Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | here's some dragon population stats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I assume that Guardians are so popular because as the most "traditional" dragon of the starter breeds, they are most commonly chosen. Then when a new player loses interest, the dragon stays a Guardian forever instead of being breedchanged to something else.
I assume that Guardians are so popular because as the most "traditional" dragon of the starter breeds, they are most commonly chosen. Then when a new player loses interest, the dragon stays a Guardian forever instead of being breedchanged to something else.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
I think people also think of Guardians as the classic Coli fighters.

I'm surprised WIldclaws are so low. I love my Wildclaws. But they are slow to breed.
I think people also think of Guardians as the classic Coli fighters.

I'm surprised WIldclaws are so low. I love my Wildclaws. But they are slow to breed.
[quote name="vihuff" date=2017-09-25 17:50:39] See, I knew ridgebacks, mirrors, tundras, nocturnes and snappers were unpopular. I'm really surprised to find pearlcatchers and wildclaws down there though. Bogs are low because they're so new. Super proud Imps are the highest. I love imps. [/quote] i don't think bogs are gonna be all that popular either. not as regal as an imp, skydancer, coatl, or fae
vihuff wrote on 2017-09-25:
See, I knew ridgebacks, mirrors, tundras, nocturnes and snappers were unpopular. I'm really surprised to find pearlcatchers and wildclaws down there though. Bogs are low because they're so new.

Super proud Imps are the highest. I love imps.

i don't think bogs are gonna be all that popular either. not as regal as an imp, skydancer, coatl, or fae
yeah, now that the novelty is wearing off, bogs aren't a terribly popular breed. which i think is a shame, but ah well.
yeah, now that the novelty is wearing off, bogs aren't a terribly popular breed. which i think is a shame, but ah well.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
[quote name="RadiantStar" date=2017-09-25 19:16:52] [quote name="vihuff" date=2017-09-25 17:50:39] See, I knew ridgebacks, mirrors, tundras, nocturnes and snappers were unpopular. I'm really surprised to find pearlcatchers and wildclaws down there though. Bogs are low because they're so new. Super proud Imps are the highest. I love imps. [/quote] i don't think bogs are gonna be all that popular either. not as regal as an imp, skydancer, coatl, or fae [/quote] Aw, but they're like big monitor lizards!
RadiantStar wrote on 2017-09-25:
vihuff wrote on 2017-09-25:
See, I knew ridgebacks, mirrors, tundras, nocturnes and snappers were unpopular. I'm really surprised to find pearlcatchers and wildclaws down there though. Bogs are low because they're so new.

Super proud Imps are the highest. I love imps.

i don't think bogs are gonna be all that popular either. not as regal as an imp, skydancer, coatl, or fae

Aw, but they're like big monitor lizards!
FfsFHyt.png
at some point tonight or tomorrow i will probably end up putting together a written analysis of this junk. at least of the parts i find interesting.
at some point tonight or tomorrow i will probably end up putting together a written analysis of this junk. at least of the parts i find interesting.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
That's pretty cool that people actually went through all the effort to make this. I'm a bit surprised that Guardians are the most popular breed overall yet there are more unexalted imperials than unexalted guardians.
That's pretty cool that people actually went through all the effort to make this. I'm a bit surprised that Guardians are the most popular breed overall yet there are more unexalted imperials than unexalted guardians.
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@Maithax
someone i was talking to in an offsite chat mentioned this, which i found noteworthy: given that imperial breedchange scrolls are so rare that they might as well be nonexistent, if you want a certain imperial, you're gonna need to breed for it. that would go a ways toward explaining the relatively high population of imperials.

there are more unexalted imperials than unexalted guardians on the site. the big red bars are exalted; there have been far more guardians exalted than imperials.
@Maithax
someone i was talking to in an offsite chat mentioned this, which i found noteworthy: given that imperial breedchange scrolls are so rare that they might as well be nonexistent, if you want a certain imperial, you're gonna need to breed for it. that would go a ways toward explaining the relatively high population of imperials.

there are more unexalted imperials than unexalted guardians on the site. the big red bars are exalted; there have been far more guardians exalted than imperials.
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
@Maithax

In part, the guardian mismatch is probably because guardians have a very short breeding cooldown. Imperials have one twice that length. Guardians also have easily obtained breed change scrolls, where Imperials are limited, and their breed change scrolls are possibly the rarest items onsite.

So people might be more inclined to 'save' an imperial they'd otherwise exalt because they may not be able to get it again later. Also breeding projects. And that's before counting in the general popularity of the species.

Unrelated fun fact: There have been enough imperials created onsite to make 364,313 emperors.
@Maithax

In part, the guardian mismatch is probably because guardians have a very short breeding cooldown. Imperials have one twice that length. Guardians also have easily obtained breed change scrolls, where Imperials are limited, and their breed change scrolls are possibly the rarest items onsite.

So people might be more inclined to 'save' an imperial they'd otherwise exalt because they may not be able to get it again later. Also breeding projects. And that's before counting in the general popularity of the species.

Unrelated fun fact: There have been enough imperials created onsite to make 364,313 emperors.
iXNOttm.gif
[quote name="kyonshi" date=2017-09-25 20:36:05] Unrelated fun fact: There have been enough imperials created onsite to make 364,313 emperors. [/quote] thanks for that image, @kyonshi.
kyonshi wrote on 2017-09-25:

thanks for that image, @kyonshi.
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8