Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lair Discussion
1 2 3
@uhhjoyce27

Dragons I loose imterest in are usually sold. Exalting doesn't give as much money and I'm really lazy when it comes to levelling. Exalting dragons is a part of the game, and it pretty much means sending a dragon to serve their deity (Offical lore). Exalting can mean anything though!
Whether it means death or sacrifice, it can be whatever. It's also like... selling something to your deity in a way. You give your flight a dragon and get a small bit of money in return.

@uhhjoyce27

Dragons I loose imterest in are usually sold. Exalting doesn't give as much money and I'm really lazy when it comes to levelling. Exalting dragons is a part of the game, and it pretty much means sending a dragon to serve their deity (Offical lore). Exalting can mean anything though!
Whether it means death or sacrifice, it can be whatever. It's also like... selling something to your deity in a way. You give your flight a dragon and get a small bit of money in return.

dQT1EzU.gif
I collect individual dragons.

I give individual dragons lore.

It starts making patterns and turning into a functioning clan.

I stop taking in dragons that won't fit into the functioning clan.
I collect individual dragons.

I give individual dragons lore.

It starts making patterns and turning into a functioning clan.

I stop taking in dragons that won't fit into the functioning clan.
4UUQPPZ.gif
Honestly, my lore all stemmed out from my leader. Once I got her personality down, the rest came easily.
Honestly, my lore all stemmed out from my leader. Once I got her personality down, the rest came easily.
9CxYF0H.png
It sort of just depends on my own actual experiences with FR, for me, but translated to lore.

When I first started making up lore for my dragons, I'd just moved to a new flight and had exalted everyone from my old flight and was repopulating through 'free dragon' threads, raffles, and the AH, so the lore became one of travellers finding a place to stay permanently. After I left and, again, exalted nearly everyone, I started hatching instead with very rare AH/raffle dragons, (and plus I leave a lot so my 'active' status fluctuates) so now I've got a lair of "old (and out-of-touch), natural-born Light dragons who're trained in combat and very knowledgeable, but would rather just spend all their time sleeping". Essentially, a clan of grandpas and grandmas.
It sort of just depends on my own actual experiences with FR, for me, but translated to lore.

When I first started making up lore for my dragons, I'd just moved to a new flight and had exalted everyone from my old flight and was repopulating through 'free dragon' threads, raffles, and the AH, so the lore became one of travellers finding a place to stay permanently. After I left and, again, exalted nearly everyone, I started hatching instead with very rare AH/raffle dragons, (and plus I leave a lot so my 'active' status fluctuates) so now I've got a lair of "old (and out-of-touch), natural-born Light dragons who're trained in combat and very knowledgeable, but would rather just spend all their time sleeping". Essentially, a clan of grandpas and grandmas.
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
My theme seems to have unintentionally become "Cursed and generally messed up but have hearts somewhere"
I don't really have a theme for appearances, but dark colors are much more likely to be in my lair than bright pastels. It really depends on who you are, since my lair doesn't have a set theme. We're just a bunch of criminals and warlocks and generally messed up fellows trying to live together in somewhat harmony.
My theme seems to have unintentionally become "Cursed and generally messed up but have hearts somewhere"
I don't really have a theme for appearances, but dark colors are much more likely to be in my lair than bright pastels. It really depends on who you are, since my lair doesn't have a set theme. We're just a bunch of criminals and warlocks and generally messed up fellows trying to live together in somewhat harmony.
wORSkxL.png
@uhhjoyce27 Exalting dragons means removing them from the game permanently, it is often faster and easier than trying to sell them (plus it has other benefits). There's an exalting FAQ linked below in my signature if you want to learn more!

My lair theme is apparently All Of The Dragon Clothes and Unpopular Colors Nobody Else Wants. I could never be one of those people who has all one breed or color, I like variety too much! The nice thing about FR though is that you're free to collect whatever dragons you like best, there isn't really any elitism around here. You do you! If you want to have some themed dragons without sacrificing your entire lair you might devote one page (20 dragons) to a theme, for example.
@uhhjoyce27 Exalting dragons means removing them from the game permanently, it is often faster and easier than trying to sell them (plus it has other benefits). There's an exalting FAQ linked below in my signature if you want to learn more!

My lair theme is apparently All Of The Dragon Clothes and Unpopular Colors Nobody Else Wants. I could never be one of those people who has all one breed or color, I like variety too much! The nice thing about FR though is that you're free to collect whatever dragons you like best, there isn't really any elitism around here. You do you! If you want to have some themed dragons without sacrificing your entire lair you might devote one page (20 dragons) to a theme, for example.
I used to have a lair full of random but pretty dragons. I got rid of them all a few months back in order to convert my lair to a bee theme. I just really like bees. xD
I used to have a lair full of random but pretty dragons. I got rid of them all a few months back in order to convert my lair to a bee theme. I just really like bees. xD
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
My lair consists of mostly fan dragons or OC dragons XD
My lair consists of mostly fan dragons or OC dragons XD
sdSRvlV.png
Honestly my lair is a mish mash of dragons and my lore is actually based off of a story I've been developing for over 2 years now. If you check my lair I have a variety of dragons lol. I'd say to just let your lair develop over time.
Honestly my lair is a mish mash of dragons and my lore is actually based off of a story I've been developing for over 2 years now. If you check my lair I have a variety of dragons lol. I'd say to just let your lair develop over time.
m6vglJ1.png
I'm starting my theme, but the first row of my lair is what I want it to look like in the future.
I'm starting my theme, but the first row of my lair is what I want it to look like in the future.
@nine_more_seasons_ 29165470.png?mtime=WJ_7FAAAVC4.png rnj5WRD.png
1 2 3