Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The exact definition of 5 generations
Is the common ancestor the 1st generation? Or Generation 0? Ok, say, Common Ancestor has 2 children. They each have a hatchling, which both have hatchlings, which both have hatchlings. Can those last two hatchlings breed? Made a small diagram to show exactly what I mean [img]https://i.imgur.com/6PhOThc.jpg[/img] As a note of closing, the only thing worse than breeding projects is breeding projects to get a breeding pair.
Is the common ancestor the 1st generation? Or Generation 0?

Ok, say, Common Ancestor has 2 children. They each have a hatchling, which both have hatchlings, which both have hatchlings. Can those last two hatchlings breed?

Made a small diagram to show exactly what I mean
6PhOThc.jpg

As a note of closing, the only thing worse than breeding projects is breeding projects to get a breeding pair.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
This is why we have this thing here.
@Shaide common ancestor is G1. the first children would be G2, so on and so forth until the last X's on your page are G5. since they're related within 5 generations, they wouldn't be able to breed. you'd have to go one generation further.
@Shaide common ancestor is G1. the first children would be G2, so on and so forth until the last X's on your page are G5. since they're related within 5 generations, they wouldn't be able to breed. you'd have to go one generation further.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Breeding projects can be the worst when you're chasing some rare/weird color combination and every dragon you find with those colors is somehow related and it makes finding breeding pairs a challenge.

But then I started hoarding G1s so I traded those problems for other ones, lol.
Breeding projects can be the worst when you're chasing some rare/weird color combination and every dragon you find with those colors is somehow related and it makes finding breeding pairs a challenge.

But then I started hoarding G1s so I traded those problems for other ones, lol.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2018-02-17 15:08:31" ] This is why we have this thing here. [/quote] Unfortunately the dragons I am trying to breed together don't exist yet. [quote name="After" date="2018-02-17 15:10:45" ] @/Shaide common ancestor is G1. the first children would be G2, so on and so forth until the last X's on your page are G5. since they're related within 5 generations, they wouldn't be able to breed. you'd have to go one generation further. [/quote] Curses, foiled again! Ah well, I'm sure I can find a dragon to breed with one of the last X's if I can get them, that is.
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2018-02-17 15:08:31:
Unfortunately the dragons I am trying to breed together don't exist yet.
After wrote on 2018-02-17 15:10:45:
@/Shaide common ancestor is G1. the first children would be G2, so on and so forth until the last X's on your page are G5. since they're related within 5 generations, they wouldn't be able to breed. you'd have to go one generation further.
Curses, foiled again! Ah well, I'm sure I can find a dragon to breed with one of the last X's if I can get them, that is.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png
@shaide actually, it isn't as bad as all that. I recently found a project parent which was, unfortunately, related to my primary pair female. I traced the bloodline out of curiosity (had never bothered before) and then for some reason went "I wonder if her kids are eligible" and they were

Details of my example below:

Purchased hatchling 38688212 has a common ancestor (Stella 28552617) with dam of mate project pair (Branwen 37303183).

New hatchling's parent is Stella. Branwen is related by Stella - Telyn - Fulliautomatix - Branwen

Even on paper I can't figure out how that's 5 generations but legit in the compare bloodlines they are eligible to breed.

edit So after reading this thread again I did another on-paper exercise and established exactly what the breeding restrictions mean.

G1 is Stella. Her kids are G2, their kids are G3, then G4 (Branwen), then G5.
G5 is valid to breed again with G1.

Check for yourself. Branwen is still in my lair so you can check the info, the ID of Stella is 28552617 and a G5 kid is 38711877

Now I have to go check how branched bloodlines work
@shaide actually, it isn't as bad as all that. I recently found a project parent which was, unfortunately, related to my primary pair female. I traced the bloodline out of curiosity (had never bothered before) and then for some reason went "I wonder if her kids are eligible" and they were

Details of my example below:

Purchased hatchling 38688212 has a common ancestor (Stella 28552617) with dam of mate project pair (Branwen 37303183).

New hatchling's parent is Stella. Branwen is related by Stella - Telyn - Fulliautomatix - Branwen

Even on paper I can't figure out how that's 5 generations but legit in the compare bloodlines they are eligible to breed.

edit So after reading this thread again I did another on-paper exercise and established exactly what the breeding restrictions mean.

G1 is Stella. Her kids are G2, their kids are G3, then G4 (Branwen), then G5.
G5 is valid to breed again with G1.

Check for yourself. Branwen is still in my lair so you can check the info, the ID of Stella is 28552617 and a G5 kid is 38711877

Now I have to go check how branched bloodlines work
VF45sGS.png
Ouch.
Ouch.
dracovish_1.png HE/THEY
+3 FRT