Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | to be fair
1 2 3
Why do you need a high IQ to understand Dom watch? I understood it after 3 weeks, so yeah I think I have low IQ or something.
Why do you need a high IQ to understand Dom watch? I understood it after 3 weeks, so yeah I think I have low IQ or something.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
I high IQ of at least 3 amirite

what's a Dominance
I high IQ of at least 3 amirite

what's a Dominance
how i mine for fish
how i mine for fish
VF45sGS.png
[quote name="starblaziing" date=2017-11-21 22:35:00] ...oh boy. Quote: To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Flight Rising. The references in item descriptions are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of statistics, most of the dominance mechanics will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also the deities' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- the Arcanist's and Stormcatcher's personal philosophies draw heavily from the Cold War's Russo-American conflict, for instance. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of dragon capitalism, to realise that it's not just pixel dragons- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Flight Rising truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the intensity in Stormcatcher's motivational catchphrase “GET BACK TO WORK,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the work culture all too common in today's society. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Undel’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ???? And yes, by the way, i DO have a Flight Rising tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5kt of my treasure(preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ???? i crave death also clarifying that this is a modified copypasta for any lost readers; 'tis a joke [/quote] Grate™ nothin personnel kid gets me every time its coldsteel the hedgeheg's catchphrase who had the bright idea to use it in the original copypasta what why
starblaziing wrote on 2017-11-21:
...oh boy.

Quote:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Flight Rising. The references in item descriptions are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of statistics, most of the dominance mechanics will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also the deities' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- the Arcanist's and Stormcatcher's personal philosophies draw heavily from the Cold War's Russo-American conflict, for instance. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of dragon capitalism, to realise that it's not just pixel dragons- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Flight Rising truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the intensity in Stormcatcher's motivational catchphrase “GET BACK TO WORK,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the work culture all too common in today's society. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Undel’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ????

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Flight Rising tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5kt of my treasure(preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ????

i crave death

also clarifying that this is a modified copypasta for any lost readers; 'tis a joke
Grate™

nothin personnel kid gets me every time

its coldsteel the hedgeheg's catchphrase who had the bright idea to use it in the original copypasta

what why
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="starblaziing" date=2017-11-21 22:35:00] [quote]To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Flight Rising. The references in item descriptions are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of statistics, most of the dominance mechanics will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also the deities' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- the Arcanist's and Stormcatcher's personal philosophies draw heavily from the Cold War's Russo-American conflict, for instance. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of dragon capitalism, to realise that it's not just pixel dragons- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Flight Rising truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the intensity in Stormcatcher's motivational catchphrase “GET BACK TO WORK,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the work culture all too common in today's society. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Undel’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ???? And yes, by the way, i DO have a Flight Rising tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5kt of my treasure(preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ????[/quote] [/quote] I WISH FOR THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH
starblaziing wrote on 2017-11-21:
Quote:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Flight Rising. The references in item descriptions are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of statistics, most of the dominance mechanics will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also the deities' nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- the Arcanist's and Stormcatcher's personal philosophies draw heavily from the Cold War's Russo-American conflict, for instance. The players understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of dragon capitalism, to realise that it's not just pixel dragons- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Flight Rising truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the intensity in Stormcatcher's motivational catchphrase “GET BACK TO WORK,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the work culture all too common in today's society. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Undel’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ????

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Flight Rising tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5kt of my treasure(preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ????
I WISH FOR THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
I CAN'T
I CAN'T
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking their favourite festival items.
As forfestival item costs, we selected initial values based upon data from the festival currency drop rates and other adjustments made to gathering rates before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player festival currency earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that festivals have iems that are versatile, flight-appropriate, and of course grindable via gameplay.
We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on FR; our forums and across numerous social media outlets.
Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking their favourite festival items.
As forfestival item costs, we selected initial values based upon data from the festival currency drop rates and other adjustments made to gathering rates before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player festival currency earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that festivals have iems that are versatile, flight-appropriate, and of course grindable via gameplay.
We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on FR; our forums and across numerous social media outlets.
Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
[quote name="ThunderMoth" date=2017-11-21 18:58:28] The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of a dragon capitalistic economy most of the jokes will go over the average players' head. [/quote]
ThunderMoth wrote on 2017-11-21:
The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of a dragon capitalistic economy most of the jokes will go over the average players' head.
XtPnxm4.png achievement.png FObX7rS.png
we-will-buy-all-your-salt.png
The die and the hard @amphithere
The die and the hard @amphithere
I get pinged wrong sometimes, so careful spelling my name!
this, this is a cursed thread.

op pls delete

but dont really
this, this is a cursed thread.

op pls delete

but dont really
Ej8Avwb.png
1 2 3