Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A question on auction prices
Prices for dragons on the Auction House seem to go all the way up to the cap...obviously these are overpriced, but that and a discussion with a friend about what a good price to sell some hatchlings might be makes me wonder something...

What are the highest prices of dragons that people regularly actually purchase? And which dragons are generally valued enough to be purchased at that cost?
Prices for dragons on the Auction House seem to go all the way up to the cap...obviously these are overpriced, but that and a discussion with a friend about what a good price to sell some hatchlings might be makes me wonder something...

What are the highest prices of dragons that people regularly actually purchase? And which dragons are generally valued enough to be purchased at that cost?
o4DqWK1.png
@Technova
The highest I ever had somebody pay for one of my dragons was 4k gems. That was durring the time after the color wheel expansion when certain colors were really hard to come by. These days I don't usually even try to list for more than 300 gems and usually less. This is for top end dragons with gem genes that are currently in demand. The devs never intended for dragons to be a primary means of earning game currency so don't feel bad if you aren't earning much. If it's a nicer than fodder dragon, try listing in the 15-20kT (15-20 gem) range. It might sell or it might not.
@Technova
The highest I ever had somebody pay for one of my dragons was 4k gems. That was durring the time after the color wheel expansion when certain colors were really hard to come by. These days I don't usually even try to list for more than 300 gems and usually less. This is for top end dragons with gem genes that are currently in demand. The devs never intended for dragons to be a primary means of earning game currency so don't feel bad if you aren't earning much. If it's a nicer than fodder dragon, try listing in the 15-20kT (15-20 gem) range. It might sell or it might not.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Technova I don't actively sell dragons, I.E. a hatchery, but what I would recommend is seeing how common/in demand the colour combo/genes/breeds you are trying to sell are priced. Say, I just bought a met/all/glim peacock/peacock/thicket coatl for 382kT. If someone is looking for a particular colour combo with specific genes and or breed, they are much more likely to be willing to pay for a higher priced dragon that meets most/all specifics than a cheaper one that meets say only the colours.
@Technova I don't actively sell dragons, I.E. a hatchery, but what I would recommend is seeing how common/in demand the colour combo/genes/breeds you are trying to sell are priced. Say, I just bought a met/all/glim peacock/peacock/thicket coatl for 382kT. If someone is looking for a particular colour combo with specific genes and or breed, they are much more likely to be willing to pay for a higher priced dragon that meets most/all specifics than a cheaper one that meets say only the colours.
@Technova
that depends very strongly on the breed, gene(s) and colors/color combo, as well as its generation. usually it's G1 or nothing, but G2 dragons can be appealing to breeding projects or lore reasons; a pure G2 (as in a G1 parents on both sides) imperial is also more expensive due to the prestige.

i've recently sold an XXY sanguine/sanguine/gold metallic/spinner/opal imperial for 500g, for example, and i've sold a metallic/butterfly/stained unique-color-combo wildclaw for 150g. the new genes, especially the gem genes, are in high demand, as well as skink and spinner, especially if the accent colors coordinate well. doubles or triples can be more difficult to breed and sell better, but there's also a market for XYZ dragons with genes like skink/spin or poi/tox whose accent colors match.

it's also a lot to do with how you market and what audience you're aiming for. 100g/100kt or less tends to sell a lot better, but i've been trying to sell triple midnight bogsneaks for a week now at like 30g and the buggers won't sell. so.

edit: this was mentioned by another user, but having a certain color or colors will often motivate people, since breed and gene-change scrolls are readily available, but if the dragon has the colors they want as well as the genes they want, they'll be a lot more likely to buy, and buy at a higher price, since they won't have to subsequently regene the dragon.
@Technova
that depends very strongly on the breed, gene(s) and colors/color combo, as well as its generation. usually it's G1 or nothing, but G2 dragons can be appealing to breeding projects or lore reasons; a pure G2 (as in a G1 parents on both sides) imperial is also more expensive due to the prestige.

i've recently sold an XXY sanguine/sanguine/gold metallic/spinner/opal imperial for 500g, for example, and i've sold a metallic/butterfly/stained unique-color-combo wildclaw for 150g. the new genes, especially the gem genes, are in high demand, as well as skink and spinner, especially if the accent colors coordinate well. doubles or triples can be more difficult to breed and sell better, but there's also a market for XYZ dragons with genes like skink/spin or poi/tox whose accent colors match.

it's also a lot to do with how you market and what audience you're aiming for. 100g/100kt or less tends to sell a lot better, but i've been trying to sell triple midnight bogsneaks for a week now at like 30g and the buggers won't sell. so.

edit: this was mentioned by another user, but having a certain color or colors will often motivate people, since breed and gene-change scrolls are readily available, but if the dragon has the colors they want as well as the genes they want, they'll be a lot more likely to buy, and buy at a higher price, since they won't have to subsequently regene the dragon.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
I mean I don't plan on doing much selling of dragons

I just figure, I got a bunch of mirror hatchlings and I'm not that much a fan of mirrors, sure I like the one that was their parent but

They do have nice colors and genes I think, I'm planning on selling 'em for 15k each, although the question is more out of curiosity than out of wanting advice.
I mean I don't plan on doing much selling of dragons

I just figure, I got a bunch of mirror hatchlings and I'm not that much a fan of mirrors, sure I like the one that was their parent but

They do have nice colors and genes I think, I'm planning on selling 'em for 15k each, although the question is more out of curiosity than out of wanting advice.
o4DqWK1.png
@Technova
since a lot of other people aren't much a fan of mirrors, they don't tend to sell the best. the plentiful breeds often end up fodder; guardians are the minor exception. so you might be able to get over the fodder floor with them, but you might not. if you don't care whether the kiddos will get exalted, you could turn a profit off them by selling them to Nature this week for their festival push, or to someone who's about to train them and exalt or sell.
@Technova
since a lot of other people aren't much a fan of mirrors, they don't tend to sell the best. the plentiful breeds often end up fodder; guardians are the minor exception. so you might be able to get over the fodder floor with them, but you might not. if you don't care whether the kiddos will get exalted, you could turn a profit off them by selling them to Nature this week for their festival push, or to someone who's about to train them and exalt or sell.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
Well as for exalting, my figuring is if they don't sell I'll level 'em up and exalt them myself

Although that's not quite relevant to the original question...which kinda has been answered.

Well, sort of.

Because apparently the answer is that there really isn't a hard cap on the most people are willing to pay for a dragon.
Well as for exalting, my figuring is if they don't sell I'll level 'em up and exalt them myself

Although that's not quite relevant to the original question...which kinda has been answered.

Well, sort of.

Because apparently the answer is that there really isn't a hard cap on the most people are willing to pay for a dragon.
o4DqWK1.png
@Technova

The niche markets are generally where the highest prices are found:

G1 Imperials
Old dragons (6 digits and under but the eye-popping prices start happening at 5)
G1 (triples, black/red/white range combos, pastels in popular combinations).

The only "hard cap" on prices determined by the finances of the buyer in question and how much they want a specific dragon. I would say that my normal hard cap for a dragon that wasn't one of the above would be 2k gems. So far, the most I've spent on a dragon was 17.6k gems (gems and retired item valuation at the time of sale).

G1 imps start around 250k gems and go up from there. The last sale I heard of was around 350k gems. Old dragon prices are all over the place but you can look up some historic sales and trends at ODCA.

G1 is a harder market to predict but in December 2014 an unbred triple midnight went for 18k gems but one got an interest check December 2015 and the offers went up to 80k gems. That one was also born on Christmas day with Plague eyes and possibly went higher since the lair it ended up in wasn't one of the original bidders.
@Technova

The niche markets are generally where the highest prices are found:

G1 Imperials
Old dragons (6 digits and under but the eye-popping prices start happening at 5)
G1 (triples, black/red/white range combos, pastels in popular combinations).

The only "hard cap" on prices determined by the finances of the buyer in question and how much they want a specific dragon. I would say that my normal hard cap for a dragon that wasn't one of the above would be 2k gems. So far, the most I've spent on a dragon was 17.6k gems (gems and retired item valuation at the time of sale).

G1 imps start around 250k gems and go up from there. The last sale I heard of was around 350k gems. Old dragon prices are all over the place but you can look up some historic sales and trends at ODCA.

G1 is a harder market to predict but in December 2014 an unbred triple midnight went for 18k gems but one got an interest check December 2015 and the offers went up to 80k gems. That one was also born on Christmas day with Plague eyes and possibly went higher since the lair it ended up in wasn't one of the original bidders.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Okay, this is a broad topic so I'll try to explain without a wall of text, hopefully.

Dragons - everyone has different preferences, right? However, there's the 'popular' genes which people are willing to pay/spend more for, such as metallic/alloy, opal, petals/butterfly, skink/spinner, etc. Not many are willing to spend a pretty penny on dragons who don't have genes - basic is a no go for me. Breed wise - I can tell you from the bat some of the most 'popular' breeds are imperials, coatls, and skydancers.
Fodder - the dragons considered 'ugly' can be bought anywhere from 4k to 15k - but that depends if there's a DOM battle going on or not, so the dragon market is messed up, can't show any advice on that besides looking if there's a insane battle or not, conquest they call it. Profit pushes tend to keep the fodder floor fairly decent, not too bad.
Colors? There's people who like triples, doubles, mis-matching xyz's, eyeburners, etc. You never know who likes what - unless you ask them / go to their lair or something.
I'd say to look for the same 'type' of dragon already on the AH to price your dragon around, just in case.
For me, it depends.
Is it the prettiest thing I ever seen? If so, I'll spend 100kt+ on it, because I can always profit from said dragon later.
Is it worth it?
And - Will I keep this dragon for a long time,
are the questions that usually go through my mind when making an 'expensive' purchase.
If the dragon is over the top gorgeous, sure, list it for 500g. Someone will buy it - if not, slowly lower the price.
Okay, this is a broad topic so I'll try to explain without a wall of text, hopefully.

Dragons - everyone has different preferences, right? However, there's the 'popular' genes which people are willing to pay/spend more for, such as metallic/alloy, opal, petals/butterfly, skink/spinner, etc. Not many are willing to spend a pretty penny on dragons who don't have genes - basic is a no go for me. Breed wise - I can tell you from the bat some of the most 'popular' breeds are imperials, coatls, and skydancers.
Fodder - the dragons considered 'ugly' can be bought anywhere from 4k to 15k - but that depends if there's a DOM battle going on or not, so the dragon market is messed up, can't show any advice on that besides looking if there's a insane battle or not, conquest they call it. Profit pushes tend to keep the fodder floor fairly decent, not too bad.
Colors? There's people who like triples, doubles, mis-matching xyz's, eyeburners, etc. You never know who likes what - unless you ask them / go to their lair or something.
I'd say to look for the same 'type' of dragon already on the AH to price your dragon around, just in case.
For me, it depends.
Is it the prettiest thing I ever seen? If so, I'll spend 100kt+ on it, because I can always profit from said dragon later.
Is it worth it?
And - Will I keep this dragon for a long time,
are the questions that usually go through my mind when making an 'expensive' purchase.
If the dragon is over the top gorgeous, sure, list it for 500g. Someone will buy it - if not, slowly lower the price.
tumblr_ojla8vCHjm1vx6sm0o1_250.png
The most expensive dragon in my lair was 5kg; he's an unbred, pure G2 6-digit wildclaw. Generally I would expect to pay more for new genes, desirable color combos, and unique attributes like ID numbers and parentage.

That said, a lot of my non-G1 dragons were initially fodder, or personal breeding projects.
The most expensive dragon in my lair was 5kg; he's an unbred, pure G2 6-digit wildclaw. Generally I would expect to pay more for new genes, desirable color combos, and unique attributes like ID numbers and parentage.

That said, a lot of my non-G1 dragons were initially fodder, or personal breeding projects.
signature_fr_sunsward_by_vampireselene13-d8zkupp.png[img][/img]