Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coliseum: AGI Update
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
[quote name="thecatsred" date=2018-01-31 13:59:34] Thank you for listening. In the end, users care that their experience in the Coli is quick, streamlined, and painless. Anything that disrupts this speed and ease-of-use, is not going to be a good change. We don't want more 'challenge' in a game feature nobody plays for fun, we want reliability. [/quote] This.
thecatsred wrote on 2018-01-31:
Thank you for listening.

In the end, users care that their experience in the Coli is quick, streamlined, and painless.

Anything that disrupts this speed and ease-of-use, is not going to be a good change.

We don't want more 'challenge' in a game feature nobody plays for fun, we want reliability.

This.
[quote name="bryna" date=2018-01-31 14:18:58] Whew! Glad to hear it! EDIT: [quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-01-31 14:08:54] I should reiterate that we do plan on addressing stats at a later date, especially as we look toward the future for the feature. I need that to be clear. Of course, we're going to try our hardest to approach those changes in a way that fulfills our goals of allowing the Coliseum to expand and scale and makes sense for the players and how they have become accustomed to using it. We got a lot of good feedback and we're going to do what we can to be considerate towards that when we get to that point. [/quote] I understand that the way that a lot of users use coli may or may [b]not[/b] but the way coli was meant to be implemented (and this can be seen by the way that fairgrounds grinding is as well) but I think that it's important to give users the opportunity to min-max games and breed that level of efficiency that sometimes overwhelms the "fun" aspect of games......because to some users like Culex and other creators of well-known builds find the technical min-maxing the fun part. Personally I would be interested in seeing new venues that had enemies that required more intricate playstyles that had greater rewards- but still allowed for some degree of fodder leveling. Maybe there are venues where magic-users are REQUIRED to succeed, so elim could be deflated. Maybe there could be venues where you HAVE to have a tank to do well. I think adding more complexity is better than radically shifting what already exists- fodder levelers are the backbone of the FR economy, and messing with their groove could have massively negative effects on the player base. That being said, I'm excited for so many things in the new coli, and with the knowledge that it won't include radical stat shifting, I know it'll be easier to ficus on functionality. [/quote] ^I really like this idea. Gives the best of both worlds and it keeps the 'fun' going for the coli users
bryna wrote on 2018-01-31:
Whew! Glad to hear it!

EDIT:
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-01-31:
I should reiterate that we do plan on addressing stats at a later date, especially as we look toward the future for the feature. I need that to be clear.

Of course, we're going to try our hardest to approach those changes in a way that fulfills our goals of allowing the Coliseum to expand and scale and makes sense for the players and how they have become accustomed to using it. We got a lot of good feedback and we're going to do what we can to be considerate towards that when we get to that point.

I understand that the way that a lot of users use coli may or may not but the way coli was meant to be implemented (and this can be seen by the way that fairgrounds grinding is as well) but I think that it's important to give users the opportunity to min-max games and breed that level of efficiency that sometimes overwhelms the "fun" aspect of games......because to some users like Culex and other creators of well-known builds find the technical min-maxing the fun part.

Personally I would be interested in seeing new venues that had enemies that required more intricate playstyles that had greater rewards- but still allowed for some degree of fodder leveling. Maybe there are venues where magic-users are REQUIRED to succeed, so elim could be deflated. Maybe there could be venues where you HAVE to have a tank to do well. I think adding more complexity is better than radically shifting what already exists- fodder levelers are the backbone of the FR economy, and messing with their groove could have massively negative effects on the player base.

That being said, I'm excited for so many things in the new coli, and with the knowledge that it won't include radical stat shifting, I know it'll be easier to ficus on functionality.

^I really like this idea. Gives the best of both worlds and it keeps the 'fun' going for the coli users
Feel free to check out my Shops!
- Amora's Grab Bags
- Lore Based Hatchery
- Lore Shop
I'm also almost always looking for these as well~
- Lvl.25 Look-Out
- Art/Lore + FanDergs
[quote name="bryna" date=2018-01-31 14:18:58] Personally I would be interested in seeing new venues that had enemies that required more intricate playstyles that had greater rewards- but still allowed for some degree of fodder leveling. Maybe there are venues where magic-users are REQUIRED to succeed, so elim could be deflated. Maybe there could be venues where you HAVE to have a tank to do well. I think adding more complexity is better than radically shifting what already exists- fodder levelers are the backbone of the FR economy, and messing with their groove could have massively negative effects on the player base. [/quote] I would like to see this as well, in addition to but not instead of the venues already present. That would be a bit of an interesting challenge, to have new venues with new monsters and figuring out new builds (mages, tanks) to farm or level there.
bryna wrote on 2018-01-31:

Personally I would be interested in seeing new venues that had enemies that required more intricate playstyles that had greater rewards- but still allowed for some degree of fodder leveling. Maybe there are venues where magic-users are REQUIRED to succeed, so elim could be deflated. Maybe there could be venues where you HAVE to have a tank to do well. I think adding more complexity is better than radically shifting what already exists- fodder levelers are the backbone of the FR economy, and messing with their groove could have massively negative effects on the player base.

I would like to see this as well, in addition to but not instead of the venues already present. That would be a bit of an interesting challenge, to have new venues with new monsters and figuring out new builds (mages, tanks) to farm or level there.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="softbun" date=2018-01-31 14:25:34] But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later? [/quote] @softbun Yes, that bug has been fixed, and we plan on fixing as many other battlestone-related bugs as we can.
softbun wrote on 2018-01-31:
But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later?

@softbun

Yes, that bug has been fixed, and we plan on fixing as many other battlestone-related bugs as we can.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Thank you! I'm excited to see how this effects the gameplay!
Thank you! I'm excited to see how this effects the gameplay!
by-Joydom-FR.png
Very glad to hear this!
Very glad to hear this!
x.x
zPhqDAB.png x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x

Ashki
earth dom lead

sales | mercs
goals | mochi
x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x
hjhGLON.png
Thank Arcanist, I was a bit worried about the whole AGI situation, but I'm so glad you guys listened to player feedback. I look forward to whatever changes will come in the future \o\
Thank Arcanist, I was a bit worried about the whole AGI situation, but I'm so glad you guys listened to player feedback. I look forward to whatever changes will come in the future \o\
NobleRot
They/Them
FR +3

uKY3oYS.png
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-01-31 14:33:33] [quote name="softbun" date=2018-01-31 14:25:34] But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later? [/quote] softbun Yes, that bug has been fixed, and we plan on fixing as many other battlestone-related bugs as we can. [/quote]yes!!!!!! So happy, also i'm gonna assume the breath bug with eliminate is gonna be fixed as well?
But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later?

softbun

Yes, that bug has been fixed, and we plan on fixing as many other battlestone-related bugs as we can.
yes!!!!!! So happy, also i'm gonna assume the breath bug with eliminate is gonna be fixed as well?
Ambushes for sale! (pinkerton keeps giving them to me). PM me and we can work out a price.

Must have many Enchanted Orca Necklacesssss
Thank you!
Thank you!
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-01-31 14:33:33] [quote name="softbun" date=2018-01-31 14:25:34] But I do have a question. Will battlestone bugs, like losing the first turn for Ambush be fixed in this Coli update, or will that be saved for later? [/quote] @softbun Yes, that bug has been fixed, and we plan on fixing as many other battlestone-related bugs as we can. [/quote] Thank you! [b]Thank you so much[/b]

@softbun

Thank you! Thank you so much
xR7ErnV.pngW6y8rmh.pngNr0CWta.png

Sunset Hatchery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16