Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Item Caption Contest 6 Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
This thread is for the item caption contest questions and discussion. If you would like to submit to the contest,[b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2342801]please use the submissions thread[/url].[/b] [br][br] ----- [br][br] [b]Writers[/b], if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story? The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes. [indent][b]Premise: [/b] Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest. [b]Deadline: [/b] Monday, January 1, 23:59 server time [b]Length: [/b] Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed. [b]Prizes: [/b]Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems [/indent][br] [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/gem_pile.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/fvista/9.png[/img][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Items & Format:[/b][/size][/center] Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption. [quote][b]Example Entry:[/b] [item=wildwood owlet] [b]Name:[/b] Wildwood Owlet [b]Caption:[/b][i] This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.[/i][/quote] [center][item=Brave Blue Bee][item=Stingless Bee][item=Sugarbee] [item=Football Mums][item=Pretty Pink Mums][item=Pompom Mums] [item=Brindle Muskrat][item=Dustrat][item=Muskrat] [item=Double Saddle Butterflyfish][item=Four-Eyed Butterflyfish][item=Sunset Butterflyfish][/center] [br][br] ------ [br][br] [center][size=5][b]Restrictions:[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!) [*]Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player. [*]Entries may not call out other player's names. [*]Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the [i]Flight Rising[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules[/url] and[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=66] Code of Conduct[/url]. [/list][br]
This thread is for the item caption contest questions and discussion. If you would like to submit to the contest, please use the submissions thread.

Writers, if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story?

The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes.

Premise: Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest.
Deadline: Monday, January 1, 23:59 server time
Length: Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed.
Prizes: Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems

gem_pile.png 9.png

Items & Format:

Please format your entry to include the item icon, item name (you may keep it the same or change it), and item caption.

Quote:
Example Entry:
Wildwood Owlet
Name: Wildwood Owlet
Caption: This owlet is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiild. Also its caption is under 160 characters. If its caption were larger it would bust out of its tooltip and we would be sad.

Brave Blue Bee Stingless Bee Sugarbee
Football Mums Pretty Pink Mums Pompom Mums
Brindle Muskrat Dustrat Muskrat
Double Saddle Butterflyfish Four-Eyed Butterflyfish Sunset Butterflyfish

Restrictions:
  • You may submit 1 entry. (total. Pick the item you would like to caption!)
  • Entries must be written by you - you may not submit on behalf of another player.
  • Entries may not call out other player's names.
  • Text submitted to the caption contest must follow the Flight Rising Rules and Code of Conduct.

You know, there should've been a broken mirror item in there somewhere. There would be so many possible captions for that...
You know, there should've been a broken mirror item in there somewhere. There would be so many possible captions for that...
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
what are your opinions on this [quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2017-12-22 09:16:20] [item=brave blue bee] name: brave blue bee caption: This brave blue bee buzzes boldly for the blue Bogsneaks. Being brave is bad for bees, however, and they get eaten. [/quote] also [quote name="@TuxedoFloracat" date=2017-12-22 09:12:58] [item=football mums] [b]Name:[/b] Football Mums [b]Caption:[/b] I know it's tempting, but please don't kick these flowers. The gardener will not appreciate it. [/quote] this is great
what are your opinions on this
PixelSpiral wrote on 2017-12-22:
Brave Blue Bee
name: brave blue bee
caption: This brave blue bee buzzes boldly for the blue Bogsneaks. Being brave is bad for bees, however, and they get eaten.

also
@TuxedoFloracat wrote on 2017-12-22:
Football Mums
Name: Football Mums
Caption: I know it's tempting, but please don't kick these flowers. The gardener will not appreciate it.
this is great
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I absolutely love everyone's entries so far! <3
I absolutely love everyone's entries so far! <3
xLxR5x4.gif
@Replicant I really like your entry. It's the only one so far that put a smile on my face. Also, the blue bee is just this: [img]http://go2japan.org/a2/images/stories/authors/joe/monthly/2014/10/2_0_littleenginethatcould.jpg[/img]
@Replicant

I really like your entry. It's the only one so far that put a smile on my face.

Also, the blue bee is just this:
2_0_littleenginethatcould.jpg
M7pFA9R.png
tmony
+2 FR
one million tundra dragons
tyEuRXe.pngfLdYOuE.pngT9kSrSy.png
bleh
bleh2 bleh3 StjSAn9.png
b PUBaf.gif
How do you get the image of the item onto your post?
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
@mony thank you! this actually made my day as funny as it sounds
@mony thank you! this actually made my day as funny as it sounds
============================================ RoU2tSY.png
horse
» he / him
» +17 fr time
[quote name="@SilverShadow5" date=2017-12-22 09:26:34] How do you get the image of the item onto your post? [/quote] [code][item=item name][/code] for example [ item=brave blue bee] will result in [item=brave blue bee]
@SilverShadow5 wrote on 2017-12-22:
Code:
[item=item name]
for example [ item=brave blue bee] will result in Brave Blue Bee
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@SilverShadow5 You can do this: [code][item=Sparkling Blue Neck Bow][/code] And it will come out like this: [item=Sparkling Blue Neck Bow] [s]I got ninja'd[/s]
@SilverShadow5

You can do this:
Code:
[item=Sparkling Blue Neck Bow]

And it will come out like this:
Sparkling Blue Neck Bow

I got ninja'd
M7pFA9R.png
tmony
+2 FR
one million tundra dragons
tyEuRXe.pngfLdYOuE.pngT9kSrSy.png