Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What if they found Sornieth?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I can't even imagine. Kid Icarus would likely make 80 references to Sornieth.
I can't even imagine. Kid Icarus would likely make 80 references to Sornieth.
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
Or on a similar note, humans get advanced enough and end up discovering the planet and landing?
Would it somehow be like dragonriders of Pern?
Or on a similar note, humans get advanced enough and end up discovering the planet and landing?
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
[quote name="KitalphaHart" date=2017-11-07 13:53:45] Or on a similar note, humans get advanced enough and end up discovering the planet and landing? Would it somehow be like dragonriders of Pern? [/quote] once again they resemble beastclans so probably humans end up ded in no time
KitalphaHart wrote on 2017-11-07:
once again they resemble beastclans so probably humans end up ded in no time
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
The Shade starts acting up and abruptly some odd dragons with weapons looking like giant keys start running around.
The Shade starts acting up and abruptly some odd dragons with weapons looking like giant keys start running around.
4QFtgPW.png
@catgame21234 @Amyatzu If the Grisha found themselves within Sornieth....
@catgame21234 @Amyatzu If the Grisha found themselves within Sornieth....
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Doctor Who yet. He would be absolutely FASCINATED by Sornieth and just thrilled to be there and everyone there is looking at him like "What is this thing and why does it speak our language"
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Doctor Who yet. He would be absolutely FASCINATED by Sornieth and just thrilled to be there and everyone there is looking at him like "What is this thing and why does it speak our language"
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Using humans because I can't talk about everyone. Well...it would depend [i]when[/i] they found Sornieth: In the First Age, most humans would be wrecked because they'd be on something like primordial Earth, what with in-fighting and Shade-fighting. (Side note: I'm wondering if the deities - in their last survey of the living creatures of Sornieth - missed the hardy bacteria and archaea. Hm.) In the Second Age, humans would fit right in - the images of the Second Age depict human-like characters. If our humble traveler lands in the wake of the Firebreather Uprising, however, it would be Diane Gabaldon's [i]Outlander[/i] but worse. The peace post-The Speaker might be better, but if you edge too close to the end...well, I only like nuclear reactors when they're not melting down. The Third Age is where it gets interesting! While Tomo regularly asks about The Speaker, judging from flavor texts like the one below, much of the Second Age (where humanoids influenced much of history) remain a mystery to current Sorniethians (Sorniethans? Sorniethlings?): [item=Deeprealm Runestone][item=Traveler's Runestone] The flavor text for the Deeprealm Runestone especially suggests this - if these whales were created, not evolved naturally, who would be a better candidate than the technologically advanced, magically equipped humans of the Second Age? If the Traveler's Runestone doesn't work for dragons (and probably for other Beastclan)...did Second Agers design them for humans? This mystery makes sense - the first eight deities were asleep well into the Third Age (#thanksSpacedad); the last three and the Beastclans didn't exist until after the nuclear explosion. If a bunch of humans showed up in Third Age Sornieth, Talona would probably try to recruit them as allies. This shift in the playing field might make for a good political intrigue novel. I think the humans would more readily ally themselves with creatures they look like and relate to more easily, especially if no one understands Draconic or Coatl. Humans would weird out everyone alright - something like dryads, something like Serthis and Harpies and Maren and Centaurs but not quite. That said, humans form relationships with robot vacuums ([url=https://xkcd.com/1558/]goofy example here[/url]), and Beastclan such as the Dunhoof Centaurs ally with dragons. It would be so cool to see a novel where a bunch of humans land here* and are just curious but end up being embroiled in this political conflict. Humans...would totally freak out. Centaurs, snake women, harpies, and dryads are real? If they find Second Age artifacts, they'd wonder how human-like creatures ended up so far away from Earth. *Realistically, they'd send one of Opportunity's progeny, but that doesn't seem as compelling a story to me. [url=https://xkcd.com/1504/]Long live the Martian rover.[/url]
Using humans because I can't talk about everyone.

Well...it would depend when they found Sornieth:

In the First Age, most humans would be wrecked because they'd be on something like primordial Earth, what with in-fighting and Shade-fighting. (Side note: I'm wondering if the deities - in their last survey of the living creatures of Sornieth - missed the hardy bacteria and archaea. Hm.)

In the Second Age, humans would fit right in - the images of the Second Age depict human-like characters. If our humble traveler lands in the wake of the Firebreather Uprising, however, it would be Diane Gabaldon's Outlander but worse. The peace post-The Speaker might be better, but if you edge too close to the end...well, I only like nuclear reactors when they're not melting down.

The Third Age is where it gets interesting! While Tomo regularly asks about The Speaker, judging from flavor texts like the one below, much of the Second Age (where humanoids influenced much of history) remain a mystery to current Sorniethians (Sorniethans? Sorniethlings?):

Deeprealm Runestone Traveler's Runestone

The flavor text for the Deeprealm Runestone especially suggests this - if these whales were created, not evolved naturally, who would be a better candidate than the technologically advanced, magically equipped humans of the Second Age? If the Traveler's Runestone doesn't work for dragons (and probably for other Beastclan)...did Second Agers design them for humans? This mystery makes sense - the first eight deities were asleep well into the Third Age (#thanksSpacedad); the last three and the Beastclans didn't exist until after the nuclear explosion.

If a bunch of humans showed up in Third Age Sornieth, Talona would probably try to recruit them as allies. This shift in the playing field might make for a good political intrigue novel. I think the humans would more readily ally themselves with creatures they look like and relate to more easily, especially if no one understands Draconic or Coatl. Humans would weird out everyone alright - something like dryads, something like Serthis and Harpies and Maren and Centaurs but not quite.

That said, humans form relationships with robot vacuums (goofy example here), and Beastclan such as the Dunhoof Centaurs ally with dragons. It would be so cool to see a novel where a bunch of humans land here* and are just curious but end up being embroiled in this political conflict.

Humans...would totally freak out. Centaurs, snake women, harpies, and dryads are real? If they find Second Age artifacts, they'd wonder how human-like creatures ended up so far away from Earth.

*Realistically, they'd send one of Opportunity's progeny, but that doesn't seem as compelling a story to me. Long live the Martian rover.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
i'm picturing..... eleven accidentally opening a portal to sornieth and the shade comes through
i'm picturing..... eleven accidentally opening a portal to sornieth and the shade comes through
olly / 15
85% of my Rps with FR turns into this

i could talk about this for hours but it falls in 3 catigories.

1) your character is not strong enough to draw attentios f the gods. You deal with only the local life and any dragon breeds you come across.

2) your character is strong enough to draw attention of the deities but can not fly. Will still depend on the population to get around and interactions

3) your "superman" from your world and that gives a lot of red flags if strong enough. Shojin anime protagnests fall here.

@RingsofSaturn

MM I DONT KNOW
MAYBE IF WE DID A LONG THOUGHT EXSPARMINET WE COULD FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENDS
[/Sarcasum]
85% of my Rps with FR turns into this

i could talk about this for hours but it falls in 3 catigories.

1) your character is not strong enough to draw attentios f the gods. You deal with only the local life and any dragon breeds you come across.

2) your character is strong enough to draw attention of the deities but can not fly. Will still depend on the population to get around and interactions

3) your "superman" from your world and that gives a lot of red flags if strong enough. Shojin anime protagnests fall here.

@RingsofSaturn

MM I DONT KNOW
MAYBE IF WE DID A LONG THOUGHT EXSPARMINET WE COULD FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENDS
[/Sarcasum]
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
okay but guys hear me out [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/American_Godzilla_%2714.jpg[/img] [img]http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2017/06/13/marioodyssey-1280-1497373316757_1280w.jpg[/img] just just so that we can have god damn mario possess a god just just just imagen stormcatcher with a littalinam mostash and a red cap or arcanist or earthshaker or anyone We could have bowser vs flamecaller ITD BE EPIC [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/smosh/images/2/22/Mortal_Kombat.png[/img] [size=1]IF ANY OF YOU DONT KNOW WHY IM LINKING THIS GO READ UP ON MK'S LORE NOW ITS SO FUCKING DEEP AND ANY CROSSOVER INSTENTLY BECOMES CANNON WITH THIS FRANCHIES ITS AMAZING[/size] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Dragon_Ball_Super_Key_visual.jpg[/img]
okay but guys hear me out

American_Godzilla_%2714.jpg

marioodyssey-1280-1497373316757_1280w.jpg
just
just so that
we can have
god damn
mario
possess a god
just
just
just imagen
stormcatcher with a littalinam mostash and a red cap
or arcanist
or earthshaker
or anyone

We could have bowser vs flamecaller ITD BE EPIC

Mortal_Kombat.png
IF ANY OF YOU DONT KNOW WHY IM LINKING THIS GO READ UP ON MK'S LORE NOW ITS SO ******* DEEP AND ANY CROSSOVER INSTENTLY BECOMES CANNON WITH THIS FRANCHIES ITS AMAZING

Dragon_Ball_Super_Key_visual.jpg
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9