Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Secret Santa Sign Ups - CLOSED
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 46 47
@minty

May I ask why art is no longer allowed in gifts?
@minty

May I ask why art is no longer allowed in gifts?
Mg9qSuP.gif
@SilverFoxDemon -- Yes! Your Santa will receive your username and ID# so they can take a peep at your lair and get a feel for what you like, etc. You just won't know who they are until the end of the exchange, if they choose to reveal themselves.

@Iymarra -- There was, at the very end of the exchange for folks to discuss and hype about delivery and their gifts. It is closed now, and will likely open back up closer to delivery again.

@StormDragon21 -- You may still give art as a gift, but it will not have any value towards meeting the minimum required by the tier. Last year, we allowed art and asked folks to either be honest with themselves or go to the art forums to ask other artists what it would be worth. However it did not work as intended and unfortunately our elves ended up stepping on some toes regarding evaluation of their gifts. It is easier for our elves if they are not required to make any judgment calls like this.

Definitely no fun, but it was one of the most stressful parts of being an elf last year for a large majority of the crew and we want to avoid that.

So, give art. But also give site items!
@SilverFoxDemon -- Yes! Your Santa will receive your username and ID# so they can take a peep at your lair and get a feel for what you like, etc. You just won't know who they are until the end of the exchange, if they choose to reveal themselves.

@Iymarra -- There was, at the very end of the exchange for folks to discuss and hype about delivery and their gifts. It is closed now, and will likely open back up closer to delivery again.

@StormDragon21 -- You may still give art as a gift, but it will not have any value towards meeting the minimum required by the tier. Last year, we allowed art and asked folks to either be honest with themselves or go to the art forums to ask other artists what it would be worth. However it did not work as intended and unfortunately our elves ended up stepping on some toes regarding evaluation of their gifts. It is easier for our elves if they are not required to make any judgment calls like this.

Definitely no fun, but it was one of the most stressful parts of being an elf last year for a large majority of the crew and we want to avoid that.

So, give art. But also give site items!
@StormDragon21 Art is highly subjective! What one person feels is worth 500k in art the receiver may think it's only worth 200k. Because of this we completed cut it out as counting towards your tier minimum - it's also very difficult for elves to determine the total value of the gift when art is counted! You can still add art though, it just won't count towards the tier value ^^
@StormDragon21 Art is highly subjective! What one person feels is worth 500k in art the receiver may think it's only worth 200k. Because of this we completed cut it out as counting towards your tier minimum - it's also very difficult for elves to determine the total value of the gift when art is counted! You can still add art though, it just won't count towards the tier value ^^
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
Hype hype hype! Put my sign-up for being in the max tier and being a backup santa for the second year in a row! I adore this event~
Hype hype hype! Put my sign-up for being in the max tier and being a backup santa for the second year in a row! I adore this event~
10545843_qa4oy8AnldwZ5JQ.png
Totally jazzed!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!! *runs around screaming in anticipation*
Totally jazzed!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!! *runs around screaming in anticipation*
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
@minty

Quick question for adding a wishlist in the sign up form. Is it ok to link a dragon that has a wishlist in the bio?
I have quite a few items on mine so it'd be easier to link the dragon instead of typing it all out. Also still sorting out apparel items I want so I don't have a complete list yet.
@minty

Quick question for adding a wishlist in the sign up form. Is it ok to link a dragon that has a wishlist in the bio?
I have quite a few items on mine so it'd be easier to link the dragon instead of typing it all out. Also still sorting out apparel items I want so I don't have a complete list yet.
Cinus_small.png
So excited!! Signing up now. :)
So excited!! Signing up now. :)
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
Signed up ^^
Signed up ^^
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
@Andromeda DOOOOO EEEEEEET
@Andromeda DOOOOO EEEEEEET
w8o0xW1.png springcleanrafflebutton.png iiILKcw.png
@NoctisEternal

Yes, that's fine! Just be sure to keep that dragon around for the next few months and not move your wish list all of a sudden.
@NoctisEternal

Yes, that's fine! Just be sure to keep that dragon around for the next few months and not move your wish list all of a sudden.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 46 47