Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | so, throatarium
1 2 3 4 5
sometimes you have to just kind of let go of the realism factor in accents for the reward of them looking pretty, but i agree, that'd be pretty uncomfortable for the poor bogsneak.. and basically impossible
sometimes you have to just kind of let go of the realism factor in accents for the reward of them looking pretty, but i agree, that'd be pretty uncomfortable for the poor bogsneak.. and basically impossible
UIT22Ie.png
foxpaws
my tumblr
I love these ideaas that bogsneaks are trying to raise fish inside their bodies
I love these ideaas that bogsneaks are trying to raise fish inside their bodies
[quote name="SariStar" date=2017-04-23 16:34:47] [quote name="October" date=2017-04-23 16:32:59] it's a bogsneak-shaped aquarium that only has water for the fish at the throat obviously [/quote] So what's the rest of the aquarium for? [/quote] @SariStar, @October, I liked this idea, so I ran with it a bit. xD I dunno if anyone cares on this level, BUT... A functional tank needs a lot! Filtration, heating, and the maintenance of water parameters are just the beginning with freshwater tanks like my betta's, but a LOT more goes into maintaining salt water tanks like those at the fish store where my boyfriend works. That said, a Bogsneak shaped saltwater tank could totally be a fully functioning system, with the throat-tank existing as a home for the fish. A large part of the body would be a second, hidden tank used for [url=http://www.oscarfishlover.com/aquarium-sump-filters]sump filtration[/url]! Then, the head and remaining body/tail space would be filled with some neat products (mostly designed in Lightning Flight, I presume) that could maintain/record salinity, water parameters, heat ranges for the tank, and other necessary processes that keep fish healthy and happy. I could even see a regular food dispenser existing between the head and neck sections of the "Throatarium" Bogsneak model tank, so that the food drops down to the fish without anyone needing to feed them manually. Ok maybe I overthought this a LOT but hey, I just got into fishkeeping, so I like thinking about this stuff. xD And Bogsneaks aren't Fae. That's gotta be a pretty sizeable tank if the Bogsneak is actual-size.
SariStar wrote on 2017-04-23:
October wrote on 2017-04-23:
it's a bogsneak-shaped aquarium that only has water for the fish at the throat
obviously

So what's the rest of the aquarium for?
@SariStar, @October, I liked this idea, so I ran with it a bit. xD I dunno if anyone cares on this level, BUT...

A functional tank needs a lot! Filtration, heating, and the maintenance of water parameters are just the beginning with freshwater tanks like my betta's, but a LOT more goes into maintaining salt water tanks like those at the fish store where my boyfriend works.

That said, a Bogsneak shaped saltwater tank could totally be a fully functioning system, with the throat-tank existing as a home for the fish. A large part of the body would be a second, hidden tank used for sump filtration! Then, the head and remaining body/tail space would be filled with some neat products (mostly designed in Lightning Flight, I presume) that could maintain/record salinity, water parameters, heat ranges for the tank, and other necessary processes that keep fish healthy and happy. I could even see a regular food dispenser existing between the head and neck sections of the "Throatarium" Bogsneak model tank, so that the food drops down to the fish without anyone needing to feed them manually.

Ok maybe I overthought this a LOT but hey, I just got into fishkeeping, so I like thinking about this stuff. xD And Bogsneaks aren't Fae. That's gotta be a pretty sizeable tank if the Bogsneak is actual-size.
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
I really like @Xarina's concept. It's kinda what I thought too (I was just too lazy to type it all out ^^').

That being said it could also be a bogsneak statue. I've seen quite a few statue dergs in other clans and the concept is is quite cool. Only instead of just a regular statue, it's a statue with an aquarium in it! Oooh aaah~

OR

It's a bognseak with a hyper realistic aquarium tattoo! Much like [link] or [link].
I really like @Xarina's concept. It's kinda what I thought too (I was just too lazy to type it all out ^^').

That being said it could also be a bogsneak statue. I've seen quite a few statue dergs in other clans and the concept is is quite cool. Only instead of just a regular statue, it's a statue with an aquarium in it! Oooh aaah~

OR

It's a bognseak with a hyper realistic aquarium tattoo! Much like [link] or [link].
2nw2yif.jpg0ewFuuh.png9X6Ea51.pngG4sZIm1.png2nw2yif.jpg
You guys. [img]http://simplywallpaper.net/pictures/2010/10/03/Minion-megamind-wallpaper.jpg[/img]
You guys.

Minion-megamind-wallpaper.jpg
1dgHJ.gif
@xarina
holy crap okay wow that's clever :0

i honestly had no idea how big bogsneks were since the only two i have are breed-changed and that messes up their sizes, but they are p big woah
@xarina
holy crap okay wow that's clever :0

i honestly had no idea how big bogsneks were since the only two i have are breed-changed and that messes up their sizes, but they are p big woah
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
[quote name="McChicken" date=2017-04-23 19:46:48] You guys. [img]http://simplywallpaper.net/pictures/2010/10/03/Minion-megamind-wallpaper.jpg[/img] [/quote] i'm go[i]nna c r y[/i]
McChicken wrote on 2017-04-23:
You guys.

i'm gonna c r y
Na5WGHa.png
[quote name="Tarble" date=2017-04-23 19:52:44] [quote name="McChicken" date=2017-04-23 19:46:48] You guys. [img]http://simplywallpaper.net/pictures/2010/10/03/Minion-megamind-wallpaper.jpg[/img] [/quote] i'm go[i]nna c r y[/i] [/quote] [i][b]Yes.[/b][/i]
Tarble wrote on 2017-04-23:
You guys.

i'm gonna c r y

Yes.
47816740.png

ZonZon
+3 FR time
They/Them

1 Egg per venue: 13/22

Oh no! A zombie! Why is he here? Click him for immediate gratification of your curiosity.
eNcK6Vhq_o.png
Bogsneak secretly is a fishtank.
It doesn't have organs–no, it has fish. This accent has just revealed the true bogsneak.
Bogsneak secretly is a fishtank.
It doesn't have organs–no, it has fish. This accent has just revealed the true bogsneak.
9CxYF0H.png
[quote name="ZontarZon" date=2017-04-23 20:07:39] [quote name="Tarble" date=2017-04-23 19:52:44] [quote name="McChicken" date=2017-04-23 19:46:48] You guys. [img]http://simplywallpaper.net/pictures/2010/10/03/Minion-megamind-wallpaper.jpg[/img] [/quote] i'm go[i]nna c r y[/i] [/quote] [i][b]Yes.[/b][/i] [/quote] GEEZUS
ZontarZon wrote on 2017-04-23:
Tarble wrote on 2017-04-23:
You guys.

i'm gonna c r y

Yes.

GEEZUS
uCR5SCW.png
1 2 3 4 5