Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 46 47
[quote name="@Maliha" date="2018-04-29 13:27:04" ] To everyone else, I apologize for the disruption this has become (I never would have expected a massive 1000+ word reply in response to a very simple observation), and I won't be engaging further. Please continue to create and post your amazing contributions here! I love seeing what you awesomely creative individuals come up with. :) [/quote] Like wise, This will be my intended last volley here. I mean…1. Ow, my soul at being rejected of even a skim (playful tone). 2. if you want a TLDR; Me saying fact isn't going to stop anyone from making an epic fan fic crossover with all their favorite characters or head cannon that faes are not fished eyed and smile. I wrote what I did and as much as I did because given the nature of this thread (very text heavy conversation with others sharing their thoughts on a written subject) I thought it would spark well constructed conversation wile everyones talking about Swipp trading dragons on a game designed for young teenagers and up for disbite how diffrent the topics are they'ed all be on topic. That and me personally it helps to have at least a few images to help brake when you are talking about a new topic or helps others to visualize your points. Walls of text are not easy on the eyes after all, but are in the spirit with the thread being ran here, just look at the opening prompt right above us (last page?). And I agree that I am hyper simplifying the points with the differences of modernism and post-modernism given that the sorce I was useing was published my a man who's only artist background that Is known about him is acting. But from what I have studied in art history that everything he said there is roughly the main idea of what they taught me back in class. It was presented in a short fun way that others –potentially much younger than either one of us(?)– can understand it. In the end of it all I was just trying to stress that I was catering to people who eats apples, because I know others who'd eat oranges would eat them anyway and ignore the apples. The "Apples to Oranges" argument. Though given [i]your[/i] background that you brought up I can't help but to wonder how drastically different is modernism and post-modernism is to [i]literature[/i]. I have zero knowledge of the history of different styles and how it impacted writing, much less how it impacted spanish–let alone english. (I'm a trained illustrator by the way). I'm taking from what I know about physical art, like paintings and other forums of media / design, and applying it to a different art field all together. how drastic then was the change with the terms I was using?
@Maliha wrote on 2018-04-29 13:27:04:
To everyone else, I apologize for the disruption this has become (I never would have expected a massive 1000+ word reply in response to a very simple observation), and I won't be engaging further. Please continue to create and post your amazing contributions here! I love seeing what you awesomely creative individuals come up with. :)

Like wise, This will be my intended last volley here.

I mean…1. Ow, my soul at being rejected of even a skim (playful tone). 2. if you want a TLDR; Me saying fact isn't going to stop anyone from making an epic fan fic crossover with all their favorite characters or head cannon that faes are not fished eyed and smile.
I wrote what I did and as much as I did because given the nature of this thread (very text heavy conversation with others sharing their thoughts on a written subject) I thought it would spark well constructed conversation wile everyones talking about Swipp trading dragons on a game designed for young teenagers and up for disbite how diffrent the topics are they'ed all be on topic. That and me personally it helps to have at least a few images to help brake when you are talking about a new topic or helps others to visualize your points. Walls of text are not easy on the eyes after all, but are in the spirit with the thread being ran here, just look at the opening prompt right above us (last page?).

And I agree that I am hyper simplifying the points with the differences of modernism and post-modernism given that the sorce I was useing was published my a man who's only artist background that Is known about him is acting. But from what I have studied in art history that everything he said there is roughly the main idea of what they taught me back in class. It was presented in a short fun way that others –potentially much younger than either one of us(?)– can understand it. In the end of it all I was just trying to stress that I was catering to people who eats apples, because I know others who'd eat oranges would eat them anyway and ignore the apples. The "Apples to Oranges" argument.

Though given your background that you brought up I can't help but to wonder how drastically different is modernism and post-modernism is to literature. I have zero knowledge of the history of different styles and how it impacted writing, much less how it impacted spanish–let alone english. (I'm a trained illustrator by the way).
I'm taking from what I know about physical art, like paintings and other forums of media / design, and applying it to a different art field all together. how drastic then was the change with the terms I was using?
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@Dreamnorn Please don't let the users who think they're self-self-important and justified ruin your amazing prompts! They got me through camp nanowrimo! Though I haven't posted much as I am a lurker lonesome folk, I do have my own lore page where I keep all your prompts quoted for my lair lore!
@Dreamnorn Please don't let the users who think they're self-self-important and justified ruin your amazing prompts! They got me through camp nanowrimo! Though I haven't posted much as I am a lurker lonesome folk, I do have my own lore page where I keep all your prompts quoted for my lair lore!
So, to get back to the swap stand, for me this Tripp text box really illustrates her character. [quote]Yeah, this [ITEMNAME] you like so much? My dad sold out of them last week. I saved a small stockpile and now I have a monopoly on the things. "Bribe" is a strong word to throw around, but I think it's applicable. Give me [Item=treasure] 2000 and these items and maybe I'll give you [ITEMNAME].[/quote] She is not overly thrilled to be there, but she is a wicked smart salesdragon.
So, to get back to the swap stand, for me this Tripp text box really illustrates her character.
Quote:
Yeah, this [ITEMNAME] you like so much? My dad sold out of them last week. I saved a small stockpile and now I have a monopoly on the things. "Bribe" is a strong word to throw around, but I think it's applicable. Give me 2000 and these items and maybe I'll give you [ITEMNAME].

She is not overly thrilled to be there, but she is a wicked smart salesdragon.
UYU9v2z.jpg
[quote name="FeDog" date="2018-04-29 16:16:01" ] So, to get back to the swap stand, for me this Tripp text box really illustrates her character. [quote]Yeah, this [ITEMNAME] you like so much? My dad sold out of them last week. I saved a small stockpile and now I have a monopoly on the things. "Bribe" is a strong word to throw around, but I think it's applicable. Give me [Item=treasure] 2000 and these items and maybe I'll give you [ITEMNAME].[/quote] She is not overly thrilled to be there, but she is a wicked smart salesdragon. [/quote] She kinda reminds me of the night shift pelican sister from animal crossing from that quote alone. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/animalcrossing/images/9/9b/Phyllis_I_hate_you.gif[/img]
FeDog wrote on 2018-04-29 16:16:01:
So, to get back to the swap stand, for me this Tripp text box really illustrates her character.
Quote:
Yeah, this [ITEMNAME] you like so much? My dad sold out of them last week. I saved a small stockpile and now I have a monopoly on the things. "Bribe" is a strong word to throw around, but I think it's applicable. Give me 2000 and these items and maybe I'll give you [ITEMNAME].

She is not overly thrilled to be there, but she is a wicked smart salesdragon.
She kinda reminds me of the night shift pelican sister from animal crossing from that quote alone.

Phyllis_I_hate_you.gif
I think Swipp has his daughters working in his shop to help him out until they're old enough to make their own way. To sweeten the deal, he allows them to charge a certain sum of gold, which they get to keep for themselves. He trades or sells the items they collect for food and more items.

Now Pipp dreams of running her own business someday, so she absolutely loves the opportunity to get valuable work experience. And despite being able to charge more as a fee, Pipp chooses to keep her fees lower than Tripp's so she can stay competitive. Tripp, on the other hand, believes she's destined for greater things and is resentful that she has to help out. As a result, she charges as much as Swipp will let her get away with and works the bare minimum of hours he requires (hence her disappearances). Or, as @IronPen suggested, perhaps she's taking time off to study a profession she's passionate about, and will leave to pursue her passion once she's old enough.

As for facial expressions? I know @catgame21234 said the staff drew them with facial expressions to make them relatable, but that doesn't necessarily mean @Dreamnorn's headcanon about them using facial expressions to be more relatable is wrong. It could be that they try to make facial expressions, but their facial expressions end up looking really weird and exaggerated because Faes don't use them to communicate. For example, Pipp's idea of a "friendly and enthusiastic smile" could make her look like Norman Bates from Psycho. Tripp could think she looks sulky, but she really looks like she has a bad stomachache. Other dragons would probably be used to Faes attempting to make facial expressions to communicate, so they wouldn't find it as off-putting as we would.
I think Swipp has his daughters working in his shop to help him out until they're old enough to make their own way. To sweeten the deal, he allows them to charge a certain sum of gold, which they get to keep for themselves. He trades or sells the items they collect for food and more items.

Now Pipp dreams of running her own business someday, so she absolutely loves the opportunity to get valuable work experience. And despite being able to charge more as a fee, Pipp chooses to keep her fees lower than Tripp's so she can stay competitive. Tripp, on the other hand, believes she's destined for greater things and is resentful that she has to help out. As a result, she charges as much as Swipp will let her get away with and works the bare minimum of hours he requires (hence her disappearances). Or, as @IronPen suggested, perhaps she's taking time off to study a profession she's passionate about, and will leave to pursue her passion once she's old enough.

As for facial expressions? I know @catgame21234 said the staff drew them with facial expressions to make them relatable, but that doesn't necessarily mean @Dreamnorn's headcanon about them using facial expressions to be more relatable is wrong. It could be that they try to make facial expressions, but their facial expressions end up looking really weird and exaggerated because Faes don't use them to communicate. For example, Pipp's idea of a "friendly and enthusiastic smile" could make her look like Norman Bates from Psycho. Tripp could think she looks sulky, but she really looks like she has a bad stomachache. Other dragons would probably be used to Faes attempting to make facial expressions to communicate, so they wouldn't find it as off-putting as we would.
WRcl6DV.png dragon.png mlHpBMC.png
[quote name="@Kessaria" date="2018-05-01 17:12:27" ] As for facial expressions? I know @catgame21234 said the staff drew them with facial expressions to make them relatable, but that doesn't necessarily mean @Dreamnorn's headcanon about them using facial expressions to be more relatable is wrong. It could be that they try to make facial expressions, but their facial expressions end up looking really weird and exaggerated because Faes don't use them to communicate. For example, Pipp's idea of a "friendly and enthusiastic smile" could make her look like Norman Bates from Psycho. Tripp could think she looks sulky, but she really looks like she has a bad stomachache. Other dragons would probably be used to Faes attempting to make facial expressions to communicate, so they wouldn't find it as off-putting as we would. [/quote] I like to think that Crackelin from the lore book is a great middle ground of fae being expressive but with their whole body rather than focusing on the face. We, as humans, often find it hard to imagen someone who is fished eyed blank faced but still able to emote.
@Kessaria wrote on 2018-05-01 17:12:27:

I like to think that Crackelin from the lore book is a great middle ground of fae being expressive but with their whole body rather than focusing on the face. We, as humans, often find it hard to imagen someone who is fished eyed blank faced but still able to emote.
[size=5][u]Public Announcement[/u][/size] Greetings, fellow lore loving users! Due to recent events, the Lorenieth-team would like to point towards our [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2406780/1#post_32421001]Discussion Guidelines[/url] and stress their importance. [quote name=Dreamnorn][LIST][*][b]Please be constructive and kind if giving another member feedback on their lore.[/b] If a user asks for any advice or ideas and you have thoughts to offer, it would be appreciated if you phrase it in such a way that encourages them to rethink or expand upon their lore, not give up and never try again. [*][b]Please do not post excessive reaction gifs or images.[/b] Having pictures in your post is totally fine, but we would rather no one overdo it. This is to help make sure contributions are easy to follow and read![/List][/quote] Additionally, we would like to quote a rule from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]Suggestion Forums[/url]: [quote]If you do not like a suggestion, we encourage you to ignore the thread and instead focus on one you feel positively about.[/quote] Projecting this rule onto Lorenieth, it would be as follows: [indent]If you do not like a take on a prompt, we encourage you to ignore the post and instead focus on one you feel positively about.[/indent] Lorenieth is a place to share thoughts and headcanons about Flight Rising lore with each other. Getting off topic in a discussion can happen to everyone, yet we encourage you to stay on topic and treat each other with respect. This way our thread is more pleasant to read and to participate in! Headcanons and theories are based on personal beliefs. What Flight Rising is giving us canonically can be interpreted in many different ways, and every interpretation is valid and encouraged to be shared, regardless of how closely they follow canon material. With this being said, I wish you all a great time with Lorenieth! [center][size=2]Pinglist was here. [/size][/center]
Public Announcement

Greetings, fellow lore loving users! Due to recent events, the Lorenieth-team would like to point towards our Discussion Guidelines and stress their importance.

Dreamnorn wrote:
  • Please be constructive and kind if giving another member feedback on their lore. If a user asks for any advice or ideas and you have thoughts to offer, it would be appreciated if you phrase it in such a way that encourages them to rethink or expand upon their lore, not give up and never try again.
  • Please do not post excessive reaction gifs or images. Having pictures in your post is totally fine, but we would rather no one overdo it. This is to help make sure contributions are easy to follow and read!

Additionally, we would like to quote a rule from the Suggestion Forums:

Quote:
If you do not like a suggestion, we encourage you to ignore the thread and instead focus on one you feel positively about.

Projecting this rule onto Lorenieth, it would be as follows:

If you do not like a take on a prompt, we encourage you to ignore the post and instead focus on one you feel positively about.

Lorenieth is a place to share thoughts and headcanons about Flight Rising lore with each other. Getting off topic in a discussion can happen to everyone, yet we encourage you to stay on topic and treat each other with respect. This way our thread is more pleasant to read and to participate in!

Headcanons and theories are based on personal beliefs. What Flight Rising is giving us canonically can be interpreted in many different ways, and every interpretation is valid and encouraged to be shared, regardless of how closely they follow canon material.

With this being said, I wish you all a great time with Lorenieth!
Pinglist was here.
FooterAds.gif
Well, I feel sort of weird approaching it from this angle after the interruption, but I do like to use as much of the given lore as I can, so I always figured that Swipp and his family are seen as pretty weird. I think that Swipp went out of his way to learn to emote because he is just that dedicated to trading, and he raised his children in the same way. Pipp's into it, too, of course, but Tripp isn't, and that adds to her teenage angst, because on top of being roped into the whole "participating in the family business" thing, she comes across as weird to other fae and doesn't like it.
Well, I feel sort of weird approaching it from this angle after the interruption, but I do like to use as much of the given lore as I can, so I always figured that Swipp and his family are seen as pretty weird. I think that Swipp went out of his way to learn to emote because he is just that dedicated to trading, and he raised his children in the same way. Pipp's into it, too, of course, but Tripp isn't, and that adds to her teenage angst, because on top of being roped into the whole "participating in the family business" thing, she comes across as weird to other fae and doesn't like it.
cvhDu9P.gif
I've nothing to really add to this convo, what with other posts already saying what I'd like to say. I, too, like the idea that he tried to mimic typical dragon emotes to better pitch his wares. I like to think of him and his family as an in-game example of it being possible, for the face of my clan is a fae that is the first to interact with all dragons that visit his boarding lair. (Even Coatls. His voice is kinda weird being insect-like, so a coatl can kinda make out the words at least.)

Anyways, sorry for the slight divergent. Just saying why I like it. Good question OP c:
I've nothing to really add to this convo, what with other posts already saying what I'd like to say. I, too, like the idea that he tried to mimic typical dragon emotes to better pitch his wares. I like to think of him and his family as an in-game example of it being possible, for the face of my clan is a fae that is the first to interact with all dragons that visit his boarding lair. (Even Coatls. His voice is kinda weird being insect-like, so a coatl can kinda make out the words at least.)

Anyways, sorry for the slight divergent. Just saying why I like it. Good question OP c:
15gb95M.gif
Any pronoun|FR +0|I like dragons
5qSZZX6.gif
Thank Glade for the rules/repost!
Thank Glade for the rules/repost!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 46 47