Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coliseum: AGI Update
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I'd love to see a magical equivalent to eliminate. Same everything but based on intelligence. It would make magicians/battle mags possible.
I'd love to see a magical equivalent to eliminate. Same everything but based on intelligence. It would make magicians/battle mags possible.
derg0.jpgderg1.jpgderg2.jpgderg3.jpgderg4.jpg
@Xhaztol
Excuse me I hate to be a bother, but I was wondering will drop rates for items change in the new coli update?

I don't wanna seem rude but with how the coli is now when it comes to RNG

it seems a little pointless to keep the coli's "magical RNG" as it is in the new update, when that means you still coli grind and waste time in a long fight only to get nothing in return, or like one item in a 3-4 enemy fight, or a boss fight
@Xhaztol
Excuse me I hate to be a bother, but I was wondering will drop rates for items change in the new coli update?

I don't wanna seem rude but with how the coli is now when it comes to RNG

it seems a little pointless to keep the coli's "magical RNG" as it is in the new update, when that means you still coli grind and waste time in a long fight only to get nothing in return, or like one item in a 3-4 enemy fight, or a boss fight
U.D.A.T
Wait, I'm out of the loop--what was the change and why are people glad it wasn't added?
Wait, I'm out of the loop--what was the change and why are people glad it wasn't added?
custom_bi_genderfluid_snekboi.png
@Camwoodstock The staff is planning on tweaking the Agility stat's functionality (which determines the crit and dodge rates during battle). Initially the idea was to add the changes to the AGI stat during the beta, but once the new coliseum was fully released, the enemies would obtain updated stats to reflect the changes made to the AGI stat.

People brought up the fact that beta testing something, only to change it during release would be counterproductive, and as such the staff decided to not push the changes in the AGI stat with this revamp, but instead visit the changes to AGI (and possibly the other stats) at a later stage, once the functional working of the coliseum as been tested and deployed :)
@Camwoodstock The staff is planning on tweaking the Agility stat's functionality (which determines the crit and dodge rates during battle). Initially the idea was to add the changes to the AGI stat during the beta, but once the new coliseum was fully released, the enemies would obtain updated stats to reflect the changes made to the AGI stat.

People brought up the fact that beta testing something, only to change it during release would be counterproductive, and as such the staff decided to not push the changes in the AGI stat with this revamp, but instead visit the changes to AGI (and possibly the other stats) at a later stage, once the functional working of the coliseum as been tested and deployed :)
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-02-02 15:06:17] In this case, I disagree that it's caving to pressure. With the help of feedback, we recognized the risk involved with changing too many things during this particular release window and decided to make a call. We have other very important functional objectives to meet with the technical beta, and adding in a fundamental stat change on AGI by itself risked dwarfing those goals. When we look back on it, it was too ambitious a task, and we changed course to ensure we were more successful next week. As I said in my opening post (and one after it), stat rebalancing is still a goal for our team, and in fact will become very necessary as the site and the feature evolve. [/quote] From any other testing/scientific standpoint this makes a lot of sense. You get clearer results if you test for less things at a time. Several focused tests will be better than one broad, all-encompassing test especially with a small team. I for one really appreciate not only the beta in general (seeing something like the coli get an update is great!) but also the immediate consideration of user feedback. You guys are doing great things as a dev team and I really appreciate your attentiveness to your user base. I have some reservations about the coliseum, and I'd prefer not to have to restat the 10-15 level 25s I have if I can help it, that's going to be a punch in the wallet. But, I'm equally curious and excited about the changes. Betas are all about seeing what works and what doesn't and as long as you continue to keep your users in mind I'm excited to see what's in store!
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-02-02:
In this case, I disagree that it's caving to pressure. With the help of feedback, we recognized the risk involved with changing too many things during this particular release window and decided to make a call. We have other very important functional objectives to meet with the technical beta, and adding in a fundamental stat change on AGI by itself risked dwarfing those goals. When we look back on it, it was too ambitious a task, and we changed course to ensure we were more successful next week.

As I said in my opening post (and one after it), stat rebalancing is still a goal for our team, and in fact will become very necessary as the site and the feature evolve.

From any other testing/scientific standpoint this makes a lot of sense. You get clearer results if you test for less things at a time. Several focused tests will be better than one broad, all-encompassing test especially with a small team.

I for one really appreciate not only the beta in general (seeing something like the coli get an update is great!) but also the immediate consideration of user feedback. You guys are doing great things as a dev team and I really appreciate your attentiveness to your user base.

I have some reservations about the coliseum, and I'd prefer not to have to restat the 10-15 level 25s I have if I can help it, that's going to be a punch in the wallet. But, I'm equally curious and excited about the changes. Betas are all about seeing what works and what doesn't and as long as you continue to keep your users in mind I'm excited to see what's in store!
aUBv6Nx.png ... ~ Ink / fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png / all pronouns -/-/-/-/-/-/- Pinkerlocke | f2u Bio Banners
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc...ccccccccc...Inkpot Accent Shop

_ ______________ _ _ _

Empty your mind.
Be formless. Shapeless, like water. //
...XBYSamS.png
[quote name="Annobethal" date=2018-02-03 23:09:54] I'd love to see a magical equivalent to eliminate. Same everything but based on intelligence. It would make magicians/battle mags possible. [/quote] I like this idea. I had preferred to have several "mages" over melee combat builds. As I had wanted to have several element based dragons. I have seen so many builds in the game itself that would tear my melee apart. I do have issue with the debuff for the breath building ability for the casters. Where it weakens the attacks, but makes the dragon vulnerable. (At least that is what it seems to do when I was testing the builds before.) Which by the time the dragon gets to do a full damage attack, the enemy has nearly killed the dragon. The dragon itself then has to rebuild breath. Using Scratch takes a long time, but allows for full damage attacks. The other breath builder (forgotten the name for it) builds breath faster, but has the damage debuff. Also, I have wondered, as many others apparently, will the drop rates change to increase battle stone drops? I know I get like 1-2 drops out of 30-40 coli fights. I'll get a lot of materials, Other, a number of loot bags, and a few articles of apparel. I haven't seen any of the skins that I have heard are in there, and never seen any rares that I know of. Though, I don't have any max level dragons yet. that might make a difference considering most guides talk about grinding for rares with 25s. Other than the drop rates, the new coli options have been pretty good so far. Cannot enter the battle arenas yet, but I'm figuring they aren't added yet.
Annobethal wrote on 2018-02-03:

I like this idea. I had preferred to have several "mages" over melee combat builds. As I had wanted to have several element based dragons. I have seen so many builds in the game itself that would tear my melee apart.

I do have issue with the debuff for the breath building ability for the casters. Where it weakens the attacks, but makes the dragon vulnerable. (At least that is what it seems to do when I was testing the builds before.) Which by the time the dragon gets to do a full damage attack, the enemy has nearly killed the dragon. The dragon itself then has to rebuild breath. Using Scratch takes a long time, but allows for full damage attacks. The other breath builder (forgotten the name for it) builds breath faster, but has the damage debuff.

Also, I have wondered, as many others apparently, will the drop rates change to increase battle stone drops? I know I get like 1-2 drops out of 30-40 coli fights. I'll get a lot of materials, Other, a number of loot bags, and a few articles of apparel. I haven't seen any of the skins that I have heard are in there, and never seen any rares that I know of. Though, I don't have any max level dragons yet. that might make a difference considering most guides talk about grinding for rares with 25s.

Other than the drop rates, the new coli options have been pretty good so far. Cannot enter the battle arenas yet, but I'm figuring they aren't added yet.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16