Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46 47
[center][size=6]{Breed Lore} How do parents with a mixed nest deal with baby Snappers that never sleep?[/size] Suggested by @catgame21234[/center] [quote="The Snapper Dragons Encyclopedia Page"] A Snapper does not sleep and rarely stops moving. [/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=23](Click here to read more!)[/url] After the serious nature of Lorenieth’s last prompt, it would seem that the RNG believed we could use something a bit more lighthearted to discuss! How might parents with a mixed nest work with baby Snappers that never sleep? Does the Snapper parent take full responsibility for them while their mate rests? What happens if the Snapper parent has to leave their mate alone with baby Snappers overnight (or, more darkly, what happens if the Snapper parent is permanently absent)? Does the mate get help from other Snappers in the clan? Is there a Snapper Support Network™ that offers babysitting services for non-Snapper parents of Snapper children? Tangentially, how might a clan or their caretaker work with this issue with an Eternal Youth Snapper? [s]And have I said “Snapper” enough times in this one paragraph? XD[/s] Let’s bounce around ideas and go wild with possibilities! You can be purely hypothetical, or pull from members of your clan. If you have any mixed species pairings with a Snapper involved, feel free to share or brainstorm how they in particular tackle this issue! (You may share up to [b]two[/b] such pairings, if desired). Additionally, if you have an Eternal Youth Snapper, you may share them and how their caretakers or their clan work with them! And -- as always -- have fun! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/progeny?body=131&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=10&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=3&auth=ea88fe5014ffcccce7e88486b67a26bedbb6fd2d&dummyext=prev.png[/img] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] I haven’t considered this much before, but now that I am, I do think that Snapper parents are the ones in charge when their mate requires rest. Since they don’t need to sleep, they can handle the boisterous and restless young ones by leaving the den with them and going “exploring,” perhaps telling stories along the way to keep them entertained. Actually, in considering this prompt, I think I’ve come up with a fun little lore tidbit for my Snapper and Pearlcatcher pair, Cumulus and Heliconia! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25868831] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/258689/25868831_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24818146] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/248182/24818146_350.png[/img] [/url] These two both function as important members of my heavily WIP lore -- more specifically, as two of my [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25533359]clan leader’s[/url] three generals -- but they also happen to be fodder breeders. They have had a lot of children since I paired them together ages ago. Like... a [i]lot[/i]. And, as to be expected, about half of them are Snappers, and most of them went on to eventual exaltation (which my clan helps others train for; so far I’ve decided it’s a bit of a haven and a training ground, though again, my lore is a WIP). I’ve now decided that, while Heliconia sleeps, Cumulus takes his Snapper hatchlings on patrol around the territory with him. Since he does a nightwatch anyway, he takes this opportunity to teach them about being a good guard, relevant aspects of the history of Sornieth, etc.: things that will benefit them when they finish training and leave to serve the Gladekeeper. This allows Heliconia and the Pearlcatcher hatchlings to get their much-needed rest while also educating the Snapper hatchlings. Though of course, since he’s a bit of a goofball, he tries to make things as fun as possible for his excitable little beans! As for a hypothetical non-Snapper parent of Snapper hatchlings working without their mate (or a non-Snapper caretaker looking after an Eternal Youth Snapper)... I like to think that they can pool for babysitting from their clanmates when they need to sleep. Adult Snappers would be preferable, of course, but willing night owls of any breed could work just as well. At least, that’s my opinion! This would obviously vary depending on the “makeup” of individual clans, but I feel like this could be a generally sound solution. [center][size=2]Also, @reotheleo, it certainly was! That was some truly phenomenal analysis on the creatures from [i]Ancient Fascinations[/i] and how they could link both to the Gaolers and the habits of present-day Snappers. I’m especially fond of theory numero uno. :D Now I’m even more enamored with the headcanon than I was when I posted the prompt! Thank you so, so much for taking the time to analyze and share! Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
{Breed Lore} How do parents with a mixed nest deal with baby Snappers that never sleep?
Suggested by @catgame21234

The Snapper Dragons Encyclopedia Page wrote:
A Snapper does not sleep and rarely stops moving.

(Click here to read more!)

After the serious nature of Lorenieth’s last prompt, it would seem that the RNG believed we could use something a bit more lighthearted to discuss!

How might parents with a mixed nest work with baby Snappers that never sleep? Does the Snapper parent take full responsibility for them while their mate rests? What happens if the Snapper parent has to leave their mate alone with baby Snappers overnight (or, more darkly, what happens if the Snapper parent is permanently absent)? Does the mate get help from other Snappers in the clan? Is there a Snapper Support Network™ that offers babysitting services for non-Snapper parents of Snapper children? Tangentially, how might a clan or their caretaker work with this issue with an Eternal Youth Snapper? And have I said “Snapper” enough times in this one paragraph? XD

Let’s bounce around ideas and go wild with possibilities! You can be purely hypothetical, or pull from members of your clan. If you have any mixed species pairings with a Snapper involved, feel free to share or brainstorm how they in particular tackle this issue! (You may share up to two such pairings, if desired). Additionally, if you have an Eternal Youth Snapper, you may share them and how their caretakers or their clan work with them!

And -- as always -- have fun!

progeny?body=131&bodygene=1&breed=9&element=10&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=5&winggene=1&wings=3&auth=ea88fe5014ffcccce7e88486b67a26bedbb6fd2d&dummyext=prev.png

{*}

Some Thoughts:

I haven’t considered this much before, but now that I am, I do think that Snapper parents are the ones in charge when their mate requires rest. Since they don’t need to sleep, they can handle the boisterous and restless young ones by leaving the den with them and going “exploring,” perhaps telling stories along the way to keep them entertained. Actually, in considering this prompt, I think I’ve come up with a fun little lore tidbit for my Snapper and Pearlcatcher pair, Cumulus and Heliconia!

25868831_350.png

24818146_350.png

These two both function as important members of my heavily WIP lore -- more specifically, as two of my clan leader’s three generals -- but they also happen to be fodder breeders. They have had a lot of children since I paired them together ages ago. Like... a lot. And, as to be expected, about half of them are Snappers, and most of them went on to eventual exaltation (which my clan helps others train for; so far I’ve decided it’s a bit of a haven and a training ground, though again, my lore is a WIP).

I’ve now decided that, while Heliconia sleeps, Cumulus takes his Snapper hatchlings on patrol around the territory with him. Since he does a nightwatch anyway, he takes this opportunity to teach them about being a good guard, relevant aspects of the history of Sornieth, etc.: things that will benefit them when they finish training and leave to serve the Gladekeeper. This allows Heliconia and the Pearlcatcher hatchlings to get their much-needed rest while also educating the Snapper hatchlings. Though of course, since he’s a bit of a goofball, he tries to make things as fun as possible for his excitable little beans!

As for a hypothetical non-Snapper parent of Snapper hatchlings working without their mate (or a non-Snapper caretaker looking after an Eternal Youth Snapper)... I like to think that they can pool for babysitting from their clanmates when they need to sleep. Adult Snappers would be preferable, of course, but willing night owls of any breed could work just as well. At least, that’s my opinion! This would obviously vary depending on the “makeup” of individual clans, but I feel like this could be a generally sound solution.

Also, @reotheleo, it certainly was! That was some truly phenomenal analysis on the creatures from Ancient Fascinations and how they could link both to the Gaolers and the habits of present-day Snappers. I’m especially fond of theory numero uno. :D Now I’m even more enamored with the headcanon than I was when I posted the prompt! Thank you so, so much for taking the time to analyze and share!

Pinglist was here.
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc8k_D3yYoE/Tw4IyOKMysI/AAAAAAAAAls/awgasVzJMfA/s320/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif[/img]
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
I think both parents deal with the snapper but maybe when he snapper parent leaves the toher parent stays up for as long as they can before looking for a baby sitter of sorts to watch the hatchling while they catch some zzs.
I think both parents deal with the snapper but maybe when he snapper parent leaves the toher parent stays up for as long as they can before looking for a baby sitter of sorts to watch the hatchling while they catch some zzs.
UZVTEBc.png
I only have one snapper in my lair, who incidently is paired with a guardian, so most of their hatchlings would be guardians (just counted and yeah, only 4 out of 12 were snappers). Here they are for anyone curious: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19169720][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/191698/19169720.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13771511][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/137716/13771511.png[/img][/url] I honestly never thought about the fact that snappers never sleep, though to be honest Lazulis lore isn't exactly worked out ^^' Anyway I would tend to a snapper or some nightowl(s) taking shifts to look after the baby snappers. Like the snapper shouldn't have to do it alone since it would take a lot of energy and it would rob them of any free time if they have to help out too when their partners are awake. So a daycare (/nightcare) style, where the hacthlings can play together at day and the snapper bean is taking care of at night. (I had a dragon dedicated to hatchling care, but I can't remember which one it was oO)
I only have one snapper in my lair, who incidently is paired with a guardian, so most of their hatchlings would be guardians (just counted and yeah, only 4 out of 12 were snappers).
Here they are for anyone curious:
19169720.png 13771511.png

I honestly never thought about the fact that snappers never sleep, though to be honest Lazulis lore isn't exactly worked out ^^'
Anyway I would tend to a snapper or some nightowl(s) taking shifts to look after the baby snappers. Like the snapper shouldn't have to do it alone since it would take a lot of energy and it would rob them of any free time if they have to help out too when their partners are awake. So a daycare (/nightcare) style, where the hacthlings can play together at day and the snapper bean is taking care of at night.

(I had a dragon dedicated to hatchling care, but I can't remember which one it was oO)
ukDKhF5.png
Personally I think the more interesting question here is, how and why do Snappers never sleep? The Encyclopedia doesn't seem to answer that and I'd be fascinated to go over how they might conserve energy or recharge...

Oh, should I submit that?

Anyway, I imagine it really is as simple as the Snapper parent taking over in the nighttime. That, or finding a Snapper babysitter. In the absence of a Snapper - maybe a Spiral? Risky, because of their sudden narcolepsy, but they're energetic enough to keep up with a sleepless, full-of-questions baby Snapper for at least a little while.

That, or have your average monotone Fae read them a story. Maybe it would actually put the little devils to sleep!
Personally I think the more interesting question here is, how and why do Snappers never sleep? The Encyclopedia doesn't seem to answer that and I'd be fascinated to go over how they might conserve energy or recharge...

Oh, should I submit that?

Anyway, I imagine it really is as simple as the Snapper parent taking over in the nighttime. That, or finding a Snapper babysitter. In the absence of a Snapper - maybe a Spiral? Risky, because of their sudden narcolepsy, but they're energetic enough to keep up with a sleepless, full-of-questions baby Snapper for at least a little while.

That, or have your average monotone Fae read them a story. Maybe it would actually put the little devils to sleep!
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
[quote name="@Tox" date="2018-05-20 08:34:53" ] Personally I think the more interesting question here is, how and why do Snappers never sleep? The Encyclopedia doesn't seem to answer that and I'd be fascinated to go over how they might conserve energy or recharge... [/quote] Dragons are magical beeings and all dragons where made in a deitie's image. for snappers that'd be Earthshaker. Earthshaker is implyed to have atleast some time of mental disability from atleast my interpitation. Perhaps depression [img]http://i.imgur.com/WO9Nkwy.png[/img] he's clearly seen sleeping from time to time. https://www.google.com/search?q=depression+symptoms&oq=depression+sym&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.4659j1j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 [b]Symtoms[/b] Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, loss of appetite, or [u]restlessness[/u] Sleep: early awakening, [u]excess sleepiness[/u], [u]insomnia[/u], or restless sleep [img]https://i.imgur.com/9QaLSlv.png[/img] [quote=the map]The Pillar of the World The sorrowful, crumbling remains of the final vestiges of peace between the elemental flights. It is this monument alone that towered above the world, acting as the base of a great magical shield whose purpose was to protect the land from the roaming Shade, a devouring plague of darkness. The Earthshaker has existed here for time immemorial, both guarding and mourning the structure that once held his brothers and sisters together. [/quote] Behavioral: agitation, [u]excessive crying[/u], irritability, or [u]social isolation[/u] a snapeprs weight could als come with the eating disorder that cmoes with depression as well. that or just a nod t earthshaker being a very massive dude. but it can be theorized that through his magic he made snappers have never any sleep as a tick he cant get rid of, but changed it to a blessing, They remember everything because [i]he[/i] remembers everything. [i]absolutely everything. and he can never forget what happend[/i] [s]god i love earthshaker[/s]
@Tox wrote on 2018-05-20 08:34:53:
Dragons are magical beeings and all dragons where made in a deitie's image. for snappers that'd be Earthshaker.

Earthshaker is implyed to have atleast some time of mental disability from atleast my interpitation. Perhaps depression

WO9Nkwy.png

he's clearly seen sleeping from time to time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=depression+symptoms&oq=depression+sym&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.4659j1j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Symtoms

Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, loss of appetite, or restlessness

Sleep: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep

9QaLSlv.png
the map wrote:
The Pillar of the World
The sorrowful, crumbling remains of the final vestiges of peace between the elemental flights. It is this monument alone that towered above the world, acting as the base of a great magical shield whose purpose was to protect the land from the roaming Shade, a devouring plague of darkness. The Earthshaker has existed here for time immemorial, both guarding and mourning the structure that once held his brothers and sisters together.

Behavioral: agitation, excessive crying, irritability, or social isolation

a snapeprs weight could als come with the eating disorder that cmoes with depression as well. that or just a nod t earthshaker being a very massive dude.

but
it can be theorized that through his magic he made snappers have never any sleep as a tick he cant get rid of, but changed it to a blessing,

They remember everything because he remembers everything.
absolutely everything. and he can never forget what happend

god i love earthshaker
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
For the "why don't Snappers sleep" I see it as just a piece of their biology. Some animals don't sleep at all! My theory is that they shut down half of their brain while the other half remains awake to keep an eye on hatchlings or watch out for beastclans. Dolphins do the same thing.

...I have literally no basis for that theory, other than I think it's cool how some animals only half sleep. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Anyway, when my clan had a Snapper, he was an artistan and would keep the Snapper hatchlings (Snaplings?) entertained by telling them made-up stories about the things he carved out of wood and stone. Even some of the other hatchlings would join him on occasion, although they would fall asleep halfway through.
For the "why don't Snappers sleep" I see it as just a piece of their biology. Some animals don't sleep at all! My theory is that they shut down half of their brain while the other half remains awake to keep an eye on hatchlings or watch out for beastclans. Dolphins do the same thing.

...I have literally no basis for that theory, other than I think it's cool how some animals only half sleep. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Anyway, when my clan had a Snapper, he was an artistan and would keep the Snapper hatchlings (Snaplings?) entertained by telling them made-up stories about the things he carved out of wood and stone. Even some of the other hatchlings would join him on occasion, although they would fall asleep halfway through.
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
Well, I don't think of Snappers as the fastest dragons--what would be scary is a baby Spiral that never slept.

In my clan, we have a small team of hatchling caretakers (currently 3, though we never have hatchlings OTL ) and I like to think that since many dragons are social, their nesting habits often involve other dragon parents or..well, caretakers. I want a better word for them. Is broodmother acceptable?

Anywho, when it comes to nesting, I like to imagine that all dragons have that "pack mentality" and want to lay their eggs around other dragons, so I'm sure there's plenty of dragons around to help.

Besides, who said dragons have to sleep every day? I like to think (with their extended lifespans) that they can go a short period of time without sleep, and each "day" doesn't hold the same meaning for them as it does to us. A day to them could be a week to us, who knows?
Well, I don't think of Snappers as the fastest dragons--what would be scary is a baby Spiral that never slept.

In my clan, we have a small team of hatchling caretakers (currently 3, though we never have hatchlings OTL ) and I like to think that since many dragons are social, their nesting habits often involve other dragon parents or..well, caretakers. I want a better word for them. Is broodmother acceptable?

Anywho, when it comes to nesting, I like to imagine that all dragons have that "pack mentality" and want to lay their eggs around other dragons, so I'm sure there's plenty of dragons around to help.

Besides, who said dragons have to sleep every day? I like to think (with their extended lifespans) that they can go a short period of time without sleep, and each "day" doesn't hold the same meaning for them as it does to us. A day to them could be a week to us, who knows?
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[center][size=6]{User Lore} What jobs do dragons in your clan have? What are some of the more important ones?[/size] Suggested by @Tox[/center] [quote="Tox"] I love dragon jobs and the differences between clans! I can't wait to see how people have spread tasks and purposes amongst their dragons, and how it affects or is affected by the theme of their clan. Dragons who live in tunnels will have very different jobs than dragons who live in a city - or maybe not! [/quote] I’m also quite excited to see what everyone has to offer for this prompt. :D What jobs do dragons in you clan have? What are some of the more important ones? Are there any that may not be seen as important, but still connect to the main lore of your clan or where it lives? Conversely, are there any that may be considered important or honorable by your clan’s standards, while outside dragons with no context may not recognize this at first? Feel free to share a handful of dragons, brainstorm ideas, and poll for ideas from other users! And, as always, have fun! ^^ [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/579546891152547840/dmWIxfEU_400x400.png[/img] [size=2]Stormcatcher posted here because... GET BACK TO WORK![/size] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] As I’m figuring the main portion of my clan out, I have to say that the sort of jobs my dragons have are all over the place, but tend to contribute to its main point: as a safe haven for soldiers and a training ground for future exaltees. It obviously has its [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25533359]leader[/url], who is in charge of managing the clan as a whole, but he has a small but impressive staff of permanent residents who help make his dream a reality. His [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25533360]three[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25868831]trusted[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24818146]generals[/url] are primarily in charge of keeping the Biome Clan safe. His first general and mate, Pheonie, is more of a strategic healer and planner than anything else; she rarely comes to the field, but rather ensures things run smoothly behind the scenes. His second general, Heliconia, is primarily in charge of daytime patrols and weapons training of recruits. His third general, Cumulus, prefers to patrol at night -- which takes advantage of his species’ lack of a need for sleep -- and teach relevant history to hatchlings. Together, they are the primary force that runs the Biome Clan and keeps it safe. The actual, physical training honors mostly go to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26996680]Matespeare[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27253485]Englausie[/url]. Their personalities aren’t quite worked out yet and this job won’t be the only thing they do for the clan, but they pack a hell of a punch when they work together. Most other key clan positions are support roles. Again, none of them are really fleshed out -- as I’ve said quite a bit, my lore is a WIP -- but so far here’s what I have: my main avatar dragon, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30484379]Aetha[/url], is in charge of handling hatchlings throughout the day and night and teaching essential knowledge like tending to familiars and herbalism. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30873212]Marten[/url], in spite of his eclectic personal style, is in charge of supplying refugees and temporary residents with new clothes; meanwhile, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28129514]Peregrine[/url] is in charge of housing them all, functioning more or less as their landlord. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40456127]Tollom[/url] cooks meals for the public canteen, while his mate, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36090851]Aoife[/url], goes out into the field to catalog the local plant and animal life; she’s usually the first to know if something is wrong in the Gladeveins! None of these roles may seem big individually, but together, they ensure that the clan runs efficiently and maintain its tight-knit community. Meanwhile, my “sub-clan” for my [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2245811/1]Legacy of War[/url] takes place in two different regions in the Gladeveins: the peaceful-trading-town-turned-rogue’s-den of Fyrith, and the labyrinth of the Whisperers. They each come with their own unique job positions: [quote="The Waltz of Whispers"] [b]Fyrith[/b] is governed by its dictator, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34432222]Branwen the Brutal[/url], who governs pretty much everything with an iron fist. She’s assisted by her “catalyst,” [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28348372]Ernest[/url], whose job title is not the most mysterious thing about him. Her son, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35380847]Fritz the Fearless[/url], is set to be put in charge of minor rogue clusters, effectively becoming something of a loose general. These three alone are the backbone of Fyrith, while the rest of its residents are rogues that raid wanderers for riches and serve her. Servers like [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30575386]Envy[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30241000]Orso[/url] tend to stay close to town, while raiders set to prove their worth like [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35181741]Booboo[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35325394]Lunombro[/url] tend to wander farther into the Gladeveins. They have more specific roles, of course, but not ones I’ll dive into for now. Meanwhile, [b]the labyrinth[/b] is governed by a series of thirteen elders, one for each of most of the breeds; [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35006056]Baddeleyite[/url] is one of them. There are a series of dragons that collectively supply food, materials, etc. to the Whisperers, but among the other job ranks come the two of primary importance in the story: captains and agents. Captains, like [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34377628]Rhea[/url], lead groups of agents, like [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35041943]Xanthus[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35118677]Oroba[/url], out onto the field to rescue the unwitting wanderers who were raided, captured, or clobbered by the barbarians who serve Branwen. Becoming an agent is a process that requires a lot of training and skill; a captain even more so. Occasionally, captains and agents will even be able to convince the beaten wanderers to join their cause! [/quote]
{User Lore} What jobs do dragons in your clan have? What are some of the more important ones?
Suggested by @Tox

Tox wrote:
I love dragon jobs and the differences between clans! I can't wait to see how people have spread tasks and purposes amongst their dragons, and how it affects or is affected by the theme of their clan. Dragons who live in tunnels will have very different jobs than dragons who live in a city - or maybe not!

I’m also quite excited to see what everyone has to offer for this prompt. :D

What jobs do dragons in you clan have? What are some of the more important ones? Are there any that may not be seen as important, but still connect to the main lore of your clan or where it lives? Conversely, are there any that may be considered important or honorable by your clan’s standards, while outside dragons with no context may not recognize this at first?

Feel free to share a handful of dragons, brainstorm ideas, and poll for ideas from other users! And, as always, have fun! ^^

dmWIxfEU_400x400.png

Stormcatcher posted here because... GET BACK TO WORK!

{*}

Some Thoughts:

As I’m figuring the main portion of my clan out, I have to say that the sort of jobs my dragons have are all over the place, but tend to contribute to its main point: as a safe haven for soldiers and a training ground for future exaltees. It obviously has its leader, who is in charge of managing the clan as a whole, but he has a small but impressive staff of permanent residents who help make his dream a reality.

His three trusted generals are primarily in charge of keeping the Biome Clan safe. His first general and mate, Pheonie, is more of a strategic healer and planner than anything else; she rarely comes to the field, but rather ensures things run smoothly behind the scenes. His second general, Heliconia, is primarily in charge of daytime patrols and weapons training of recruits. His third general, Cumulus, prefers to patrol at night -- which takes advantage of his species’ lack of a need for sleep -- and teach relevant history to hatchlings. Together, they are the primary force that runs the Biome Clan and keeps it safe.

The actual, physical training honors mostly go to Matespeare and Englausie. Their personalities aren’t quite worked out yet and this job won’t be the only thing they do for the clan, but they pack a hell of a punch when they work together.

Most other key clan positions are support roles. Again, none of them are really fleshed out -- as I’ve said quite a bit, my lore is a WIP -- but so far here’s what I have: my main avatar dragon, Aetha, is in charge of handling hatchlings throughout the day and night and teaching essential knowledge like tending to familiars and herbalism. Marten, in spite of his eclectic personal style, is in charge of supplying refugees and temporary residents with new clothes; meanwhile, Peregrine is in charge of housing them all, functioning more or less as their landlord. Tollom cooks meals for the public canteen, while his mate, Aoife, goes out into the field to catalog the local plant and animal life; she’s usually the first to know if something is wrong in the Gladeveins!

None of these roles may seem big individually, but together, they ensure that the clan runs efficiently and maintain its tight-knit community.

Meanwhile, my “sub-clan” for my Legacy of War takes place in two different regions in the Gladeveins: the peaceful-trading-town-turned-rogue’s-den of Fyrith, and the labyrinth of the Whisperers. They each come with their own unique job positions:

The Waltz of Whispers wrote:
Fyrith is governed by its dictator, Branwen the Brutal, who governs pretty much everything with an iron fist. She’s assisted by her “catalyst,” Ernest, whose job title is not the most mysterious thing about him. Her son, Fritz the Fearless, is set to be put in charge of minor rogue clusters, effectively becoming something of a loose general. These three alone are the backbone of Fyrith, while the rest of its residents are rogues that raid wanderers for riches and serve her. Servers like Envy and Orso tend to stay close to town, while raiders set to prove their worth like Booboo and Lunombro tend to wander farther into the Gladeveins. They have more specific roles, of course, but not ones I’ll dive into for now.

Meanwhile, the labyrinth is governed by a series of thirteen elders, one for each of most of the breeds; Baddeleyite is one of them. There are a series of dragons that collectively supply food, materials, etc. to the Whisperers, but among the other job ranks come the two of primary importance in the story: captains and agents. Captains, like Rhea, lead groups of agents, like Xanthus and Oroba, out onto the field to rescue the unwitting wanderers who were raided, captured, or clobbered by the barbarians who serve Branwen. Becoming an agent is a process that requires a lot of training and skill; a captain even more so. Occasionally, captains and agents will even be able to convince the beaten wanderers to join their cause!
Eirig’s main task (as yet unsuccessful) is to convince the Tempest Spire that his Golem Podid army is safe and useful. There have been issues...but no worse than other clan’s choices. The entire lair has bought into the cray cray, and they hope his invention will bring honor to the clan. The verdict is out on this.
Eirig’s main task (as yet unsuccessful) is to convince the Tempest Spire that his Golem Podid army is safe and useful. There have been issues...but no worse than other clan’s choices. The entire lair has bought into the cray cray, and they hope his invention will bring honor to the clan. The verdict is out on this.
UYU9v2z.jpg
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 46 47