Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No Spendtember 2017 v4.0
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is the new 2017 No Spendtember topic!
(I am bad a topics, so please excuse me for any error)

Most of this is from the 2015 No Spndtember topic: click here to see
Spend no money for an ENTIRE MONTH, win... nothing but the money you made in the month, what do you think I am, rich?

BASICALLY from midnight on September 1st to rollover on September 30th, spend NO MONEY. No gems no treasure nothing*.

* There are exceptions. See below.

Your goal this month is to make money. How you choose to do that is up to you.

There are, of course, different ways to play.

WIMP
You may NOT buy anything from the MP or the AH with the following exceptions:
1. Items to resell for a profit
2. Dragons to exalt or resell for a profit
3. Items that will be retired or cycled out before September 30th
4. Arcane skins and accents
You MAY purchase from Festive Favors/ Joxar's Spare Inventory at any time. You may not spend gems or treasure on anything else.

NORMAL
4. Arcane skins and accents that are only available on the MP
You MAY purchase from Festive Favors/ Joxar's Spare Inventory at any time. You may not spend gems or treasure on anything else.

DIFFICULT
You MAY purchase from Festive Favors/ Joxar's Spare Inventory on Friday and Saturday only. You may not spend gems or treasure on anything else.

HERO
You MAY purchase from Festive Favors/ Joxar's Spare Inventory on Saturday only. You may not spend gems or treasure on anything else.

Special 15 days challenge
You are welcomed to join until the 15th september, if you missed september 1-10. You should join this really hard challenge to make up for the lost 10 days:
3. You MAY NOT purchase anything from the festival, period. It must all be earned through grinding.
4. You MAY ONLY trade skins and accents from the Festival.
6. You MAY ONLY trade festival currency from FRIDAY to the end of the Festival.

You are welcome to trade and exchange items, work out payment plans, or anything else that does not involve spending currency during September.

THIS INCLUDES BALDWIN
Good question. Baldwin wasn't a thing last year, and it's honestly not a feature I use very much. I know some people are using this month to reduce a lot of material, and any Baldwin specific skins would fall under the same category as MP-specific skins (on easier levels, go ahead and get them, on harder ones, good luck trading). Ditto for anything introduced this month that will be retired before the 30th.

So on balance, I personally would say no, throwing money at Baldwin is the same as throwing money at a lair expansion or something from the MP and can wait until October, but it really is up to you in the end.

Nobody is spying on you. You can cheat all you want, but again, no prizes. This is purely a personal competition to make money.
This is the new 2017 No Spendtember topic!
(I am bad a topics, so please excuse me for any error)

Most of this is from the 2015 No Spndtember topic: click here to see
Spend no money for an ENTIRE MONTH, win... nothing but the money you made in the month, what do you think I am, rich?

BASICALLY from midnight on September 1st to rollover on September 30th, spend NO MONEY. No gems no treasure nothing*.

* There are exceptions. See below.

Your goal this month is to make money. How you choose to do that is up to you.

There are, of course, different ways to play.

WIMP
4. Arcane skins and accents

NORMAL
4. Arcane skins and accents that are only available on the MP

DIFFICULT
You MAY purchase from Festive Favors/ Joxar's Spare Inventory on Friday and Saturday only. You may not spend gems or treasure on anything else.

HERO
You MAY purchase from Festive Favors/ Joxar's Spare Inventory on Saturday only. You may not spend gems or treasure on anything else.

Special 15 days challenge
You are welcomed to join until the 15th september, if you missed september 1-10. You should join this really hard challenge to make up for the lost 10 days:
3. You MAY NOT purchase anything from the festival, period. It must all be earned through grinding.
4. You MAY ONLY trade skins and accents from the Festival.

You are welcome to trade and exchange items, work out payment plans, or anything else that does not involve spending currency during September.

THIS INCLUDES BALDWIN
Good question. Baldwin wasn't a thing last year, and it's honestly not a feature I use very much. I know some people are using this month to reduce a lot of material, and any Baldwin specific skins would fall under the same category as MP-specific skins (on easier levels, go ahead and get them, on harder ones, good luck trading). Ditto for anything introduced this month that will be retired before the 30th.

So on balance, I personally would say no, throwing money at Baldwin is the same as throwing money at a lair expansion or something from the MP and can wait until October, but it really is up to you in the end.

Nobody is spying on you. You can cheat all you want, but again, no prizes. This is purely a personal competition to make money.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.giftumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif___________Sj5rDQi.png
Here is the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16r70q-pZphLXXQQNxVgs2apiQwqaX44DO-Bs6L4_3lY/edit#gid=0

!New spreadsheet feature!
There is a new feature on the spreadsheet, where you can add how much you saved per day or if you bought something, becasue you just needed too. Everyone can grab one slot, just name it after your username and it will be yours!

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use Treasure in Baldwin Brewing?
Only if you're using it to make a profit. (I.E. Brewing Skink Gene(95k Treasure) then selling it on AH.)

What about Festival skins and currency that require treasure?
This will follow use of Festival currency for Festive Favors
Easy & Medium - Any time A-Okay
Hard - Only allowed from Thursday through Saturday
Epic - Only allowed on the last day of the Festival

Can I take a break from this on (X) day because (Y)?

Yes. As long as you're fine with that, then you can do that. No one can enforce the rules on you, only you can. However, the column in the spreadsheet for the end total will not be available until 10/1. So you may miss out on a chance to get an achievement badge unless you make it all back by then.

Can I buy skins during the festival to resell after No Spendtember?
That falls under the same rules as Festival items
Easy:
3. You MAY purchase from the Arcane festival.
Medium:
3. You MAY NOT purchase anything from the Arcane festival unless you haven't gotten all of the skins by the last day.
Hard:
3. You MAY NOT purchase anything from the Arcane festival, period. It must all be earned through grinding.
5. You MAY trade skins and accents all week of the Festival.
Epic:
3. You MAY NOT purchase anything from the Arcane festival, period. It must all be earned through grinding.
5. You MAY ONLY trade skins and accents from THURSDAY to the end of the Festival.

It would be different if you were reselling in that same month of this year, of course.

What Festival Currency are you tracking?
THIS PART IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL.
For now this is ONLY tracking Magical shards.

Can I trade Gems for Treasure or Treasure for Gems?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: The goal is to MAKE money. both gems AND treasure. Since Treasure:Gem ratio is not 1:1. you are technically losing money by trading Treasure for Gems. However you're gaining Gems. And trading Gems for treasure is a way of gaining money. So it's a null point, that's why it's okay. It's, in essence, playing the "Stocks".

pinglist:
@Owlcatpup @Geckoe @DraweeDragon
Here is the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16r70q-pZphLXXQQNxVgs2apiQwqaX44DO-Bs6L4_3lY/edit#gid=0

!New spreadsheet feature!
There is a new feature on the spreadsheet, where you can add how much you saved per day or if you bought something, becasue you just needed too. Everyone can grab one slot, just name it after your username and it will be yours!

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use Treasure in Baldwin Brewing?
Only if you're using it to make a profit. (I.E. Brewing Skink Gene(95k Treasure) then selling it on AH.)

What about Festival skins and currency that require treasure?
This will follow use of Festival currency for Festive Favors
Easy & Medium - Any time A-Okay
Hard - Only allowed from Thursday through Saturday
Epic - Only allowed on the last day of the Festival

Can I take a break from this on (X) day because (Y)?

Yes. As long as you're fine with that, then you can do that. No one can enforce the rules on you, only you can. However, the column in the spreadsheet for the end total will not be available until 10/1. So you may miss out on a chance to get an achievement badge unless you make it all back by then.

Can I buy skins during the festival to resell after No Spendtember?
That falls under the same rules as Festival items
Easy:
Medium:
3. You MAY NOT purchase anything from the Arcane festival unless you haven't gotten all of the skins by the last day.
Hard:
Epic:
5. You MAY ONLY trade skins and accents from THURSDAY to the end of the Festival.

It would be different if you were reselling in that same month of this year, of course.

What Festival Currency are you tracking?
THIS PART IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL.
For now this is ONLY tracking Magical shards.

Can I trade Gems for Treasure or Treasure for Gems?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: The goal is to MAKE money. both gems AND treasure. Since Treasure:Gem ratio is not 1:1. you are technically losing money by trading Treasure for Gems. However you're gaining Gems. And trading Gems for treasure is a way of gaining money. So it's a null point, that's why it's okay. It's, in essence, playing the "Stocks".

pinglist:
@Owlcatpup @Geckoe @DraweeDragon
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.giftumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif___________Sj5rDQi.png
I think I'm gonna try Hero, good luck me
I think I'm gonna try Hero, good luck me
8WgC0V2.jpg
@Revolutionary

good luck to you :D!! I am not sure if you already saw it, but I made an spreadsheet you can use if you want ^-^
@Revolutionary

good luck to you :D!! I am not sure if you already saw it, but I made an spreadsheet you can use if you want ^-^
@Apfelobst
Spreadsheet is view only!
@Apfelobst
Spreadsheet is view only!
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
@TemmieVillage

woops, thought I had changed it, sry. It should work now!
@TemmieVillage

woops, thought I had changed it, sry. It should work now!
doing difficult.
gonna make dragon money!
doing difficult.
gonna make dragon money!
348a58bed57a6e78ddac805e55142143f489c2ca.png
I'm in!
I'm in!
Some rules I copied from the old '14 thread, o case you guys don't know!
Quote:
RULES FOR EASY CHALLENGE (FESTIVAL MODE):
1. You MAY NOT spend any Treasure or Gems.
2. If you spend Treasure or Gems, it MUST be to make a profit, i.e. exaltation, reselling, or sniping.
4. You MAY purchase from Festive Favors at any period during the Festival with your festival currency.
5. You MAY trade all festival items.

RULES FOR MEDIUM CHALLENGE (NORMAL MODE):
2. If you spend Treasure or Gems, it MUST be to make a profit, i.e. exaltation, reselling, or sniping.
4. You MAY purchase from Festive Favors at any period during the Festival with your festival currency.

RULES FOR HARD CHALLENGE (FOR BRAVE WARRIOR SOULS MODE):
4. You MAY NOT purchase from Festive Favors until the last day of the Festival.
6. You MAY ONLY trade festival currency from THURSDAY to the end of the Festival

RULES FOR HERO CHALLENGE (WHAT ARE YOU, CRAZY? MODE):
OR
ALTERNATE 4. You MAY NOT purchase from Festive Favors, and can only get your Festival items through trading (rules 4-7 would not apply if you chose this option)

These rules are definitely dated, but every spendtember had similar ones.
Some rules I copied from the old '14 thread, o case you guys don't know!
Quote:
RULES FOR EASY CHALLENGE (FESTIVAL MODE):

RULES FOR MEDIUM CHALLENGE (NORMAL MODE):

RULES FOR HARD CHALLENGE (FOR BRAVE WARRIOR SOULS MODE):
6. You MAY ONLY trade festival currency from THURSDAY to the end of the Festival

RULES FOR HERO CHALLENGE (WHAT ARE YOU, CRAZY? MODE):
OR
ALTERNATE 4. You MAY NOT purchase from Festive Favors, and can only get your Festival items through trading (rules 4-7 would not apply if you chose this option)

These rules are definitely dated, but every spendtember had similar ones.
tumblr_inline_ot7n31p9oq1soemy4_540.png

- +8 fr time
@Geckoe

thanks for sharing the old rules :D I didn't found the 2014 toic and just went with the 2015 ones.
@Geckoe

thanks for sharing the old rules :D I didn't found the 2014 toic and just went with the 2015 ones.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8