Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tert-Picking Mass Hallucination
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I'm from 2013 and I also remember picking my tert (or at least thinking I did). again, like the other said, I was wondering why I couldn't see this third color at all, got frustrated and settled on green cause I thought it'd look nice

it didn't
I'm from 2013 and I also remember picking my tert (or at least thinking I did). again, like the other said, I was wondering why I couldn't see this third color at all, got frustrated and settled on green cause I thought it'd look nice

it didn't
A Clan between domains and gods, The Starwound clan (Arcane/Plague) http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=outbound&loc=http://the-lorebrary.wikia.com/wiki/StarWound_Clan[img][/img]8e0286da716b.png
[img][/img]dfc5c2959c84.png
I 100% know that I didn't pick my custom's tertiary bc of I had, she would have a dark red or black range tert.
I 100% know that I didn't pick my custom's tertiary bc of I had, she would have a dark red or black range tert.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
I vividly remember reading a full on blurb about how terts and how they only show up if theres a gene there, thinking “ah whats the point then” and just randomly picking one. So.
I vividly remember reading a full on blurb about how terts and how they only show up if theres a gene there, thinking “ah whats the point then” and just randomly picking one. So.
zhMvOXK.png
I am 101% sure that I didn’t pick my progen’s tertiary, mainly because I didn’t even know that tertiaries existed. I remember I got totally frustrated while picking the colours, so I eventually just settled on Maize/Denim, and through some luck, I got Sky as my tert, though I remember being super confused, mainly because I didn’t know what a tertiary colour was.
I am 101% sure that I didn’t pick my progen’s tertiary, mainly because I didn’t even know that tertiaries existed. I remember I got totally frustrated while picking the colours, so I eventually just settled on Maize/Denim, and through some luck, I got Sky as my tert, though I remember being super confused, mainly because I didn’t know what a tertiary colour was.
60bawEH.png hiya thar, it's me, an absolute trashbag
?jKX9k=party.png
pokefarm
I remember making mine a triple Ice, because at the time I thought it looked great, and I thought it might be rare in the future. I only recently realized she wasn't triple x, and was very confused. I've tried scrying her, but she just doesn't look very good with that tert color.
I remember making mine a triple Ice, because at the time I thought it looked great, and I thought it might be rare in the future. I only recently realized she wasn't triple x, and was very confused. I've tried scrying her, but she just doesn't look very good with that tert color.
2013 registrant here, also remember picking my tertiary. I also told my friend about it - as in, brought her in with me and asked her to help me, because the color wasn't showing up and I thought I was missing something! I ended up choosing Navy because I thought it sounded nice, but we were both confused.
I'm not crazy... especially considering I asked my friend what she remembered when we were picking out my progen, and *she* brought up the invisible color. How could it be a false memory of mine if she remembers it too?!

More importantly, there seems to be a clump of people from a very small amount of time in 2013 that all have the same memory. Either we were all brainwashed (unlikely) or something was actually available to us then. The site had just started up, bugs aren't exactly unlikely. And more than that, I can understand why the admins are making a blanket statement "No one was ever able to choose your tert y'all are crazy", because if they publicly stated some people got to choose pretty terts (which we were) all the people with randomized ugly terts would be justifiably angry. It's an understandable crowd control solution, but sucks that so many of us aren't trusted/called senile. :(

Edit: I joined in June 2013. All of you who do remember, what month/year did you join?
2013 registrant here, also remember picking my tertiary. I also told my friend about it - as in, brought her in with me and asked her to help me, because the color wasn't showing up and I thought I was missing something! I ended up choosing Navy because I thought it sounded nice, but we were both confused.
I'm not crazy... especially considering I asked my friend what she remembered when we were picking out my progen, and *she* brought up the invisible color. How could it be a false memory of mine if she remembers it too?!

More importantly, there seems to be a clump of people from a very small amount of time in 2013 that all have the same memory. Either we were all brainwashed (unlikely) or something was actually available to us then. The site had just started up, bugs aren't exactly unlikely. And more than that, I can understand why the admins are making a blanket statement "No one was ever able to choose your tert y'all are crazy", because if they publicly stated some people got to choose pretty terts (which we were) all the people with randomized ugly terts would be justifiably angry. It's an understandable crowd control solution, but sucks that so many of us aren't trusted/called senile. :(

Edit: I joined in June 2013. All of you who do remember, what month/year did you join?
tumblr_n7sv6nWqzS1tfzqbio2_400.gif
2014 and I feel like I definitely saw a section that said "Tertiary color" and flipping through colors onto to realize that there was no difference in dragon and giving up.
2014 and I feel like I definitely saw a section that said "Tertiary color" and flipping through colors onto to realize that there was no difference in dragon and giving up.
uCR5SCW.png
There really isn’t some conspiracy, the staff have came forward about mistakes with coloring and other things before (can someone post that thing about the mirror face things again? It is somewhere earlier in the thread) and it has been corrected, regardless of controversy. The vast majority of people aggree that it was most likely a trick of memory, no real explanation has been offered for how or why a feature that was never planned or tested would randomly appear in code for only a few people, and I really am not appreciating the implication of some of the posters here that the people stating the reasons this was unlikely to happen are ‘trying to silence them’ or something similar, and the idea that it is so bad to tell them they must be remembering wrong, while they are completely in the right to argue that the staff must be lying, even when there is evidence to the contrary.
There really isn’t some conspiracy, the staff have came forward about mistakes with coloring and other things before (can someone post that thing about the mirror face things again? It is somewhere earlier in the thread) and it has been corrected, regardless of controversy. The vast majority of people aggree that it was most likely a trick of memory, no real explanation has been offered for how or why a feature that was never planned or tested would randomly appear in code for only a few people, and I really am not appreciating the implication of some of the posters here that the people stating the reasons this was unlikely to happen are ‘trying to silence them’ or something similar, and the idea that it is so bad to tell them they must be remembering wrong, while they are completely in the right to argue that the staff must be lying, even when there is evidence to the contrary.
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
It was most likely the Mandela Effect, even though I distinctly recall choosing gold as the tertiary for my white/white/gold custom progen (though he's been scattered since) because that was my aesthetic at the time. Plus, the first time I saw this debate in the forums was less than a month from when I joined, so it was still pretty fresh in my mind.
It was most likely the Mandela Effect, even though I distinctly recall choosing gold as the tertiary for my white/white/gold custom progen (though he's been scattered since) because that was my aesthetic at the time. Plus, the first time I saw this debate in the forums was less than a month from when I joined, so it was still pretty fresh in my mind.
Untitled443_20221209154031.png
I remember flipping through random colors trying to see if anything changed. When I sow it didn’t I just randomly scrolled up and down and picked one out of random. And thats how I got swamp on my black primary and purple secondary custom progen ;-;
I remember flipping through random colors trying to see if anything changed. When I sow it didn’t I just randomly scrolled up and down and picked one out of random. And thats how I got swamp on my black primary and purple secondary custom progen ;-;
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30