Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How does your clan get cash? (lore)
1 2 3 4 5 6
We all know that we can hoard sell, play games or trivia, or exalt dragons to get some treasure for our clans, but that gets a little old after a while. I want to know what businesses (for all you lore writers and RPers out there) your clans have set up, or what deals they're making on sly, to really rake in the dough.

This can be anything from setting up shop near the trading post, selling potions and magical trinkets, or operating an underground gem trade. Be creative!
We all know that we can hoard sell, play games or trivia, or exalt dragons to get some treasure for our clans, but that gets a little old after a while. I want to know what businesses (for all you lore writers and RPers out there) your clans have set up, or what deals they're making on sly, to really rake in the dough.

This can be anything from setting up shop near the trading post, selling potions and magical trinkets, or operating an underground gem trade. Be creative!
2046.pngBOOTS! BOOTS!diHpFCA.pngBOOTS! BOOTS!15125.png
My clan actually uses exalting in lore! As well as that, there's a dragon market set up (Though it is kinda sorta illegal but shhh, my clan is filled with criminals)

Other than that though, we have merchants (Both legal and highly illegal) that sell wares to any dragon willing to pay. You'd be surprised at the amount of junk they can profit from. As well as that, my Oracle (tentatively) offers services, I have a storm navigator that will work for payment, and our trophy hunter and maker can make some uncannily detailed models... He refuses to speak of how he makes them, though.
My clan actually uses exalting in lore! As well as that, there's a dragon market set up (Though it is kinda sorta illegal but shhh, my clan is filled with criminals)

Other than that though, we have merchants (Both legal and highly illegal) that sell wares to any dragon willing to pay. You'd be surprised at the amount of junk they can profit from. As well as that, my Oracle (tentatively) offers services, I have a storm navigator that will work for payment, and our trophy hunter and maker can make some uncannily detailed models... He refuses to speak of how he makes them, though.
wORSkxL.png
My clan is a town of tourist traps in an oasis in the good ol' Abiding Boneyard,
My clan is a town of tourist traps in an oasis in the good ol' Abiding Boneyard,
hisscale_fr_sig_fun_just_top___copy_by_hisscale-dalw0n9.png
We are working on our lore.. but when my two pro-gens come home...they train and sell dragons to the deities and get rewarded...
We are working on our lore.. but when my two pro-gens come home...they train and sell dragons to the deities and get rewarded...
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
Tsara funds Luromai through the royal treasury, which comes from taxes. Most of the common dragons have some sort of craft, or just sell stuff that other people make at hiked-up prices.
Tsara funds Luromai through the royal treasury, which comes from taxes. Most of the common dragons have some sort of craft, or just sell stuff that other people make at hiked-up prices.
Mg9qSuP.gif
Ships! We buy goods from artisans and food-collectors, and sail around Sornieth reselling them to merchants at a higher price. We also rent out our ships, (complete with captain and crew) to other travilling clans. Less seaworthy dragons run a small trading post/pawn shop where ships are also stored. Do basically, we are paid to transport cargo to other clans.
Ships! We buy goods from artisans and food-collectors, and sail around Sornieth reselling them to merchants at a higher price. We also rent out our ships, (complete with captain and crew) to other travilling clans. Less seaworthy dragons run a small trading post/pawn shop where ships are also stored. Do basically, we are paid to transport cargo to other clans.
she/he/they | fr + 3
Killing monsters!

I mean if I actually wrote/worked on my lore they would x) Basically they're monster hunters/mercenaries for hire.

One day I will work on my lore.

Today is not that day.
Killing monsters!

I mean if I actually wrote/worked on my lore they would x) Basically they're monster hunters/mercenaries for hire.

One day I will work on my lore.

Today is not that day.
Making stuff! About a quarter of the clan farms/gathers raw materials and then another quarter takes those things and makes them into processed goods to sell! Even the dragons who provide services (cleaning, religious ceremonies, landscaping, etc.) have been known to take part-time work in other clans to help them out and bring in a little cash!
Making stuff! About a quarter of the clan farms/gathers raw materials and then another quarter takes those things and makes them into processed goods to sell! Even the dragons who provide services (cleaning, religious ceremonies, landscaping, etc.) have been known to take part-time work in other clans to help them out and bring in a little cash!
My clan is half trades-dragons, and they support the clan by selling their wares. The warrior faction makes sure the goods get to market and does make some money by training warriors to send elsewhere.
My clan is half trades-dragons, and they support the clan by selling their wares. The warrior faction makes sure the goods get to market and does make some money by training warriors to send elsewhere.
Na5WGHa.png
Stipend from Droolmamma for continued 'ambassadorial' work to Dragonhome.

So basically spying. So much spying.
Stipend from Droolmamma for continued 'ambassadorial' work to Dragonhome.

So basically spying. So much spying.
deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gifkpt5snS.pngsmall_female.png
1 2 3 4 5 6