Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you decide on your flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Wind was practically made for me. Freedom, fun, dominance incompetence... where do I even begin?
Wind was practically made for me. Freedom, fun, dominance incompetence... where do I even begin?
- order
@MrFrenchFrybrows

Honestly I've been considering moving to Wind! I'm between Light and Wind rn but I have time to think about it since, as you know, gems.
@MrFrenchFrybrows

Honestly I've been considering moving to Wind! I'm between Light and Wind rn but I have time to think about it since, as you know, gems.
@starrypond
(Long post iNCOMING because this particular topic about the elements is extremely interesting to me and I think about it a lot in my free time)
Dominance is somewhat overrated and doesn't amount to much IMO, but the choice is yours! My brother started out in Light, but he ended up not liking it very much, so now he's in Wind (temporarily).
Light is lovely, but I personally like the first four the best. I'm going to try not to push you, but Water is severely underrated and very cool!
@starrypond
(Long post iNCOMING because this particular topic about the elements is extremely interesting to me and I think about it a lot in my free time)
Dominance is somewhat overrated and doesn't amount to much IMO, but the choice is yours! My brother started out in Light, but he ended up not liking it very much, so now he's in Wind (temporarily).
Light is lovely, but I personally like the first four the best. I'm going to try not to push you, but Water is severely underrated and very cool!
- order
When I joined, I didn't want to join a very dom-oriented flight, only to feel uncomfortable with not participating or being "wooooooo!" about it. I heard Arcane was very dom chill, so I joined. Still sticking with it because I'm not terribly sure if I want to switch flights. Lightning sounds pretty good because SCIENCE! and SPREADSHEETS! But I also want a chill li'l flight, like Earth or maybe Fire. (I think Arcane's the second largest flight next to Shadow. This has worked well for me because I think it made resources more accessible when I was a a shy newbie. Now I'm just shy, haha.)
When I joined, I didn't want to join a very dom-oriented flight, only to feel uncomfortable with not participating or being "wooooooo!" about it. I heard Arcane was very dom chill, so I joined. Still sticking with it because I'm not terribly sure if I want to switch flights. Lightning sounds pretty good because SCIENCE! and SPREADSHEETS! But I also want a chill li'l flight, like Earth or maybe Fire. (I think Arcane's the second largest flight next to Shadow. This has worked well for me because I think it made resources more accessible when I was a a shy newbie. Now I'm just shy, haha.)
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
@MrFrenchFrybrows
I ended up going back to my roots (hehe) and switching back to Nature after some successful auctions. I really like the aesthetics of Wind & Light but Nature is more accurate to my personality I think! (Also I agree with you, Water seems really neat and I've thought about vacationing there!)
@MrFrenchFrybrows
I ended up going back to my roots (hehe) and switching back to Nature after some successful auctions. I really like the aesthetics of Wind & Light but Nature is more accurate to my personality I think! (Also I agree with you, Water seems really neat and I've thought about vacationing there!)
I started off in Wind because I loved the adventure theme and how Wind dragons are canonically friendly and peaceful. It seemed to match my personality pretty well!

But later, Arcane was just calling me, mostly for the aesthetic. I really like the color pink, but I also love dream and magic themes. The stars in Arcane are very lovely and I also love oceans, which is what the Starfall Isles are surrounded by. Wind will always have a special place in my heart, but Arcane is just too lovely and I've never regretted moving here.
I started off in Wind because I loved the adventure theme and how Wind dragons are canonically friendly and peaceful. It seemed to match my personality pretty well!

But later, Arcane was just calling me, mostly for the aesthetic. I really like the color pink, but I also love dream and magic themes. The stars in Arcane are very lovely and I also love oceans, which is what the Starfall Isles are surrounded by. Wind will always have a special place in my heart, but Arcane is just too lovely and I've never regretted moving here.
eg1jZa2.png
Eye color. That's it that's the story.
Eye color. That's it that's the story.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
"how about this one"
*5 mins later*
"nah.."

"this diety looks cool *clicks"
"ew wait"
"nature?"

"i'll just change it again"

"wHAT
wait no"

*me now*
ok
"how about this one"
*5 mins later*
"nah.."

"this diety looks cool *clicks"
"ew wait"
"nature?"

"i'll just change it again"

"wHAT
wait no"

*me now*
ok
107bfb44c60c7129ba6aa5dbaf4d8420d8d99d1f.png
I picked ice but I thought I would move after the first week. Never thought it would be permanent, but here I am now- I joined because I liked the aesthetic. I read that it wasn't that crazy or loud of a flight, and it is mostly a quiet flight. Everyone is super warm and friendly though. I also love the eye color and we're pretty good at dom too. Its a cool flight, I'll probably stay here for a while.
I picked ice but I thought I would move after the first week. Never thought it would be permanent, but here I am now- I joined because I liked the aesthetic. I read that it wasn't that crazy or loud of a flight, and it is mostly a quiet flight. Everyone is super warm and friendly though. I also love the eye color and we're pretty good at dom too. Its a cool flight, I'll probably stay here for a while.
They/Them || FR+ 3
Arcane caught my attention with being the "dreamers." But after a few months it didn't feel right, so now I'm in Wind, which fully encompasses the freedom, spontaneity and creativity that I saw flickers of in Arcane.
Arcane caught my attention with being the "dreamers." But after a few months it didn't feel right, so now I'm in Wind, which fully encompasses the freedom, spontaneity and creativity that I saw flickers of in Arcane.
I get pinged wrong sometimes, so careful spelling my name!
1 2 3 4 5 6