Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you decide on your flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6
honestly i'm a hoe for all things magic so i just had to go with arcane
honestly i'm a hoe for all things magic so i just had to go with arcane
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

@starrypond

Arcane was pink. I like pink.
@starrypond

Arcane was pink. I like pink.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
This is actually the third flight I've been in. I was Light initially, then Arcane, and now Ice. I guess I'm indecisive! I decided to move to Ice because Tundras are my favorite breed, I really like the eyes, and I like winter and snow a lot.
This is actually the third flight I've been in. I was Light initially, then Arcane, and now Ice. I guess I'm indecisive! I decided to move to Ice because Tundras are my favorite breed, I really like the eyes, and I like winter and snow a lot.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
[quote name="starrypond" date=2017-11-21 07:39:57] How did you decide on your flight? What was most important to you? Have you stayed with the flight you joined when you signed up for FR? [/quote] I started in Fire because I'm a very yang person - warm, passionate, I have intense feelings. I'm a Sagittarius (Fire sign). I'm creatively oriented and so the idea of being in a flight known for its smiths appealed to me. From the Ashfall Waste on the World Map: [i]The tumultuous, heated lands of the Flamecaller are the heartbeat of the world. It is said that whenever the land is pained, searing canyons and geysers emerge from the bedrock, and it is the Fire dragonflight that exploits this unrest, shaping and manufacturing the terrain however they see fit.[/i] I thought this was beautiful. Poetic. But I didn't feel quite at home in Fire after I joined, and I decided to change from Fire to Lightning for several reasons: -Dom. Fire is a smaller flight and a lot of its players are already established, have been around awhile. When you're a new player and getting to the point of paying 1mt to expand your lair every five spaces and you have gene projects up the wazoo, that dom discount looks really attractive. Fire, um, didn't succeed with getting on the board the last two times they had a push (no offense, guys <3). However if it were just a case of making dom a lot I'd have joined Light or Earth (though I am helping Earth with dom for Rockbreaker's and LvE next month, because you guys rock). Lightning doing two back-to-back profit pushes (even though the Beastclans kicked our butts for the second one) was impressive to me. -I do a lot of exalts every week with or without a profit push, and I also do a lot of Baldwining (this is a word now). "GET BACK TO WORK" is my clan's jam. We still love Mather, but we adore Bossman in all of his loud caffeinated glory. :P -I did my research before I switched flights (because I don't want to pay 1500 gems to switch again, that's a gene scroll, man) and Lightning is amazingly well-organized. They have a Baldwin bank where donors can request materials/cauldron time as well as a gene bank (where you get on a waiting list and pay every week) and they even have an apparel bank. I really like this a lot. -Lightning forums are neither completely dead nor overwhelmingly active, which is just right for my speed. -Lightning lore is very science/tech oriented and while I'm creative I'm also a big nerd. Now that I'm close to having my lair maxed out with expansions (one more to go) I'm having to find new things to do and one of them is attempting to write lore. I can nerd out and lore some of my lair as scientists, engineers, etc; there was a really great post on the Lightning forums about ecological issues in the Shifting Expanse which gave me the idea to make outfits for emergency first responders, including some of them with hazmat suits. -so many subspecies. INCLUDING A STEVE SUBSPECIES. -The eye color was admittedly a major influencing factor on my decision - if I breed gem-gene dergs with a blue or purple color range, they're going to look a lot better with Lightning eyes than Fire eyes. Lightning eyes seem to be more popular in general. I know that when a brand new player starts out and they have to pick a flight, they don't have much information to go on - it's one thing to see a region on the World Map and what the flight is known for, and another thing to be in that flight and see that flight's culture in action. So I'm glad the flight change option exists; I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot more since I moved to Lightning.
starrypond wrote on 2017-11-21:

How did you decide on your flight? What was most important to you? Have you stayed with the flight you joined when you signed up for FR?

I started in Fire because I'm a very yang person - warm, passionate, I have intense feelings. I'm a Sagittarius (Fire sign). I'm creatively oriented and so the idea of being in a flight known for its smiths appealed to me.

From the Ashfall Waste on the World Map:

The tumultuous, heated lands of the Flamecaller are the heartbeat of the world. It is said that whenever the land is pained, searing canyons and geysers emerge from the bedrock, and it is the Fire dragonflight that exploits this unrest, shaping and manufacturing the terrain however they see fit.

I thought this was beautiful. Poetic.

But I didn't feel quite at home in Fire after I joined, and I decided to change from Fire to Lightning for several reasons:

-Dom. Fire is a smaller flight and a lot of its players are already established, have been around awhile. When you're a new player and getting to the point of paying 1mt to expand your lair every five spaces and you have gene projects up the wazoo, that dom discount looks really attractive. Fire, um, didn't succeed with getting on the board the last two times they had a push (no offense, guys <3). However if it were just a case of making dom a lot I'd have joined Light or Earth (though I am helping Earth with dom for Rockbreaker's and LvE next month, because you guys rock). Lightning doing two back-to-back profit pushes (even though the Beastclans kicked our butts for the second one) was impressive to me.

-I do a lot of exalts every week with or without a profit push, and I also do a lot of Baldwining (this is a word now). "GET BACK TO WORK" is my clan's jam. We still love Mather, but we adore Bossman in all of his loud caffeinated glory. :P

-I did my research before I switched flights (because I don't want to pay 1500 gems to switch again, that's a gene scroll, man) and Lightning is amazingly well-organized. They have a Baldwin bank where donors can request materials/cauldron time as well as a gene bank (where you get on a waiting list and pay every week) and they even have an apparel bank. I really like this a lot.

-Lightning forums are neither completely dead nor overwhelmingly active, which is just right for my speed.

-Lightning lore is very science/tech oriented and while I'm creative I'm also a big nerd. Now that I'm close to having my lair maxed out with expansions (one more to go) I'm having to find new things to do and one of them is attempting to write lore. I can nerd out and lore some of my lair as scientists, engineers, etc; there was a really great post on the Lightning forums about ecological issues in the Shifting Expanse which gave me the idea to make outfits for emergency first responders, including some of them with hazmat suits.

-so many subspecies. INCLUDING A STEVE SUBSPECIES.

-The eye color was admittedly a major influencing factor on my decision - if I breed gem-gene dergs with a blue or purple color range, they're going to look a lot better with Lightning eyes than Fire eyes. Lightning eyes seem to be more popular in general.

I know that when a brand new player starts out and they have to pick a flight, they don't have much information to go on - it's one thing to see a region on the World Map and what the flight is known for, and another thing to be in that flight and see that flight's culture in action. So I'm glad the flight change option exists; I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot more since I moved to Lightning.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Arcane because it just fits my personality!
Never switched flights, don't plan to. My favorite flights aside from my own are Ice and Earth though <3
Arcane because it just fits my personality!
Never switched flights, don't plan to. My favorite flights aside from my own are Ice and Earth though <3
H9h42dL.png
f i s h
f i s h
Bluefin Charger Fin » cal
» he/they
» FR+0
___________________________________________ Q5wOe0Z.gif
When I first signed up, Wind appealed to me because it was most similar to how I am as a person. However, I didn't feel... involved. I was just there. Sure, Wind was really fun, and I still consider it sort of like a second home, but I was growing more and more distant. So I looked up Flight change guides.

I wanted to join either Fire, Water, or Nature purely because of the aesthetics. I was really close to changing to Fire--they have a large familial aspect, and I wanted to actually be a part of the community. But then I found out about Water. I loved the aesthetic, yeah, but the lore part really got to me. I made the change then and I've been here ever since.
When I first signed up, Wind appealed to me because it was most similar to how I am as a person. However, I didn't feel... involved. I was just there. Sure, Wind was really fun, and I still consider it sort of like a second home, but I was growing more and more distant. So I looked up Flight change guides.

I wanted to join either Fire, Water, or Nature purely because of the aesthetics. I was really close to changing to Fire--they have a large familial aspect, and I wanted to actually be a part of the community. But then I found out about Water. I loved the aesthetic, yeah, but the lore part really got to me. I made the change then and I've been here ever since.
he/him
pings OK!
1 2 3 4 5 6