Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lorenieth, A Lore Discussion Hub!
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 46 47
@Kessaria Thank you for catching that and telling me about the pinglist! I'll go do that right now XD

I was thinking that Tundra's olfactory system of memory as a whole is just more suited to the Southern Icefield. Tundras born outside of the Southern Icefield, especially hatched as other elements, will definitely be more adaptable to their current biome's scents; it's all they've known since childhood. It's not that your dragons' scent memory is 'bad' or 'inferior' to a Fire Tundra's, it's just that olfactory memory is less than ideal as a whole in Fire's territory (you can't smell out where the crack in that armor is!), but considering he's been in Fire all his life, he'd probably be better at scent memory in the Ashfall Waste than a Fire Tundra raised outside of the Fire Flight, and definitely better than a random Ice Tundra plopped in the middle of the Great Forge, lol.

In my opinion, the olfactory memory is much more of an adaptation/learning thing than a fully magical thing.
@Kessaria Thank you for catching that and telling me about the pinglist! I'll go do that right now XD

I was thinking that Tundra's olfactory system of memory as a whole is just more suited to the Southern Icefield. Tundras born outside of the Southern Icefield, especially hatched as other elements, will definitely be more adaptable to their current biome's scents; it's all they've known since childhood. It's not that your dragons' scent memory is 'bad' or 'inferior' to a Fire Tundra's, it's just that olfactory memory is less than ideal as a whole in Fire's territory (you can't smell out where the crack in that armor is!), but considering he's been in Fire all his life, he'd probably be better at scent memory in the Ashfall Waste than a Fire Tundra raised outside of the Fire Flight, and definitely better than a random Ice Tundra plopped in the middle of the Great Forge, lol.

In my opinion, the olfactory memory is much more of an adaptation/learning thing than a fully magical thing.
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
@catgame21234
But omg the fluff. You ever see that video of the guy waking up after surgery and he's so surprised his wife is his wife cause he's amnesiac from the meds? Like imagine a Tundra who comes back home from a long journey and he's so nervous cause he's forgotten what his mate looks like and there's this gathering of dragons at the entrance and he sees this one gorgeous dragon but he thinks that can't be his mate so he's following the smell and is so shocked when it leads right up to the pretty derg. If it's another tundra then the smell has lasted longer in their den so her memory hasn't failed yet.
@catgame21234
But omg the fluff. You ever see that video of the guy waking up after surgery and he's so surprised his wife is his wife cause he's amnesiac from the meds? Like imagine a Tundra who comes back home from a long journey and he's so nervous cause he's forgotten what his mate looks like and there's this gathering of dragons at the entrance and he sees this one gorgeous dragon but he thinks that can't be his mate so he's following the smell and is so shocked when it leads right up to the pretty derg. If it's another tundra then the smell has lasted longer in their den so her memory hasn't failed yet.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen OHHHHHHHMMPPHHH [b]OOOOOOOHHHHHHH[/b] [img]http://yvonne92110.y.v.pic.centerblog.net/6feffdf0.gif[/img] [u][b][i]AAAAAWWWWWHHHHHHH[/i][/b][/u]
@IronPen

OHHHHHHHMMPPHHH OOOOOOOHHHHHHH

6feffdf0.gif
AAAAAWWWWWHHHHHHH
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
I'm extremely sorry that I couldn't respond to anyone who posted for the previous prompt! As I mentioned before, real life has been quite busy, but I didn't imagine it would be quite so extreme. :c I'll still try to reply when I can, but in the meantime, I'm still very much enjoying reading all of the fantastic ideas you've all put out! You guys have such interesting and creative interpretations of lore and I adore the way Lorenieth's discussions have gone so far, especially when people bounce ideas off one another! :D Anyway, thank you so much for understanding! ^^ Have a wonderful evening! ----- [center][size=6]{User Lore} What is your clan's overall social structure like? Do you have other cool ideas for clan social structures?[/size] Buffer Prompt[/center] [s]Apparently, I can't put "User Lore" in standard brackets. XD[/s] There are many ways to structure the society of one's clan. Perhaps a dictator rules as the only dragon in an elite class, crushing all others beneath them. Perhaps it's run by a well-ordered court who collectively governs a stratified series of lower classes. Or maybe it's pure anarchy, and the concept of socioeconomic classes just isn't in practice. But these hypothetical scenarios are mere summaries; the social structures of lore clans can be so rich and complex and interesting, and that's why we'll be discussing them today! Does your clan have one or more leaders? If so, how do they lead, and if not, is there order? Are there different, tangible levels of stratified socioeconomic classes, or do they blur together? If there are different classes, is there mobility between them? Are any institutions, guilds, or alliances involved in the social structure of your clan? Is your clan a cohesive whole, or does it include different factions? If the latter is the case, are they run similarly or not? Feel free to share ideas both from your official clan lore, and/or just cool concepts you have but aren't personally using! Don't be afraid to delve into details, use charts, and share a few dragons who play key roles in your clan's hierarchy! And -- of course -- if you're still figuring out your clan social structure or any details associated with it, feel free to brainstorm here and request feedback from Lorenieth's members! One is both welcomed and encouraged to give polite, constructive comments on user lore as long as the user asks for it. :D I can't wait to see all the awesome ideas you guys have! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZAzFP2T.jpg[/img] {*}[/center] [size=4][u][b]Some Thoughts:[/b][/u][/size] I'll admit, I haven't had a lot of time recently to revamp my own lore, so my responses to any User Lore prompts for a while may boil down to a few scattered details and an "oops, how do I proceed from there?" XD However, I'll still do my best to answer any and all User Lore prompts to the best of my abilities! My lair is currently divided into two relevant "sections" -- one primarily for the lore of personal permanent dragons, and one primarily for the lore of my current Legacy of War challenge, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2245811][i]The Waltz of Whispers[/i][/url]. The latter is much more fleshed out (and even has subsections), so I'll start there! [quote] Fyrith is a city-state in the Gladeveins. Formerly ruled by a king and queen, it was a center of tourism and trade alike and attracted dragons from all over Sornieth, especially those interested in herbalism and gardening. Its whole social structure was primarily centered on this trade, and under the council of the benevolent monarchy, there existed a prominent middle class of merchants, landscapers, and florists. Poverty was low, and the monarchs encouraged their council to train the poor in skilled jobs and help them find (or give them) working positions to get back on their feet. However, this societal structure came to an abrupt end. A prominent group of criminal gangs called the Black Satin Alliance orchestrated a coup against Fyrith, killing the monarchs and council and replacing them with their leader, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34432222] Branwen the Brutal[/url]. With her on top as dictator, the city is now governed by an upper class of rogues who are given free reign to raid unwitting traders and terrorize the former middle class dragons who never escaped. These unlucky peasants are now used primarily to make weapons or entertain their overlords under the threat of violence. Class mobility exists in a harsher form; peasants may be forced to join the rogues if their captors see potential, and rogues may be reduced to peasants when they outlive their usefulness... provided the Alliance is feeling merciful. The former citizens who managed to escape have since formed a secret resistance known as the Whisperers. Living in an underground labyrinth, their society is run by one elder of each dragon breed (for the most part, but that's spoiler territory). They all play a hand in ensuring the infrastructure runs smoothly. Beneath them is a class of agents who do surface missions to help those suffering under the dictatorship and recruit new Whisperers. Then there are the volunteers who work to help ensure the safety, comfort, and survival of the Whisperers: a class of cooks, interior designers, tailors, guards, and the like. At the bottom are those who are too young, sick, or otherwise indisposed and cannot immediately help. Nonetheless, they’re all cared for; the Whisperers pride themselves on maintaining connections and a sense of compassion in defiance of Branwen’s reign. [/quote] Admittedly, my lore for my permadragons is much less solid. They live in the territory of the Biome Clan, which takes the form of a small town. It's lightly governed by its leader, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25533359]Veridios[/url], and his three generals: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25533360]Pheonie[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25868831]Cumulus[/url], and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24818146]Heliconia[/url]. The territory is a peaceful place filled with lush fields, mostly used to train recruits for the Gladekeeper. As for the town, it serves as the home to an eclectic but friendly bunch of dragons who all coexist as a sort of odd, adoptive family. Unfortunately, this rough summary is pretty much all I've got so far, but I'm going to hopefully take some time to work out the kinks in the near future! :D [s]And once real life has chilled a bit.[/s] [center][size=2]Pinglist was here.[/size][/center]
I'm extremely sorry that I couldn't respond to anyone who posted for the previous prompt! As I mentioned before, real life has been quite busy, but I didn't imagine it would be quite so extreme. :c I'll still try to reply when I can, but in the meantime, I'm still very much enjoying reading all of the fantastic ideas you've all put out! You guys have such interesting and creative interpretations of lore and I adore the way Lorenieth's discussions have gone so far, especially when people bounce ideas off one another! :D

Anyway, thank you so much for understanding! ^^ Have a wonderful evening!

{User Lore} What is your clan's overall social structure like? Do you have other cool ideas for clan social structures?
Buffer Prompt

Apparently, I can't put "User Lore" in standard brackets. XD

There are many ways to structure the society of one's clan. Perhaps a dictator rules as the only dragon in an elite class, crushing all others beneath them. Perhaps it's run by a well-ordered court who collectively governs a stratified series of lower classes. Or maybe it's pure anarchy, and the concept of socioeconomic classes just isn't in practice. But these hypothetical scenarios are mere summaries; the social structures of lore clans can be so rich and complex and interesting, and that's why we'll be discussing them today!

Does your clan have one or more leaders? If so, how do they lead, and if not, is there order? Are there different, tangible levels of stratified socioeconomic classes, or do they blur together? If there are different classes, is there mobility between them? Are any institutions, guilds, or alliances involved in the social structure of your clan? Is your clan a cohesive whole, or does it include different factions? If the latter is the case, are they run similarly or not?

Feel free to share ideas both from your official clan lore, and/or just cool concepts you have but aren't personally using! Don't be afraid to delve into details, use charts, and share a few dragons who play key roles in your clan's hierarchy!

And -- of course -- if you're still figuring out your clan social structure or any details associated with it, feel free to brainstorm here and request feedback from Lorenieth's members! One is both welcomed and encouraged to give polite, constructive comments on user lore as long as the user asks for it. :D

I can't wait to see all the awesome ideas you guys have!

ZAzFP2T.jpg

{*}

Some Thoughts:

I'll admit, I haven't had a lot of time recently to revamp my own lore, so my responses to any User Lore prompts for a while may boil down to a few scattered details and an "oops, how do I proceed from there?" XD However, I'll still do my best to answer any and all User Lore prompts to the best of my abilities!

My lair is currently divided into two relevant "sections" -- one primarily for the lore of personal permanent dragons, and one primarily for the lore of my current Legacy of War challenge, The Waltz of Whispers. The latter is much more fleshed out (and even has subsections), so I'll start there!

Quote:
Fyrith is a city-state in the Gladeveins. Formerly ruled by a king and queen, it was a center of tourism and trade alike and attracted dragons from all over Sornieth, especially those interested in herbalism and gardening. Its whole social structure was primarily centered on this trade, and under the council of the benevolent monarchy, there existed a prominent middle class of merchants, landscapers, and florists. Poverty was low, and the monarchs encouraged their council to train the poor in skilled jobs and help them find (or give them) working positions to get back on their feet.

However, this societal structure came to an abrupt end. A prominent group of criminal gangs called the Black Satin Alliance orchestrated a coup against Fyrith, killing the monarchs and council and replacing them with their leader,
Branwen the Brutal
. With her on top as dictator, the city is now governed by an upper class of rogues who are given free reign to raid unwitting traders and terrorize the former middle class dragons who never escaped. These unlucky peasants are now used primarily to make weapons or entertain their overlords under the threat of violence. Class mobility exists in a harsher form; peasants may be forced to join the rogues if their captors see potential, and rogues may be reduced to peasants when they outlive their usefulness... provided the Alliance is feeling merciful.

The former citizens who managed to escape have since formed a secret resistance known as the Whisperers. Living in an underground labyrinth, their society is run by one elder of each dragon breed (for the most part, but that's spoiler territory). They all play a hand in ensuring the infrastructure runs smoothly. Beneath them is a class of agents who do surface missions to help those suffering under the dictatorship and recruit new Whisperers. Then there are the volunteers who work to help ensure the safety, comfort, and survival of the Whisperers: a class of cooks, interior designers, tailors, guards, and the like. At the bottom are those who are too young, sick, or otherwise indisposed and cannot immediately help. Nonetheless, they’re all cared for; the Whisperers pride themselves on maintaining connections and a sense of compassion in defiance of Branwen’s reign.

Admittedly, my lore for my permadragons is much less solid. They live in the territory of the Biome Clan, which takes the form of a small town. It's lightly governed by its leader, Veridios, and his three generals: Pheonie, Cumulus, and Heliconia. The territory is a peaceful place filled with lush fields, mostly used to train recruits for the Gladekeeper. As for the town, it serves as the home to an eclectic but friendly bunch of dragons who all coexist as a sort of odd, adoptive family. Unfortunately, this rough summary is pretty much all I've got so far, but I'm going to hopefully take some time to work out the kinks in the near future! :D And once real life has chilled a bit.

Pinglist was here.
Sideralis is less of a clan and more of a research group, mostly held together by common interests for knowledge and ample opportunities to collaborate with others both within and outside of the clan. (That, and funding. The Shifting Expanse is the land of capitalism, after all.) While it doesn't have a real 'leader', it does have Bitmap, who founded the whole outfit and represents it at most meetings with other clans.

Social structures...? I honestly haven't put much thought toward them; probably going to work on including more in lore now, thanks to your prompt! ^^ There's definitely a disparity in wealth among the clan's members, based on what each member does and how successful it is, and while it is noticed by others, I wouldn't say that Sideralis's dragons are divided into definite classes based on it.
Sideralis is less of a clan and more of a research group, mostly held together by common interests for knowledge and ample opportunities to collaborate with others both within and outside of the clan. (That, and funding. The Shifting Expanse is the land of capitalism, after all.) While it doesn't have a real 'leader', it does have Bitmap, who founded the whole outfit and represents it at most meetings with other clans.

Social structures...? I honestly haven't put much thought toward them; probably going to work on including more in lore now, thanks to your prompt! ^^ There's definitely a disparity in wealth among the clan's members, based on what each member does and how successful it is, and while it is noticed by others, I wouldn't say that Sideralis's dragons are divided into definite classes based on it.
CwvG2K8.gifu1yQTa6.gifF3LFtO5.gif6v7Mvy4.gif
My clan lore is a string of ideas held together with scotch tape and chewing gum. Feel free to comment on it (suggestions, criticism, what to develop more, etc.) :*)

-Semi-nomadic (if that makes sense). My clan inhabits a certain area, but move around a lot in that certain area.

-Different dragons have different roles. There's no real hierarchy, but some dragons have more respect than others (like my progens, Brook and Mortar)

-Certain jobs are more prized than others. Listening to the Tidelord's bubbles and transcribing them down for the seers is better than organizing the ever-growing hoard (for instance)

-Most dragons are a jack-of-all-trades type. They know the basics of writing/reading, hunting, fighting, etc.

-My Mirrors have a smaller pack that is independent of the main clan. They mainly do their own things, although they'll occasionally come back to the main clan (usually for healing, an easy source of food, seeing their mates, etc.)

That's it...
My clan lore is a string of ideas held together with scotch tape and chewing gum. Feel free to comment on it (suggestions, criticism, what to develop more, etc.) :*)

-Semi-nomadic (if that makes sense). My clan inhabits a certain area, but move around a lot in that certain area.

-Different dragons have different roles. There's no real hierarchy, but some dragons have more respect than others (like my progens, Brook and Mortar)

-Certain jobs are more prized than others. Listening to the Tidelord's bubbles and transcribing them down for the seers is better than organizing the ever-growing hoard (for instance)

-Most dragons are a jack-of-all-trades type. They know the basics of writing/reading, hunting, fighting, etc.

-My Mirrors have a smaller pack that is independent of the main clan. They mainly do their own things, although they'll occasionally come back to the main clan (usually for healing, an easy source of food, seeing their mates, etc.)

That's it...
Ooh! Social structure! I just wrote about this a little while ago in another lore thing.

The gist of the whole government is primarily directly democratic. That whole system worked well when there were only a few refugees, a trader, and a caravan hand in the clan. Now, there are scientists, mages, accountants, librarians, farmers, and militia. The many conflicting groups have made the direct democracy inefficient. While still like this as of now, the clan has been calling upon the clan's unofficial leader to become official. She still wants the direct democracy, but her pragmatism is starting to show her that it isn't feasible. She fears that once someone gets control, even her, that someone bad might be able to get it too eventually. Though if she does decide to agree to change the form of democracy in the clan, it is likely that she'll want an election, even though she is pretty sure who will be voted for.

As for socioeconomic levels. Few of the clan members are poor. The ones that are are either like that purposely or are drifters in the northern end of the clan. Most of the clan members are rather equal in opportunity, but some dragons have made more money than others. Namely, the Matriarch and her mate are rather wealthy by virtue and their respective skills. Physics and magic for the matriarch and Alchemy for her mate. The Caravan King, who holds a near monopoly on trade through the clan, has considerable wealth and power. He is a member of the clan's elders but he has very little respect in the public eye. His economic power and connections are valuable to the clan.

There are not centralized guilds in the clan itself, but there could be. Recent troubles have dissuaded their setting up shop. The clan is a central authority in the region, which itself is split into many smaller clans and Centaur tribes. South of the clan, on the coast, is a small town Challenger's Point. It is a port that a lot of trade and food comes into the region from. It even has some Gambling Halls and walls. Ballistae too. A ship owned by one of the main clan members, though maybe not so much after so many years, operates out of the town.
Ooh! Social structure! I just wrote about this a little while ago in another lore thing.

The gist of the whole government is primarily directly democratic. That whole system worked well when there were only a few refugees, a trader, and a caravan hand in the clan. Now, there are scientists, mages, accountants, librarians, farmers, and militia. The many conflicting groups have made the direct democracy inefficient. While still like this as of now, the clan has been calling upon the clan's unofficial leader to become official. She still wants the direct democracy, but her pragmatism is starting to show her that it isn't feasible. She fears that once someone gets control, even her, that someone bad might be able to get it too eventually. Though if she does decide to agree to change the form of democracy in the clan, it is likely that she'll want an election, even though she is pretty sure who will be voted for.

As for socioeconomic levels. Few of the clan members are poor. The ones that are are either like that purposely or are drifters in the northern end of the clan. Most of the clan members are rather equal in opportunity, but some dragons have made more money than others. Namely, the Matriarch and her mate are rather wealthy by virtue and their respective skills. Physics and magic for the matriarch and Alchemy for her mate. The Caravan King, who holds a near monopoly on trade through the clan, has considerable wealth and power. He is a member of the clan's elders but he has very little respect in the public eye. His economic power and connections are valuable to the clan.

There are not centralized guilds in the clan itself, but there could be. Recent troubles have dissuaded their setting up shop. The clan is a central authority in the region, which itself is split into many smaller clans and Centaur tribes. South of the clan, on the coast, is a small town Challenger's Point. It is a port that a lot of trade and food comes into the region from. It even has some Gambling Halls and walls. Ballistae too. A ship owned by one of the main clan members, though maybe not so much after so many years, operates out of the town.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
I mean...... "Social structure" isn't really applicable because i don't use anything like the clan format. Everybody's completely separate unrelated characters living and interacting almost entirely with imaginary NPCs. Closest there is here to any clans are a handful of dragons who have met eachother at some point. I suppose i could try to give my thoughts on the social structure of flights as a whole, but that seems a little too far off subject and into uncomfortably uncertain territory.
I mean...... "Social structure" isn't really applicable because i don't use anything like the clan format. Everybody's completely separate unrelated characters living and interacting almost entirely with imaginary NPCs. Closest there is here to any clans are a handful of dragons who have met eachother at some point. I suppose i could try to give my thoughts on the social structure of flights as a whole, but that seems a little too far off subject and into uncomfortably uncertain territory.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
-stretches-
-cracks knuckles-

Alright, let's go.

First off, I think I should explain my clan's layout, as if it were on a map. This might help avoid confusion for later as I explain the tiers of the society within the clan.

My clan's physical existence is a mixture of my three flights--Arcane, Nature, and Wind. Each move had lore behind it, and each flight was carried over with us into the next. The main clan of Kaiana is a small cluster of floating gardens between the Zephyr Steppes and the Twisting Crescendo. We also have a large number of travelers in the clan, who don't have a set location and travel all over the Plateau and Sornieth itself. We also have two subclan locations, which are much smaller and are more like a camp in terms of setup; nothing permanent, that is. One borders Water (dubbed "Seaside) and the other borders on the arctic waters north of the Southern Icefield (dubbed "Oceanside"). If you can't tell, I'm bad at names.

The subclans have made their own lairs in their locations, where Seaside made its home in a small cave near the water's edge. This particular group consists of two leviathans, two researchers, an oracle, and a young gatherer.
Oceanside has made its home on a small, windy island just off the coast of the Plateau; this small group consists of two bakers taking a vacation until they have their own place to conduct their business once more, an Arcane scholar, a young companion robot...golem...thing assigned to her, and a pair of Guardians, one half mad and the other seeking isolation in her old age.
Oceanside's dragons are meant to return to the main clan once everything is situated, except for perhaps Bloodrun, the older Guardian.

All that out of the way, it's time to talk about the actual clan.

It functions like a closely-knit community, and trading is more common among its merchants than selling--visitors to the clan are the ones who purchase things, honestly. That said, it sounds like the clan doesn't have much of a hoard, and in the way of merchants, that's true. However, it boasts a large collection of knowledge, and the travelers of the clan often end up returning treasures to the hoard of the clan, to be used for the clan itself (in terms of building, upgrading, and purchasing necessary supplies from other clans) though each dragon is responsible for its own hoard should they desire to buy things on their own.

We do have a council consisting of 4 main members as well as their mates, and the clan representative, and the clan historian plays a large role among the council as well, considering it's her job to record the ongoing events in the clan. Nine total members of the council, as the historian does not get a vote despite her important role (to keep things clean in case of a tie).
The clan holds meetings once every three months (going by the primary moon's cycle) that everyone is recommended but not required to attend. During this time the council discusses plans for the clan, in terms of job assignments, supply procurement, and desires among the clan for the next "great project", which may consist of gathering more knowledge, building something new, or funding an individual among the clan to further their own research (so long as it benefits the clan). When necessary, the council takes a vote, and in the event of a tie, the clan representative acts as the tie breaker, but otherwise she does not get to vote.

The clan governs itself for the most part aside from this.

The floating islands were a project made successful by Natius, who had the original idea, as well as Rhian, the Arcane scholar. What started as a small closet project became something much larger, now the foundation of the clan itself. The Nature dragons of the clan also play a large role, as they help maintain the gardens themselves. Each one is magically encapsulated to allow breezes in, but not the full gale winds, as they would not allow most of the clan's plants to survive. The encapsulation also gives a nice greenhouse effect, and keeps the clan warmer than it otherwise would have been.

The network of gardens mostly float at the same level, but there are some above and below the main group. Above can be found dragons whose residences require a degree of isolation, so they are away from the main residential area of the gardens, as well as the library and other locations to gain knowledge. There are two levels below the main level; one consists of the marketplace at the second-lowest altitude, for easier access for visitors to the clan, and the one below that has a small inn (in lieu of the hotel that has yet to be built, as the last one had to be abandoned in Nature when the sickness spread and forced the clan away from its home) where some of the shadier characters of the clan tend to hang around.

The residential area is all on one level aside from those few special dragons who desire isolation like my hermit of a progen to signify that everyone in the clan is equal, from the youngest hatchling to the oldest elder. The council acts as a voice for the clan, creating order and keeping the peace, but they are not higher in rank than anyone else in the clan.

Most dragons are welcome to the clan, as long as they are not publicly defacing the clan's name or harming those among it. There's no true hierarchy in the clan, though warriors, hunters, and gatherers are among the most respected, as they provide for the clan.

PHEW.
is it obvious i have a hard time keeping things short??
-stretches-
-cracks knuckles-

Alright, let's go.

First off, I think I should explain my clan's layout, as if it were on a map. This might help avoid confusion for later as I explain the tiers of the society within the clan.

My clan's physical existence is a mixture of my three flights--Arcane, Nature, and Wind. Each move had lore behind it, and each flight was carried over with us into the next. The main clan of Kaiana is a small cluster of floating gardens between the Zephyr Steppes and the Twisting Crescendo. We also have a large number of travelers in the clan, who don't have a set location and travel all over the Plateau and Sornieth itself. We also have two subclan locations, which are much smaller and are more like a camp in terms of setup; nothing permanent, that is. One borders Water (dubbed "Seaside) and the other borders on the arctic waters north of the Southern Icefield (dubbed "Oceanside"). If you can't tell, I'm bad at names.

The subclans have made their own lairs in their locations, where Seaside made its home in a small cave near the water's edge. This particular group consists of two leviathans, two researchers, an oracle, and a young gatherer.
Oceanside has made its home on a small, windy island just off the coast of the Plateau; this small group consists of two bakers taking a vacation until they have their own place to conduct their business once more, an Arcane scholar, a young companion robot...golem...thing assigned to her, and a pair of Guardians, one half mad and the other seeking isolation in her old age.
Oceanside's dragons are meant to return to the main clan once everything is situated, except for perhaps Bloodrun, the older Guardian.

All that out of the way, it's time to talk about the actual clan.

It functions like a closely-knit community, and trading is more common among its merchants than selling--visitors to the clan are the ones who purchase things, honestly. That said, it sounds like the clan doesn't have much of a hoard, and in the way of merchants, that's true. However, it boasts a large collection of knowledge, and the travelers of the clan often end up returning treasures to the hoard of the clan, to be used for the clan itself (in terms of building, upgrading, and purchasing necessary supplies from other clans) though each dragon is responsible for its own hoard should they desire to buy things on their own.

We do have a council consisting of 4 main members as well as their mates, and the clan representative, and the clan historian plays a large role among the council as well, considering it's her job to record the ongoing events in the clan. Nine total members of the council, as the historian does not get a vote despite her important role (to keep things clean in case of a tie).
The clan holds meetings once every three months (going by the primary moon's cycle) that everyone is recommended but not required to attend. During this time the council discusses plans for the clan, in terms of job assignments, supply procurement, and desires among the clan for the next "great project", which may consist of gathering more knowledge, building something new, or funding an individual among the clan to further their own research (so long as it benefits the clan). When necessary, the council takes a vote, and in the event of a tie, the clan representative acts as the tie breaker, but otherwise she does not get to vote.

The clan governs itself for the most part aside from this.

The floating islands were a project made successful by Natius, who had the original idea, as well as Rhian, the Arcane scholar. What started as a small closet project became something much larger, now the foundation of the clan itself. The Nature dragons of the clan also play a large role, as they help maintain the gardens themselves. Each one is magically encapsulated to allow breezes in, but not the full gale winds, as they would not allow most of the clan's plants to survive. The encapsulation also gives a nice greenhouse effect, and keeps the clan warmer than it otherwise would have been.

The network of gardens mostly float at the same level, but there are some above and below the main group. Above can be found dragons whose residences require a degree of isolation, so they are away from the main residential area of the gardens, as well as the library and other locations to gain knowledge. There are two levels below the main level; one consists of the marketplace at the second-lowest altitude, for easier access for visitors to the clan, and the one below that has a small inn (in lieu of the hotel that has yet to be built, as the last one had to be abandoned in Nature when the sickness spread and forced the clan away from its home) where some of the shadier characters of the clan tend to hang around.

The residential area is all on one level aside from those few special dragons who desire isolation like my hermit of a progen to signify that everyone in the clan is equal, from the youngest hatchling to the oldest elder. The council acts as a voice for the clan, creating order and keeping the peace, but they are not higher in rank than anyone else in the clan.

Most dragons are welcome to the clan, as long as they are not publicly defacing the clan's name or harming those among it. There's no true hierarchy in the clan, though warriors, hunters, and gatherers are among the most respected, as they provide for the clan.

PHEW.
is it obvious i have a hard time keeping things short??
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
[center] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/0fa2/f/2018/060/8/c/tumblr_inline_o21bnbqvyi1r3lvtf_400_by_starlilly08-dc4ns8k.png[/img] [size=6][color=beff6e]Clan Wind Chime[/color][/size] The Wind Chime's organisation is simple, if a bit old-timey. Simply, the King and Queen (no big ties with monarchy ideas except a castle and the fact they're leaders. This is a nod to all the stories dragons are telling - they mostly involve kings, queens, princesses, you know how those things go) are the two dragons who founded the clan and have been accepting members ever since. The dragons meet at their castle rather often for the tradition of story-telling and discussing. The clan has been doing this ever since it was founded. Thus, other than the regular qualities one values in a dragon (skill, beauty, qualities...), storytelling skill is a valued concept as well. Dragons are usually asked to choose and perform a role for the benefit of the clan as a way to repay it for staying here. Some do not have a role, however, for they haven't found out yet what they are truly proficient in. Those dragons are asked to help the others in their tasks instead of having their own to focus on. This is usually way more tedious and tiring so dragons labeled as 'Commoners' who are yet to find their role in the clan are eager to do so. This amount of freedom (plus the freedom to come and go for the majority of the dragons, minus the most essentially important ones) means that dragons of all shapes, sizes and personalities get to lodge in the clan without many problems. They do happen from time to time, but it usually doesn't surpass the level of mild arguing. If the need for battling does arise, however, they have a handful of capable fighters and crafty dragons who don't mind a little violence. :) [b]To conclude, Clan Wind Chime (CWC) is a peaceful clan that would rather make friends than enemies and greatly values storytelling. [/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18857994] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188580/18857994_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
tumblr_inline_o21bnbqvyi1r3lvtf_400_by_starlilly08-dc4ns8k.png
Clan Wind Chime

The Wind Chime's organisation is simple, if a bit old-timey. Simply, the King and Queen (no big ties with monarchy ideas except a castle and the fact they're leaders. This is a nod to all the stories dragons are telling - they mostly involve kings, queens, princesses, you know how those things go) are the two dragons who founded the clan and have been accepting members ever since.

The dragons meet at their castle rather often for the tradition of story-telling and discussing. The clan has been doing this ever since it was founded. Thus, other than the regular qualities one values in a dragon (skill, beauty, qualities...), storytelling skill is a valued concept as well.

Dragons are usually asked to choose and perform a role for the benefit of the clan as a way to repay it for staying here. Some do not have a role, however, for they haven't found out yet what they are truly proficient in. Those dragons are asked to help the others in their tasks instead of having their own to focus on. This is usually way more tedious and tiring so dragons labeled as 'Commoners' who are yet to find their role in the clan are eager to do so.

This amount of freedom (plus the freedom to come and go for the majority of the dragons, minus the most essentially important ones) means that dragons of all shapes, sizes and personalities get to lodge in the clan without many problems. They do happen from time to time, but it usually doesn't surpass the level of mild arguing.
If the need for battling does arise, however, they have a handful of capable fighters and crafty dragons who don't mind a little violence. :)

To conclude, Clan Wind Chime (CWC) is a peaceful clan that would rather make friends than enemies and greatly values storytelling.

18857994_350.png
fr__wind_mini_by_baelfin_daqlk8q_by_starlilly08-db1i4z4.png Welcome to Clan Wind Chime! fr__wind_mini_by_baelfin_daqlk8q_by_starlilly08-db1i4z4.png
Feel the freedom...
MEGA Wishlist!
No-exalt clan with lots of lore!
crystalpegasus88_by_fenhyste_d9vigsn_by_starlilly08-db1hdwf.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 46 47