Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Emperors made of Imp hatchlings
1 2 3 4
[s]do y'all mind if i casually ruin this thread[/s] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/9afe786bc5b37ee9c4914d03347ac55d/tumblr_p10iufiTDQ1soddjgo2_1280.jpg[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/9119d5a19aa681e1adca1b6f42cc4e43/tumblr_p10iufiTDQ1soddjgo1_1280.jpg[/img]
do y'all mind if i casually ruin this thread

tumblr_p10iufiTDQ1soddjgo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_p10iufiTDQ1soddjgo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ouzwu17UiL1soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_ov1iodLFh81soddjgo1_100.giftumblr_p4pz9qCI0N1soddjgo1_100.gif LC9O2h1.png
Why make it sad when you could make it flippant and glib and funny?

High and squeaky and in unison.

Personally, I think of it like a pack of those little anklebiter dogs that yap and squeak and bite and you're like, ow, awww, owww. They're adorable but slightly painful.

And it's trying to be this murderous little rageling but only the faes and spirals take it seriously because of their size while everyone else is awww.

The real question is would it grow to become dangerous if they're already dead. I don't think so unless they absorbed an adult.

I mean I HC that emperors go mad because of the gestalt inside them pulling them in different directions and because of their death on battlefields with grievous wounds but young children tend to be like-minded and simple to please most of the time so I don't see that being an issue, especially if it was due to an illness or just stillborn clutch.

I mean, yeah it's bad when a flame so young is extinguished but it doesn't have to be a horror.

Why make it sad when you could make it flippant and glib and funny?

High and squeaky and in unison.

Personally, I think of it like a pack of those little anklebiter dogs that yap and squeak and bite and you're like, ow, awww, owww. They're adorable but slightly painful.

And it's trying to be this murderous little rageling but only the faes and spirals take it seriously because of their size while everyone else is awww.

The real question is would it grow to become dangerous if they're already dead. I don't think so unless they absorbed an adult.

I mean I HC that emperors go mad because of the gestalt inside them pulling them in different directions and because of their death on battlefields with grievous wounds but young children tend to be like-minded and simple to please most of the time so I don't see that being an issue, especially if it was due to an illness or just stillborn clutch.

I mean, yeah it's bad when a flame so young is extinguished but it doesn't have to be a horror.

Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@gilili

Now that's beautiful.

...I need one of those now.
@gilili

Now that's beautiful.

...I need one of those now.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
@gilili

This is the quality content I look for in FR. Pfft. That poor parent lol

@retrodetective

Personally think they would stay small as well, can't grow if they dead and maybe not as dangerous as one comprised of adults.
I wonder if they can have a conscious, a personality, or anything of the sorts. Or not because they ded.

(Apologies if I come off as picking your brain, I'm just really curious about what others think of this)

@Bumblinn

....what if they tried to sing?

@LapisDragon17718

Agreed, I need like 80. They're cute!
@gilili

This is the quality content I look for in FR. Pfft. That poor parent lol

@retrodetective

Personally think they would stay small as well, can't grow if they dead and maybe not as dangerous as one comprised of adults.
I wonder if they can have a conscious, a personality, or anything of the sorts. Or not because they ded.

(Apologies if I come off as picking your brain, I'm just really curious about what others think of this)

@Bumblinn

....what if they tried to sing?

@LapisDragon17718

Agreed, I need like 80. They're cute!
C5V5o0z.png
I imagine it would sound kind of like a really large, whimpering dog. Definitely not 'small dog barking', even newly hatched imperials are heavier than mastiffs and bigger than great danes lol.
I imagine it would sound kind of like a really large, whimpering dog. Definitely not 'small dog barking', even newly hatched imperials are heavier than mastiffs and bigger than great danes lol.
I always figured Emperors couldn't speak. They're dead, and I always figured they couldn't think with thoughts and stuff- they are described as mindless. Any actions they make are off of some weird proto-instinct. But they're also one entity, so if they made any sounds I'd think they'd do it in unison. But I always figured they were really quiet. They don't think, they don't feel anything, so they have no reason to make any noises.
I always figured Emperors couldn't speak. They're dead, and I always figured they couldn't think with thoughts and stuff- they are described as mindless. Any actions they make are off of some weird proto-instinct. But they're also one entity, so if they made any sounds I'd think they'd do it in unison. But I always figured they were really quiet. They don't think, they don't feel anything, so they have no reason to make any noises.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
I always imagined Emperor as creatures that are only partially capable of thought. Since they're composed of deceased dragon, I can see each head conserving fragments of the personality and individual characteristics of the Imp they used to be... just more confused and instinctive.

For example, the Imp used to be a peat? The head continuously murmurs, compulsively trying to compose something. It probably doesn't realize why it's doing it and its sentences would barely be intelligible, nothing but pieces of words it remembers, but there is an attempt. Or, the head belonged to a warrior? Very aggressive, may growl a lot, maybe even use a battle cry of its Flight.

So, considering these would be hatchlings... I imagine the baby Empror would sound like a bunch of very confused (and kinda creepy?) children. They'd try to sound like hatchlings, at least, but I doubt a dragon would mistake their cries or laughs for a normal baby's.
I always imagined Emperor as creatures that are only partially capable of thought. Since they're composed of deceased dragon, I can see each head conserving fragments of the personality and individual characteristics of the Imp they used to be... just more confused and instinctive.

For example, the Imp used to be a peat? The head continuously murmurs, compulsively trying to compose something. It probably doesn't realize why it's doing it and its sentences would barely be intelligible, nothing but pieces of words it remembers, but there is an attempt. Or, the head belonged to a warrior? Very aggressive, may growl a lot, maybe even use a battle cry of its Flight.

So, considering these would be hatchlings... I imagine the baby Empror would sound like a bunch of very confused (and kinda creepy?) children. They'd try to sound like hatchlings, at least, but I doubt a dragon would mistake their cries or laughs for a normal baby's.
11501862_EwWdTdj8nqB6gLK.gif
This thread is making me tempted to do a thing when I get a chance to do a thing; I was planning on having an Eternal Youth Imp to be like a spirit of one of my fandragon's son who died in the actual canon, and this........Could make it work a bit better in Flight Rising context; have the hatchling be an Emperor made up of all dragons from the same clutch[likely only two or three dragons; the ones without names could of been stillborn, while the named one was alive for a while]. Granted, that makes me feel really bad for Junko, worse than I already did for her, but I doubt she would care that much at this point anyways.......

For context: Junko(the one from Touhou) has basically became a spirit of pure anger and hate towards one person; a purified grudge to be exact. Part of the background of it is that well, the target of her grudge's husband killed her son. I........kinda just want to give her a chance to see her son again.

I think I understand why I'm banned from death in dnds now......I mean, I could have him be a spirit, or I could be a little evil and do this....
This thread is making me tempted to do a thing when I get a chance to do a thing; I was planning on having an Eternal Youth Imp to be like a spirit of one of my fandragon's son who died in the actual canon, and this........Could make it work a bit better in Flight Rising context; have the hatchling be an Emperor made up of all dragons from the same clutch[likely only two or three dragons; the ones without names could of been stillborn, while the named one was alive for a while]. Granted, that makes me feel really bad for Junko, worse than I already did for her, but I doubt she would care that much at this point anyways.......

For context: Junko(the one from Touhou) has basically became a spirit of pure anger and hate towards one person; a purified grudge to be exact. Part of the background of it is that well, the target of her grudge's husband killed her son. I........kinda just want to give her a chance to see her son again.

I think I understand why I'm banned from death in dnds now......I mean, I could have him be a spirit, or I could be a little evil and do this....
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
Partly zombie sounds and part crying babies dragon
Partly zombie sounds and part crying babies dragon
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
I feel like they’d make some sort of high pitched “SKREAAAAAAA” sound. Like the velociraptors from the Jurassic park movies.
I feel like they’d make some sort of high pitched “SKREAAAAAAA” sound. Like the velociraptors from the Jurassic park movies.
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
1 2 3 4