Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Emperor theory, the whys.
1 2 3
As we're all aware, there is an existence of a terror that is Emperor's and we all know HOW they are formed.

But did you ever consider WHY they are formed? Why is this trait a thing in the first place? Well I dived deeper and came up with a possible reason at why these things may exist.

All the information we'll need for this theory is right in the encylopedia, starting with this.

Though distant emotionally, Imperials throw themselves into their Flight's cherished professions with focus and devotion. Perfection of a craft is highly valued among their society.

So we know Imperials are VERY passionate about their jobs within clans. Which means warriors will have a very strong drive to fight and protect their clan because this is their cherished job and this leads us to Emperors.

Emperor dragons are danger on a battlefield where many Imperials have fallen.

So what do we know about Emperors?

They're un dead.

They seem to form on battlefields.

But most of all.

these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield.

They are VERY powerful, god like powerful. So for a fallen warrior to merge and become this titan that could never loose except to a god. Well that's heaven for a fallen warrior. So this leads to a possible conclusion.

Emperor's are created because of a defiance to defeat. Defeat is NOT perfection. It's a mindless monster with one thing.

To destroy.

TO WIN.

What could even strengthen this "defiance" is the fact that Imperials can live for hundreds of years. So imagine an old Imperial who's spent a majority of his or her life. HUNDREDS of years possibly, battling many battles and suddenly they fall. Even if the day would come inevitably can you imagine how a dying warrior might feel? After spending so long and being so devoted to their work?

One more piece of possible evidence I found. We know Imperials and Pearlcatchers have a distaste for each other right? Well Imperials feel their creator "replaced" them and Pearlcatchers are the snobs who constantly think they are the best. (Among their own species but I feel like this could stretch to other species)

Hm.. Imperials feel replaced? What better way to get the attention of your deity then to literally become as a deity yourself? Well at least as powerful as one. Plus this is a chance to "one up" PC's because it's well known that PC's are pretty much big cowards.

Now this bit of information here may not be the case or relevant at all, but I found it interesting and it could possibly have a relationship.

Now obviously this should not be taken as truth, it's just a theory I thought of when looking closer at Imperial's wiki. The admins may have already answered the why's of Emperors and there may be a much simpler or reasonable explanation behind their existence and of course there could be arguments against this.

As I have only been here for less then a year I may not know that this question has been answered, but if it hasn't I thought this would be a neat theory as to why it's a thing.

Share your opinions?
As we're all aware, there is an existence of a terror that is Emperor's and we all know HOW they are formed.

But did you ever consider WHY they are formed? Why is this trait a thing in the first place? Well I dived deeper and came up with a possible reason at why these things may exist.

All the information we'll need for this theory is right in the encylopedia, starting with this.

Though distant emotionally, Imperials throw themselves into their Flight's cherished professions with focus and devotion. Perfection of a craft is highly valued among their society.

So we know Imperials are VERY passionate about their jobs within clans. Which means warriors will have a very strong drive to fight and protect their clan because this is their cherished job and this leads us to Emperors.

Emperor dragons are danger on a battlefield where many Imperials have fallen.

So what do we know about Emperors?

They're un dead.

They seem to form on battlefields.

But most of all.

these dangerous opponents are one of the few creatures that may draw the gods from their shrines and onto a battlefield.

They are VERY powerful, god like powerful. So for a fallen warrior to merge and become this titan that could never loose except to a god. Well that's heaven for a fallen warrior. So this leads to a possible conclusion.

Emperor's are created because of a defiance to defeat. Defeat is NOT perfection. It's a mindless monster with one thing.

To destroy.

TO WIN.

What could even strengthen this "defiance" is the fact that Imperials can live for hundreds of years. So imagine an old Imperial who's spent a majority of his or her life. HUNDREDS of years possibly, battling many battles and suddenly they fall. Even if the day would come inevitably can you imagine how a dying warrior might feel? After spending so long and being so devoted to their work?

One more piece of possible evidence I found. We know Imperials and Pearlcatchers have a distaste for each other right? Well Imperials feel their creator "replaced" them and Pearlcatchers are the snobs who constantly think they are the best. (Among their own species but I feel like this could stretch to other species)

Hm.. Imperials feel replaced? What better way to get the attention of your deity then to literally become as a deity yourself? Well at least as powerful as one. Plus this is a chance to "one up" PC's because it's well known that PC's are pretty much big cowards.

Now this bit of information here may not be the case or relevant at all, but I found it interesting and it could possibly have a relationship.

Now obviously this should not be taken as truth, it's just a theory I thought of when looking closer at Imperial's wiki. The admins may have already answered the why's of Emperors and there may be a much simpler or reasonable explanation behind their existence and of course there could be arguments against this.

As I have only been here for less then a year I may not know that this question has been answered, but if it hasn't I thought this would be a neat theory as to why it's a thing.

Share your opinions?
Drag cave egg pics are broke o.o
Emperors formed because Lightweaver accidentally made some mistake when creating Imperials and now dead Imperials with other dead Imperials nearby form a giant zombie dragon with multiple heads.

Fortunately, dead Pearlcatchers with other dead Pearlcatchers nearby do not form into a giant zombie dragon with multiple heads. Lightweaver learned from her mistake.
Emperors formed because Lightweaver accidentally made some mistake when creating Imperials and now dead Imperials with other dead Imperials nearby form a giant zombie dragon with multiple heads.

Fortunately, dead Pearlcatchers with other dead Pearlcatchers nearby do not form into a giant zombie dragon with multiple heads. Lightweaver learned from her mistake.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
@catgame21234
@catgame21234
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
@FelisAries

"Oops I accidentally made a species that can turn into a giant zombie and kill everyone. Sorry guys."

#BlameLightweaver
@FelisAries

"Oops I accidentally made a species that can turn into a giant zombie and kill everyone. Sorry guys."

#BlameLightweaver
in my opinion, it just seems so... farfetched. why can't other breeds do this? why only imperials? it just makes no sense. in my opinion, i'd expect mirrors to come together and form a mindless abombination over imperials.
in my opinion, it just seems so... farfetched. why can't other breeds do this? why only imperials? it just makes no sense. in my opinion, i'd expect mirrors to come together and form a mindless abombination over imperials.
xulc4O8.png
@FrozenBarioth

I do wonder why other breeds can't do this, Honestly I agree that Mirrors would be a better contender for a trait like this but what I do know is that Imperials do this and I'm just going by what I found in the encyclopedia and possible connections.

What I could think of is that it's possible that other species just don't really have quite the passion and devotion that Imperial's have? Especially since Imperials can live for hundreds of years, maybe they spend months if not years or even decades on training and trying to ultimately perfect themselves. If I am not mistaken Imp's are the only breed with a semi confirmed lifespan.

What I hope for is that someday the admins will answer why Emperors exist.
@FrozenBarioth

I do wonder why other breeds can't do this, Honestly I agree that Mirrors would be a better contender for a trait like this but what I do know is that Imperials do this and I'm just going by what I found in the encyclopedia and possible connections.

What I could think of is that it's possible that other species just don't really have quite the passion and devotion that Imperial's have? Especially since Imperials can live for hundreds of years, maybe they spend months if not years or even decades on training and trying to ultimately perfect themselves. If I am not mistaken Imp's are the only breed with a semi confirmed lifespan.

What I hope for is that someday the admins will answer why Emperors exist.
i like it!
i like it!
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
Maybe Lightweaver put a bit too much into creation of imperials?
Maybe Lightweaver put a bit too much into creation of imperials?
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
I'd say the reason why Imperials are the only breed that was made directly from the Lightweaver (using parts of her body that were collected). From the article:

"Imperials were Light's first children, an amalgamation of bone, blood, and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites of the First Age."

While the other dragons were made in their image, rather than their parts. The deities are amalgamations of energy that coalesced, so I imagine that Emperors are a reduced version of that. It's probably also why Emperors are so strong, they're in a sense, mini-deities.
I'd say the reason why Imperials are the only breed that was made directly from the Lightweaver (using parts of her body that were collected). From the article:

"Imperials were Light's first children, an amalgamation of bone, blood, and the shed essence of the Lightweaver - excavated from ancient battle sites of the First Age."

While the other dragons were made in their image, rather than their parts. The deities are amalgamations of energy that coalesced, so I imagine that Emperors are a reduced version of that. It's probably also why Emperors are so strong, they're in a sense, mini-deities.
@TimeStandStill
Oooooohhhhhhh! I like the replacing part of your theory!

My idea was maybe it was part of their design? Maybe the Lightweaver didn't want such a creature that was made by her own hands to go to waste. So, she let them have a chance to thrive once again; it backfired though. Instead of being mild-mannered and distantly, they became monsters.

You said that they were attached and devoted to their jobs? Well, they are on the battlefield. Those Imperials may have been warriors and the like, like you said. When they merge, their minds may have clouded and all they know is that they were once warriors and have the urge to just kill and fight. If I remember correctly, Emperors are brutish and bloodthirsty? That might be the reason.

Since they might have to urge to kill everything, they might as well. Nothing can really stop them. Maybe they killed to much and this is what draws the deities out! They want to preserve the species/breed they had made! So they are forced to remove them to prevent them from causing a massacre. To prevent them from killing dragonkind.

Sorry if I just basically relayed information!

@TimeStandStill
Oooooohhhhhhh! I like the replacing part of your theory!

My idea was maybe it was part of their design? Maybe the Lightweaver didn't want such a creature that was made by her own hands to go to waste. So, she let them have a chance to thrive once again; it backfired though. Instead of being mild-mannered and distantly, they became monsters.

You said that they were attached and devoted to their jobs? Well, they are on the battlefield. Those Imperials may have been warriors and the like, like you said. When they merge, their minds may have clouded and all they know is that they were once warriors and have the urge to just kill and fight. If I remember correctly, Emperors are brutish and bloodthirsty? That might be the reason.

Since they might have to urge to kill everything, they might as well. Nothing can really stop them. Maybe they killed to much and this is what draws the deities out! They want to preserve the species/breed they had made! So they are forced to remove them to prevent them from causing a massacre. To prevent them from killing dragonkind.

Sorry if I just basically relayed information!

66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
1 2 3