Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does your clan get cash? (lore)
1 2 3 4 5 6
My clan has crafters and merchants who go out and sell their goods to clans in other territories, which is how the bulk of the money gets made in-lore. There are also scavengers and the like who turn up valuables every now and then that certain parties would pay handsomely for.

We also have a black market trader.
My clan has crafters and merchants who go out and sell their goods to clans in other territories, which is how the bulk of the money gets made in-lore. There are also scavengers and the like who turn up valuables every now and then that certain parties would pay handsomely for.

We also have a black market trader.
[internal screaming intensifies]
hecate_flipped-_free_pc_lineart_-_lichtdrache.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio2_r2_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio3_r1_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio4_r1_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio1_r1_100.pnghecate_-_free_pc_lineart_-_lichtdrache.png
My clan used to mainly use exalting but
Now
We are 75% Magical Dragons and 25% insane dragons
So we do miscellaneous jobs that you use magic for the magical part of my clan for and assassination for them insane kid lady of the clan
My clan used to mainly use exalting but
Now
We are 75% Magical Dragons and 25% insane dragons
So we do miscellaneous jobs that you use magic for the magical part of my clan for and assassination for them insane kid lady of the clan
kageyama_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dapx8sa.gif 0MaKSzV.png hinata_emote_by_bwsweetpeaa-dappevb.gif
my clan trades goods to other clans a lot and that's probably their main income, but i'm sure they sell other things too
my clan trades goods to other clans a lot and that's probably their main income, but i'm sure they sell other things too
UIT22Ie.png
foxpaws
my tumblr
My clan is made up of a network of mercenaries who get paid a pretty penny to assassinate and silence others. Their work isn't cheap and clients know that to secure the best of the best in the clan they must pay a lot, since at any moment they can switch sides if someonepays them higher.
My clan is made up of a network of mercenaries who get paid a pretty penny to assassinate and silence others. Their work isn't cheap and clients know that to secure the best of the best in the clan they must pay a lot, since at any moment they can switch sides if someonepays them higher.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Mercenary boot camp. I figure exalt payouts are the "admission fee" fodders pay to be trained. :-)
Mercenary boot camp. I figure exalt payouts are the "admission fee" fodders pay to be trained. :-)
tumblr_omdjqr5YYp1r4lw2fo1_500.png
My class makes their money working mercenary jobs. We mostly get paid by the Spire and other clans for various services, including training and providing interns (exalting), protection of a clan or its resources, breaking down outdated spires and selling their parts and useful components as part of an ongoing contract with both the Spire as well as a Fire Flight clan. Things like that.
My class makes their money working mercenary jobs. We mostly get paid by the Spire and other clans for various services, including training and providing interns (exalting), protection of a clan or its resources, breaking down outdated spires and selling their parts and useful components as part of an ongoing contract with both the Spire as well as a Fire Flight clan. Things like that.
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
My clan gets all their cash from the tourist industry, hahaha
My clan gets all their cash from the tourist industry, hahaha
UEKFohX.png
Well ruin exploration makes for finding some nice pricey trinkets! Many of the members of my clan explore ruins in and around the territory, and they can end up finding some nice things to sell to collectors at the Auction House, Marketplace, etc... Or they just find plain old gems and treasure.

There are also some artisans and merchants that create things like clothes, jewelry, trinkets, decorations, and other things like that. Or the merchants haggle to get things for a low price and flip it to make a profit.

Also the leader has a gigantic garden, and every now and then she harvests excess plants and either gives the seeds, cuttings, or whole plants to the merchants to sell for her. Sometimes it's a mix of all three.

A little bit of all the members' own money stash also goes into the main hoard or vault every month; these funds are usually only used in emergencies (lair expansion/repair, emergency food stores, etc) or celebrations (flight festivals and clan traditions).

(*cough* also they may raid/loot trespassers if they aren't well-behaved guests before sacrificing exalting them to Shadowmother.)
Well ruin exploration makes for finding some nice pricey trinkets! Many of the members of my clan explore ruins in and around the territory, and they can end up finding some nice things to sell to collectors at the Auction House, Marketplace, etc... Or they just find plain old gems and treasure.

There are also some artisans and merchants that create things like clothes, jewelry, trinkets, decorations, and other things like that. Or the merchants haggle to get things for a low price and flip it to make a profit.

Also the leader has a gigantic garden, and every now and then she harvests excess plants and either gives the seeds, cuttings, or whole plants to the merchants to sell for her. Sometimes it's a mix of all three.

A little bit of all the members' own money stash also goes into the main hoard or vault every month; these funds are usually only used in emergencies (lair expansion/repair, emergency food stores, etc) or celebrations (flight festivals and clan traditions).

(*cough* also they may raid/loot trespassers if they aren't well-behaved guests before sacrificing exalting them to Shadowmother.)
.............ZRFPHFU.png
Amri/Abyss || FR+3 || They/Them
zu5O19Q.png
Lore Thread || Tumblr || Toyhouse
zu5O19Q.png
Wish List || Goal List
DaxXxIb.png
Our clan has a few traders dealing in rare stuff and gemstones (we have gatherers and adventurers to replenish our supplies, too). Also, as our lair is large and close to the Pillar (well, the Beacon of the Radiant Eye atm), it serves as sort of a bed&breakfast for the travelers and pilgrims on their way to meeting the deity to get exalted and find out their new job (= I buy hatchlings and resell as adults XD )
Our clan has a few traders dealing in rare stuff and gemstones (we have gatherers and adventurers to replenish our supplies, too). Also, as our lair is large and close to the Pillar (well, the Beacon of the Radiant Eye atm), it serves as sort of a bed&breakfast for the travelers and pilgrims on their way to meeting the deity to get exalted and find out their new job (= I buy hatchlings and resell as adults XD )
My clan is essentially a bunch of old geezers with a lot of combat (and otherwise) knowledge but a desire to do nothing but sleep*, who don't really earn much anymore as much as they just preserve and lowkey try to multiply their current treasure. A lot of it is reselling, and they have a lot of 'antiques' that they sell on the AH when funds start getting too low. They also have a passive interest in alchemy and visit Swipp's whenever they can (they like the reminder to the good ol' days when Swipp was new), and they sell some of the stuff they get from there. They don't really fight battles anymore except when training the young'uns, but some of the younger adults love to explore and sell a lot of what they find.

(And they also occasionally sell children and unwanted/annoying adults, but you didn't hear that from me.)

*Most of my dragons are 2+ yo and coli-trained, but I'm not very active, so this is the best I could think of to translate that into lore. :V
My clan is essentially a bunch of old geezers with a lot of combat (and otherwise) knowledge but a desire to do nothing but sleep*, who don't really earn much anymore as much as they just preserve and lowkey try to multiply their current treasure. A lot of it is reselling, and they have a lot of 'antiques' that they sell on the AH when funds start getting too low. They also have a passive interest in alchemy and visit Swipp's whenever they can (they like the reminder to the good ol' days when Swipp was new), and they sell some of the stuff they get from there. They don't really fight battles anymore except when training the young'uns, but some of the younger adults love to explore and sell a lot of what they find.

(And they also occasionally sell children and unwanted/annoying adults, but you didn't hear that from me.)

*Most of my dragons are 2+ yo and coli-trained, but I'm not very active, so this is the best I could think of to translate that into lore. :V
V9yg0X3.png frt_pronouns.png
hoard_sales.png
separator.png
pixel_headshots.png
separator.png
temp.png
1 2 3 4 5 6