Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | unnamed dragons make good lore prompts
1 2
i know everyone doesn't like seeing their precious dragons left unnamed, but i honestly don't care? i find that being unnamed gives so many options for lore.

-doesn't remember their past, doesn't go by anything. a few close friends made a name for them, but they want too seek out who they really are
-a mysterious vigilante/bounty hunter. the clanmates have no idea who they are. attempts to interrogate have failed. some people call the dragon by a code-name.
-left to die as a youngling, was never given a name. after re-joining the dragons (possibly after surviving with the beastclans) this young dragon trys to make an alliance with the beastclans or defends them
-imprisoned for a long time, escaped prisoner. only goes by their ID number. nobody knows the history of this dragon. maybe they are hiding something...?

that's some prompts i have myself. I want to make a Nameless knight, so i might just call it "Nameless". i just always found a dragon who is unnamed just needs to do some self discovery to find out their identity.

if you don't like unnamed dragons, that's fine with me! i just think that people don't realize what potential unnamed dragons have for lore. (sure, if they go by some number or name the clanmates gave them, you could make that their name, but still)
i know everyone doesn't like seeing their precious dragons left unnamed, but i honestly don't care? i find that being unnamed gives so many options for lore.

-doesn't remember their past, doesn't go by anything. a few close friends made a name for them, but they want too seek out who they really are
-a mysterious vigilante/bounty hunter. the clanmates have no idea who they are. attempts to interrogate have failed. some people call the dragon by a code-name.
-left to die as a youngling, was never given a name. after re-joining the dragons (possibly after surviving with the beastclans) this young dragon trys to make an alliance with the beastclans or defends them
-imprisoned for a long time, escaped prisoner. only goes by their ID number. nobody knows the history of this dragon. maybe they are hiding something...?

that's some prompts i have myself. I want to make a Nameless knight, so i might just call it "Nameless". i just always found a dragon who is unnamed just needs to do some self discovery to find out their identity.

if you don't like unnamed dragons, that's fine with me! i just think that people don't realize what potential unnamed dragons have for lore. (sure, if they go by some number or name the clanmates gave them, you could make that their name, but still)
xulc4O8.png
meanwhile i have two dergs who are unnamed for months litreally only because i cant come up with names for them oh well
meanwhile i have two dergs who are unnamed for months litreally only because i cant come up with names for them oh well
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="@PixelSpiral" date=2018-02-10 15:23:19] meanwhile i have two dergs who are unnamed for months litreally only because i cant come up with names for them oh well [/quote] im guilty of this, dont worry (i just use that random name generator alot, though.)
@PixelSpiral wrote on 2018-02-10:
im guilty of this, dont worry (i just use that random name generator alot, though.)
xulc4O8.png
@FrozenBarioth Honestly, I feel the same way, which is why unnamed offspring also don't bother me.

Three unnamed kids? He was obviously a horrible dad and couldn't remember them.

One unnamed kid? Evil sorcerer cast a spell and made the parents forget their heir!

A few unnamed kids in between batches of named ones? Perhaps there was a family shake-up and those kids left in disgrace....

Same for unnamed parents: they're in some sort of witness protection program, they had a falling-out, they were awful people and the dragon doesn't want to remember them, etc. Personally, if a dragon is unnamed, I feel freer about incorporating them into my dergs' stories. Like "Oh, I don't need to say he went and found another clan" and can just write my own thing. I know I can do that anyway, but hey~ XD
@FrozenBarioth Honestly, I feel the same way, which is why unnamed offspring also don't bother me.

Three unnamed kids? He was obviously a horrible dad and couldn't remember them.

One unnamed kid? Evil sorcerer cast a spell and made the parents forget their heir!

A few unnamed kids in between batches of named ones? Perhaps there was a family shake-up and those kids left in disgrace....

Same for unnamed parents: they're in some sort of witness protection program, they had a falling-out, they were awful people and the dragon doesn't want to remember them, etc. Personally, if a dragon is unnamed, I feel freer about incorporating them into my dergs' stories. Like "Oh, I don't need to say he went and found another clan" and can just write my own thing. I know I can do that anyway, but hey~ XD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
one of my beloved permas has 3 kids, two of which are in my friends lairs as gifts, and the other is unnamed...i said that he died as an egg, and in my clans lore if a hatchie dies in the egg they remain unnamed so the spirit inside, once buried, can return to the earth w/o anything holding them to their current body. they'll get reborn again
one of my beloved permas has 3 kids, two of which are in my friends lairs as gifts, and the other is unnamed...i said that he died as an egg, and in my clans lore if a hatchie dies in the egg they remain unnamed so the spirit inside, once buried, can return to the earth w/o anything holding them to their current body. they'll get reborn again
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
I accidentally exalted a hatchling of mine unnamed so when I was writing the lore I just made his name "Unnamed"
I accidentally exalted a hatchling of mine unnamed so when I was writing the lore I just made his name "Unnamed"
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
I still have 3 unnamed that I'm keeping for sure but have no name ideas :C
I still have 3 unnamed that I'm keeping for sure but have no name ideas :C
I'm also noodlecat on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | my FR tumblr93sr.png
they do!

ahh, now I have a nameless dragon. great.

hopefully you don't mind me using this idea?
they do!

ahh, now I have a nameless dragon. great.

hopefully you don't mind me using this idea?

2rgc1ud.png

voltron_fanhubbg.png[/center]

0Vit0p7.png
PIaTt6Y.png
fmHZU3J.png
1FuP1GN.png
That's honestly what happened to one dragon that I got. Unnamed, with the clan staying away from her. Mostly.
That's honestly what happened to one dragon that I got. Unnamed, with the clan staying away from her. Mostly.
CedVBCC.png
0AniMUO.gif

Good characters are like geodes: To see their true beauty, you must break them.

-Let me write you a poem, maybe?-

q1INfTU.gif
you are all fantastic,
if you see this have a very lovely day
I have a three year old dragon that still doesn't have a name lol
I have a three year old dragon that still doesn't have a name lol
tastefulmarketing.gif
1 2