it have started as something else that went on to become hereditary like Gembond? Depending on your interpretation of where it comes from, how might a dragon with Firefly be perceived by others? How might the gene be beneficial or detrimental in a biological or magical sense? And what lore possibilities may come from Firefly being Swipp-exclusive? Is he (and/or his daughters) the one who discovered it? How and where might he (and/or his daughters) have done so? Dive into headcanons, bounce ideas off one another, share dragons or scries with the gene (up to [b]three[/b]) and what lore you may have planned for them, and -- above all -- have fun! [center][item="Tertiary Gene: Firefly"] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] I tell you, as cute as this gene is, I had a hard time wrapping my head around it in a lore sense! I think I’ve come up with something that works for me, but I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am to see the awesome lore possibilities you guys may have. :D Personally, I like to believe Firefly is a gene that neither alters a dragon’s markings nor attracts literal bugs, but rather allows part of the dragon’s magical essence to manifest in the form of glowing spirits. The gene got its name because these spirits resemble fireflies. Additionally, to work with how it can get covered up by apparel, I’ve just decided to headcanon that the spirits are actually quite shy around around others; as such, they will hide around those that their keeper doesn’t trust with all their heart by ducking into their keeper’s clothes (which is sometimes ineffective, since they [i]do[/i] glow, after all). Of course, this could vary depending on the general spirit of their keeper, but that thought literally came to me as I was writing this paragraph and I felt it was a bit too cute not to share. ^^ As for how the gene would be perceived, I think Firefly could signify both to themselves and to others that this dragon has a lot of untapped magical potential, especially in the realms of spirit magic and healing. For this reason, I can see Firefly being particularly applauded in Nature dragons as it may augment their existing life-related magic. Additionally, I feel like the Firefly gene can also represent wisdom in dragons, especially fortune tellers and oracles -- after all, if they have little spirits who can guide them, perhaps their spirits will help them guide others! Light, Shadow, and Water dragons with Firefly could also be applauded for this reason! (And I bet there are a ton of other possibilities based on this interpretation as well that simply aren’t coming to mind because I’m writing this at 7 AM.) If I’m being perfectly honest, though, I’m not sure how I’d interpret Firefly being the first Swipp gene in a lore sense. I’ve been thinking long and hard about it ever since I first saw that was where users could get it from, but I’m still stumped. Advanced kudos to everyone who has come up (or will come up) with some fun lore to go with that -- I’m especially interested to see how you guys interpret this! [center][size=2]Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
{Gene Lore} What exactly is Firefly? What are some of the lore possibilities that come with it?
Breaking News Prompt

*insert Owl City joke here*

Happy Greenskeeper Gathering, everybody! :D Perhaps this isn’t the most festive prompt to go with this celebration of the Nature Flight... but it could be, depending on how we interpret it. XD

Flight Rising has just released its newest gene, and not only does it come from a unique place -- Swipp’s Swap Stand -- but it comes with a lot of lore-related questions that could use some answers. And that, my friends, is what we’ll be exploring today!

What exactly is Firefly? Is it a gene in the conventional sense that only impacts physical markings? Is it a gene that doesn’t impact markings, but rather attracts literal or metaphorical glowing bugs to the dragons that inherit it? Or could it have started as something else that went on to become hereditary like Gembond? Depending on your interpretation of where it comes from, how might a dragon with Firefly be perceived by others? How might the gene be beneficial or detrimental in a biological or magical sense? And what lore possibilities may come from Firefly being Swipp-exclusive? Is he (and/or his daughters) the one who discovered it? How and where might he (and/or his daughters) have done so?

Dive into headcanons, bounce ideas off one another, share dragons or scries with the gene (up to three) and what lore you may have planned for them, and -- above all -- have fun!

Tertiary Gene: Firefly

{*}

Some Thoughts:

I tell you, as cute as this gene is, I had a hard time wrapping my head around it in a lore sense! I think I’ve come up with something that works for me, but I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am to see the awesome lore possibilities you guys may have. :D

Personally, I like to believe Firefly is a gene that neither alters a dragon’s markings nor attracts literal bugs, but rather allows part of the dragon’s magical essence to manifest in the form of glowing spirits. The gene got its name because these spirits resemble fireflies. Additionally, to work with how it can get covered up by apparel, I’ve just decided to headcanon that the spirits are actually quite shy around around others; as such, they will hide around those that their keeper doesn’t trust with all their heart by ducking into their keeper’s clothes (which is sometimes ineffective, since they do glow, after all). Of course, this could vary depending on the general spirit of their keeper, but that thought literally came to me as I was writing this paragraph and I felt it was a bit too cute not to share. ^^

As for how the gene would be perceived, I think Firefly could signify both to themselves and to others that this dragon has a lot of untapped magical potential, especially in the realms of spirit magic and healing. For this reason, I can see Firefly being particularly applauded in Nature dragons as it may augment their existing life-related magic. Additionally, I feel like the Firefly gene can also represent wisdom in dragons, especially fortune tellers and oracles -- after all, if they have little spirits who can guide them, perhaps their spirits will help them guide others! Light, Shadow, and Water dragons with Firefly could also be applauded for this reason! (And I bet there are a ton of other possibilities based on this interpretation as well that simply aren’t coming to mind because I’m writing this at 7 AM.)

If I’m being perfectly honest, though, I’m not sure how I’d interpret Firefly being the first Swipp gene in a lore sense. I’ve been thinking long and hard about it ever since I first saw that was where users could get it from, but I’m still stumped. Advanced kudos to everyone who has come up (or will come up) with some fun lore to go with that -- I’m especially interested to see how you guys interpret this!

Pinglist was here.
Depends on the dragon, as usual. I agree with your headcanon of the "fireflies" being part of a dragon's magic, but they could also be actual bugs attracted by pheromones, or magic. They could also be draconic souls (have a couple dragons that would make sense for). (I'm probably also going to end up using them as embers/sparks/snowflakes).

I also really like this headcanon someone else made, about how the flies are a draconic parasite. Like, they lay eggs under a dragon's skin, which then hatch into the bugs. Not sure I'm going to use that one, but I like it.

As for it being a swipp gene... gameplay and story segregation. If I had to come up with lore... maybe they sell genetic altering scrolls that make dragon's produce pheromones that attract fireflies? Or maybe the gene scroll is actually a spell the dragon uses to create little "sparks" of magic hovering near them.
Depends on the dragon, as usual. I agree with your headcanon of the "fireflies" being part of a dragon's magic, but they could also be actual bugs attracted by pheromones, or magic. They could also be draconic souls (have a couple dragons that would make sense for). (I'm probably also going to end up using them as embers/sparks/snowflakes).

I also really like this headcanon someone else made, about how the flies are a draconic parasite. Like, they lay eggs under a dragon's skin, which then hatch into the bugs. Not sure I'm going to use that one, but I like it.

As for it being a swipp gene... gameplay and story segregation. If I had to come up with lore... maybe they sell genetic altering scrolls that make dragon's produce pheromones that attract fireflies? Or maybe the gene scroll is actually a spell the dragon uses to create little "sparks" of magic hovering near them.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
I see them as markings (similar to runes) that can come to life via magic. I can see them being used to light up areas. Perhaps for water/nature dragons, they could serve as lures (similar to angler fish)? Maybe you could put them on hatchlings, so that they won't get easily lost/can use the fireflies as markers? (I can see this happening, especially since they're Swipp, so they're not too expensive or that hard to get, provided RNG is nice to you.)
I see them as markings (similar to runes) that can come to life via magic. I can see them being used to light up areas. Perhaps for water/nature dragons, they could serve as lures (similar to angler fish)? Maybe you could put them on hatchlings, so that they won't get easily lost/can use the fireflies as markers? (I can see this happening, especially since they're Swipp, so they're not too expensive or that hard to get, provided RNG is nice to you.)
perhaps, as a swipp gene, it kind of functions like a baldwin gene? It is without doubt that most likely Swipp's clan travels far and wide, and offers things that are not available to the regular dragon through coliseum or gathering. So perhaps firefly is ''''activated''' through the ingestion/application of the gene scroll (and after that passed down as a gene). That doesn't necessarily mean that it's artificial, but it at least means that perhaps unknown dragons from where swipp trades from already have this gene. i kinda veered off topic, this was more about the origin of Firefly. oops. anyway, the magic thing sounds plausible. I've also read that it's possible to interpret them as nanomachines, or as literal faeries being attracted to your dragon (maybe via pheromones, which could be the actual gene) I know in a sense genes in FR are purely aesthetic, buuuut, i always like myself a biological angle, so maybe Firefly is bioluminiscient/light-devouring matter (depending on coloration) expelled from the dragon's pores, which could aid as a distraction in combat perhaps. Like the cardinal fish, you know? [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JRMAoWE2D7c/hqdefault.jpg[/img] Alternatively, miniature insects consume the through the gene magic-infused sweat/dandruff/dead scales/etc and become glowing. And they stay around because obviously its a pretty good source of food.
perhaps, as a swipp gene, it kind of functions like a baldwin gene?

It is without doubt that most likely Swipp's clan travels far and wide, and offers things that are not available to the regular dragon through coliseum or gathering.

So perhaps firefly is ''''activated''' through the ingestion/application of the gene scroll (and after that passed down as a gene). That doesn't necessarily mean that it's artificial, but it at least means that perhaps unknown dragons from where swipp trades from already have this gene.

i kinda veered off topic, this was more about the origin of Firefly. oops.

anyway, the magic thing sounds plausible. I've also read that it's possible to interpret them as nanomachines, or as literal faeries being attracted to your dragon (maybe via pheromones, which could be the actual gene)

I know in a sense genes in FR are purely aesthetic, buuuut, i always like myself a biological angle, so maybe Firefly is bioluminiscient/light-devouring matter (depending on coloration) expelled from the dragon's pores, which could aid as a distraction in combat perhaps. Like the cardinal fish, you know?

hqdefault.jpg

Alternatively, miniature insects consume the through the gene magic-infused sweat/dandruff/dead scales/etc and become glowing. And they stay around because obviously its a pretty good source of food.
jUpNOOr.png
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 46 47