Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the worst possible what if...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Peixes" date="2018-02-21 07:39:31" ] ME3GABURNINAT0R420 [/quote] i actually want a dragon named this. Other than that... [i]intense war flashbacks[/i]
Peixes wrote on 2018-02-21 07:39:31:
ME3GABURNINAT0R420

i actually want a dragon named this.

Other than that...

intense war flashbacks

XOxv5KE.png
i'm going to have nightmares about this thread
i'm going to have nightmares about this thread
-
xmikUei.png
-
Neopets actually still has some good pronounceable names untaken, but they're usually very strange fantasy names like Sesht or Illaer (Just looked these up, these are avaliable examples). But considering the work you have to go through to find these names, in FR where we're almost at 40 MILLION dragons in half the time they took to get there, you'd better off with __Bob_the_Dragon__.
Neopets actually still has some good pronounceable names untaken, but they're usually very strange fantasy names like Sesht or Illaer (Just looked these up, these are avaliable examples). But considering the work you have to go through to find these names, in FR where we're almost at 40 MILLION dragons in half the time they took to get there, you'd better off with __Bob_the_Dragon__.
QYzhmAi.png
Well, it would make it a lot harder for people to make fandragons, that's for sure.

It would probably degenerate to names like:
Bob1
Bob01
Bob001
Bob0001
Well, it would make it a lot harder for people to make fandragons, that's for sure.

It would probably degenerate to names like:
Bob1
Bob01
Bob001
Bob0001
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[quote name="Charias" date="2018-02-21 07:51:33" ] Writing lore for your favourite dragon, $maug[]-21^64545@v@ [/quote] big mood i'd name all my dragons spam
Charias wrote on 2018-02-21 07:51:33:
Writing lore for your favourite dragon, $maug[]-21^64545@v@

big mood

i'd name all my dragons spam
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
can u not
can u not
Let's see..

If there's a maximum of 52 characters, and you can use letters, numbers, apostrophes, and dashes..

That's a maximum of 54080 unique names. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Although, only having 54080 unique names and having unique names be a rule means about 99% of the dragon population would remain Unnamed..
Let's see..

If there's a maximum of 52 characters, and you can use letters, numbers, apostrophes, and dashes..

Although, only having 54080 unique names and having unique names be a rule means about 99% of the dragon population would remain Unnamed..
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
Unique names for almost 40 million dragons? Nooooo thank you. Ever.

(Ten posts to go before my shiny star!)
Unique names for almost 40 million dragons? Nooooo thank you. Ever.

(Ten posts to go before my shiny star!)
Are you ready for a scary story...?ZNP42DI.png o94-d1-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d2-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d3-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d4-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d5-Color-Blind-Brat.png
[quote name="FelisAries" date="2018-02-21 11:37:28" ] Let's see.. If there's a maximum of 52 characters, and you can use letters, numbers, apostrophes, and dashes.. That's a maximum of 54080 unique names. Correct me if I'm wrong. Although, only having 54080 unique names and having unique names be a rule means about 99% of the dragon population would remain Unnamed.. [/quote] Er, that doesn't seem right... If we were to consider letters alone and that every name uses the max number of characters, that's 24^52 (since each of the 52 character slots can be filled with one of 24 letters) which is 5.9 x 10^71 possible names. Throw in numbers, dashes, underscores, names that don't use the max number, and so on and there's so many possible name combos that you'd never run out unless this site went on for a [i]very[/i] long time. Of course, the majority of the combos are just gibberish, but oh well. I actually won't mind that too much? While I think it's kinda a silly system, it's not difficult to work around.
FelisAries wrote on 2018-02-21 11:37:28:
Let's see..

Er, that doesn't seem right...

If we were to consider letters alone and that every name uses the max number of characters, that's 24^52 (since each of the 52 character slots can be filled with one of 24 letters) which is 5.9 x 10^71 possible names.

Throw in numbers, dashes, underscores, names that don't use the max number, and so on and there's so many possible name combos that you'd never run out unless this site went on for a very long time. Of course, the majority of the combos are just gibberish, but oh well.

I actually won't mind that too much? While I think it's kinda a silly system, it's not difficult to work around.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
[quote name="FelisAries" date="2018-02-21 11:37:28" ] Let's see.. If there's a maximum of 52 characters, and you can use letters, numbers, apostrophes, and dashes.. That's a maximum of 54080 unique names. Correct me if I'm wrong. Although, only having 54080 unique names and having unique names be a rule means about 99% of the dragon population would remain Unnamed.. [/quote] there's 32 characters and you can use spaces as well in addition to apostrophes, dashes and numbers - but a name can only start with a letter or number. have fun <3
FelisAries wrote on 2018-02-21 11:37:28:
Let's see..

there's 32 characters and you can use spaces as well in addition to apostrophes, dashes and numbers - but a name can only start with a letter or number. have fun <3
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7